Rainbow Six Siege General - /r6g/

I want to be alive but the Aussies aren't shitposting enough, edition.

Previous: >Official news
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-US/news/index.aspx

pcgamer.com/rainbow-six-siege-ama-addresses-hit-detection-issues/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=pcgfb

blog.ubi.com/rainbow-six-siege-post-launch-maps-operators-modes/

>Developer AMA Recap
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1349361-Developer-AMA-Recap

>Maps and drawing tools for all available gamemodes
r6maps.com/
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-US/whiteboard/landing.aspx

>Weapons and Armor damage comparisons
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fr6MsLNfjDlPESlHGUQxoRiR3yChpewKQAlsOHXG5A8/htmlview?usp=sharing&pref=2&pli=1&sle=true

>Known Issues:
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1332624-Known-Issues

>Basics of CQB Pastebin
pastebin.com/ECbQGdVk (embed) (embed)

>Steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/R6GO

>Steam group player list
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nB6S5xtZFuAlnX24VG6IVvOYnI18oOlV2W0SPM3OjaE/edit?pli=1#gid=375665432

>Console group
PS4: Add dazint8 or Omegaplaya and join the /r6g/ community that way
Xbone: Someone clarify this for next OP

>All the Classic Rainbow 6 games running on the latest engine, compatible with current windows, all maps, all modes.
techknow.one/forum/index.php?topic=69.0 (dead link)
legendsworld.net/shooter/game/11094

>WIP /r6g/ guide for crosshair overlays, tactics etc
hnng.moe/7Ik

Discord server for organized group play:
discord.gg/0yy2wDRBnPClTOxo

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EPtgwfcnYSk
strawpoll.me/10122811
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for weirdly delayed patch

did ubi just give up on the servers? i mean fuck man matchmaking errors watching 5 mins to join a game.

When has this game ever, EVER had good matchmaking.

There is literally no point to clearance rates because a level 10 will routinely get matched with a level 80+

>servers are currently at full capacity
What? That's a first

Game is dead
Thread is dead
Soon I will be dead

Goodbye /rs6/

Operation Dust Line on May 11

operation muh ptsd

>Servers at full capacity
How

>servers are currently at full capacity
Don't lie to me you dirty whore

It changed from May 9th to May 11th?

They said the release was the week of May 9

Dust Line trailer was released. Blackbeard has a SCAR and his rifle shield is larger and transparent now.
facebook com/Rainbow6DE/videos/1246281785383704/

It looks like you can't ads with the shield on it, I can see this being an alright gadget t.b.h. Scar H is an awesome gun as well.

Valkyrie's cameras CONFIRMED SHIT

ITS OVER

youtube.com/watch?v=EPtgwfcnYSk

youtube link for trailer also available

Both shield and cams look pretty cool

>bright blue glow on the camera
I hope that's only when someone's viewing through it.

>live in europpe
>stuck playing with slavs with 400ping.

Fuck sake.

May 11th let's hope it also brings fixes and tweaks along and also some buffs for the less viable operators.

Who AFK farming here?

I'm getting my 50k ready for waifu #2 and beardy

I'm not a poor slavshit so i just got the season pass.

>Five months since the game's release with barely any operator balancing

Id say launch balance was alright

>spending money on shit you don't need when you can just get it for free

t. middle class american

How does one play glaz?

peek windows upside down and abuse camera angles

So you can't ADS with the shield on?

So what's it's point? I'm not saying I want him to be able to ADS with it since he'd be unstoppable and be able to shut down whole areas by hiding his lower body, but what is the point of the shield if all it does is protect your head so you can hipfire?

I'm really confused.

Usually it's just better to take Ash unless you're on Plane, Kanal, or first floor consulate. Some times he works on Chalet, but not always.

You are not playing as a traditional sniper 99% of the time. What you do is win any engagement on a long hallway, because of how big your range advantage is over the defenders. That and shoot out barriers and holes in walls where you expect attackers to be.
Especially if there is a shield going forward, give him a heads up that you'll be shooting over him and that he should not stand up. As the defenders engage him, the reveal themselves and let you pick them off.

