I have a very strange situation going on next door and I have no idea what to make of it

I have a very strange situation going on next door and I have no idea what to make of it.

The last owner I knew basically picked up and moved out west and I have hardly heard from them in two years. As far as I know, they completely abandoned the property. I don't know how they are getting away with it, but utilities keep seeming to be connected her no one is paying. The Josie has been a complete mess and rodents have infiltrated it. It's pissed me off so much that I've begun mowing the lawn and doing some general lawn maintenance to stop the problem. I've been trying to find the owner (who apparently isn't the person I last knew) so I could deman/sue for my troubles of maintains their yard for them.

This is where it gets really strange. I called the county auditor and inquired about the property. The lady kept putting me on hold and when she's come back, she'd say "well this is odd" or "well this is strange" based on what she has been finding. One company supposedly owns it and I was given a name, but I doubt the person even exists because they only live a few blocks away by I have NEVER seen them here. She also said that a different company is paying the taxes.

I have no idea wtf is going on. Possible drug money laundering? But even so, the house is completely unused and someone is paying $3k per year in taxes alone. What use could it be to own a property that is vacant?

Other urls found in this thread:

delawareonline.com/story/news/local/2015/02/03/new-castle-county-creates-vacant-property-registry/22826581/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Tax loss on good property

USA! USA! USA! You now know why the world hates you.

That's just people living their lives. Mind your own business.
Nobody put a gun to your head and made you maintain the property. Also, you might have technically been trespassing, depending on what you did exactly. Do you like dealing with courts?
Just stay out of the damn property. If you don't like rodents, get a cat or two, or lay poison and traps on your property.

where's this house, I need a place to squat by next month

squat it, fix it up, make it decent, faggots that have property never use it and let it go to shit don't deserve it. This isn't a piece of land, it's a house that will become a hazard over time, vagrants and teenagers will use it, and if the utilities are still on it will likely catch fire eventually.

Very sketchy, could even say that the property is such an eye sore that it's devaluing the entire street.

>vagrants and teenagers will use it, and if the utilities are still on it will likely catch fire eventually.
Yeah, imagine that, wouldn't it be a shame if this 100% unmonitored property caught flame and had to be bulldozed?

why waste perfectly good property when you can just adverse possess the shit out of it, then you get it for free

My grandmother did this with two of her perfectly good houses. Never rented it, never renovated it, never developed it. Loadsamoney and no fucks to give, even though my father and uncle were always encouraging her to use the property for something other than collectomaniacal storage. She eventually gifted every son a house so we bulldozered and built a new one. She had collectomania and boy was it a terrible experience cleaning it out with her present (think off the show "Hoarders").

The family swore never to let perfectly good property go to waste.

Fuck talking Veeky Forums should bring back those memories and feels

no, seriously, where is this house, OP, come back to your thread

>no, seriously, where is this house, OP, come back to your thread

you could just google it

delawareonline.com/story/news/local/2015/02/03/new-castle-county-creates-vacant-property-registry/22826581/

Why wait ~20 years?

Put a lien on it for the lawn care. Buy the tax lien, if they do that in your state.

>typed all this bullshit out on mobile

let the lawn go to shit, keep complaining to the city and eventually someone will start issuing citations to whoever the owner is, for many offenses you get a new citation every day that you dont fix the problem so that house is either going to get fixed up fast or will get bulldozed by the city

>being this much of a normalfag

take this fag shit to r9k, thanks

Utilities are still hooked up you say? Turn it into a grow house.

>Not using the house and setting a business there

mind ya own damn biz