/rsg/ - RuneScape General

Vanescula Edition
Previous thread:Official World: 42
Official FC: "grindanfc"
Clan: GrindanScape (For an invite, go into the FC and ask for one. No requirements.)

>I've been inactive, what did I miss over the past x years
runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Update:Game_updates

>Latest Update
services.runescape.com/m=forum/forums.ws?15,16,766,65779975

>Latest Patch Notes
youtube.com/watch?v=l0m1eNvECOE
services.runescape.com/m=forum/c=CkZ7KpmpJM8/forums.ws?15,16,953,65787111

>Latest BTS
youtube.com/watch?v=CWIjM3bW6Yk

>Money Making Guide
runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Mmg

>Gear Guide
services.runescape.com/m=itemdb_rs/gear_guide

Invention sucks

Meg is my waifu

Nth for lorefagging

nth for lorefags need to go

Threadly Reminder

Zamorak>Saradomin

>vanescula will never wrap those lips around your cock, draining it of blood

only if she's in vampyre form

What does this mean I should do?

train agility/fishing

Reminder that Vanescula can turn into a loli.

train divination

why the fuck does that one mod look like a skellington

Why would you ever suggest this when caches exist

Runespan trim req

katanas when

There are 5 katanas in game already.
3 2h ones, and the tetsu mh/oh.

Only came back a year ago and wanted to catch up on other stuff first.

what could I do to make about 30m with this?

currently switch up between cballs, mud runes & shark cooking. barrows every now and then too.

slayer

camp gargoyles

If anything, you should start on ports asap m8.
Rack up resources and scroll bits.

Ports takes 5 minutes a day and takes about 6-9 months before it starts being useful, you've seriously shot yourself in the foot

NO MORE BARREL/FERRET/MONOLITH/TRAP ROOMS

>amazing skilling event comes out
>about to leave town for a couple weeks in 2 days
every time

>be american
>excited for dxp weekend, might finally hit priff
>get shot

>5 minutes a day
>at the beginning

Nigga, I went full minmax at ports and even wake up in the middle of the night to send some ships to get done with that shit as quickly as possible.

Not everyone is as autistic as you.

Killing cave horrors is a decent money making method for a newfriend like me?
Any tips? pls

don't forget your witchwood icon

If I get a -4 from spicy stew and my skill goes to say 46/50, then I get a +4, will it just go back to 50/50 or will it restore to 50 then boost to 54?

Basically do I need to keep a load of dwarven stout on me while trying to get the +5 smithing boost, to restore after every stat drain?

Post stats first.
But I'm pretty sure cave horrors are in no way profitable.

>If I get a -4 from spicy stew and my skill goes to say 46/50, then I get a +4, will it just go back to 50/50

yes

If your stats are drained, stat boosts just act as restores.

I'd just take a couple dozen super restores, unless you're an ironmeme, in which case, I suppose getting wasted on dwarven stout would work.

Thanks

>unless you're an ironmeme
Yeah, this. Dwarven stout it is.

you can also start zogre flesh eaters quest and you get 2 super restores (2) from the quest giver

Good luck m8.
Spicy stews are hell.
t. not ironmeme

What monster is best to kill for clue scroll (hard)?

what are you boosting for
most likely hellhounds

>hards
>not elites
Dunno m8. Try the wiki I guess.

>cannons that have a shorter range, require moderately-high stats, probably cost a ton and aren't replaced when they decay
>b-but you can train mage/melee with them!
To what end

>all may activities are also available for ironmen

oooo

>iron mememay

It's like pottery

Then any general tips of how to make dosh with my shit stats?

Mature grotworms & hellhounds

Herby farming runs are a good source of constantish cash + farm xp.
Use supercompost.

Level strength. For melee, accuracy and damage modifiers are split into two skills. No idea why.

Do slayer.
Gargoyles are good $ for low levels.
I can't remember what level you unlock them, but if you already can kill them, I'd suggest doing slayer contracts for some bonus xp.

Some of the dungeoneering rewards like bonecrusher + the prayer necklaces are really helpful at higher levels, so don't spend tokens foolishly.

And finally, do quests. And don't skip the text like a faggot.

>And finally, do quests. And don't skip the text like a faggot.

disgusting

The lorefags are here to stay m8.
Get used to it.