He is very much a niche operator.
That, and most people who play him are kiddies who want to quick scope because snipers are "epic".

Oh, and to add: the big thing Glaz does is bring a rifle accurate enough to tap a guy's hand if he's sticking it around the corner. Take pic related.
There's usually a roamer who will be patrolling for any attackers coming in from the Game Room, who will then move down to the Snowmobile Garage Corridor and peek through a murderhole he punched in the barrier on that door. Free kill if you can open up the garage door with Thermite.

There's literally nothing wrong with picking Castle.

I really have to start using windows more often when attacking. Shit's disorienting when you're upside, plus I'm afraid of getting insta headshotted

So SCAR H and M4 for Blackbeard?

Abuse castle barricades, ask a fuze to set off a charge to get this hole. Alternatively, you can fire a few bullets in close proximity to peek through the barricade.

I am dumb.

The x4 from the ACOG is not enough to guarantee an ez kill without being close enough to take defender fire.

Should Glaz not be able to shoot through Castle barricades? Just for consistency and balance since they're supposed to be bulletproof.

i thought 3:36 looked like it was a but long for a trailer...

there are also little holes on top and bottom of castle's barricades that you can use if you get a good angle.

Balance wise, I think he shouldn't be able to shoot through them. They're easy enough to destroy as it is.

Technically speaking Fuze should be able to shoot through Castle barricades with his PKM as they're both in 7.62x54R. Tachankas DP28 is also in 7.62x54R.

They just don't go through Castle barricades because Ubi says so. Its fucking dumb.

> muh realism

I understand it's a game but why make it so Glaz can shoot through Castle barricades but not any other russian operators that use the exact same cartridge?

It's kind of lazy on their part. I think Tachanka should at least be able to shoot through Castle Cades or through Shields to give him some kind of advantage.

I know people want Tachanka to be able to shoot through Castle barricades, but isn't that counter intuitive though?
>Spam bullets through a barricade because an enemy is behind it
>Barricade gets destroyed in the process
>Open yourself up to getting killed

They can model it how it takes damage now from grenades where it only blows open a portion of the door.

Sure when it gets too opened up have it fall away , but a murder hole wouldn't completely break their usefulness. Attackers would have to take it down from a distance with a frag or Ash.

they should probably make it so tachanka can shoot through the glass part of shields.

Potentially, but the biggest issue right now is Sledge just ignoring them.

Moreover, if Glaz can't shoot through them Fuze shouldn't be able to put charges through them either.

>It's a 'Smoke doesn't know he can poison the hostage' episode

strawpoll.me/10122811

>t. middle class american

>America
>Having a middle class

post yfw you see fuze stick a cluster charge on the hostage room and he doesn't have a mic

I have never seen that happen at all

>enemy plays shield
>spam pistol down a hall and kill in three rounds
>blood explodes from their head but nothing happens
>I play shield
>entire pistol mag at 2 feet misses
>enemy only has to shoot vaguely near my head to tear my face off

I've seen accidental gas bombings, both when I was thankfully on attackers.

Getting hipfired in the head by a shield from far away is the most rage inducing shit I've ever experienced in this game.

I just realized defenders are going to get even more incentive to exit the building with Valkyrie coming out. Since she can throw her cameras outside, someone can spot them and know exactly where the enemy is trying to make entry.

I'm interested to see how it'll change the game, as it is right now I only change my playstyle as an attacker when I know that the defenders have Frost or Pulse.

Insta spot for faggots who run outside and a 3 second deathcounter the gameplay revolves around indoor close quarter combat.

It's going to suck choosing the new operators because EVERYONE is going to be fighting over them every single round. It's bad enough that every match someone is either playing Frost or Buck.

Hollywood looks way better now

Valkyrie just gave IQ that much more usefulness.

