/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to Sonic the Hedgehog general. Let's talk about Sonic games, old and new, and the entire franchise including animation and comics. Share art, music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, etc.

/sthg/ #447 - Sonic Man Edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsNews/DevelopmentsRecent Releases

Dead edition.

fast

dead

I'm glad we're finally dead.

This is what happens when you remind people that Sonic 06 existed.

But Sonicman was the only cool part of that game.

>6 posts in and page 9

Deader than Maria

>both will fight in the next comic
I wonder where Clove's machine parts are and if Conquering Storm's eyes have any use over regular eyes.

who's the artist? this looks amazing

>im blind pls help

Did we ever see CS fight in the old universe?

I can't remember if she spanked Lightning Lynx on-panel or not.

How differently do you think the end of the Shattered World Crisis will go down, compared to the game?

My only hope is that Eggman doesn't job against Dark Gaia again.

The Freedom Fighters are all in the core with Sonic and yell at him about homing shots.

Egg Dragoon will likely square off with the FFs while Sonic and Chip deal with Dark Gaia. Now if only the Sky Patrol could transform into a Megazord to fight Egg Dragoon and then merge with the Gaia Colossus to defeat the evil Lord Ze- I mean Dark Gaia.

>Now if only the Sky Patrol could transform into a Megazord to fight Egg Dragoon and then merge with the Gaia Colossus to defeat the evil Lord Ze- I mean Dark Gaia.

Are any of your real life friends Sonic fans?

I think she wrecked him in three panels.

>friends

All you're bringing to mind is Eric's "War Walrus."

Not really.

She did. It was shown in a flashback during Lockdown

Sonic and friends visit Veeky Forums from time to time. What boards do they go to?

No, but they're not adverse to Sonic. They've played a handful of games, but they've got their own vidya they geek over.

Tails and Eggman both browse Veeky Forums and /g/, but Eggman also takes to extolling the virtues of a technocratic dictatorship on /pol/. He tracks down the ones who agree with him, and meets them in person to offer them the chance to join his Eggman Empire.

[My favorite character] would go on [my favorite board], assuming we're going by how they were characterized by [my favorite game/comic writer]

Bump

What would Bunnie look like as a human?

And here's the page
Rotor goes on /hm/, /g/, /k/, and /pol/ for sure.
Antoine goes on Veeky Forums nad a bit of /k/
Bunnie goes on /diy/, Veeky Forums, and a bit of /adv/ to help people out
Nicole goes on Veeky Forums, /g/, and /u/

Sonic Man vs Sonic. Who wins?

Sonic, man.

>HotRed's chat verbally fellating him for his work ethic
I'm going to be ill.

>Get your ass kicked by your waifu and get banished
>Come back years later better than ever
>Get your ass kicked by your rival in front of your waifu and she hates you again
Being Lightning Lynx is suffering

>Sanic is the only thing between you and you're waifu
What do you do, /sthg/?

>implying sanic isn't my waifu

bribe with chili dogs

Sentai is overrated.

Forget waifu, acquire Sonic.

I didn't say anything about Sentai, user.

Given how the final bout went in Sonic Unleashed, I hope someone make a Punch-Out reference

i'm sorry i didn't see the signature, nigger

We're spoiled for choice with reference humor. I'm hoping for max cheese: rock 'em sock 'em robots for the fate of the world or bust!

I hope Sonic will return to Little Planet sometime in the comic's future.

>El

>BURNING KNUCKLE!!

Bunnie dressed as Terry Bogard when?

Abyss dressed as a squid sister...

The boost mechanic is shit and they should remove it from the games.

It's been gone for the past 5 years

They already did and we got Lost World. And between that and the boost I think we're better off with boost then whatever the hell Lost World was

Colors used the boost mechanic best. You couldn't just spam it the entire level, you had to be smart with it to get to higher routes.

Well there's only been one Sonic Team game in the last 5 years which replaced boost with some weird parkour system or whatever.

It remains to be seen if it's still being used in future games.

Nah and they should probably bring it back since they actually know how to design a game around it.

Why not both?

I disagree. It's fun.

Boost is a cop out.
Speed should be a reward for playing well, almost like some kind of combo meter. The better you play the faster you get to go until you fuck up.
"Designing a game around it" just consists of having long sections in a level with just a single path you just boost through. It's pointless.

