/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

At long last edition

Previous thread /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (10.7 downgrade • Entrypoints: Browser/Menuhax up to 10.5, otherwise OoT/Ninjhax)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.51 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Webkit)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9 (embed)
Downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Other Consoles: pastebin.com/pHS5LaR5 (embed)

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-AuReiNand renamed to Luma3DS, split into Dev and non-Dev releases.
-Preview2 of NTR 3.4 allows video streaming from New 3DS to PC github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases/tag/3.4preview2
-FBI rewritten from scratch, with new features like decoding title names and installing tickets from QR codes github.com/Steveice10/FBI/releases

>Wii U
-Kernel Exploit for 5.5.1 leaked!

>PS4
-First game ISO dump. ps4news.com/ps4-hacks-jailbreak/driveclub-alpha-read-nfo-ps4-abstrakt-with-decrypted-rifkey-released/

>PS Vita
-3.60 released. It only patches the Metal Gear Solid VHBL exploit. wololo.net/2016/04/06/playstation-vita-system-software-3-60-is-now-available/

FunKeyCIA: gbatemp.net/threads/423025/
Borrow games directly from Nintendo's library, as long as you promise to return them. More on this and similar tools in the pastebin.

3ds.nfshost.com/
Lookup title keys or submit new findings from your own eShop collection. Use QR codes to install tickets via FBI.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases/tag/3.4preview2
github.com/Steveice10/FBI/releases
ps4news.com/ps4-hacks-jailbreak/driveclub-alpha-read-nfo-ps4-abstrakt-with-decrypted-rifkey-released/
wololo.net/2016/04/06/playstation-vita-system-software-3-60-is-now-available/
github.com/smealum/iosuhax
gbatemp.net/threads/423025/
3ds.nfshost.com/
pastebin.com/DpW6HmbZ
discord.gg/0ypvBFONRRBuHD2d
wiiuiso.com/nintendo-wii-u-games-and-homebrew/388536-mega-star-fox-zero-usa-gx2-100-read-instructions.html?s=d6a9134d9f08c8923e4d20e75249b875
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

first for /v/
second thread edition

This one was first, but next thread should have better news section:

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-AuReiNand renamed to Luma3DS, split into Dev and non-Dev releases.
-Preview2 of NTR 3.4 allows video streaming from New 3DS to PC github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases/tag/3.4preview2
-FBI rewritten from scratch, with new features like decoding title names and installing tickets from QR codes github.com/Steveice10/FBI/releases

>PS4
-First game ISO dump. ps4news.com/ps4-hacks-jailbreak/driveclub-alpha-read-nfo-ps4-abstrakt-with-decrypted-rifkey-released/

>PS Vita
-3.60 released. It only patches the Metal Gear Solid VHBL exploit. wololo.net/2016/04/06/playstation-vita-system-software-3-60-is-now-available/

>Wii U
-smealum releases iosuhax, a set of tools for when IOSU 5.5.1 exploits are released. github.com/smealum/iosuhax
-Kernel exploit is leaked for 5.5.1, allowing Loadiine etc. Refer to (Cross-thread)

FunKeyCIA: gbatemp.net/threads/423025/
Borrow games directly from Nintendo's library, as long as you promise to return them. More on this and similar tools in the pastebin.

3ds.nfshost.com/
Lookup title keys or submit new findings from your own eShop collection. Use QR codes to install tickets via FBI.

>Powersaves due to arrive at earliest today or tomorrow.
>Going on a trip home tomorrow until friday.
>Have to wait until friday if it doesn't arrive before tomorrow.

TO WAIT IS TO SUFFER..

ATTENTION
WiiU 5.5 hax tutorial :pastebin.com/DpW6HmbZ

Also, I like this thread more.
It was posted earlier and has a better pic.

So with the Kernel exploit being released what does this give me for options on the Wii U?
Homebrew?
Run pirated games?

Also Nintendo shouldn't update before I get home from work right?

Reminder to play games instead of shitposting here like you usually do.

I recommend 999 and VLR so you'll be ready for ZTD next month.

I keep getting Race Attack failed error when I try to launch Launcher.

I replaced the launcher.bin with the newest one

I recommend the Vita version of VLR.

>Homebrew
yes
>Pirated games
yes, no online with pirated games and it takes a long time to boot them but they work fine
>Nintendo shouldn't update soon
Good luck, but it IS golden week in japan so you probably have a day

It's golden week in japan, so there's probably noone there to patch it right now.

Thanks

see You can also run homebrew, but there's not much worth running.

Why haven't you played my game yet /hbg/? I'm only one dollar at the humble bundle.

If it's you and your big delicious homebrew I might even let you play me for free.

Is CFW a thing that'll likely come in the future?
If not I probably wont even bother with this

It's free otherwise.

even tits can't make that Mediocre Indie Platformer™ worth playing

or free with CFW

But it's already free on your torrent tracker of choice.