>do quests

Consistent

>Farming - Toadflax - varies

>Runecrafting - Nature runes through the Abyss - 1.3m/h

>Smithing - Cannonballs (600k/h, 1.1m+ with Morytania medium tasks which I think you can do)

Inconsistent:

>Barrows - the more runs per hour, the better. You can do 1 run every 1.5 minutes optimally, but I would say you're at 1 per 4. Do some Burgh de Rott minigame so you can unlock a shortcut that takes you close to the Barrows if you can't do Lord of Vampyrium (you can't)

>Slayer

Just do whatever task your master assigns and hope for good ones. Have a look at what they assign on the wiki and if they drop bad items or give bad XP, cancel the task for 30 reward points. You should do Smoking Kills quest if you haven't since completion grants double reward points from slayer tasks. Carry nature and fire runes around with you on task and alch rune gear.

>Mature grotworms

Good source of rune equipment. Just go in with good melee gear (they're weak to crossbows, but your ranged is trash), some fire runes, some nature runes and alch all the rune gear they drop. Very good drop rate on rune stuff.

i don't mind lorefags, but i ain't going to read through all that text shit

>hating reading
I never understood this. Ever.

>runecrafting nature runes
Even with my stats I can make 1,3m? oh boy

abyss + red skull thing

Oh, you misunderstand, i very much enjoy reading

it's just there's maybe 5% of quests on rs i actually find interesting enough to read through

why the redskull tho?

Red skull isn't worth it if you only want the money. It just increases the Abyss' XP boost from a 2.5x to 3.5x.

I almost got rused. Thanks m8

>need over 300k dg tokens for hard dg task

what the fuck

:^)

>1.9m made from one searing overload flask at qbd
wtf she is absolute trash now

does the ectoplasmator work on barrows bros.

Why would you ever make searing overloads when holy overloads are so much more efficient. At that point you might as well just use salves

Attuned yes.
Unattuned, no idea

cool, mine is attuned. thanks user

>when holy overloads are so much more efficient
are you referring to the negligible price difference between super antis and prayer renewals? lmao

NIHIL CONFIRMED TRASH NOW

THANKS LEDDIT

I'm referring to the number of scenarios in which holy overloads are useful where searing overloads aren't. There's literally no reason to make them when you can just keep your super antifires seperate.

GOD DAMN NIHILS ARE AWESOME XDD

What did those autistic cunts do this time?

>use searing overloadand super prayer renewal at the same time
I don't see why you're making a problem out of nothing

Meg is cute! CUTE!

It's just more modular to make holy overloads.

There are plenty of situations where you want overload but not super antifire, but virtually no situations where you want overload but not prayer renewal.

anyone in the clan right now, some guy is trying to pose as Agland by the name of AgIand (an i in place of the L), he'll try to PM you for a loan for some kind of big flip (at least that was his story with me). it should be immediately obvious, but just making y'all aware.

>searing overloads are only really usable at qbd and maybe rune drags or living wyverns
>holy overloads universally useful

I don't even have overloads, and even I can see just how retarded you're being.

I would desu

Searing ovls are worthless at living wyverns too, because wyvernfire ignores super antifire. You need wyrmfire pots, which are a different thing entirely.

do you think I only made searings? Of course I've made holies, those are the ones I have the most of, I just made a couple of searings too for qbd and some slayer tasks, get off my dick lmao

Some autist posted a guide for nihils and shouted about it being 7.5m per hour, then martyred himself all over the thread, and now pouches are crashing.

Good news for bossers I guess

Well sure, but that doesn't change the fact that there is literally no reason to make searing ovls

>Good news for bossers I guess
I never did nihils, but I fucking hate bossfags.
Literally the reason why the original sunspear got nerfed.

Thank god the sunspear(spear) works like the original one. And can change styles. And is augmentable.

Here's hoping they don't nerf this one.
Dumb quest hating whiney cunts.

>this scroll will work in the desert east of the Elid and north of Nardah.

They aren't as bad now because you don't have to spam click scan. Even easier if you use alt1. Chaos tunnels and white wolf mountain are still terrible.

You got a link?

If you dont like quests I suggest moving to a different MMO before the sunk cost fallacy hits you too hard.

Quests are the only thing RS has to offer that another game doesnt do 10x better

>you will never fondle Meg's childbearing hips

are you shitposting cause I don't see any such thread on leddit atm

He is

HERESY!

>bsj

Wrong game senpai

oops lol

>60 agility

for the 50% weekend boost should I do wildy course or ape atoll? i have a feeling there will be lots of autists out there pking on the weekend.

Ape isn't worth it at 60 agility, you fail too often

just get your agility out of the way now so you can unlock some decent courses in time for the weekend.

thats what I was thinking, im miles from Hefin so ill spend some time this week getting to 65 at least so I can do Ape Atoll better. Thanks lads.

Would Ape Atoll at least be worth it with pots/summer pies or would they weigh too much even with wicked gear?

Just get as high as you can before the weekend