/msg/ - Maplestory General

Chow with bright eyes edition

>VOTE FOR WHAT WORLD WE TRANSFER TO NEXT TRANSFER EVENTAries
8x/4x/6x v171+ (Updates alongside GMS). Shit.
aries.elluel.net/

>Ellinia
5x/1x/2x v162.4 GMS-like. Dreamâ„¢ server. Shit.
maple.ellinia.net/

>Dawnveil
4x/1x/2x v169.1 GMS-like. Coming never.
dawnveil.net/

>GMS/EMS/JMS/KMS
EVERYONE WHO PLAYS THE OFFICIALâ„¢ SERVERS IS SPREAD OUT. POST YOUR IGN AND MAYBE YOU'LL FIND SOMEONE TO PLAY WITH.
Apply to Waifus/Casuals if you're in Windia, Pay2Win, MotherBase or LOVE in Reboot.
maplestory.nexon.net

Other urls found in this thread:

mxd.sdo.com/web5/home/home.asp
reddit.com/r/Maplestory/comments/2k1or8/im_your_maplestory_community_manager_artasi_amaa/clj0of1)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Last thread because I'm dumb

Maplestory 2 when?

Probably never, it flopped hard in Korea and China

autism

I wonder if Adams would be willing to play kms. It has everything he wants, you can outright buy cubes and nx with mesos even on regular servers. Wonder what his excuse would be for not wanting to playing it.

I did it!
Even assuming that he would spend money on a KMS account (he won't), he can't read Korean so he'll probably get autobanned by the captchas after macro botting at Roids or something, then post a few stinkers here and disappear back to Hawt.

They have Captchas on kms?

that they do and they're fucking horseshit and pop up literally whenever the fuck you get a good combo going, or step into a polo portal after only entering prito portals for weeks on end, literally weeks without going in a polo portal and fucking like 10 seconds into the polo minigame I GET A FUCKING CAPTCHA

how do you get tinkerer's chest in ellinia? gacha?

It keeps you from botting though, so that helps.

Yeah but I just wish it was a bit more intelligently designed. It used to be that they only popped up in high exp areas, mini dungeons, netts pyramid when people grinded in there, azwan, etc.

Nowadays it shows up any map with mobs at any random time. It even shows up in bosses, which is basically a guaranteed death unless you want to get booted out because if you fail the captcha you get booted back to town.

Perhaps what we need is stricter stale moves negation

xth for legends best server

Wow you really can't keep a thread up. Is kms still popular? Why did nexon have to go to such jew tactics which may have weakened their playerbase? What are some big differences between our version and theirs not counting upcoming content but content that was just cut out

>v62
>low rate

What does dark sight defend against nowadays? As a blade master I never use it since everything seems to pierce it or is a magical attack.

Who's in a bossing guild on Aries? My buddies and I have a sniper, DK(soon) and Bishop we're mid 1xx's trying to level and gear up for instances.

>there are newbois who unironically want a Nexon general

KHROA

Everything important in Cvel. It blocks the rocks so literally all you have to do is dodge the tails and fireballs, and you don't have to be worried about getting stunned + tail popping up.

Is it absol>sweetwater>CRA? Did the damien boss drop a new set of gear?

captchas don't do shit against botters

you can solve them with a packet editor
just log the packet you recv when the captcha window appears, which literally contains the correct answer

then send a packet in response to the captcha that contains the correct answer logged earlier

Though doesn't the value-add of cra being tiny and having an extra gear slot of potentials make it better than everything anyway?

DELET THIS

SUX

>tfw having debating whether I stay on windia or go to reboot

who

who u

KMS is easily the most populated version excluding CMS which has somewhere in the range of like 5-6m players, and like 80 different worlds tied to 7-8 different central servers that house the worlds. It's actually really interesting to check out.
mxd.sdo.com/web5/home/home.asp is the link to CMS in case, you know, whatever.

Maple actually didn't get all that heavily grubby, it's just that nexon NA was headed by kim during it's golden years, who was a direct transplant from nexon KR. He was told to expand nexon NA based on maplestory and maplestory only, as they had no plans to seriously expand into the NA market, according to my understanding of things from using bits and pieces of things i've heard from old CMs who have since moved on from nexon NA.

