/aog/ - Attorney Online General

Ded hours edition

>What is this?
Ace Attorney Online! Allowing anons to unite to talk, shitpost, perform AA-like trials and have fun overall.
Our server is Attorney Online Vidya, come join us!

>How to download this?
The following document has all download links and information:
docs.google.com/document/d/1ihsVxLVarPMPgGcU4W81CQyv3gPkLvS63GK7k0N78Qw/edit

>FAQ & Tricks
docs.google.com/document/d/18cYwIzZDNQafru7k4Kif5uUTc2f0_j7lWpxFDMfVuAY/edit

>Gameplay footage WHERE?
Streams are almost always running. Ask in the thread!

>My client keeps crashing, what do I do?
Check the FAQ & Tricks document for help.

>[music/character] when?
docs.google.com/document/d/1mOUWhMcUVk8l0kJj1fEbmzsDa6-wQ6NdHV8NsQoJD1c/edit

>Strawpoll document
docs.google.com/document/d/1YDlzipx6h8Dkuh8GtK2LqPfpSPA3QJqD8UAMFcjpcyU

>How do I play [x] role?
ace-attorney-vidya.wikia.com/wiki/Guides

>WIKI
ace-attorney-vidya.wikia.com/

>TEMPLATE LIBRARY
docs.google.com/document/d/14gc38VJu0igrVgVW92QWj3DJnrwZrntmpjLxah7Udck/edit?pref=2&pli=1

>HOW TO GET STARTED
docs.google.com/document/d/1gwg1AVZPlPAFy3aWAW28e9lH1vjIk4d8jOt3mChoy74/edit#

Prev thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1HEFhq4NbtQrDAhTh5Lara4oO04JnrwTnxsAEvwoB5LA/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Thank you for not putting lewd in the OP this time

First for only serious cases on AO

>previous thread actually archived

this game is dying famalams

>page 10

wtf is with Veeky Forums today

>have to go outside and not bump thread
>it actually dies

POST FAVORITE SCREENSHOTS NOW
I NEED THEM
THANKS

>game which - in order to be fully enjoyable - requires a gathering of strangers who are patient, cooperative, imaginative and have a sense of humor

>not going back a few archived threads for screenshot man's compilation that has most of the popular ones

what if he did not know? what then?

>for 5 to 10 hours with no real breaks

>King plays detective just to shitpost
>He leaves after being asked when the police arrived after around 10 minutes into the CE
>Random Snake player comes in to help with a quickly written testimony to save the day.

What do you guys think of this?
I'm also working on characters (Phoenix, Maya, Judge) hiding underneath their desks emotes.

Do you have the suicide one?

>Random Snake player

I'm not so sure about that...

i heard you guys like memes?

>Raymond is full of repeated emotes and some emotes don't match his buttons. Cleanup when?

Sprite user here. There is already a cleanup posted in the suggestions doc.

Where is this from?

I like Trucy's new model, she looks cuter

The japanese site for AA6
It has previews of animations for several characters

So what are you niggers doing?

niggering

Newfag here, I didn't see this in the FAQ, so I was wondering, what's the best place to go to observe cases? Area 0 to see if people are starting one, or one of the other areas in case there's a trial ongoing?

Area 3 is having a case right now, and it's about a monastery

You just kinda hop from area to area and check in ooc if there is a case going on

You can only observe cases by sitting in them. But don't worry, you don't have to reply.

Thanks all of you. Is there a way to make the programme larger? Or is it stuck at the set size
?

> Area 0 to see if people are starting one
Area 0 is dead all the time these days, so it's recommended to just go around the case areas and ask in OOC (the gray box to the right) if there's a case.
If not there's also the rec room (area 5) where people shitpost, chat, and play vidya. Some people hang around there waiting for cases too.

>Or is it stuck at the set size?
it's stuck at this size

Sadly, no. But the more you play the more you get used to it/like it. It appears there are also some developer's working on a new client for AO, but we will have to see how that turns out.

What are some characters you would use if you could see their pre-animations. I would use Tōko Mutō more if I could see her pre-animations.

Miwa.

Well I got rid of the dots. Let's see...

FUCK YES! LOOK AT THAT /AOG/

LOOK WHAT I HAVE ACCOMPLISHED!

Now finish the rest of her sprites my son.

