Emugen - emulation general

emulation.gametechwiki.com/

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (speccy screenshot), OS, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/General_problems_FAQ

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/vgturtle127/8bitimager/blob/master/8bit.js
github.com/gmarty/image8bit/blob/master/jquery.image8bit.js
youtube.com/watch?v=UD_5w8IG5bc
github.com/mgba-emu/mgba/issues?q=is:issue author:"vgturtle127 " is:closed
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>He is a dev
He did write a single line of code.

>it's unfair to say that he's just editing text files
No, it's a fact.

>programming is just editing text files
Text files that can be compiled into a functional program that is. He couldn't even write a calculator.

First for emugen is alive again.

Praise the resident shitposters and attention whores.

and the turtleposters

I think this guy is just baiting you. Turtleman is a total joke.

Spirited discussions about irrelevant bullshit bumped the thread so fast I didn't notice it was well past 750 posts.

I'm almost convinced that the guy defending vgturtle is vgturtle himself.

Would this be a good place to ask for help with audio file extraction from a Vita game? The files in question have a similar header to atrac3+ but doesn't seem to be at3s

>Would this be a good place
Considering your question has absolutely nothing to do with emulation I'll have to go with 'no', but it's not like you'll stand any better chance of getting answers over in >>>/hbg/ that aren't 'lol dead handheld'

I already got my answer anyway. They are a new atrac format called AT9 or something

I'm almost convinced you were dropped as a child

I doubt it, he doesn't know he is a meme yet. lol

I think he must have found out, if he really deleted all his shit.

I can't find a reason to hate him, though.

github.com/vgturtle127/8bitimager/blob/master/8bit.js

Here's some 100% original vgturtle code. It's literally some of the worst-looking code I've ever seen.

You didn't hear? Somebody else has control of the Twitter and Reddit account now lol

So why don't you do a PR to make it better?

Besides, he says that is years old.

Truly the pinnacle of software engineering

"insert a person who sucks here"

turtle lol

Nope, also stolen. Here's the original:
github.com/gmarty/image8bit/blob/master/jquery.image8bit.js

Turtle stole the minified version of the code and reformatted it.

oh my god, where does the turtle ride end? Has he literally done nothing? Nothing?

oh jesus. this fuckin guy
he's my only github follower. I just want to delete the whole account now.

No, I think it is slightly different

It's been stated that he has done work for various gitbrew projects

Jesus christ, all he did was change a little bit of bad formatting to his own bad formatting, and NAME EVERYTHING ONE LETTER WHY WHY WHY

That's, impossible moron. The one guy he is following isn't you.

Can you find a difference that isn't a change of variable name or whitespace adjustment? Everything's even in the same order.

There wasn't a license, so giving attribution, while it would have been a good idea, probably isn't required

REally? He unfollowed me lol.

He unfollowed everybody...

you're right. he's not following anymore. I'm back to 0.

He probably is pretty good at JavaScript, then.

> tfw JavaScript is for scrubs

I'm not saying it's immoral, it's just 100% retarded, not his own work as an user previously claimed, and he took actual time out of his day to very transparently try to make it look different for the sake of looking different for some reason. And his adjustment is a strict downgrade in code-readability.

you know, the guy who created the JavaScript code works for Mozilla, and Turtle says he worked for Mozilla at one time.

Maybe they know each other?

>adding copyright info to shit he clearly doesn't have any rights to
>didn't even do it right

This is why we have no sympathy for him.

What are the absolute most poorman settings for PCSX2?

If this fucker: youtube.com/watch?v=UD_5w8IG5bc

Can pull it off then I should be able to too!

I have windows 8 and these are my specs.

If anyone can tell me the most piss poor settings most appreciated. I don't care if it looks and sounds like ass I just want to play games.

I have version 1.3.1 btw.

Hell i'll even downgrade or grab a newer version if I need to I just want performance damnit.

That's not how copyright works, retard.

If there isn't a license it's assumed to be copyrighted by the author with all rights reserved, not public domain.

At the time, there was no GitHub page for the original and it didn't have a license.

Honest mistake, if you ask me.

Somebody could just open an issue, and I am sure he would fix it if somebody would just talk to the man like a human being.

Or a turtle...heh

>just talk to the man like a human being

Turtles are reptiles

So is your mom

Please fuck off

Turtle are you really this lonely? No, taking someone's stuff uncredited is not honest no matter what you happen to mistake it as at the time, especially when you straight up copy a project wholesale, do nothing different with it, and put your name on it. And what do you think could be "fixed" about that? Removing the entire thing is the fix, it's someone else's and doesn't add anything of its own!

>that indentation

What the fuck?

Maybe tell him, then? It is a GitHub, after all...

Did he deliver in the end?

As it was stated before, Turtle doesn't know yet about the whole "he's a fucking meme" thing.

One had some SGI code in them, but the other was legit. He talked about in the #n64dev IRC channel for a bit.

It really isn't that bad, I mean I have seen much worse in WordPress themes and shit

so,
he CAN code: He's not completely delusional, just really, REALLY fucking silly. Why do all these punctuation edits and other mundane things if he can actually program?
This makes no sense to me.

>There are people on /emugen/ right now who support closed source emulators
>There are people on /emugen/ right now who say the turtle did nothing wrong

Probably the people who killed RachelB too.

He says developers have shunned him in the past (like the endrift incident), so maybe he is being cautious, but failing miserably?

>the endrift incident

wat

Didn't expect turtle to hate on trannies

He's the opposite of that though. He kept boasting and asking for attention but failed to deliver constantly.