Anyway, around 2008 or 2009 I think they added 2x tickets which weren't in any other version of the game, because the treadmill to 200 was a large reason lots of the high level people (above like 150) were still playing. The NA market was pretty lucrative because we didn't have permanent cash equips (which was a huge topic of debate back in the day, i'm sure people remember when SEA got the option to buy permanent clothes at a like 3-4x price hike) but we got 2x tickets, so people spent lots of money trying to hit 200. Nexon saw this and decided "why bother giving them what they ask for when they'll pay money regardless?" And moved to appeal to grinders moreso than the sociable f2p people. This happened on all versions of the game though, not just GMS.

The primary differences between GMS and KMS are in features that help make the game more merchant and f2p friendly, like the auction house and meso market which lets you spend 100m mesos for maple points, usually floating around 4.8k-6k.

They have ALL of the files for the auction house in the GMS data, the sprites are there, the NPCs are renamed, everything but the UI was re-done, but they decided against implementing it.
contd

Are there no Veeky Forums approved v0.83 private servers or anything? There used to be a few.

u no

They decided against it because it was "broken" and "non-functional" "really, even in KMS" (reddit.com/r/Maplestory/comments/2k1or8/im_your_maplestory_community_manager_artasi_amaa/clj0of1)
which is code for "if we put it in, the bots will have no reason to keep spending hundreds of dollars every day on NPC shops in the FM proper, so we'll just make owls of minerva free, that's just as good, right?"

It's to keep the game afloat because basically the entire economy of GMS is alive solely due to bots. Trillions of mesos sold every day, and not anywhere near enough sinks for mesos to combat the mesos being generated.

Otherwise, GMS actually has more features than KMS. Monster collection is new in KMS, and it's slightly different (for the better) than GMS. Instead of sets and set effects you have lines of mobs, that when collected give you a box of items (100% of the time you get a mileage/MRP chip, 99% of the time you get a premium trait item, 95% of the time you get scroll traces, and everything else is on exceptionally low chance, but you can get cubes, epic50s, and more.

then after you've collected the mobs, you can continually send them out to get more boxes for you, which is cool, cause it's a fairly steady source of scroll traces, premium trait items, and mileage.

I'm curious if GMS will adopt this new system and trash the old one with cards, or if they'll keep both systems, or just ignore the new KMS system altogether. It's basically a gamble whether GMS adopts features at this point.

no who u

its me idiot

hi me idiot nice to meet you

>Filled with a boiling hot anger towards a msg
>Just waiting for my passport to clear now so I can take it all off my mind

What a selfish manipulative bitch. This is gonna be my last post here. It's been real msgs take care of yourselves

rip

see you in a few days faggot

Who is it?
And why are you angry chow?

someone please come play aries with me

L O L

>bringing your personal drama to the thread
>being this deluded

How is the new system remotely beneficial? Remember in GMS that you can't use Mileage/MRP to buy most things in the CS minus the ones in the monthly updated shop. So you get a chip to buy stuff you can buy without the chip, you get a premium trait item that adds 30 to one trait (wow!) when it takes 98k to max one, and spell traces which are stupid easy to get because we haven't nerfed Crusader Coin exchanges yet (even after the nerf, they're still stupidly easy to get). Then according to RNG, you can roll a cube (untradable) and epic potential 50%'s. Yeah, I'd rather just keep the 30% IED that we have instead.

i am not seeing the issue here

Wha? I'm playing splatoon i don't post about my drama here

i'm just as confused as you are my man

Then you must be very high on the spectrum. I'm sorry to have bothered you.

feel free to explain why I should play big bang instead of pre-bb. I have played both and prefer pre-bb servers due to the community, leveling and endgame

RMT
Make bank off MS

you can do both of those in royals though

Post-bb isn't shit

You can't, though

what happened
and who lmao

>official servers wont die
>more players
>leveling is not a chore
>WAY more content
>endgame isn't just doing HT runs every few days and hanging around Henesys
>no HP washing required
>implying the nostalgia server community isn't toxic as fuck
>being this autistic

No, you can't. It's against the rules and they crack down on such activities. You really have gone full retard. It's no wonder we left you.

after getting alchemy to level 10 fusing long swords what would be the best way to get 45k experience for the next tier?

just look at the highest level things you can craft and look for the cheapest thing

What are your goals today /msg/?

