Fighting Games General /fgg/

pastebin.com/pYdwfntu

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cVu_KvZZq5U
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2016/5/2/yuu-nobi-cup-mastercup-5on5-tekken-7-tournament-on-may-4.html
oddshot.tv/shot/nychrisg-201605022366541
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

discord sucks

Who else is excited for ibuki???

chun is broken

anyone played BBCF?

za wheel of fate is turnin

Why do people use the term stubby normals as a way of describing someone in V

I wanna reach into Ibuki's slut pockets!

What is the deepest/most complex fighting game and why?

>golds dont let you get a run back if the game is close

Lolol

What is the definition of 'neutral game'?

play necalli and you'll understand

how i pick mains desu

she's the only reason i haven't completely dropped sfv honestly
i wish she were in a good franchise

youtube.com/watch?v=cVu_KvZZq5U

?

Absolutely me, and Makoto too!!!

I am so good at this game

because everyone has garbage stubby normals cause capcom wants everyone to jump in and mash when close

because street fighter characters have shit hitboxes on their normals.

Mvc3 because it has some of the most complex neutral out there.

#NotAllGolds

the neutral state of the game

I'm a 1400 Ryu scrub and I somehow just perfected a 3800 something MIka

I still lost but he gave me another match and I lost again

i need you ibuki

please use the comments section of the video to discuss them instead of posting here, thank you

Does Raven and Kum only come with special edition preorders of Rev or normal preorders too?

you must have serious issues if you stalk a trip this hard

Thoughts on SFV Guile

Anti-air game feels really strong, has a lot of options from different ranges.
Could do with more speed and a better range on his cr.mk, then again I am used to cr.mk da god from ST
Damage is nice and projectile game doesn't feel invalidated by other people's anti-fireball options like other characters do

Overall, 10 on 10. Love the character and definitely gonna main him. I just need to stop doing some ST Guile specific shit like I have been.

convince me not to drop cammy

does ex devils reverse/stomp even have throw or hit invul?

ur mom

sauce

first chariot post I have actually hidden desu
drop the persona if you're going to post anything "good" instead of off-topic or old ass games

YUUNOBICUP (makeshift MASTERCUP) is happening on may 4th.

more info: avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2016/5/2/yuu-nobi-cup-mastercup-5on5-tekken-7-tournament-on-may-4.html

more nobi: pic related

do not drop she is very fragile!

So is Guile still played as a poking zoner or did they turn him into an anime combo character like what Nash already is?

no

Necalli and Guile.

You hit a button and it does not come out anywhere near the range it feels it should.

>Manage to stun the opponent
>You mess up your combo

he has the longest anime combo in the game

his cr.mk feels bad if you're used to the SF4 version as well, it's really short compared to that and ST

Ibuki with friends...

rashid is in T7 too?
i thought the only sf character was akuma.
maybe T7 is evolving into TxSf

don't do this unless they're new or don't have v-reversal

>stun opponent
>start combo but drop it on purpose to catch them mashing dp
>they actually mashed dp
>block and do crush counter combo

The slow motion on this is so ludicrously long it gets me every time.
It's like 3 seconds of YOU FUCKED UP SON.

>maybe T7 is evolving into TxSf
that's literally what is going to happen

they won't let all the money that went into TxSf go to waste so they're recycling models

I thought you were a chun player, did you swap to alex

couldnt you just have used your own CA for the guaranteed kill?

You're gonna struggle against half of the current cast and most dlc chars will be hard matchups. only play her if she's you're waifu

Pretty cool, I also thought they made guile pretty strong overall despite some shortcomings. That's without even taking his 700+ damage combos

True blockstring you drongo

Sakura and Makoto > Ibuki

Ibuki is the worst school girl of SF.

>Ricky

the length of slowdown depends on the startup of both moves, since the slowdown stops when one connects. back swing blows are often super slow (drag's is 25 frames).

She's cool in her pre-3s incarnations because she's a sekrit ninja spy and not a mega slutbucket

I knew SFV Guile was legit as soon as I hit backwards sobat kick as an anti-air
Love that shit in ST and so happy it still works here

what? Sakura is the only school girl in SF of the 3

sf5 is so random lol

anybody can randomly win

700 damage combo is the meme training mode combo

his max practical is like 560 something

i had a bit of fun playing her today
just a bit

I figured.

600ish is a very real possibility in matches.