There's a PC port.

Probably, but it might be the pretty distant future with all the stupid moralfagging that's always in the Nintendo hacking scene.

CFW is almost certainly coming. Smealum released a tool for creating EmuNAND on Wii U that just needs an iosu exploit to be released (and apparently there are some currently kept private)

Have some abs.

The moralfagging is weird.

They're trying to protect themselves in a way (albeit fruitless, Nintendo will throw the hammer at who they want) by not associating with it.

Smea released homebrew and tried to lock it down as much as possible but in the end it was used in conjuction with other things to achieve piracy. "Smea" isn't directly responsible, and probably doesn't care, but effectively enabled it.

Then you look at Steveice's FBI which has QR scanning to download effortlessly from the CDN so what exactly would that be considered? Not giving a fuck?

Come play me anons.

CFW is almost certainly coming. Smealum released a tool for creating EmuNAND on Wii U that just needs an iosu exploit to be released (and apparently there are some currently kept private)
Those ROMhacks were the main thing that convinced me to install homebrew on my 3DS.

I bought a n3DS with 10.3 out the box. Is it safe to downgrade without bricking at this point in time? And what CFW do i go for if I want to use CIDs to play. And those are safe for playing pokemans online?

So how does modding/hacking Wii U games work? Does loadline read some file with codes in it like Wii usbloaders did? Or do we modify isos, or what?

I just want uncensored fatal frame and xcx

Please help

wiki guide in op

>xcx
I always get really confused when people use this acronym because I always just call it Xenoblade X.

Not even a weeb, I just remember the original Xenoblade from back when it wasn't going to get a port and always thought adding Chronicles to it was pants on head retarded.

>tfw ZTD is actually a thing
never would've imagined

>Are CIAs safe for playing pokemans online
Yes they are.
Everything else in your post is answered in the wiki guide in the OP

Join me, gentlemen.
Together we can unironically answer every single question asked in this thread.

Better hit that shit as soon as you can before the next update!

Oh, also, am I able to play my purchased games with hacks/mods? Or just stuff on the SD card?

Anyone have swordfaire for nina, hinoka and setsuna

>trying to load star fox zero
>sd card is class 4

Have you considered buying something in the last decade? I got a 32GB class 10/UHS-1 for ten freedom bucks.

Well they can't force me to update right? SO it would be impossible for me to fail if I do not accept the update? R-right..?

I'm already playing it for free.
It's pretty fun.

>I can finally catch up with the three Wii U Taiko no Tatsujin

I already have my 3DS fully set up with a9lh, but I was wondering hypothetically: Is downgrading to 2.1 really more dangerous than going to 9.2? Why doesn't the a9lh guide skip setting up rednand and just go straight to getting the otp? If you got a partial downgrade, couldn't you just update to 10.7 the same as if you got a partial 9.2 downgrade?

there's still the chance you might soft brick, you can just update and retry but if its patched by then you're fucked

Why is there no Splatoon gear editor program yet? Would it be theoretically possible to make one with the new exploits being released?

They can't force you to update, but if the next update does patch some exploits and you soft brick, you'll be forced to update and be stuck.
I mean, there's a really high chance that you won't need more than one shot, I know I didn't, but it's better to do it when you have a chance to retry.

My only argument against that is that even if it didn't work, I've tried running it off the SD card instead of the HBL and it still didn't work. The kexploit works fine.

With that said, I might as well try and fix it. Pic related, does anyone know why I get this? I've tried running as Admin for CMD and it still gives me this error. Yes I have Java installed.

Well for one thing, if you downgrade to 9.2 first getting back is as simple as restoring the backup.

In regards to the N3DS anyway, you have a few additional steps (like unbricking) that you'd most likely always want to do beforehand.

Well never mind seems like it being class 4 did not matte much, star fox loaded up instantly

>5.5.1 NEVER EVER was a lie
So glad it was during my week off too

pygecko is used for peek poke access to read the ram, codes are sent over i think it's telnet protocol from another more accessible machine like a pc.
Pretty much the same as xbox360 xbdm or ps3s mapi/ccapi stuff except those also have trainer engines.

That's called caffiine or something like that loads certain files from sd. Mostly pointless.

Nvm, I literally just remembered how to open a cmd window from the folder and it worked. Guess I'll find out tomorrow if it's fixed.

PANIC

I'll prob be fine though, can't wait to ahve fun with you anons and understand all this fucking gibberish homebrew/cfw language, holy shit someone should really make a dictionary with all the terms for newcomers, it has taken me some day to understand everything.

gear editor? that shit is all stored on the server.
You can't even have fun on the offline mode.
You might be able to do some niggery with pygecko if it can run at all on 5.5.1 and you play from disc but even then you'd need to get the server to accept your carefully crafted bullshit.

discord.gg/0ypvBFONRRBuHD2d

So pygecko's just for games played off the SD?
Can you set breakpoints?

