/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Remember to delete your cookies edition

Previous Thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (10.7 downgrade • Entrypoints: Browser/Menuhax up to 10.5, otherwise OoT/Ninjhax)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.51 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Webkit)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Other Consoles: pastebin.com/pHS5LaR5
Wii U 5.5.1 kexploit guide: pastebin.com/DpW6HmbZ

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-AuReiNand renamed to Luma3DS, split into Dev and non-Dev releases.
-Preview2 of NTR 3.4 allows video streaming from New 3DS to PC github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases/tag/3.4preview2
-FBI rewritten from scratch, with new features like decoding title names and installing tickets from QR codes github.com/Steveice10/FBI/releases

>PS4
-First game ISO dump. ps4news.com/ps4-hacks-jailbreak/driveclub-alpha-read-nfo-ps4-abstrakt-with-decrypted-rifkey-released/

>PS Vita
-3.60 released. It only patches the Metal Gear Solid VHBL exploit. wololo.net/2016/04/06/playstation-vita-system-software-3-60-is-now-available/

>Wii U
-smealum releases iosuhax, a set of tools for when IOSU 5.5.1 exploits are released. github.com/smealum/iosuhax
-Kernel exploit is leaked for 5.5.1, allowing Loadiine etc. Refer to FunKeyCIA: gbatemp.net/threads/423025/
Borrow games directly from Nintendo's library, as long as you promise to return them. More on this and similar tools in the pastebin.

3ds.nfshost.com/
Lookup title keys or submit new findings from your own eShop collection. Use QR codes to install tickets via FBI.

Other urls found in this thread:

gbatemp.net/threads/xcxgecko-xenoblade-chronicles-x-trainer-gui-using-pygecko.406442/
youtube.com/watch?v=bUFWXpYJKaI&ab_channel=nagisa
gbatemp.net/threads/loadiine-gx2.413823/
mega.nz/#!2YAyWZIS!n-epeIUpuGC8GGvBRgcoGS7gFY0QK2c1EQWQ9oviSe4
pastebin.com/SYAcZLNQ,
gbatemp.net/threads/hid-to-vpad.424127/
youtube.com/watch?v=mpvnoiUNpPw&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

bump

5.5.1 IOSU

WHEN
H
E
N

cakes wii u when

IVE TRIED THIS SHITTY KERNEL EXPLOIT LIKE 20 TIMES WHAT THE HELL

The day a lot of Wii Us brick ;^3c

Any way to run this on XP?
gbatemp.net/threads/xcxgecko-xenoblade-chronicles-x-trainer-gui-using-pygecko.406442/

posting here too

It's very unstable. Keep trying.

still getting a cant find file kexploit31 blah blah blah

ill just wait til proper hacking methods get released

JUST USE PKHEX/++ FFS LMOP

>nintendo right now
youtube.com/watch?v=bUFWXpYJKaI&ab_channel=nagisa

and by that I mean the homebrew versions, obviously.

Splatoon gear editor when?

Is it even possible? That stuff should be server-side.

kexploit10 seems to work better for most people.

a bit late but:

NIGGA YOU FUCKING OPEN A JAVA FILE THAT'S FUCKING IT

YOU DON'T HAVE TO SCRIPT YOUR OWN .BATS AND SHIT

memory editing it works with pygecko.

>Borrow games directly from Nintendo's library, as long as you promise to return them.
Do I need a library card?
Where do I fill out an application for one?
How many games can I borrow at a time?
Are there late fees for forgetting to return games on time??

Asking here too since I can't find the answer

It isn't, people have been savescumming since the early days. You can even savescum your rank. Not quite editing, but it's a thing.

>XP
>2016
jesus christ just update to 7/10

Flash into system? Like, without hardmodding and such?

>They just magically knew what to edit?

I have no idea, Im just one curious guy.

Is there any way to get game saves off an SD card without using a 3DS?

um what?
pkhex is what people use to make the mons that get injected or the ones that used to get sent over gts

[s]unless you're implying someone made a version that runs on homebrew and can inject them directly for you[/s]
cool a shitty person, but at least an answer

also wtf does lmop even mean?

