/aog/ - Attorney Online General

XXX Edition

>What is this?
Ace Attorney Online! Allowing anons to unite to talk, shitpost, perform AA-like trials and have fun overall.
Our server is Attorney Online Vidya, come join us!

>How to download this?
The following document has all download links and information:
docs.google.com/document/d/1ihsVxLVarPMPgGcU4W81CQyv3gPkLvS63GK7k0N78Qw/edit

>FAQ & Tricks
docs.google.com/document/d/18cYwIzZDNQafru7k4Kif5uUTc2f0_j7lWpxFDMfVuAY/edit

>Gameplay footage WHERE?
Streams are almost always running. Ask in the thread!

>My client keeps crashing, what do I do?
Check the FAQ & Tricks document for help.

>[music/character] when?
docs.google.com/document/d/1mOUWhMcUVk8l0kJj1fEbmzsDa6-wQ6NdHV8NsQoJD1c/edit

>Strawpoll document
docs.google.com/document/d/1YDlzipx6h8Dkuh8GtK2LqPfpSPA3QJqD8UAMFcjpcyU

>How do I play [x] role?
ace-attorney-vidya.wikia.com/wiki/Guides

>WIKI
ace-attorney-vidya.wikia.com/

>TEMPLATE LIBRARY
docs.google.com/document/d/14gc38VJu0igrVgVW92QWj3DJnrwZrntmpjLxah7Udck/edit?pref=2&pli=1

>HOW TO GET STARTED
docs.google.com/document/d/1gwg1AVZPlPAFy3aWAW28e9lH1vjIk4d8jOt3mChoy74/edit#

Prev case:

Other urls found in this thread:

dropbox.com/s/8i1wna1bbqz1t0r/Phoenix AAI.rar?dl=0
forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=30620&p=1285514
docs.google.com/document/d/1W84HBXgztA53Mq2XCp74r0DFQJT6-VdDcJ_qorw6Pok/edit?usp=sharing
dropbox.com/s/354ya1fml42y21i/Phoenix AAI Def.rar?dl=0
spriters-resource.com/ds/phoenixwright1/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Way to begin a new thread but the kyle hyde poll is out of time. I dont know what to do next, does someone come and archive it ? Here's my screencap

nth for guy here who was complaining about no one helping me with Robin Newman.

I fucking took matters into my own hands.

I did it. I edited out the background on every frame for this emote. Now how do I make sure it saves as a gif and works with no issues?

STENO NEEDED IN 2

>"what are you talking about?"

judges seem to immediately cull attempts of people trying to roleplay or do fluff things a lot

why is she so perfect?

Steno needed in Area 2.

if it was GIMP I could maybe help you, but for some reason gimp's been acting shit to me lately and when I want to save a gif with an epilepsy inducing framerate it makes it slow as fuck

She looks like she has a lazy eye.

Oh fuck didn't see that post

im fast babe

In PS, choose to Save for Web and Devices, then .gif

I know this is just my autism, but is anybody else as bothered as I am by conflicting artstyles for characters?

AA conflicts even itself, there is no escape from autism.

Steno needed for case 2, we're doing it live.

Well here's how it turned out.

Sorry if it's shit. It's my first rip.

First for Kyle hyde in my AO

Yeah, but I mean spriteart to non-sprites type conflicting. As long as it's vaguely similar, it doesn't bother me too much. But seeing 3d and sprite back to back or something similar just throws me off every time.

seriosly tho who archives my poll??

she looks braindead in this picture
but yes she is perfect and pure

You know what, fuck it whatever
Slapped together defense sprites for the AAI Phoenix because for some reason that wasnt a thing
Just merge the folders together and it should be good

dropbox.com/s/8i1wna1bbqz1t0r/Phoenix AAI.rar?dl=0

So you know how we got those AAI Phoenix and Kid Miles sprites?
There is a set of Maya and young Trucy sprites with the same level of quality and style.
I can't find them all but some of their sprites are here forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=30620&p=1285514
I know for a fact they were posted in the thread before so maybe someone has them?