IQ can detect cameras.

>Debuffed arms
>Weird eyes
>Better

>i want her to look like a man with a womans head

Just teamkill them until they let you have the new operators.

Now would be the time to select Frost & Buck since everyone will be focused on Dustline.

I hardly see people using Buck though. People have realized his underbarrel shotgun isn't that great.

Fucking ubisoft Frost looks fine

So we have seen a SCAR and the other weapons is propably going to be a M4 or something similar for blackbeard but what about valkyrie she has a Spas-12 so what's the second weapon going to be? unless they are really lazy now and only add 1 weapon for each operator

>People have realized his underbarrel shotgun isn't that great.

Yeah it's because his shotgun isn't mean solely to destroy people, it's supposed to be a tool used to bust open major holes in walls.

Usually people who choose Buck are the dude bros of RainbowSix, they just want to run-n-gun like morons.

Nu-Valkyrie looks like a stick compared to what we saw with the leak months ago.

Id like her more without the tattoos

Mpx

Thompson probably.

What if the leak was intentionally done to gauge public opinion on the design?

Her new tattoos are hot as fuck.

Sometimes I fantasize about her and I in a warzone, and she's waiting for our extraction which might take 24 hours. In the meantime we're huddled in some abandoned apartment complex in the middle east and she begins to see me as attractive... and starts aggressively pinning me down, pulls down my pants and starts to Navy Seal fuck me. She does this at least another 2-3 times before our extraction.

I believe you have an amazon fetish user

Sam Fisher dlc when?

Ghost DLC when?

With Siege 2 where they continue the story after article 5

Italian operator

Gadget hidden blade for completely silent take downs with commando range. Light armor for no noise. Ultimate roamer

Voiced by ezio ;) I mean it is ubi

Endwar DLC when?

do the multipliers make it worth choosing ranked over casual and hard t-hunt over normal t-hunt?

No one has every won a war when Italy was their ally.
I will take this man however.

bots are bullshit on harder difficulties, so if you want a challenge go ahead, but for grindan just shit on normal bots. I don't play much ranked, but the wait times can be long, so it might not be worth. Also just afk farm when you're sleeping.

>enemies shoot hostage
>see the hostage in front of me suffer a slow and agonizing death as he bleeds out
>tfw have every possible chance of helping him up but I mustn't
>hostage dies and we win the round
I actually felt awful for that little bastard.

So apparently you can get get both Buck and Frost for 35k renown

Comes with the territory, bratuha

You know how an operator's name has to relate to their gadget? Like Frost, her bear traps, frostbite? And Buck with his buckshot shotgun? What does Valkyrie have to do with overwatch or seeing things? Blackbeard? Navy Seal? Pirate? cause navy seal? Maybe shield looks like front of a pirate ship? I mean common? The made up name of Hollywood was better cause cameras. Maybe Phalanx or Spartan for the shield guy.

>has to relate to their gadget
What about Bandit?

Bandit would refer to his past history as an undercover cop.

Valkyrie should have been an attacking female medic, Blackbeard should have been Phalanx, and Valkyrie should have been Hollywood.

It is known.

Hollywood would actually make sense given her gadget.

>A Valkyrie is one of a host of female figures who choose those who may die in battle and those who may live
It kind of makes sense with the cameras.

Valkyrie makes sense also. Watching over the battlefield deciding who lives and who dies. This name also fits if you think about what the gadget does.

>tfw grinned to earn both at full price
>tfw money could have been used to buy skins

this game truly is suffering

>actually buying skins

The only weapon camo I have are the russian WWII camoflauge on the Spetsnaz operators, all the expensive ones look really tacky. Might get the CADPAT camo for the JTF2 operators too.

>7 days

Snakeskin looks awesome on the Spetsnaz. Other than that, I don't really use skins except for the more tasteful bonus ones.

>seals
>using a .50 cal desert eagle

what is this, hollywood?

To this day I still question the use of a revolver also in modern combat.