N E W H O L M E S W H E N

fucking LSP5 man

WHY DO DETECTIVES ALWAYS ASSPULL INFORMATION THAT RUINS THE DEDUCTIONS THAT BOTH SIDES HAVE MADE?

Oh and here's the (a)

Let's see how this turned out.

Do you want an easy win or do you want to have fun?

Yes. That's why I play prosecution.

>Do you want this or this?
>Yes
???

HOW TO PLAY AO BY D I E G O

Watch someone play the game first before you jump in. A case or two will do.

Have some basic understanding of the AA games so you know court procedure, when to use green text, and so forth. You can also read the google doc on court procedure if you want.
Know your spelling and grammar. If you can, stay in character. If you can't, just make something up that interests you. Don't be annoying.

Do NOT butt in to cases that are ongoing and already have a group of players invested. Never do this. Wait until they are done, or find another case in another area.
Know your role. Don't play someone else's role. If you are on prosecution, stay that way-- don't flip flop or fuck over other people. Nobody likes that. If you are not the lead DA of Pro, just stay on the sidelines unless you are needed.

PROSECUTION: You are there to convict the defendant. Don't just dismiss the DA's claims as irrelevant or baseless or conjecture. Make up counter arguments, keep them in line, and stick to your guns.
DEFENSE: You are there to make sure your client gets a not guilty verdict. You do not need to necessarily pin the blame on anyone--just make sure you come up with a sound, logical theory (back with EVIDENCE) on why your client should be innocent. This role requires a lot of mental gymnastics, so don't DA unless you already know the game.
DETECTIVE: You provide the facts to the case. READ THE CASE DOC. Your testimony is first, and the most important because it builds the case for the prosecution and establishes facts. It should not have glaring holes or contradictions. Once your testimony is done, do not bring up new evidence into the case unless you are called on by the judge. You are not the DA or the prosecution. You have no stake in the case.
WITNESS: You drive the case's narrative. While you have pretty much free reign on what you can say, keep it logical and short. Anything over 7 lines of testimony is pushing it. Be prepared to play the bad guy.

JUDGE: Impartial, to a degree. You have complete control over the court room, so don't allow the DA or prosecution to run it for you. You can ask questions or clarifications, but let one side or the other lead the case ahead. Don't forget penalties either. Make your judgement based on the information presented. Remember, it's guilty before proven innocent.

In between cases there is generally prep time. Scenario and evidence are decided in this downtime. Someone will generally post a case doc in the chat. Fill in your name (character name) if you want to participate. It is polite to announce as much in IC chat. If you don't win the docrace, don't cry about it. Just find another case.

Don't fuck with the case doc, seriously. If you are writing the case doc, lock it after the scenario and evidence are established.
Don't erase things from the case doc if you don't like them. Provide an alternative or better talk about the case in the IC chat. If a scenario is already established, don't erase it and write something of your own. The point is to get to a case as quickly as possible.

Evidence is best left at about two lines/sentences of description, with the detective adding additional information as needed. Don't just make up evidence on the spot. Judge should approve all evidence before it is admitted into the trial, though sometimes this is glossed over. 4-5 pieces of evidence are generally enough.

Make sure someone is assigned to steno. Or record stuff that is said/typed in court. This is how you refer to older testimony, points, presses, and so on.

I'd say 1/3 cases are at least decent or good, with the rest really stupid or average. Many people get salty at the very end, especially if the conclusion is bad. Ignore this, or at least try to move on without giving the person attention. It just fuels the fire.

If you get shitposters, just call a mod and have them removed.

I've run out of ideas. Any other sprite edit requests someone wants?

The joke.
Your head.

You absolute do not have to watch cases first. You should go in and get your fucking ass kicked and get called out for being retarded. It helps you learn much faster.

How to DA and not completely suck:

As as DA your job is to get your client a not guilty, so you shouldn't be concerned with who is actually guilty unless you have a good theory on why someone else was responsible for the crime. It is, however, expected of you to find out who actually did the crime if it wasn't the defendant, so go in with that in mind. If you can prove it was an accident, self defense, or something like that, go for it. If not, you want to pin the blame on someone else.

