Tree of Savior General - /tosg/

Server Maintenance: May 3, 01:00am to May 4, 01:00am (24 hours)
You wouldn't get anything on those runs anyway edition
Servers affected: Klaipeda, Orsha

Previous Thread: TOS Info: pastebin.com/3YcrrJkd
This includes more detailed information, as well as tools, resources, patch notes and official links.

>What is Tree of Savior?
Tree of Savior is an action MMORPG with a lot of classes, cute hats and autism grinding. The game is out everywhere!
>Can I play the game now?
International servers are now open for Early Access if you have a Founders Pack, and open for F2P users mid-May. You can also play on the Korean Servers now if you have a verified Nexon Korea account, which requires a Korean Mobile Phone number.

>Early Access Info:
Server Schedule: forum.treeofsavior.com/t/founders-server-exclusive-access-now-purchasable-on-steam/151534
Early Access FAQ #1: forum.treeofsavior.com/t/frequently-asked-questions-regarding-the-latest-announcement/145895
Early Access FAQ #2: forum.treeofsavior.com/t/updated-faq-on-the-latest-announcement/153003

>English patch for kTOS
forum.treeofsavior.com/t/general-ktest-thread/124575/645

>Servers (EA only, F2P mid May - Founder packs 50% sale)
- kTOS - Server : Vakarine (Upside down "A" in gookspeak)
- iTOS - Klaipeda, Fedimian

>Official Translation Project - github.com/Treeofsavior/EnglishTranslation
Helping in the translation will speed up international server updates and remove unwanted machine-translated text. There are also rewards for contributors, further explained on the github page.

>Field Boss/F.O.E Timers
- kTOS Timer: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1X50XoEFxK4q10GmO9gU7izzUlw_C72Qr1fnRC6ou2wE/edit
- iTOS Timer: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ufD39PDP-VpU9NGokyNgWx_YHxkTo4bFHTaJWl-O4GE/edit

Other urls found in this thread:

tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/qp6ho4o1xh/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>@Azebu in discord is shit
>meet one in mission
>he literally ERPs the whole party on his own

thanks again misinfo agents

Time to card up for that forest?

ded general, ded community, ded game

what's better archer3>ranger>fletcher3
or
archer2>ranger>scout>fletcher3?

archer1>ranger3>fletcher3

yes and then do the rest of the remaining slim amount of quests and quit around lvl 230-240 when you realize there's no point in grinding since there's fuck all to do at 280 but make an alt.

>not wanting your numbers to be higher for no reason
why even play an mmo

>tfw this morning capuba oneechan was 209
>Now she's 214 and going up
>I'm still 210

For the community and DRAMA :3333

>archer1>ranger3
wew just because you fell for the meme doesn't mean you should trick others.

Is the 217 dungeon worth the exp?

Nice

t. capiba

This build is awful on iToS

A2R2 if you want to maximize Fletcher damage
A3R1 for longer swiftstep, stronger multishot (benefits from AoE buffs), and twin arrows
A2R1SC1 if you like having some defensive utility.

Around 20% at 217

What a waste

Scout if the plan to be relevant in pvp AT ALL, otherwise take anything else.

>A2R2 if you want to maximize Fletcher damage

Do you really bother casting a 10 second 15% buff?

mdef is extremely underrated.

~13% at 226

not really worth running

Only by idiots who don't know how to play the game.

15% damage is massive and the cast time is tiny, in 10 seconds you can get off a lot of skills. You'd have to be braindead to not understand this.

L-later maybe i will farm some mats for the Catacomb Pike and not levelling more.
Good, less time to waste for a dungeon

I want this

I do it all the time, it actually sync with your CD on multishot and barrage well, so it's like those 2 skills get the buff 100% of the time.

Reminder that Falconer is what makes archers ET viable.

>Rank6 lv13
Thats literally ETA:24h or less for rank7
Is Fedimian finally going to get a guild?

Is Friendimian down?

[email protected]

i dont know.. it seems like one of those /v/ joke threads about something procing at a 1% rate a self buff that has a 10% chance to increase damage by 2%

Obviously its not those %s, its 15%, but what does 15% really do for you?

Most groups of enemies you kill in 2-3 skill uses anyway, right? Does it really matter on anything thats not a boss? And against bosses, might one circle in something else give you more use?

For example, archer3-scout1, giving you a nice flare shot to place under that boss, that might compensate for the damage and give you extra utility

Hi all. After levelling an archer (ranger c3, fletcher c3) to 280, i've finally seen enough of the game to post a comprehensive review.

1) Gold selling / botting - Even before the game becomes f2p, gold sellers fueled by rampant botting is out of control. The influx of gold from these botters have artificially pushed prices of high level items and much needed materials out of control. This problem will only get far worse once these botters can create accounts for free. IMC's daily ban is cute, but futile. As if this poorly optimized game needs more lag, the spam from gold sellers further pile on to this problem.

