/twg/ - Total War General

POTTERY edition

>/twg/ steam groups (MP battles on weekend, co-op anytime)
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>Attila
TWC Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2105-Total-War-Attila-Modifications
Slavic Race Culture DLC -- youtube.com/watch?v=QiVx6yBp4fg
Age of Charlamagne -- youtube.com/watch?v=RNOy63UZXvM

>Warhammer
EGX Siege AI and Vamp vs Chaos gameplay -- youtube.com/watch?v=fj05Ll1Mark
Kholek Suneater- Chaos vs Dwarfs -- youtube.com/watch?v=3EIkvHD7MU8

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=N_ZgyNoHtjw
youtube.com/watch?v=aAMKJzUAX_M
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Rollerino

>not Pagoda edition
One fucking job
nth for anime

>Lizardmen still not announced.

Fifth for /pol/ and anime are the greatest cancer upon this general

Just you wait, it'll be Amazons
I bet my virginity

>says the frogposter

But thats worth nothing

>he says, while posting a frog

I hope we get Amazons. They were in Blood Bowl, so it's really not that far fetched.

Would you rather have angry smelly fat men screaming about immigrants, scantily clad and smug animated little girls, or a frog?

Fuck Who-zag

;^)

>But thats worth nothing
That's why I bet it lmao ;-;
Nah, it'll just be Dotters of Mars again with an entire faction of hysterically screaming tuff women.
I'll take the animated girls desu, at least they have some form of variety and have a chance of looking pretty / hot / cute.

I'll take a scantily clad frog screaming about immigrants, as long as it's cute. Pepe is just cancer and the ones posting him are worse.

I'd take anime too but my hard drive ate shit last week and now I only have like 10 reaction images and that one fuckhuge pepe folder

They are the tankiest infantry bar-none. Not too great at actually killing though, so you want to pair them with a hammer of Hammerers. It looks like they get "cinderbombs" which should be good for disrupting enemy lines just before you crash into them.

Bitching about immigrants at least shows some level of civic engagement

Anime girls can be cute.

Frogs have no value at all.

what does /trash/ even consist of
>having a pepe folder

Beautiful picture

Why do you even have a pepe folder user? That's worse than having an anime or immigrants folder.

>Frogs have no value at all.
Dissection tho

look in the mirror and you'll know what /trash/ consists of.

>There are people in this thread who don't have a pepe folder

>>>/CanWeStopWithTheseBoringOneLinerRepliesThanksPutSomeEffortIntoIt/
/trash/ is a land of reflective surfaces?

>Bitching about immigrants at least shows some level of civic engagement
Should clarify I'm a liberal.
This isn't directly related to you but does anyone else not really care if grown ass men with families hold conservative values? Like fuck at least that makes sense since they're looking for stability and a future for their kids.

What really pisses me off are the disgusting basement dwellers who spout their /pol/ talking points because they have absolutely nothing else going for them. These are the people that I agree with user in the last thread on, that these guys have done nothing with their life and so they cling to a fucked up version of national exceptionalism because it's literally the only thing they can take pride in.

National and cultural pride are fine since they do foster unity in a big group, but only if it's not blind praise for themselves. As a burger, I fucking love this country and our history but I'd be fucked if I try and say that because of that history that my country and subsequently myself are better than anyone else because we did some fucked up shit just like any other country.

Why are we such hateful creatures /twg/?

youtube.com/watch?v=N_ZgyNoHtjw

ERE WE GO BOYZ
ITZ TIME FER SHOOTIN

> Tomb Kings still not announced

This post reads like bait but somehow I find myself agreeing.
time to die

>Thread is utterly infected with shitposting before it even starts

JUST

Don't post Gondolas here its disrespectful.

It's all I have user pls no bully

No faction revealed to be worth shooting.
Two whiny pussy faggot factions only.

Then post something useful, anime is always a trigger point and my reaction folder is massive.
Gondolas bring peace though, if not prosperity.

It reveals Space Marines, Orks, Eldar and Chaos

>Let me complain instead of posting total war shit
I wonder why

>36 posts in and only 4 are directly related to TW
I should've known shitposting would increase as we approached release

WAVE AFTER WAVE, I'M SLOWLY DRIFTING

What're you gonna do.
Have a semi-recent screencap.
Does someone want to tack more onto this thing?

Kholek's swing animation looked pretty weak, the rest was baller though

Ah I skimmed through it because it looked shit so I didn't see Chaos.
Three whiny pussy faggot factions then.

we have Grimgor, who even cares about any other LLs

>shitposting stops
>thread dies instantly
Ow.

Dwarfs v. Chaos REMATCH

youtube.com/watch?v=aAMKJzUAX_M

>meticulously prepare defenses as WRE against huns for first 30 turns of game
>everything is working perfectly, only routs in are through a heavily defended settlement or OVER THE ALPS
>huns just sail across adriatic out of fucking nowhere and sack the heart of my empire

kinda stupid mechanics desu

To the guy who wanted to see Ironbreakers, they are the first unit shown off in this video.

>There was someone playing Warhammer from 9pm to 6am yesterday

I think it was Darren.

>30 000 horses on a boat

IM ON A BOAT BITCH

where'd you get a .png of this?