Asspulling is thrown around a lot in AO, but you should not entirely rely on it. Asspulling is for people who can't improv. As the DA it's your role to work with the evidence and facts presented, find the contradictions, and eventually form a theory on why your client is not guilty. If you pull facts from thin air, grasp at straws, or generally have a weak argument, you will not win. Asspull theories can be entertaining, but what you should be concerned with is the MMO. Motive, means, and opportunity. Establish that someone had the means, the motive, and the opportunity to commit the crime instead of the defendant, and you are that much closer to victory.

Another important part of being DA is asking the right questions. Here is an example of a scenario and some basic cross examination questions based on a line of testimony.

>Mia Fey was found strung up on a nightlight pole. The defendant's fingerprints were found on the rope used to hang the victim. The defendant had marital problems with Ms. Fey, and was looking for an out. So he killed her.

Give Detective Badd more animations, he barely has any

>It was really dark...but I could still see him! The defendant was dragging Mia's corpse around like a rag doll!
Did Mia know the defendant?
POINTLESS. Greg, please.

>So it wasn't the victim at all, was it?! It was just a rag doll!
CONJECTURE. You have no proof of this. And you're stupid.

>What was the defendant wearing at the time? IRRELEVANT.
Unless you have a good reason for a case of mistaken identity, don't go down this road.

>If it was really dark, how can you say it was the defendant?
WEAK. You are not trying to disprove what they saw, yet. Unless you can prove the witness is unreliable, don't go down this road.

>How far away were you at the time?
OKAY. This may not get you anywhere, but it may prove important if you have other testimony that relies on positioning. 50/50.

>About what time would you say this happened?
OKAY. Establishing a timeline may help with some cases, but it doesn't work for everything.

>Like a rag doll? What do you mean by that?
GOOD. It doesn't hurt to ask for clarification, and it may bring new light in to the case.

>Did the defendant have anything on him that you could see?
GOOD. There's the rope in question, so establishing how that got there is important
>Corpse? So the victim was dead? Can you explain how you could tell?
GREAT. It's an obvious contradiction. If the victim was already dead, what were they doing on the pole? Keep an eye out for stuff like this because this is what is going to make or break the case for you.

Regarding a current case: I do not think it's a bad thing when witnesses break down easily to the defense

Especially considering some prosecutors and judges don't allow the defense to pick at their planned contradictions during Cross Examination.

Do breakdowns for wits who don't have them?

Improve lipflaps?

Snake's second emote has a static lipflap

Komaeda could use better lipflaps

>New animations
>Original Breakdowns
W-Wew...
This might take a while. I'd prefer a more specific suggestion, but I'll try to find something to work with.

And here are some random tips:

>There's really no difference between areas anymore. Premade cases are dead, so if you're not looking for improv, you're at the wrong server.

>If you are the DA, don't press the detective on everything. Just clarify what you need clarified for your potential theories and point out glaring holes. Otherwise, leave it alone and move on.

>If you are the prosecution, actually have the following: motive, evidence, and testimony to back up your case. Your opening statement should include the motive and some mention of why the defendant was arrested in relation to the crime. If you don't have this, ABORT ABORT ABORT.

>If you are the detective, never ever make up key evidence against a witness on the spot. Especially at the end of a trial. Don't help the DA, though you may feed them breadcrumbs if you are in a position to do so. And by the way, you work for the prosecution, you idiot.

>If you are a witness, try to keep your story straight unless you have some reason not to. There's generally going to be something off about your testimony, so try to keep it sane and to the point. Nobody cares for really long winded bullshit witnesses that add nothing to the trial.

>If you are a judge, try to actually have something to contribute to the trial. Boring, detached judges are boring and detached. Get into the case. Try to motivate the DA or prosecution into acting, but don't steal the show. You are not there to find the truth, you are there to humor both sides and keep the case going. If it's boring everyone, MOVE ON!

>If you want to barge in at the end of a trial with some amazing piece of logic/evidence/testimony/whatever, don't. This never works and it just leaves everyone mad forever. Fuck off until the next trial.

Reposted from some months ago with minor modifications. Have fun and solve some cases.

Badd holding a piece of paper?
Some kind of pre animation with him pulling something from his coat?

I'd say the real key thing to remember is that you are playing a game with other people. Don't be 'that guy' who ruins the game for others just to have more fun himself. This extends to everyone. Defence should not drag the case out with nonsense because they are losing. Prosecution should lay off sometimes and let everyone else play the game. Witnesses should make it so people CAN play the game and not just clam up (though I'd blame shitty defense questioning more for this than witnesses).