Formatting will keep a9lh, doesn't matter if it's through TinyFormat and the usual system app.

For your second question: you don't.

>But you'd still need to close the game as only applets such as the browser can multitask.

Not really a problem, it could easily slot it into your save file like PCHex++ does

>For now we only have PCHex++ which is still very lacking.

Is it? What is the latest version lacking? I updated it recently and they had added a ton of stuff to it.

Why Star Fox Zero giving me a black screen?

it means lmoa

Copy the SD card?

>[s]
He means PCHex++, it's homebrew

You know when you restore a backup of EmuNAND? It's the exact same process just for SysNAND, except now you don't need a hardmod since it does it before any of the OS actually loads so there's no chance of it messing anything up that's already running.

Wait 15 minutes. Not kidding.

I got loadliine working, where do I put wiiu games on the SD? How do I get it to launch?

It takes a year to load unless you patch in the quick load files.

Thank you for that. Since it wipes everything, could I just copy my 3DS folder from the sd card, then replace it after the format?

>follow directions perfectly
>HBL and Loadiine crash during loading (almost instantly after I click them)
WHY DOESN'T THIS SHIT WORK

KEXPLOIT WORKS
THE STUFF THAT ACTUALLY MATTERS DOES NOT
FUCKING END MY LIFE

gbatemp.net/threads/loadiine-gx2.413823/
Read "folder structure". Actually scrap that, read everything.

So is this basically downloading from Nintendo's servers then? I mean, I'd love if I could do just that and be able to transfer it to my exHDD or something.

I'm downloading the update now. My internet is going really slow though so idk if I'll be able to do any of this.

SD:\wiiu\games\[GAME ID]\etc

If I'm on 5.4.0 spoofed to 5.5.1 is there any reason to update? If so how do I even do that?

PC died, this handmedown toaster was good 13 years ago and I don't have the money to patch up the good one or get a new one at all.

make a backup and pirate windows 7

Well ended up uploading old spider for mega, fuck onedrive.

mega.nz/#!2YAyWZIS!n-epeIUpuGC8GGvBRgcoGS7gFY0QK2c1EQWQ9oviSe4

Is there a version-spoofed version that doesn't trigger update nags though?

>What is the latest version lacking?

Mainly Met and OT tab stuff.

meh, not really "very lacking" then, close to done if anything

Noone else getting the bug where you load loadiine and the control stick is constatnly stuck moving left??

No I am sure i'm not moving the stick and i've tried the reset buttons and even disconnecting the gamepad but taking it out of range and still nothing.

It's not my gamepad either as it doesnt do this on normal menus before I load loadiine

>there is no explanation
just JK save manager or pastebin.com/SYAcZLNQ, that's from /vp/

Can someone upload their working exploit shit for 5.5.1? Not the release, literally someone who has gotten it to work to just upload their version. I'm really confused as to why this shit just doesn't work.

49nth for still can't get the kernel exploit to run without crashing my console

1/15 or so attempts have succeeded

I need 64 bits, this CPU is asking for mercy as is.

Is there a Virtual Console .cia for this yet? I'm dying to play this on my 3DS

>1/15 or so attempts have succeeded
That's normal.

>You know when you restore a backup of EmuNAND?

I dont, since I still didnt install any CFW on my N3DS, just ask questions to fulfill my curiosity.

3DS doesn't support SuperFX apparently.

Anyone hosting the wii u exploit for amerilards? I know I saw mention of a few eu servers in the last thread

are you serious? people have been making it sound like it works for them consistently

at least you've gotten it to work. I've done it 30 or so times and I haven't even seen the Illuminati logo.

So uh.

How do I get N64 games to work?
I downloaded Ocarina of Time and it doesn't show up in loadiine

just play the enhanced 3ds port or emulate it on your computer in 1080p

So what's the deal with this new Wii U exploit? I mainly want to do it so I can play games with my kb+m at my desk, but I'm unsure what's going on with it.

Is it 100% safe in it's current state? Can I still play online once I have it? What can I do with it?

Sorry for the questions and thanks for any/all help, anons.

What's going on fellow legal consumers?