Someone give me a good strat for the Getae in Rome 2. Using DeI btw, and before you get triggered, I'm also using the faster battles submod.

Man, this video just shows me that the AI can't handle setting firing lines as the dwarves from the previous video

lel did you win? probably could have used more spears desu.

No, I lost and they razed the city

I usually keep at least 10 units of spears in my army not including garrison troops for that exact reason. The rest goes into missile units or artillery. defending with cav is usually pointless.

this is just for that settlement btw.

Just discovered the Age of Vikings mod.
I AM SO ROCK HARD RIGHT NOW YESSSSS.
See you guys in a few days.

I like the Lord on the manticore's retreat.
How it kinda runs away on the ground to get clear and then jumps into the air.

You know what would make that epic(honestly was cool) scene even better? Blood and gore pack with the matched animations that come with it.

That flanking attack by hounds and cav was awesome. Seem the AI has got better when attacking and the same retardation when defending(previous video AI dwarfs didn't line properly)

Yeah the AI has been good on the attack but G*d it can't defend its position for shit

In the previous video it kept shuffling its thunderers

It's shit.

Why?

;_;

I think it is worth noting how the unit stats and abilities have change

Stats on the left are from the old Dwarfs vs Greenskins tunnel battle from 7 months ago, the stats to the right are current.

>dat manticore end animation

BRUTAL. 21 days. Sooo close. Really hyped to play.

Yep and most stuff is outdated. The only uptodate build is Darrens as that's the live Steam version complete with achievement unlocks.

Still think "leadership" is a stupid concession to make when there's no wounds, initiative, etc. Just fucking call it morale.

Any feedback on this? It looked promising but apparently it's dead and new patches broke it, was wondering if anyone here tried it out to check.

www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?655833-RGM-Real-Garrison-Mod-7-7-is-Out-!!!

Desperately looking for a S2 mod, TROM3 looks dead too so I'm unlikely to try it, MoS has issues with ultra sizes so I'm not that eager to try it out, that leaves sekigahara, and darthmod as a last resort since at least I laready tried it and liked it enough.

IF OUR LORD IS T'BECOME KING He should negotiate with the Tomb Kings

I don't really understand why they don't use the terminology of the TT in the stats. Why even change morale to leadership if they won't bother changing 'anti-infantry' to 'killing blow' or the stas into weapon skill, strength, initiative etc.

Not him but you have income of like 100 a turn, it's slow as fuck

How do I win this? I have to sally out. I'm fucking desperate at this point.

Yeah it is weird. I guess it's just a term that's more suited to referring to some of the factions who would flee for reasons other than fear.

>Got 2600 extra HP for some slightly reduced stats and some special attributes
I wonder how strong they'll actually be in general, since they should be cost effective against monsters at least but against other units their lack of armour might be a problem

Are units ever eliminated through routing in tabletop?

Is asking help for easily winnable Shogun 2 battles the new meme? This has been happening for a few threads.

If this were vanilla I'd be laughing at me as well. I just got FotS and its the first gunpowder TW I've played.

If this were bow/yari ashigaru vs. samurai it'd be piss easy. But I'm just unable to win the gun or melee portions of the battle

From time to time.

Routing happens for different reasons. Humans tend to run in fear, whilst Orcs tend to lose their leadership and become too disorganised to be considered an effective fighting unit. Undead likewise typically rout because whoever is controlling them loses control and they either crumble or become a disorganised mass.

>2 weeks, 6 days and 23 hours

I would consume numerous 12-year olds in a snake-demon ritual to get the game now

They nerfed their damage because in the tunnel battle they literally raped the giants in half a minute

Is that from a movie? Whats the deal?

This turns me on more than it frightens me

Yes basically when a unit routs it turns round and flees directly away from the nearest enemy unit. you roll two or three dice for the unit and thats how far it goes. The enemy unit then gets to roll dice and if it rolls higher it destroys the unit completely.

Yeah units panicking is a core mechanic. Plus a number of spells are calculated based on the target's leadership statistic. Not sure if I'd call Leadership (in TT) the exact same as morale (in TW) though, as it's not a quality that diminishes over time. It's just being flanked or having a ton of units die at once gives a huge hit to both Leadership AND Morale.

why aren't you using the no transports except through ports mod? it's stupid that literally any 20 stack of barbarians can build themselves a fleet of transport ships for their entire army, as well as their wives, kids, horses, slaves, provisions and war gear, with no infrastructure... AND still have time to sail further than an actual fleet can that season.

you know the deal.

There was actually a panic mechanic in the game meaning each unit that was nearby to a fleeing/destroyed unit or has a fleeing unit pass through them would have to take a morale test. Lots of armies had rules to minimise this, for example many expendable units wouldn't cause panic.

Can i get some advice on this? My spears route after taking like 10 losses, and the levy infantry can't outshoot the line infantry despite the numbers advantage

Ambush the gun users and get them to rout to fuck the morale of the Kachi.

The kachi are right behind the line infantry, do you mean ambush them with my guns?

Invade Turkey or Italy?

Seems like Rome is gettin fucked by barbars so I would start here

What kind of fucking meme is this?

Have you recognized Malekith as the rightful Phoenix King today ?