I wish /emugen/ would have been less heavy handed with the banter though, I'll miss him if he's gone for good. How will we bump the thread now? We'll have to increase Picross posting to the max.

Nobody said he didn't do anything wrong, I think people are just saying it isn't worth all the trolling, harassment, taking over his accounts, embarrassment, etc etc etc

This is Veeky Forums, so everybody hates on people who do anything wrong, no matter how big or small.

No, no. It was in a big report on GitHub. Endrift told Turtle off, at least I think that is how he felt about it. he talked about it in a Project64 issue.

He just thought he was reporting bugs, and Endrift wasn't having a good day.

*bug

Sorry.

Was that about that joke about reproducing someone made? That was turtle's doing?

Reminder:

RetroArch should introduce a simple scripting language that allows control over the menu driver (and possibly simulated inputs) and the ability to do shit with dialogs and the like to allow various user-created tutorials to introduce users to certain concepts.

Basically, Endrift just labeled the bug as a "not likely", and then closed the issue. Turtle didn't understand why, and when he asked Endrift got pissed at him.

Endrift also kind of got pissy when Turtle asked about another issue was having in the same issue, I think.

I only remember it because it seemed like Endrift was overly angry for some reason.

I don't remember anybody doing that over here though. It was mostly silly image montages and hardcore memeing. Hate is really too strong a word, most of us were just making fun of him.

There are like 100 people posting in this general, it's not exactly massive enough to be public shaming. We're easy to ignore.

No I don't think that was related at all. I don't remember Endrift saying who made the joke, it was only a tweet IIRC.

Turtle was posting in the issue as if he was one of the devs though. Maybe he meant well but that shit is annoying when you're a maintainer, it blurs the line and makes it more difficult to get to the point.

That really sounds like a bad idea to me, it's a huge feature bloat for little gain. RA's UI should be streamlined somehow but adding clippy in it won't do a lot of good IMO.

For reference

github.com/mgba-emu/mgba/issues?q=is:issue author:"vgturtle127 " is:closed

His dumb dopey smile accompanying all his posts always gets me.

Boy, Veeky Forums hates happiness to a TEEEEEEE

Just make it an optional Clippy core and it'll be fine.

He does seem like he has enough knowledge to be useful when reporting bugs, but then Endrift kind of shuts him down. I understand if something is wrong or whatever, but if you wanna lose somebody who was willing to help, that is a good way to do it. People can only do so much before they give up, and I think that's why Turtle contributed for a few months then stopped.

Somebody should contact him and see what he says about it.

He isn't very photogenic, I assume that's the best one he has

I don't think making fun of him is necessary.

He may have done a lot of things, but making fun of his face is probably a bit much.

What's that picture from, anyway? It looks ancient.

damn. now i feel bad for shitting on him.
his kickstarter pissed me off tho. He was asking for a lot of money and only spent a few seconds on the art.

Sorry, mom.

Only one of his bug reports is actually valid (the last one).

The other ones were either game bugs that were correctly emulated or stuff that didn't turn out to be bugs.

If he wanted to be truly helpful he should have compared mgba's output with other emulators or even the real hardware if he had the right equipment. Otherwise you're just giving the devs more work as they have to sort out your flow of bug reports that are complicated to verify.

He's a goofy looking nerd (like all devs really) who posts his face all over online.

Do not post your face on github. I don't want to be looking at your ugly mug when doing shit there. This isn't facebook.

you sound like a bitch.
he's reporting bugs, for FREE.
he might generate a few goose-chases, but ffs.
i'd kill to have any testers.

I actually heard about that through his Facebook, and he seemed really excited about it. Afterwards, he said he (after the fact) realized it was a "terrible effort and not at all what I had envisioned for the end result". I think he has visions of what he wants, and just executes them poorly.

You'd kill to have a tester that barely investigates anything and just reports 80% of false positives? You must really be desperate.

What with all the turtle apologists all of a sudden?

I'll admit, you made me laugh when I read that.

They're all turtle. :^)

>What with all the turtle apologists all of a sudden?

Could be Turtle getting defensive.

I think it's because one person said it, now people who were in that mindset are coming forth.

Or they are all a bunch of trolling faggots

>you must be desperate
kinda. (._. )

I really don't think he knows, he probably would have posted on Reddit about it.

No, he doesn't have control over the vgturtle127 Reddit account anymore.

Can you imagine? Discovering that you've become a meme on an obscure thread of an obscure board on Veeky Forums? My life would be complete.

Expect another blog post soon.

He hasn't posted anything on Facebook about Veeky Forums, at least. He seems down lately though, mostly about the Reddit/Twitter thing.

lol

How long did that take you?

Too long, I bet. lulz

What do you mean?

>Too long, I bet. lulz

He just hasn't posted that much positive stuff like he usually does. He is usually way optimistic. Especially about Project64.

Lately it has all been about pessimism and not being able to make deadlines that he set for himself.

I don't know, just feel like he's down.

Gold. We should get a whole collection going for these threadz. lol

Make that bad ass mobile spin.

Reality hit him, he's finally starting to grow up.

I'm sure we'll see a smile on his face again soon

worth every second

Amazing

>Lately it has all been about pessimism and not being able to make deadlines that he set for himself.

Deadlines for what, editing readmes? The guy is a joke.

Make a Turtle Club vesion of him winking.

I think it has, to be honest.

Turtle club version is a must!

PCSX2 works horrendously with the newer windows unless you have a monster PC.

No fucking clue why, it works best on windows XP for some reason.

My advice is just to get a decent PC with windows XP or Windows 7 or something. Anything below windows 8 is pretty okay.

It just doesn't play nice with the newer operating systems.

Just for you