Kyle Hyde is approved. (I suppose)

Sprites coming soon in a month or so depending on how busy I am.

[Presents Paperclip]

Anyone know how to prevent these fucking white dots from showing up after I save the thing as a gif?

>merge the folders together
FOR WHAT PURPOSE

That happens because you have pixels in the image that are semi-transparent. Either change the threshold for alpha when you're exporting your GIF, or just do a better job of cleaning the thing.

THAT'S NOT HOW MERGING WORKS

Please read this
docs.google.com/document/d/1W84HBXgztA53Mq2XCp74r0DFQJT6-VdDcJ_qorw6Pok/edit?usp=sharing

After you've read it, make a "Phoenix AAI Def" folder or such and put the files THERE instead.

Regards, everyone in the community.

REEE IM RETARDED

How would it have gone down in AO?

Good case in Area 3. Hang in there.

is this the chocolate milk trial?

detective would asspull something to explain the glove not fitting and the rest of the trial would continue as normal

Lawyer would've gotten btfo because hurr everything points to him but the glove don't fit so everything else is rendered null

Like, you know, the glove possibly shrinking from the blood and OJ not taking his arthritis medicine?

Someone would shoot the jukebox while making ridiculous indictments.

the exact same way it ended up + gumshoe

Eh, Apollo is is making some huge leaps with nothing to back himself up. The witness being incorrect doesn't prove his leaps to be true.

I THINK I FIXED IT

IF I STILL FUCKED SOMETHING UP TELL ME SO I CAN GO KILL MYSELF

dropbox.com/s/354ya1fml42y21i/Phoenix AAI Def.rar?dl=0

>indicting someone who was not mentioned and did not even testify yet
This wouldn't be going nearly as smoothly if Nagito weren't a super truthfag.

I missed the start of the case but it seemed like the drug usage was a huge asspull.

Making gigantic leaps and then forcing the detective to confirm them is pretty poor.

Testing 1

>Defense was going in a terrific direction with the witness, caught her in some big contradictions
>drops all of that completely
>slowly twists questioning into vague accusations of drug usage and sabotage by an unknown witness without a motive, forgets witness completely

Eh.

AAAAAND This is what we got.

If you make more of these rips, I'd love to try cell-shading them and giving them the full sprite treatment to reduce some of the fuzziness and pixelation.

The prosecution should've shut them down instantly by asking for evidence of any drug usage.

Wouldn't matter, they can just ask the detective, which is guaranteed at that point.

Those need resized though. Not sure how to do that reliably...

This is what I get when I do my resize. Now she feels TOO small.

You create a new canvas of the proper size and move this sprite into it

Tell ya what user. If I get Robin done....

Maybe this will come afterward. Maybe.

This is because the ratios aren't the same after resizing. What you need to do is resize while retaining the proper aspect ratio, then crop.

>Playing AJ on my 3DS like a manchild
>Have to check for fingerprints
>Blow in to the 3DS's microphone for 10 minutes
>mfw I realize my earbuds have a microphone in them

Care to maybe share how to do that?

I don't mean to be stupid. I'm really trying for you guys here.

You're using photoshop. Resize the whole gif to be 192px tall, then crop it so that it's 256px wide.

Go to Image>Canvas Size, and set the dimensions to . If you want to keep it in place without having to move it, I'd suggest clicking on the bottom middle square out of that 3x3 grid before applying.

And once you figure out the scaling, if you're still willing to rip more, I'd be more than glad to clean them up.

Oh, and you'll have to rescale the sprite itself to fit into that canvas as well, to whatever size seems correct for placement in the courtroom. But that should be a lot more reliable than just resizing the image all at once, otherwise it'll end up changing the ratio like it did in your screenshot.

Oh well ok. Know any size that sounds about right?

Check out some of these spriters-resource.com/ds/phoenixwright1/ for comparison, as long as it fits into the courtroom right you should be fine.

Also, I'm not sure what you did to end up with that border and image resolution, using Canvas Size should have cut it down to those exact dimensions.