"I've Never Actually Played A Boost Game: The Post"

>The better you play the faster you get to go until you fuck up.
Maybe in the context of the Genesis games but that's not how the Boost games are meant to play. So being a crybaby that a game that isn't meant to play a certain way isn't playing that certain way is silly and makes you silly.
It's a rally car/time trial style of reactionary gameplay that fits Sonic well.
And you'd do well not to generalize all the boost games like that as it just makes you look stupid and uninformed.

>average Sonic Retro project

I want to see Von Schlemmer and Silver go on more crazy science adventures.

>The better you play the faster you get to go until you fuck up.
That's how the boost games play though. If you fuck up you don't go fast because you've run into something or die. If you get good you can go fast all the time as a reward.

Of course I have, dumbass, why else would I complain about the level design being a straight path with no features because you're suppose to just boost through it?
Try disputing it instead of just memeing.

>Maybe in the context of the Genesis games but that's not how the Boost games are meant to play.
Well then maybe that's the problem.
Maybe they should get back to Genesis in terms of level design instead of just making rollercoasters.

I'd love that too, their characters work well together.

>Maybe they should get back to Genesis in terms of level design
They already tried that. It was called Sonic 4

>taxman, stealth, and markyjester will never remake sonic 4

>Well then maybe that's the problem.
Hardly considering that the games function well, outside of some frame rate issues, and the levels are designed completely around how he moves and controls. It being a problem because you want another Genesis game is not an actual problem with the Boost games at all rather it's a personal issue you have. Take it up with Sonic Team for not making any new Genesis-style games worth a shit instead of bitching about games that have no bearing on that style of game whatsoever.
>Maybe they should get back to Genesis in terms of level design instead of just making rollercoasters
If you understand game or level design in the slightest you would know this would end poorly. Sticking a movement and control scheme in an environment not meant for it is a rookie mistake.

Eh, Episode 2 was okay.

>why else would I complain about the level design being a straight path with no features because you're suppose to just boost through it?
You mean shit that doesn't exist? Cool, thanks for confirming you never played the games.

You mean the one where you were forced to use Tails for everything?

>You mean shit that doesn't exist?
Obviously you wouldn't realise because you're boosting right through it, but go take a look at the level designs of Generations and look at all the long ass singular paths for boost purposes.

But I like Tails

Oh, so it's long ass singular paths rather than straight paths with no features now, huh?

>but go take a look at the level designs of Generations and look at all the long ass singular paths for boost purposes.
You mean the boost game that is the best about having many, many alternate paths to go through if you're good at the game?

Are you including or not including the quick-step segments where you need to actively dodge shit? Because other than those I can't think of more than a few, mainly in Green Hill Zone which is the first level of the game.

I left a word out, woe is me. They're still featureless.

I like that it has splits in the path, but they're splits, not alternates, and still lead to the same singular featureless routes.

>actively dodge shit?
Hardly.

>Hardly.
Okay so you're splitting hairs on the grounds of difficulty rather than providing a legitimate complaint. Cool.

>left a word out
No, you said something completely different. Make up your mind if you don't want to look like you're backpedaling after being btfo by that other user.
>still lead to the same singular featureless routes
Oh, just like how all the alternate routes in the Genesis games ultimately converged on each other to lead to a single end. It's the same shit. You're only making a deal out of it because you want a new Genesis game and Boost isn't it.

>Make up your mind if you don't want to look like you're backpedaling after being btfo by that other user.
At this point I feel it's just the same 3 people involved in this shitposting but okay.
Straight path with no features it is, happy?

Thoughts?

>At this point I feel it's just the same 3 people involved in this shitposting
It's me, you, and 2 others at the very least.
>happy?
Yes, because that means you're factually and objectively wrong. Thanks, buddy!

What is this?

No problem.

This user has the right idea.
Or better yet, why not acquire both?

Concept art from the cancelled 2009 Project: Sonic Retro. Which was intended to be an unofficial "Sonic 4".

The only part that looks good is the Sonic sprite, and that's ripped from an official game.

Tails looks too happy all the time considering how shit his life is

69 dash is too lewd

You'd be dead inside as well if you were immortal; watching new friends come and old friends go all the time.

Well he still has Shadow and Tikal