/bdog/ - Black Desert Online General

Angry teeth Edition

>What is BDO?
Black Desert Online is an MMORPG by Pearl Abyss that was recently released for western audiences, with additional changes. It's a sandbox MMORPG that features action-oriented combat, open world PVP territory control, trading, player housing, and more.
Info from the site: i.imgur.com/r7VvB6h.png

>Discord
discord.gg/0vYcIJNhxt5cd4pK (join at your own risk)

>/bdog/ guilds
pastebin.com/gXs1p6YX

>Guides
pastebin.com/VH3XrCYb

>Maps and nodes
blackdesertfoundry.com/map/#4/-8.89/-25.22
blackdeserttome.com/map/
bdomap.mmoguild.org/

>Useful Links
Wiki: blackdeserttome.com/wiki/BDO_Tome
Database: bddatabase.net/us/
Skill Calculator: blackdeserttome.com/calculator
Class Armor Sets: wodox.imgur.com/
Else: Google it before posting

>BDO KR/JP info + differences between NA/EU
pastebin.com/P2YqnsCX

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Pb1JcO645BA
chroniclesofelyria.com
black-desert.com/articles/black-desert-how-we-were-expect-it-to-be-and-how-it-is-now/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

For the people that were disappointed by how BDO was hyped up as being Ultima Online 2 but changed their entire design in alpha because the Korean plebs didn't like EVE Online on the ground, Chronicles of Elyria is Kickstarting today and it's exactly what you want.

Figured a lot of you would be interested.

youtube.com/watch?v=Pb1JcO645BA

chroniclesofelyria.com

Is this game on its deathbed?

Stop advertising your shitty game already

no?
why?

If you're on a dead server, yes

If you do not support promising games, you have no right to complain about getting nothing but shit for the next 12 years just like we got for the last 12 since World of Warcraft became a thing.

Enjoy your "collect 10 boar assholes to get a +1 necklace of piercing damage" game, I'm sure one of them will be good :^)

>pre-alpha
maybe shill for it when they have actual content.

when they release awakenings the grind froom 50 to 56 will get shorter right?

to be fair senpai, BDO has no actual content either.

>shilling a kickstarter on an unrelated general
Fuck off

nioce RnGesus with me today duo with 20 failstacks.

That shit not promising, your opinion is invalidated, please get the fuck

>muh content
You do realize the reason your shitty themeparks die is because content can be run through far faster than it can be generated, why not have a game that focuses on player interaction and have the "content" be a side attraction?

>unrelated
black-desert.com/articles/black-desert-how-we-were-expect-it-to-be-and-how-it-is-now/
Do you realize what BDO was supposed to be and why people hyped it up in the first place?

The levels will become actually _intended_, with content there meant to get you to them, rather than people grinding out the hardcap with what's available right now.

>retard tries for duo at 20 failstacks
>succeeds
I love when this game rewards idiocy.

>reads a shitty biased web article about a game
>g-guys trust me I know everything about it!!1

Good job, user!

>biased article?
What is biased? BDO was a proper sandbox until the chinks whined about it being "too open" and "too centered on player interaction and PVP" so they pulled an ArcheAge and dumbed it down

These features were literally in the game and they took them. You want to know how I know this? Because I was in the ArcheAge/Black Desert CBT phases before it was localized outside of Korea.

>You do realize the reason your shitty themeparks die is because content can be run through far faster than it can be generated, why not have a game that focuses on player interaction and have the "content" be a side attraction?
Yes but that game currently has neither kind of contenr, it's in pre-alpha so start shilling it when it has content, looking at it's current state makes me not want to play it currently the whole game is just promises and nothing to show that it'll be anything like their promises.

Guy in the guild got Duo with even less than 20. Failstacks are overrated. Now I wouldn't say go for 10 failstacks to duo. But ~16+ should be enough.

You can reblath failstack all you want and have it go +15 2 times when you have +16 failstacks. But in turn you will have to spend all those armor stones again.

Another guy in the guild got a TRI bares necklace (+10 AP) with 0 failstacks.

RnG in this game is fucked to start with.

xth for filthy Plums.

