> Free audio
machinimasound.com/
freesound.org/browse/
incompetech.com/music/

Other urls found in this thread:

alderex.itch.io/pyrotek-nick
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

horse c*ck

If you do not have an LLC, we WILL seize personal assets such as car, computer, even home, in patent litigation.

But only when you've "made it" so good luck with your game /agdg/ :)

Progress. Hahahahahahahahahaha :)

Nah just abandon this thread and start a new one

What did i expect...
Ofcourse there's a multipage tutorial.

How bad is this walking sprite for a mediocre game?

PROGRESS GET YER PROGRESS HEREEE

Maybe this time it won't be buried?

Not bad. It looks like the body steps down for the right leg's step at the lowest point, so just move it up a pixel or two.

You, my friend, need bloom in your life.

Looks pretty.

Can you record one going really fast

Oh i can see it now, thanks.

Interesting games. Just wondering, have either of you established an LLC yet?

It's fine to have those but you should let a player map any control to any button they want. I realize your game is simple, I can tell by the controls, but that doesn't take away from the principle of letting the player choose how they play, and it's good to have done already for when you make something more complicated and it's more relevant.

is this a meme

This looks pretty too. Can you move up and down the sides? Are you on a motorbike

No don't add bloom. If he adds more reflections and some shaders, it will look crisp instead of foggy.

No.

Can I just say something?

Sourcefam really is the worst person I've ever seen on the internet. He's not a bad person in the same way people on other boards are, like posting mutilated animals or anything. He's just rotten to the core, negative, and a bad person. He's a failure and he can't stop telling us about it all the time, and if it's wrong for us to point this out, then just ban us I guess?

It would honestly be a favor. Because lately it seems this place is an illusion where supposedly it's for gamedev but 80% of the posts belong to the same raving lunatic. It is hard to keep pouring positive energy into a place that is haunted by this person.

Anyway, that's my only input on the matter.

Fuck you, reek. You're shit and you know it. I hope something comes to you that removes you from the internet for good. I really do. You're so overdue for it.

How long will it take me to finish my Dark Souls clone?

Oh and to be clear, what makes him definitively the worse person I've ever seen on the internet is how he has dedicated months and months (from what I've seen) to being a horrible person in one particular board.

I know he's been caught shitposting in other boards when he started wearing the birdmath trip but it goes beyond that. He has decided that AGDG is his victim and that he'll never let it go.

Someone like this can only be "helped" by having something tragic happen to them in real life, and I don't wish bad things on other people usually but Sourcefam, honestly dude. Your time is coming and you're going to regret how many hours and nights, months and years you've spent torturing this community.

I wish you nothing but the worst in life, because it's truly all you deserve. Good riddance to you and your entire genetic lineage. You are scum that when removed from the human race, will leave a vaccuum for far more worthy people to fill. Goodbye.

Devs. Disregard this until it's deleted or we're banned, do whatever. Best of luck to you.

As long as you want it to take, fampai.

What's the catch with Unity? or should I say, When is the catch? Is it really not until you make $100,000 in a year?

Until you make $100k in a year you get to have the unity personal edition logo and your eyes seared out by the white theme but other than that essentially nothing.

The catch is that the engine is half broken and requires store bought assets to be completed.

I think a bit more complexity in the grid could go a long way

Gonna tackle both requests at once, webm related.

Yup. A motorbike is an option, not sure whether I want to go full-Tron ripoff or a with a spaceship yet. Also, there's already a bit of bloom in the first webm. I find that bloom is best when you don't notice it, like the bass player in a band.

>giving more attention
>not silently reporting it every time
or is this some new meta-level copypasta?

The free version gives away your information as well as the information of players who play your game to advertisers ("third parties"). They say this in their terms of service.

But you can also buy the rights for around $1000. Unreal 3 is the one where you make so much and then you have to start paying the enginedevs a portion after you've gone over a certain sale amount.

Unreal 4 you just pay a straight 5% fee or something for each sale forever.

What do you have in mind?

For the bloom to work i'd say you need much thinner lines. Currently it looks like screen jam.

homeland security has been notified, reek

you made your last shitpost

It's just meta shitposting.
Anyone who mentions any of these Internet personalities is one of those responsible for it to begin with.
Report and move on.

2d? look at the dev cycle for Death's Gambit. You will not be able to make a 2d dark souls. sorry.

3d? hahahah. oh jesus. it's not even possible. the closest thing you could do is a 3rd person sword combat game. dark souls? with all the stats and elements of combat? it can't be done. Have you ever even made a complete game before? If you haven't then do that first on a tiny scale.

UE4 has the same threshold thing as UE3.

It's 5% on whatever you make >$3000 per quarter

Different colors, and alternating patterns, just to spice it up a bit

How can that be? Making your own assets is a crucial part of game dev.

Which one?

What would be the best engine to use for an animal crossing/harvest moon sort of vibe?

I am on a laptop so no ue4 unfortunately.

the one that is part of some kind of game

where is the game

each new OP should show a different image from the recap

If you want to go the more lobstery look, C or D. If you want hair I'd go with H, the angles and curves say "dangerous" to me.
Also, does she have nipple antennae?

b

How is unity for 2d?

jesus fuck just finish your game already

Why is isometric pixel shit so confusing?