2) This is an accessible / casual game - Just take a look around class forums to see the depth of discussion regarding game mechanics. Its obvious that this is a casual game that draws in stupid / lowly educated kids with its accessibility. Gameplay is about as challenging as Euro truck simulator.

3) FPS optimization is a joke - Even with a rig that runs BF4 on ultra at butter smooth 60fps, I face fps issues in this ugly little game. The game engine coders for this game are about as incompetent as the game designers themselves.

4) Monotonous gameplay. If i covered up the levels and damage numbers, you probably won't be able to tell the difference between level 120 gameplay and level 280 gameplay. The game is the same at 280 as it is at 120. Current end-game content is Earth Tower, a dungeon as boring as all the other ones you've encountered and just as non-challenging.

Overall, this is another trash Korean mmo that is riding on the success of Ragnarok Online and its wonderful art design. Hopefully they can squeeze some money out of stupid fanboys and dumb kids before this mediocre game crash and burns in the near future.

>no proof of being 280

you niggas better not fall for this

he's not wrong though, but don't be retarded

Took me less than 6 hours to do the quests and make the guild, when I reached that point.

Fedimian bros better get ready to snag a guild slot.

Go go Capyba.

Bye

You honestly underestimate how retarded magic arrow is, any minor buff to that skill increases it exponentially.

Also it's not just a 15% increase, it's also a +100 physical attack as well with attributes.

It just propels your magic arrow to retarded levels of damage, as well as anything that hits multiple times.

I'm only here for the erp

>things we already all of us know and lying about his level
Pathetic 2 be honest.

4. is clearly wrong, there's a lot of buffs and skills that aren't accessible at lower ranks, the gameplay is completely different at 240+ vs 120 because of all the new skills you have.

I was refering more to the fps issues but yeah you are right

If thats the case then i think i will make the Templar tomorrow evening, so wageslaves have the time to get home.

How shit is this game?
How p2w is it?
Does maxing class is better than getting new class every circle?
Why are there differences between kToS and iToS? What are those differences?
How bugged is the game?

>Passing up Barrage

This is something you can only know from playing the game, but my Barrage at level 5 does more damage on linked mobs than my Fletcher 3 skills.

Why the fuck is this? I have no idea. It has something to do with how the shotgun effect is a true aoe and your 5-hit shotgun turns into 40 hits instantaneously per target because of the behavior of linking (and this doubles even more to 80 hits if you they get debuffed with feint).

Whatever the case is, it's pretty much a 1hko gg no re skill whenever you have a linker in your party. My cross fire and magic arrow damage doesn't even come fucking close when it comes to how quickly it kills linked mobs.

Don't slow down. Just save the actual guild creation for later.

yeah but were talking about 10% vs 15% mostly, you can take ranger 1 for barrage and steady aim

it's 5% vs aimshot 15 kneeling 10, or cloak+flare shot + barrel, being invisible and having icnreased movement speed isn't JUST for pvp, ignoring enemies in high level areas, as as an OH shit button is kinda neat, the +50% damage when leaving cloak is also futureproof.

You even get the +100 damage on steady aim with just rank 1.

Yes.

Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes

Very shit, fun, horrendously optimized and addictive.

Not very pay to win for now.

Depends on a lot of things.

Mostly balance. For example Skyliner is 15sec CD here but 0 CD in kToS
kToS is also dead

Very.

I mean if we're talking about 5%, it is negligble, but some people want to use only fletcher skills and that's the best way to maximize fletcher damage.

I'm personally going A3-R1 just for the extra evasion from swiftstep, the multishot and twin arrows benefit is just icing on the cake. Kneeling shot not even fucking once.

>Kneeling shot not even fucking once.
How is it possible to be so bad at a game

I like making money afk, money buys you attributes, which make you stronger

if you don't understand that I'm sorry for you

What if we call the silute guild Database Patch?

1. Game is fun and addicting for some odd reason, only if you like weaboo arpg grind simulators
2. No that p2w. Let me break it down for you, right now RMT sellers are selling silver at $15 for 1 mill. You can make 1 mill from like a few days of casual play, so the amount of money you have to spend vs just playing the damn game is way too expensive.
3. Highly depends on what you're trying to do with your build. Always weigh your pros and cons with getting more in a circle or getting another 1-rank wonder class.
4. Kinda buggy, but not unplayable

If you're just looking for a typical mmo to play, this probably won't interest you. If you've been starving for a fresh mmo that's more akin to older mmo's like Ragnarok Online, Maplestory, and whatever other cutesy shit, this will scratch the itch real nice.

no i was talking about taking no levels of ranger at all, the class frightens me because of the nerf.

Basically, our entire block of meta knowledge comes from ktos, where steady aim was not nerfed, so i naturally feel like the best thing to do is just ignore rangers for now, and look for successful builds that dont include them at all.