I knew you would enjoy playing her I just think shes so frustrating to play because she requires so much work, I dont think shes bad I just feel like whats the point when you could play karin or chun instead, over time the lack of crush counter buttons and the awful v reversal she has really drag her down, shes so close to being worth it, but right now I just feel like I shouldnt bother

ugh guile is such a fag character. why is he even allowed to hit people in mid air when they get hit by sonic boom. nash can't even do it.

Also is casual match set to terminate the set as soon as someone wins the bo3 or what?
Do I have to use battle lounge to play long sets?

Yes it's best of 3 at the most

Ibuki is the only female SF character who isn't a buttslut

Someone play some random select sets with me. eu

I remember when this guy beat Tokido in tournament. 2014 was fun.

airthrow is pretty legit though, it does a surprisingly good job

Sakura is the only one who fighters in her sailor fuku by default but they are all school girls.

not like devils reverse/headstomp is any good in this game, anything anti airs it

how many times have you pulled it off in a match?

I wish Necalli had an air throw

How is Guile going for you? I know people sometimes just like to try out characters for a while, but are you considering switching your main or subbing guile?

I found airthrow, neutral mk and b+mk to be his best anti-airs outside of flash kick
delayed cr.hp seems like it'd be good for dealing with crossups but I didn't get much chance to test it.

I dont play Guile.

There's countless videos of people hitting the meme loops in match, tack on a super to that and you've got your 600+

i agree with this, but honestly i think she's low tier
no standing overhead, lowest health in the game, damage isn't the best, crush counter game is shit, no real mixups other than the universal frame trap/throw shit, gets nothing off throw unless you're in the corner, non-ex hooligan and non-ex strike are useless garbage

it's like you said, there are just better versions of her so why not play them

Oh you're probably used to crHP being somewhat unappealing in ST (iirc it has strict timing to not trade or be beaten completely?)

It feels really good in SFV by comparison, try that shit out

well if you feel like your character is low tier/too hard you can always look at players that are way better than you that play them, makes you realize that you have to improve yourself first and foremost
watch watch poongko does with her

while i do believe that tiers don't only matter at top level, just getting better in general should be your first priority, and playing the character you like will help you with that, maybe even moreso than if you were to pick a character that gets easier results

have this reaction image from 2009 or something

oddshot.tv/shot/nychrisg-201605022366541

Ryu is the best character in the game over Chun

Yeah, there's not many situations in ST where cr.hp is better than far st.mp as an anti-air
I've got to work on changing my muscle memory from ST, I spent no end of time in matches pressuring with cr.lks after a blocked boom because that's decent in ST but won't cut it in 5

you're not wrong

Really? Hasn't been my experience, but then I don't play bison

He's really fun and cool, he'll probably be my very serious secondary that I hope to pull out in tournaments and such

I know I can do so much more as a player and I have tons of room to grow, I dont think cammy is holding me back at all, Im more frustrated than anything, I would much perfer a unique character that is bad than cammy being mediocre but being outshone by cammy, thats really what makes me so sour on the subject, Im waiting for the rest of the dlc characters but I just cant help but feel like she needs something to really be distinguished from her better counterparts

shes honestly decent, she just needs a few things and she would be so good, maybe crush counter on crouching fierce, 950 stun, and slightly more advantage on corner throws, also if youre going to make her v reversal whiff on long buttons and least make it safe on block or something, its so bad

Official SFV Tier List

>Top
Chun
Ryu
Ken
Karin
Nash

>High
Necalli
Dhalsim
Cammy
Vega

>Mid
Birdie
Bison
R. Mika
Laura

>Low
Alex
F.A.N.G
Rashid
Zangief

If Chun is so good, how comes she's only mid tier??

What is Guile's dizzy combo?

Ibuki has cute hips! I'm excited to see her in SFV!

yeah this, his options in the gap between cr.mp and back hp are really bad

cr.mk is slow, stubby, and confirms into nothing but super on vt cancel at max range which is a horrendous waste of resources

Chun is not top
Cammy is mid
Mika is high

outshone by karin/chun* as a character

Chun is a 9-1 matchup vs Chun so that skews the tiers a bit.

how so?

Why is foot fetish artwork always so ugly? What's the point of having the feet be the focus when you can't draw feet well? Tits and ass are literally easier to draw than appealing feet.

Thinking about buying this gootecks and mike ross shirt, does that make me a fag?