People will forgive you for breaking the 'guidelines' if you can make the case enjoyable for everyone. People get salty when you waste everyone's time even if you follow the rules. Try to think of others.

>its a Nagito case

Take inspiration in Gumshoe's sprites. Gumshoe (or rather, Badd) is inspired in each other.

Suggestions include:
>paper
>pointing
>something with closed eyes
>breakdown (this is fucking hard, so don't sweat it If you can't be fucked)
>pointing gun (final boss Badd)
>scratching head
>scratching chin

Another emote ripping in progress

>Detective says the handwriting on an important piece of evidence belongs to a witness that hasn't even appeared yet.

Great going.

Yeah I'm Holmes and even I'm finding this stupid

>someone asks one of the "do not ask" questions to the the detective
>they give a specific answer for some reason
>testimony is cucked

>BY THE WAY THERE'S MORE INCRIMINATORY EVIDENCE FROM WIT2 HERE LOL

Probably should have read that before I started this.
Finally tried to make a finger, but I did use Teikan's as a base. Thoughts?

Anyone not in the case wanna start something in another area?

Can you change it to his middle finger?

gotta be more specific if you're going to shill

which area, which case, etc

Genuinely looks decent.

Keep it up.

>mia is getting max salt at this detective

Rude.

I'm having to redraw part of his finger. This is testing my abilities.

Anyone interested in building a case?
If anyone is, reply to this post.

I got a good idea for a case.

>prosecution throws shit at their detectives and witnesses
>wonder why they asspull in favor of the defense

Even though it's a cuck thing to do exactly what he did, the prosecution shouldn't have thrown their detective under the bus beforehand.

He just appeared before they called and they fucked him up as if he was Hitler, so I'm happy with the outcome

oh boy an ideas guy, always the most helpful part of any case

post a doc, I can help since it doesn't seem like any cases are starting soon.

Calling samefag on this.

>Witness 1 is done.
>We are on reasonable doubt debates.
>Detective barges in.
>We tell him to wait that he wasn't called.
>He says it's urgent, we tell him to get out for now.
>He blueposts he's going to asspull for defense for that.

>We call him back later.
>He places the second witness at the scene and places her hair inside a book found on the victim.
>Even the defense says it was retarded
>He says we are just bitter and salty and that he's satisfied that maybe we'll learn a lesson.

Well, lesson here: Don't case with any Light Field players. Seems to have worked so far for me.

Also I'm 99% sure this is the same guy who made a long time player and steno quit because of his childish manneurisms.

Just realized he had 6 fingers
I had to redraw the majority of the thumb this time.

Aside
>This person was the sole purpose for someone quitting the game for good.

Yes. Which area?

>he refuses to docfag
>"wow why are you docfagging in my place"

That's all I could get from your screenshot

Instead of us all just saing it, everone move to area 4

Give me a moment.

I wish I didn't have to work so I could use up 6+ hours in one of these cases.
Life is hard.

And it's all that happened, I was there. As the very screenshot says, "the only docfagging at your doc is my docfagging", aka the steno wasn't really stenoing. Everyone got mad because the guy was some namefag everyone loved though. I think the name was "From"?

I don't want to start more drama so I'll just give a tl;dr

There was a steno in the case, but this particular Snake player decided the quality of the stenoing wasn't up to par, so he said he'd take over.

Then they had an argument where he basically said "the best steno should steno", so he steno'd.

Unfortunately, he was witness 2, so when his turn came, he wanted someone else to take over for him again. Aaand everyone told him to fuck off.

So he got spited and had a shitty testimony with ridiculous contradictions, that ultimately made everyone involved hate that case.

This is the idea I have for the case.
Area 4 reunion. Let's go.

docs.google.com/document/d/1HEFhq4NbtQrDAhTh5Lara4oO04JnrwTnxsAEvwoB5LA/edit?usp=sharing

His testimony wasn't bad, it's just that the defense didn't manage to do anything with it. Then again, the setting was very retarded.

>crime takes place in front of some sort of village or camp crowded with people
>snake places himself as far away from the camp as possible
>defense still objects about how someone from the camp should have seen him

Also I am pretty sure he didn't make the stenoguy quit. I clearly remember the stenoguy went to another area later and they even did a case to "cheer him up".

Alright, final (a) version.
Thoughts?

Invisible