/btbg/ - Battleborn General

IT BEGINS edition

Available now (or in a couple of hours) on Steam, Xbone and PS4 worldwide (excluding Japan)

>What is this?
Battleborn is a freshly released moba-fps blend by Gearbox Software (the guys that made Borderlands).

>Official website
battleborn.com/

>Veeky Forums steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/vgbattleborn

>discord channel
discord.gg/0xVj0DIkVdQQkr1I

>Overwatch ripoff?

Fuck off, you're retarded.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4N5XQI8EDDw
youtu.be/ZLUKw5MgsKw
steamcommunity.com/id/Miknung/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You know what to do, faggots

end my suffering

Man, all the lack of discussion and excitment around the web is making me worried for this game

no pic yet but

>Thorn - because jungle elf with russian accent is hot.
>shayne and aurox
>rath and marquis are really well designed.
>As much as I like the character god are miko players a pain in the ass

of course it will be like that, third of the bb threads were blizzard fans shitting on it just so they could worship overwatch

I'm skeptically optimistic about the game. It looks fun but I don't want to buy it and get bored in a week. Been trying to judge it off reviews or other peoples impressions but I can't find any discussion on the game anywhere

I cant really say if youl like it or not without knowing what has put you off and what you look for.
whilst totalbuscuit definitely has conformation bias in his beta review he does a pretty accurate take on it.

the intro is actually pretty badass

youtube.com/watch?v=4N5XQI8EDDw

I played the beta. It was fun. But im not sure if the fun will last more than a week

That was
Badass
Galilea, Reyna/Oscar Mike, I really dig the design behind calduris, and both rath and miko can both go fuck eachother

dont suppose anyones around right now who has it unlocked?

Intro is really good. Was very impressed.

I do. liking melka a lot more after that prologue. really like thorns design i just wished i didnt suck so bad as sniper characters so i could be her more.

well, so far it's only unlocked in EU, I guess the general will pick up a decent pace once amerifats wake up

I just want more tanks since everyone seems obsessed with damage dealers

Deltron 3030 character when?

Intro was cool as fuck

AUSFAGS

Any clue where the cheapest place to get this on console is? Was waiting for the usual launch day ~$70 deals but haven't seen any. Found it for

Why not get it for pc? just curious

not him but i regret getting it on pc because i absolutely suck at keyboard and mouse for shooters. during beta on console i was average to top, now im like 0-x-x, its embarissing

Too bad the epilogue was pretty lame, since it focused more on story.

My PC is just trash.

guys I just found out about this game yesterday, got so hyped up from the good reviews and people talking about it that I pre-ordered the digital deluxe edition. I hope I didnt get memed with this shit, is the game fun?

>buff Benedict

I ordered it for PS4 and PC. I tried to bribe my friend who is a Gamestop GM to make his store have a midnight launch for the game somehow.

SM, I meant

You can download controller drivers for your pc.

in-depth isic guide, please like and subscribe

Montana is much better than i thought. That stun is too real.

Try Galilea some time

1 hour left and the wait is killing me. Fuck non globalized releases.

SO CLOSE YET SO FAR
youtu.be/ZLUKw5MgsKw

This game looks like dog shit, will die within a week at best.

You came here to say this? Not bad m8 I pat you on the back.

I can't even play it until tomorrow afternoon because I have to get up early and do shit all morning.

Thanks Kaplan, go back to babysitting your wife's son please

15 Minutes, faggots.

GET FUCKIN' HYPE!

I too like getting you's so heres a you for you.

I'm fuckin ready.

> 25
???

IM FUCKING READY

Fuck just come on already. I wanna unlock my girl Mellka

I'm just glad S&A are easy to unlock.
That's all I want, honestly.

THREE MINUTES

T H R E E
H
R
E
E

Clock down to 1 minute. Well guys, see ya on the other side.

Kek. Give it a few seconds

>UNPACKING

WHY MUST LIFE BE SUFFERING

CMON AAHHHH

THESE SERVERS ARE GETTING FUCKING DUMPED

>Player Initialization Failed

Well at least now I know its not just my internet being trash like usual.