Though apparently we have people with practical experience now

so which fletcher build would you advocate?

Please do enlighten me how kneeling shot is relevant to Fletchers, I legitimately cannot think of any scenario where this skill is good.

Does it buff Magic Arrow after you cast it or something? Like you throw down the magic arrow and then go into a kneeling stance for added crit and damage?

What's the best Dragoon build?
I'm already pelt1>hop2

Go with the typical hop3>dop1>drag
Or cor2>drag with Spear and Dagger

roll for it, user, they are both decent

there is no turning back

I'd advocate going full Dex and then going into A3R1F3 while maxing swift step. Become the dodge lord as you facetank all mission bosses solo in somalia because they only hit you 25% of the time.

>Capyba is offline right now
Stop teasing me and keep levelling

>tfw no koenig to bully

>2016
>still playing a cashgrab game

Explain yourselves.

>full Dex

But user, we're not playing BnS.

I watched too much log horizon and sao

>Very shit, fun, horrendously optimized and addictive.
>Very.
So just like in beta. Nothing changed I see.

>Depends on a lot of things.
Like what?
I was thinking about something like wiz1>cryo1>kino1>linker1>ele1>necro2
or
sword1>some combinations of barblanders>some combination of corsair, fencer and doppel

I got the impression that wiz tree isn't so fucked by hopping classes, but for swordman it could be better to pick role/weapon and try to build your char around it and my idea is fucking mess because highlander and doppel seem to be more 2h sword oriented, fencers are stabbing shit with needleswords and corsairs have some double wielding capabilities and I wouldn't be able to use everything.

It was fun in beta. It's fucking shame they wasted so huge potential by releasing too early bugged piece of shit version, but ROish feel, even when game isn't as good as RO and has horrible "hand holding quest based" lvling system, makes it bearable, and sometimes even enjoyable.
Typical for current times MMORPGs sucks so much I want to puke.

How is PvP?

>"What happens after we take down GUTS' tower?"
>"We take down the next pinoy guild tower."
>"And then what?"
>"Kill them all, drive them away from Telsiai."
>"And what would we do once we destroyed all the pinoy guilds?"
>"We'll finally be comfy."

I've already done the spreadsheet calculations, the damage loss is so insignificant with your optimized STR:DEX ratio that you might as well just focus on maximizing EHP through evasion.

I'll never understand why people want to trade 80% evasion for 2% increase in damage, it doesn't make any fucking sense.

What is the cutest monster in the game?

PvP would be insanely fun if it wasn't for the fps issues
it's still fun though but until arenas we are going to need to learn how to survive the 2 fps

This game feels more like playing an ARPG like Path of Exile than it feels like playing a sandbox-ish mmo like Ragnarok Online.

Which is fine, in all honestly. You quest through to level up, then you get into dungeon parties to validate if your build is actually good or just shit.

But at the end of the day, it won't matter because you're all filthy sea monkeys

I find popolions very cute

The current endgame is neither questing or instances anyway.
which is even better

You can do this, Capyba, I believe in you!

The current endgame is neither questing nor instances, it is nothing.

Monster achievements give adventure journal points, right?

PvP is actually bearable when it comes to open-world GvG skirmishes. Ain't exactly silky smooth but actually fun enough.

>damage per tic
>sa active

how is steady aim increasing damage by over 50%?

is this using ktos stats?

Holy shit, that's cute. I hope that artist has made more.

God Speed

Depends what's your definition of endgame. To me just high level maps with monsters existing and GvG is more than enough.

bzzzzzz

>wugushi is shit
>meet one in mission
>he literally assrapes the boss on his own

thanks again misinfo agents

GTFO NOOTING FAGGOTS

Ah shit, forgot to factor in defense for the SA columns, updating it now.

What exactly is happening there?

Who even draws thiese

tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/qp6ho4o1xh/

How does this even look?

icbt2 glitched into Centurion

Thats good work though, but a couple questions

1. I assume you get the crit resist from dullahan, where is the defense value coming from? How does this change with a more normal crit resist of ~30 or so?

2. How does this scale out to rank 8 and 9s additional str multiplier?

>Haven't met LoliPan since iCBT2
>When onee-chan is online it's always at 3am or the exact minute I arrive at work
S-stupid

@140940616
kys urself my pathetic man

I honestly don't understand this obsession over some random just because he's rolling a specific class

it's incredibly pathetic

More cute monsters

I've noticed that the ratios aren't really affected at all with crit resistance. They could be at 0 or 30 or 100 and it's relatively the same with minimal fluctuation.

The defense comes from 285 world boss stats, I just decided to use the highest ones I could find.

No idea about Rank 8 or 9, didn't take that into consideration. If you're worried about being future proof, I can 100% guarantee you that all DEX will be better because skill damage only gets higher and higher and grows at a much faster rate than Strength gain.