>biased
>accurately explains how the game went from being a sandbox game to a rng f2p mobile game with an MMO skin
>biased

The content is the political/trade/world building sandbox systems in place. I understand that WoWbabbies won't understand this but it's much more alike Ultima Online or EVE Online than anything else out there.

This. It's literally a fan site that has been following this game since 2011 before it was even officially announced.

>Veeky Forums guilds finally united against Baka
>It's already too late

>Veeky Forums guilds finally united against Baka
when did this happen?

When YC, IC, and aesthetic warred them? I don't know about who but it's ex-yc so they probably feel negatively towards baka.

>IC wars Baka because memes
>IC would probably war YC if they weren't dead

>he doesnt mix between stacking on reblath, green, blue and gold armor
What a cuck.

>X guild warred them
yes, many guilds have warred Baka for being turbofaggots. Doesn't mean they're "allied against Baka".
Though, YC, IC, and Aesthetic are friendly/allied, they're not joined together to defeat Baka, they just kill some members every now and then because you can't force feed retards cyanide over the internet.

>The content is the political/trade/world building sandbox systems in place
Do they have any proof that they have this stuff in the pre-alpha game without any players, i doubt that.

Who cares, stunt will get banned soon enough.

>YC
I thought they were dead?
>IC
I thought they were butt buddies with Baka?
>aesthetic
I thought they were just a comfy guild not a pvp one.

This alliance sounds like it'll fall apart in two days.

Whenever I go into screenshot mode my character randomly stands up from the sitting pose to wave or smile at the camera. Is there a way to make her not do this shit?

I see like 1 YC per week and only in town.
They are never at the grind spots, never doing guild boss, never doing world bosses, and I've never seen them at kzarka.

The fishing guild thing is not a meme at this point.

Literally the technology they've shown at PAX and are releasing today in an offline demo

If you're remotely interested, check out their Kickstarter today.

>YC is the only guild that would leave themselves in and not include baka
>Baka would only have baka on the pastebin
>IC would only have IC

Meanwhile every Veeky Forums guild is on the pastebin and not just x guild. What the fuck is your point?

I don't think baka and IC are pals

I don't even know if we're in an alliance at aesthetic or if we just got bored.

Caught red handed, nobody cares about you guys.
Stop trying

>anyone friends with Baka/Stunt
AHAHHAHAHAHHA *breath*
AAAAAAAAAAAAHAHHAHAHA

>aesthetic is too comfy for pvp
>implying life skills don't fund gear
>implying everyone in one guild is the exact same

>uses the nigger hand gestures
I like him

whats the point in hiding your name especially after its too late?

> having everything +15

Is there am objective best way to get failstacks or is it literally just "take x cheap item, enchant until you get a big stack, extract if it hits +15"

Are certain rarity items better to use?

RNG isnt fucked
someone is going to roll his yuria from +15 to +20 without failstacks just because he can

>two-part names
>underscores in names
How does it feel to be 10 years old and think you're playing Runescape? Get some originality.

the blues are harder to enchant than greens and yellows even harder

Have fun paying 100k per repair on gold armor

>YC dead XD
We still have the most actives though. Maybe I'm talking out of my ass.
Hows 20 regular members sound?

>never at grind spots
>never at zarka
meanwhile every other day:
Biggs has slaughtered [faggot] from guild
Biggs: "Baka showed up while we were doing kzarka"
Roderick: "Atta boy biggs, I'm on my way"

Leyri has been slaughtered by [shitter] from guild
Leyri: "Baka at Helms"
Roderick: "Ping"
Roderick has slaughtered [shitter] from guild

If it makes it possible to get to 30+ stacks then I'll gladly pay that for the last couple stones.

From this moment on, I refuse to play a game that has this retarded 'chance to fail and break upon upgrade' mechanic which is solely designed to waste your time and jew more hours and money out of you. Fuck you Korea.

20 regular is less than IC has every day

That picture alone is enough to make me not want to play it. Attaching a pointless minigame to crafting monotony doesn't make it more fun.

If there was a sandbox MMO where blacksmithing actually was interactive in the sense that you controlled your movements and could heat and hit manually and how well you did + a little RNG would determine the quality of the product, then I'd buy it.