I was wondering if anyone had any particular recommendations for recipe with easy to find materials

lmao no they don't there's two websites that let you buy meso

Not really. There's a cooldown on high level crafting so you'll be wanting to make a lot of different things at once anyway.
And get the pill recipes, turning potions into pills gets you extra exp out of one set of ingredients

>hanging around henesys

No one hangs out there. Way to make it obvious you talk out of your ass.

Database admins get a red flag whenever there's suspicious transactions ingame. Just because people try to RMT on MapleRoyals via these sites does not mean they can't get caught.

On Mapleroyals/Legends, yes, they do. Did you even read what I posted?

This. It's the fastest way to reach level 10, then after that I think you make something with juniper seed oil.

Hit the gym at a reasonable hour so I can make gains irl AND in maple

Then I need to talk to some people on Royals because some shitters in different guilds are talking shit to each other and they need to get some zruns going
Only reason I'm involved/concerned is because the group lets me tag along and loot equips in exchange for HS/Dispel

post gym stats and a body pic if you dare

He said he lifts 2pl8 deads so probably super weak.

>using memes in public

Good lord.

how'd you track him like that lel

In his defence I was at my strongest when I did SS. Switched it up to a push pull though and feeling more proportionate.

Just went to the Fitness thread and connected the dot.

I need to get a potential stamp but I already used the ones from the event store, is there any other way at the moment?

Haha your making no gains you faggot 2pl8 dl after how long?
What are your other stats you skele weab faggot,
Im 175x6 bench
My squat blows 205x5
295x5 dl, im in the middle of a cut now too, only been at it for 9 months, i have godly strength genes, im also fairly young aswell, your prob a low test 20+ year old hahahaha

This lol
How long you been goin 2 months? Its retard dyels like you who spread misinformation, cardio does NOT kill gains you mongoloid. L2lift you 2pl8 lifting faggot, post your meatshield faggot, srry i meant boneshield

Obligatory front pic, im about to smash chest/tris right now

MapleStory

>hiding fat covering abs

Is it okay to cry because you're playing the 2006 soundtrack of MS and miss the old days?

nexon general when
mabinogi general dead
vindictus general dead
maplestory life support
bring in the love

/msg/ has been on life support from day 1. Just because everyone stopped playing your memebinogi and memedictus games doesn't mean you get to leech off of our general. Ask dirty bomb general anyway.

>doesn't mean you get to leech off of our general.
I've been keeping this thread belly-up for a year now.
as you can see I was sleeping last thread
if we even had one or two more posters maybe that wouldn't have happened

The thread is plenty lively, it's just that we're a largely homogenous bunch from roughly the same timezones so no one bumps in the middle of the night.

Just to point out, I love having the general slow, and dislike bumping it with irrelevant shit, fact just stands that it cant stay alive without it because every other shitty general burns trough like 8 threads a day whilist not even hitting the bump limit on half

does anyone know how much meso per hr you can farm in skyline 1 in aries?

im trying to set up a skyline 1 farmer but not go too crazy on the equips needed just enough to kill fast

What's that one class that can moonwalk?

what the fuck does any of that mean

holy shit gymfags are autistic lol

hey fuck you i'm the only sleepy guy here
you can't just say you were asleep, that's like the whole thing behind my character

what order should i get link skills?

In case anyone cares here's how the full treasure set looks like.

DA, Kanna, then whatever you feel like training.

are those red stripper boots on subani

thank you

How come all the anniversary outfits have a military aesthetic?

Subani roids are ugly as fuck.

oh i'm playing ellinia is it still the same?

More or less. If your main doesn't have 100% stance, invest in levelling a Mihile to 210 for that permastance buff.

>, invest in levelling a Mihile to 210 for that permastance buff
I don't think its worth playing mihile for that long just for a stance. Most classes have one already don't they?

No, only classes that already have some sort of stance skill had their % buffed to 100. Leeching a Mihile to 210 is pretty fast, BUT you need to stack 2x ticket and buff and be at optimum areas for your level. Ideally you have a high level friend willing to do it for free, idk how much leeching service would cost on Meat right now.

Has anyone been able to complete tot's final know how?

Everytime I try to complete it, the messages comes up that an unknown error has occured and maplestory crashes

KHROA