Resize to a height of 192px, and then crop to a width of 256px. If it doesn't look something like this, you messed up.

I must be messing up somewhere.

It looks weird when I resize image to 192 height

>Gordon Ramsey's restaurant was a drug front all along.

Only reason I suggested changing the canvas size and rescaling from there is (a) I have no idea if the height is still right for the courtroom, and (b) it seems like he doesn't have too much experience with PS so I'm trying to make sure he doesn't accidentally mess up the ratio

Welp, good guess.

Also god bless fucking white dots again? Why the fuck can't I escape these things?

>it seems like he doesn't have too much experience with PS

Literally just jumped in using it to rip these today. Have never used PS before this.

You need to have the chain on the right connected: it'll automatically change the width to match the height when you're resizing.

Try re-sizing the character only, instead of the box and see what happens.

So, what happened and what I was afraid you'd run into is that you set the dimensions when rescaling to 256x192, without keeping the aspect ratio of the original image. It's like you took a widescreen image and just squished it onto a 4:3 TV, if that analogy makes sense.

By doing , you resize it to keep the same aspect ratio. The problem there is, now you have an image wider than 256 px. To fix that, you have to crop the image horizontally, to remove that extra space on each side and end up with an image that's the right size.

Both ways work, his is easier and faster if you know Photoshop but obviously you're still picking this up.

There we go, that one's correct. As for the white bits, that's just because after rescaling it won't have the same perfect edges that you had the first time.

If you do more of these, just save that last trimming for after you rescaled, instead of removing the white on the fullsize AND the scaled-down version. Saves you that extra work.

Looks somewhat better, but jesus christ how the fuck do I avoid those white dots

So there's no way to avoid them? God dammit.

OK /aog/ what's your favorite screenshot of Attorney Online?

So fill me in on why the guy who has no clue how to use photoshop is the one trying to rip our sprites?

I'm glad someone screenshotted that

Because I've been asking in the threads for someone to help me for atleast a few weeks now.

The people who have said they're gonna rip stuff to help me out have fucking vanished on me.

Yesterday I oddly found PS on my desktop somehow, don't ask me how the fuck it got there. So now I'm just doing it myself. There's tons of characters we can get rips of, so learning how to do this might be really good.

Also tons of people want Robin. So this is a gift.

There is, you just have to do that step to remove them like you did earlier again. But next time, you only have to do it this last time at the end instead of twice like you're having to do now.

And if you decide to rip more and I'm just going to clean them anyways, you don't have to worry about the white edges

this should fix it

in the Export for Web settings

Why Edgeworths are just the best for screenshots?

Give me ALL THE RIPS user, I'll do them

I swear to god I mean it

I did Barnham for the server, I'm legit

Which case is this from?

Eh she is okay.

D O I N G

G O D S

W O R K

Alright let's see what this does.

Looks better. A lot better.

Also tried this. So let's see.

Oh and PS.

This one was with "No transparancy Dither"

This one was with diffusion dither.

Let's just keep looking at stuff. This is with noise.

Seems like diffusion and noise are the best fits right now.

So unless this is great, I'm gonna go with doing them.

NEW CASE IN AREA 4
ALMOST EVERY SPOT OPEN.

Alright. I'll post some albums tomorrow. Hopefully you can see em there.

I'm just gonna go ahead and finish Robin though.

New but it made me giggle

>tfw Sahwit in that case

I just want to know what the fuck happened at the end since I had to leave.

Adachi indicted your son as an acomplice, Defense got the not guilty and your son got taken away. He was caught trying to flush the cash down the toilet of your apartment or something. Badd's spaghetti dinner got moldy from being left overnight and he sued the county for $2.50 to replace his tupperware that had been ruined.

please do not bully me

We indicted your son and managed a not guilty
Simon got salty as fuck

Never talk to me or my son again.

>Sawhit's 8 year old son gets the death penalty
>He's drawn and quartered in the good ol' traditional Japanifornian way
>Everyone cheers