You fuckers already done unpacking? Christ my hard drive must suck a dick.

Same shit as the launch of every online based game. Nothing new here but you think devs would prepare somewhat.
I can log in but can't start the prolouge mission

>release of a new title from a major devloper
>only like 2 people in the thread

gearbox dun goofed

SUCCESS

Stuck at fucking start screen here on Xbox.
Sigh.

Same here

Failed to authenticate JUST

>ready to launch in approximately: 33 minutes

hooray for fake pre-loads

Dont forget me nigga

>five days of unpacking
WHEW

>Preload game hours ago.
>Game says it's all the way downloaded.
>Ready to launch in 35 minutes.
Fuck off

almost there lads

hey, i'm here too

but i won't be once this thing unpacks

>failed to authenticate with server

Just keep trying to get on,I just got in.

steamcommunity.com/id/Miknung/ Add me if you wanna play (now or whenever), got 3 slots open right now. Just playing for fun and unlocking stuff, so don't worry about performing badly or not having a mic, etc.

Gonna be playing CP and Incursion, fuck Meltdown.

On a side note, can you not turn off the gold stand in character select? It looks so silly, I chuckle every time I see someone with it.

Yeah, you'd think those dipshits would have known to include a feature that lets you browse Veeky Forums without even having to pause your console. Everyone knows console gaming is dying, so they might as well let them practice alt+tabbing for shitposts.

Is the VA for Oscar Mike the same one that does the storm trooper and other character's voices from Robot Chicken?

"I should pre-load this so I can play it on release..."

>Ready to launch in approximately 48 mins 17 secs

ded

>melka has multiple running animations

That prolouge mission was pretty cool. Easy as hell and a crappy tutorial but cool. The animated cutscene was fucking incredible and the dialouge was a lot better than what they had in the beta.

>can't queue for specific missions and have to vote for them
That's kind of dumb actually

The counter keeps going UP.

Seems like a fair balance between voting for maps in multiplayer FPSs and playing the one map in MOBAs.

If people could queue, they would just quit if they didn't like the look of their team or started losing and just queue the same mission again.

Does the game feel more balanced?

More balanced than the open beta to be sure. Only played one match but I managed to kill a galilea and a ambra so thats a good sign.

I'm pretty certain I just fought someone using a trigger bot and possibly some aim form of aim assist as Marquis. Private profile, of course.

You can queue for the last mission, for some reason.

Meant the other way around. Aim assist with some trigger bot. No way in hell is someone flickshotting a double jumping Caldarius with a crit almost every time.

>opening Phoebe's command tab crashed the game

bravo amazing game

Good god, this may be the ugliest artstyle I've ever seen in any game.

I thought Wildstar was bad, but good god. That looks almost masterful by comparison.

>Day one
>Balance
Too many casuals jumping on and everyone is low ranked, ask again in a couple weeks when all the bad kids have returned their copy of them game or moved on.

Anyone want to party up and tackle the coop missions in order?

The sad part is they look pretty good in those flash animations, and the models are actually fairly well done.

How did they get the style so fucking wrong, though? It's giving me eye cancer.

It's just the same Borderlands style Gearbox has been using for years.

hmu in the steam group chat

No, I liked the Borderlands style. It at least had some shred of charm under the absurdity.

This style is like Borderlands, Tumblr and a Pixar movie had an abortion baby. It's an abomination.

The only passable characters are the ones without faces, and even some of them are too ridiculous to live.

Keeps. Fucking. Happening.

>UNSKIpABLE SHITTY RAP CUTSCENCE

Annnnnd refunded.

ok

Holy shit, like 10 min and its STILL going, its like its designed to waste time so I can't refund this POS

So how did yall justify $60 on a ASSFAGGOTS with a tacked on story mode? I'll admit I enjoyed the beta quite a bit, and I aint no poorfag. However, I feel as though the price is too steep for 3 game modes with a single map for each one, all of which are boring to look at visually, and 8-10 story mode chapters?

So is this game better than Overwatch? y/n

Would it actually be able to compete with Overwatch?