Caffeine will be good if it lets me decensor xenoblade or use eventual smash bros mods. Really mostly interested in decensorship for now.

fuck off retard

>smash bros mods
already a thing with cafiine.

Is what you have on your gear slots wise really stored on the server?
I thought it was stored in your save file, hence why you're able to use a flash drive to do the save scumming thing.

FBI has been frozen for six minutes trying to install a CIA.

I'm scared. Can I restart my 3DS?

ye

>using fbi to install games

I honestly don't know about that first question but I'm gonna say it's not just for sd games and seriously doubt you can set breakpoints.
I must plead ignorance about pygeckos inner workings.
caffeiine will do what you want but getting JP shit to run o nthe us version is a nightmare, I'm just glad xcxgecko has titty offsets, I'm good.

>i-i can't let anyone else have any fun!!1!
Fuck off faggot

DO NOT RESTART YOUR 3DS, YOU COULD CORRUPT YOUR NAND. let it sit for at least an hour, if it's still frozen cross your fingers and restart. Good luck user.

Ah, the sit and wait meme.

>GUYS MY 3DS DIDN'T RESTART AFTER DOWNGRADING DESPITE SAYING RESTART?
>Just wait 5 years

And you're wrong, that won't do shit to his NAND.

All i know is playing splatoon offline besides the squid stuff is extremely pointless since you can't change equipment at all, thats all serverside.
If it's in your save file thats another matter entirely. I hope that shits not encrypted because then the game would need to be dissassembled to find the algorithm, I hate doing that.

>error 009-7004

what is that shit? Google says nothing.

That's the error code for Google it.

So possibility of being banned with 5.5.1 loadline?

can't load kexploit (system cannot find file specified). checked its the right word. also got error 112 2903 in the wii u. any idea?

kexploit10 or kexploit31, not just kexploit

Yeah I'm almost positive that the gear you own and what slots and abilities you have unlocked for them isn't stored on the server, else the flash drive method for save scumming wouldn't work.
I know that NWPlayer123 changed a lot of their gear up, so they have to know something or other about this.

Nobody?

>Spend a couple of hours waiting for star fox zero to download and setup loadiine
>expecting long load times but loads up instantly
>It's now almost 5 am
I'm just glad loadiine is now working for 5.5.1

Stop attacking the race, you racist

Might format my 32GB SD now lads.

Probably low now Nintendo doesn't give two shits about Wii U. Use the Tubehax DNS to stop any Nintendo Network communication if you want a kind-of sheild.

Where can I download SFZ?

Oh fuck, thanks. I thought the first pastebin was the actual guide. Still got a couple of questions though.

My n3DS is the Pearl White southeast asia version, which 9.2.0 firmware patch do I download?

And the author says the guide is split into 2 parts; one for the o3DS and one for the n3DS but it's safe to just follow the instructions from part 1 to 5 right? There's no inconspicuous section I'm missing?

I've got a n3ds with a9lh. I want to format to a clean sysnand while keeping a9lh. Whats the best way to do this.

gamestop

>The current HaxServer doesn't support EU browsers properly
Does this mean I'm still NEVER EVER?

Thanks for the shitpost.
I'm getting the error even connected to the interent, with a good connection.

Or alternatively while not being a dick...?

walmart

local game stores, much less of a dick to small businesses that way

Just go to System Settings, Other Settings and then format the system on the last page.
I'm assuming that's what you mean anyways. It will wipe all your data like normal but A9LH will stay intact.

yes

now that it was leaked, they're going to be even more paranoid about sharing their exploits in their inner circles

No SFZ for me then. I'm not buying it.

wiiuiso.com/nintendo-wii-u-games-and-homebrew/388536-mega-star-fox-zero-usa-gx2-100-read-instructions.html?s=d6a9134d9f08c8923e4d20e75249b875
Make sure to download and apply the fast fix and Remove ALL language folders from content\sound\stream

IT WORKS I'VE JUST RUN SOME DS VC ON IT

WE DID IT BOIS

aye. is it the way i run the haxserver.jar because java -jar HaXServer.jar didn't work for me and the thing do respond to my attempt so i think it's working

stupid question, but does this work on 5.5.0 too?

Dig through the "Hey! Listen" post on gbatemp. I saw someone post there that you just need a quick hex edit to make the current file work on EU, but i can't be arsed to go digging for it. Good luck.
Target
That's fucking bizarre

Keksploit works on 5.5.kek

When the github guide says to extract the Universal Inject Generator, does it mean to put the zip in the root of my sd and hit extract all?

Be careful, mic doesn't seem to work properly at least with injects.

Can't you read? The system cannot find the file specified

what? explain it please? what the hell is wrong with my setup?

no