>tfw your partner decided to quit developing

1-man-army sucks bros, humans were not meant to work alone

you might be mentally retarded

Maybe, but then again I have no idea what I'm even doing.

Just having someone to talk to and bounce ideas off is enough.

It is the only way to make a game.

because 3d rendering exists

Thanks.
> Also, does she have nipple antennae?
No, that's just her other arm.

In progress.

What kind of project was it / what was their role?

How do I get started with functional programming?

Is there such a thing as a functional shader language?

Reminder that most free projects (the ones that don't blow up and die in the first few days when they realize deving is hard work) have a general life expectancy of two years before you/other team mates start moving on.

>get banned from 420chan
>same guy is still in there everyday shitposting and blaming it on me
The psychosis in agdg is unthinkable and it largely belongs to a single person. Possibly the most dedicated and psychotic shitposter on Veeky Forums and that's not an exaggeration.

I'm looking at it right now.

Other members are lamenting it too.

I would be thrilled to find out that someone murdered sourcefam or he finally killed himself. Genuinely would be happy to know that his life is over. I've never despised a stranger on the internet more in my life.

Almost a full year of non-stop psychotic shitposting because I made him jealous with a Unity game using free unity store assets and bullied him for a couple days.

I'm not sure I want this.

Ehh, but at least our programmer guy said the format is okay to figure out mapping and sprite movement. So until our real graphics guy is back this'll do.

i can do all of the objects you have in the picture in less than 5 minutes with it
that's how fast it is

>get banned from 420chan
Reminder /agdg/, the loving arms of 420 /agdg/ will always be there for actual gamedev discussion.

It's always hard to start or migrate a new community, but this land is fertile.

F

3d rpg, we both did the modeling,rigging,animation,. I could cover that part but it's just too much work and it's always welcomed to split the work with someone

3d mmo maybe?

Reminder that sourcefam, the aggressive alcoholic 420chan shill, literally lives in a van because he is on the run from the police. Would you trust someone like that for """""discussion"""""? I wouldn't!

what the actual fuck

>avoiding nonfunctional design because of a meme on fucking vg
just make a game

3d:unity
2d:gamemaker

sadly we can't
that's what shit about Veeky Forums, chink mods are shit

Maybe I'll be back in a week or two. This posting is what made me leave over half a year go. I've actually been making progress and I hope the rest of the people working do too.

Because the GUI, shaders and lighting systems are broken and/or shit

But look! Moderation at its finest! Surely this will put an end to this nonsense.

>open bolt mac-10

Hey as much as I like his game, it's bad form to put a single game in the OP image like that.

why

Could be an incentive to post in the recap
This is like the third OP in a few days to feature a game

GUI is easy enough to get around, i made my own custom editor plugin for it. I agree the unity one is utter garbage

shaders and lighting? dunno since i hand-paint all my textures and use that for lighting, i prefer that look anyway.

Veeky Forums needs mods not janitors

deleting mothdan's shitposts stalls him for 15 minutes, then he's back at it

he needs to be rangebanned

just fine if it's not a pixel 2D game

Advertising a game that's for sale.

Will make salty nodevs even more booty blasted at the dev.

Makes it look like the thread is about his game, not indie gamedev.

Shits on all the yesdevs here who won't get a turn.

Or maybe I'm just autistic and "nothing matters lol!"

this

bro take a chill pill, where's your game?

>for sale.
isn't it basically free though? alderex.itch.io/pyrotek-nick

Not yet. It needs to pass greenlight first.

Couple of parallax layers added
Background is still not finished but I'll stop working on it for now

>please vote if you like the demo

Jesus fucking christ, GMS. I was refactoring code and cleaning up all the unnecessary objects in my project and decided to rename one of the objects from the resource tree. I wen through and changed all references to this object to reflect the new name. IMMEDIATELY the game throws errors at me that undefined at 0 please click here to get more info.... cannot click.

After closing and opening project again suddenly it works and has accepted the new name without me changing anything else. But now previously working code that have absolutely jackshit to do with the renamed object stop drawing text (but the "--" that is still there by default is being drawn so I know its working). Next few compiles suddenly I cannot shoot anymore even though nothing with firing,bullet objects or combat has been touched. Say fuck it, scrap the whole thing and restore previous version. Look online, apparently renaming a resource might as well be shoving a sword up the engines ass.

this place will never get mods because it's a containment board. at most only posts that get reported are dealt with

Are you going to meme at me about your shitty OOPS paradigm or do you have an answer to my question

>Please vote if you like the beta

Do you ever feel all happy and giddy when you get some feature to work perfectly?

Pretty much.
Even worse sometimes when you rename a resource to a previously deleted resource, it'll fuck everything up and on reload both the old-named resource and the new-named resource will appear but both as undefined.

Fucked up a good number of sprites on an older project that way.

Make sure to clear your game's cache after you delete resourced or change names. Its the little sweeper icon on the top if you don't already know.

the outlines really need cleaning up

you could always learn you a Haskell
personally I got bored after a few pages of the tutorial and the way it does some things is needlessly weird to me

what's the smallest resolution a pixel art game can look fine?

All the time.

If you mean the character then yes they do, art is far from finished

No but I get fucking pissed off when my code is broken

Thanks a lot for the tip, user. Will do! Happy devving!

Thats the only thing that makes me happy anymore