Purchasing many quality Nintendo products, my good man.

>Is it 100% safe in it's current state?
Yes.
>Can I still play online once I have it?
Only the games you actually own, not pirated ones.
>What can I do with it?
Pirate games and shitty homebrew.

It depends on your luck. 5.5.x kernel is very unstable.

>I mainly want to do it so I can play games with my kb+m at my desk
You can.

>Is it 100% safe in it's current state?
120% safe, just buggy right now.

>Can I still play online once I have it?
Yes, but not with the pirated games.

>What can I do with it?
A bunch.

>play games with my kb+m at my desk
>You can.
You can play Wii U like that? HOW?

That's great to hear. Part of why I wanted to do it was so I could play Splatoon and my other games with kb+m, and I didn't want to get kicked offline.
Online just won't work if on pirated games, right? I won't get my account suspended or anything if it tries to connect to the servers while I'm playing?

gbatemp.net/threads/hid-to-vpad.424127/

Not the guy you're replying to but will it ever be possible to play online with backups? I assume this also means no Mario Maker level downloads on a pirated copy either, yeah?

Also, is there support for playing back-ups off USB yet?

>tfw your 5.5.1 loadiine seems to boot fine everytime
Living the dream.

My only tip is to boot into the Wii U Menu fully rather than quick start into the browser.

Wait what? Guy who can't get HBL/Loadiine to launch, kexploit has a 90+% success rate for me on 5.5.1.

>if it tries to connect to the servers while I'm playing?
It can't connect to them, it thinks it's miimaker/smash bros and will behave as such.
Only telltale sign is your sudden interest in miimaker.

Shit. I'm acutally upset now.

not till the iosu exploit

It's theoretically possible to play online with backups with IOSU exploits, whenever someone actually gets it to work. Hopefully, it won't take long. This would get USB working as well.

And yes, pirated Mario Maker is pretty useless.

>112-1028
>can't even connect to my computer

Just fucking kill me I'm ready

I just keep getting a hanging broken media player and black screen on my tv

same. I tried it at least 25 times and no dice

haha alright, thanks for the info. One last question, how difficult is this compared to the 3DS hack? I did it to my 3DS and about 3 of my friend's, and it wasn't too bad after the first time around.

ive tried for the past two hours

Just to reiterate.
>Wii U menu > Browser > kexploitXX > Browser > HBL
?
Or do you go to wii u menu after kexploitXX and then browser? kexploit works (and says Data installed after running), but I still can't get anything else to work after that.

Where do you even find wii u isos?

online with loadliine when

Can Wii U kexploit load games from USB? I only have one shitty 4GB available at the moment. Would rather use a 1TB external HDD I got lying around.

no

isnt it impossible given the nature of the thing?

3ds is harder, wiiu involves waiting until the luna alignment is in your favor or some other luck shit.
You don't actually hack the wiiu in any meaningful way you just exploit it every single time you power it back on, like the old 3ds days with spider.
3ds at least had an emunand to be made.

from our cousin wiiuiso

that's why i asked when, there must be a way

Ah, shit, I see. I wonder if the IOSU exploit will ever even come out, seems like I've been hearing about it forever.

How big is the average Wii U game? I only have a 16gb SD card right now, unfortunately.

For gecko is it 10 or 31?

well shit

cut your fookin nails

>tfw can't find my nail clipper
Good thing they are not outrageously long yet

>Power On > Wii U Menu > Browser >type/bookmark Kexploit10 > Suspended Game Menu opens up > Browser > type/bookmark HBL
That's what I do. On my Win7 PC I have the Java program open and nothing else.

Hai guise
I've got a working RxTools nightly + coldboot 9.0 O3DS XL, but am willing to turn it into a9lh (guaranteed boot and compatibility with ds flashcart).
However, I already have a working emunand in my SD

Question: How would I go (from the guide in OP) to keep my current emunand instead of the empty sysnand?

4-10gb seems to be the average, most of the third parties are the 16gb ones

Can someone explain how to get N64 to work?

It doesn't show up on Loadiine.

youtube.com/watch?v=mpvnoiUNpPw&feature=youtu.be