Why is it only rangers who always try to "defend" their solo farming spots?
90% of them have too shit gear to even do that so it ends up being total waste of time too

You only need a +10 in this game. There's no reason to go higher since content is piss easy.

This honestly. I don't want to play a cutout minigame, let me bang on the anvil manually.

Better yet, take that little cut out, transpose it onto the actual axe head, and have the character bang along the correct lines using the in-game physical model. Then I can get behind it.

>IC has 20 regulars logging in every day
I find that hard to believe, but if true then okay. Still doesn't mean YC is dead though.

A 5 ap/dp difference in PvP will typically make you lose.

I lose anyway regardless of my gear because I play musa and pearl abyss hates melee and hates male classes.

You got the wrong name

Yeah so what's holding you from trying duo with 20.

that cream looks tasty

>playing for anything but PvP

Just stick to arpgs you shitstain

Because ghillie rangers are the elite players that can kill people in ~2sec holding spacebar

>Playing for unbalanced and broken PvP in an MMO game infamous for desync and lag

?!?!?

>tfw Musa/Mewhea
>can't push any class out of our grind areas
truly suffering. We're the biggest class to bully right now.

Both of the names are two-parters bro, one just doesn't have an underscore. You fucked up.

atleast you're one of the most mobile
For valks there is no flight, only fight or die.

The fuck you on about? Just get better internet

>nobody cares about you guys
>stop trying
wat
are you trying to be edgy on purpose my duder?

Apparently even the Awakening update doesn't really balance them against OP shits like Rangers and Sorcs.

Anyone who isnt a shitter in a shit guild will defend their grind rotations, gotta let the channel know you can't be pushed around so slowly less retards fuck with your mobs

Im ranger but I have actual gear and flag pvp whenever people touch my mobs. The class does attract a lot of shitcans who rerolled thinking they would get a free ride on the """"OP noob class"""" but are horrible with bad gear. It's not as easy to play as people think, bad rangers are worthless

>resorting to ad hominids
this just proves me more right

But if youre a valk/warrior/giant
how do you die in 1v1 if your gear isnt total shit?

>ad hominems
this isn't a hugbox faggot
go back to >>>reddit

Press V

:^))

thank god for megaman awakening
>worst 1v1 class
>becomes best
merfs soon?

>only rebuttal you can think of is the reddit boogyman
Jesus man

>playing BDO for anything but PVP / GvG

There's honestly way better options out there if you just want to PVE

>ad hominem
no, it's just a shitty buzzword that sometimes describes something accurately.
kill yourself newfag

>playing BDO for PVP / GvG
There's honestly way better options out there if you just want PVP

>YC this mad

Spare me man.

Just get gear and get good you faggot

Maewha has a really high skill ceiling and you can absolutely shit on people if you know how to play

>There's honestly way better options out there if you just want to PVE
Like?

Only Vindictus comes to mind, but Vindictus is garbage in literally everything else.

I only said there wasn't an easy way to escape from fights. It doesn't mean I won't fight. Shield and grapple are godsends.

t. ranger

>wanting people to steal your mobs and your drops and xp and allowing them to do so

How much of a beta shitter are you?

Why even bother going for rare drops or high levels if you are going to cut your efficiency in half by sharing with retards who don't deserve the grind spot

Survival of the fittest

>resorting to
holy shit my sides
just stop posting my newfriend, you're in the wrong place.

The only thing I really miss from the alpha is when killing other people all of their inventory drops.

That would've been awesome and give incentive to actually fuck over people at grind spots.

Too bad I can't FUCKING OPT OUT OF IT LIKE I SHOULD BE ABLE TO.

Only betas need to push people around for e-cred lmfoa it's just a game

then you spend 15 minutes fighting the kungenusmaximus and hes still at 100% hp

Ranger also has a really high skill ceiling, what's your point weeb

Any class can shit on anyone else if you out gear them and have half a braincell anyways, just get the gear idiot

>only rebuttal you can STILL think of is the YC boogyman
Jesus man

>Ranger also has a really high skill ceiling,
Stop this meme.

Don't care about the cred, I care about the marks of shadow