/ss13g/ spessmen on a spess station

"The time has come, and so have I" Edition.

Last time on /ss13g/
>IF YOU CAN'T JOIN, THAT MEANS YOU NEED TO GRAB 510 BETA YOU PLEB
>Parallax about to happen, it's like I'm actually playing a 2016 AAA game
>github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13/pull/9884
>a.pomf.cat/avqvbt.webm (LMAO 3 MB limit)
>Seriously though, Paradise does some great shit, when it's finished. No wonder it's Neobay
>Hot arguments about Communism
>STAY ON TOPIC GUYS

>What is Space Station 13?
youtube.com/watch?v=FHH1vfY6HTA
pastebin.com/VNcX2Quc

>New player guide
ss13.moe/wiki/index.php/The_Basics
ss13.moe/wiki/index.php/General_Help

>BYOND client
byond.com/download/build/LATEST/

>Pomf Serbian, main Veeky Forumsstation server, running a vote script to change maps at round end.
byond://game.ss13.moe:7777

>Test server
byond://ss13.moe:1337

>Public server list
byond.com/games/exadv1/spacestation13

>Forum, ban list and logs for vgstation
ss13.moe/forum/
ss13.moe/index.php/bans
game.ss13.moe/logs

>How do I connect to the servers?
Hit the cogwheel in the upper right corner of the BYOND hub and pick "Open Location"

>Map renders collection: updated nightly
ss13.nexisonline.net/img/map-renders/

>Coderbus, here!
github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13
@rizon #coderbus @rizon #vgstation

>SS13 booru for all your SS13 images!
ss13.booru.org/

>How To Install BYOND: The Video Tutorial: The Movie
youtube.com/watch?v=-iWiZwv9f1o

>Nostalgia
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/text/ss13g/

>OP Pastebin
pastebin.com/87FjnR7M

Other urls found in this thread:

a.pomf.cat/avqvbt.webm
youtu.be/QZX6oLEK5KQ?t=8
youtube.com/watch?v=b2uzW19DZd0
youtu.be/r-YOIIrVJE0?t=2
strawpoll.me/10105001
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This is now a Rail Kinson thread!

xth for I wanna fuck Shiggy! I want to be shiggy's slave! I want shiggy to hurt me!

This is now a ROBUST thread. You may only reply to this post if you are ROBUST. Show everyone your ROBUSTITUDE

I'm so robust, I disposaled Sawbones! Twice!

>You will never get a station that has a roundstart stage 1 singulo and no pac
>You will never be forced to power it by disposaling summerfriends into it
Why even live

Rail is cute. CUTE!

ROBUST

>Screws with admin view
BAN HE

That was such a great round.

One xeno did more antagging than most players ever do by itself

Out of curiosity, where' the potency cap defined? I haven't learned all the newfanged shit

If it helps your conscience, 99.9% of all awards are for doing something fucking dumb and are making fun of the guy. It's truly rare that someone gets an award for serious business.

>in space without spacesuit/hardsuit
>100 health
how!?

What'd he do?
How'd he not get valided? I don't think they have neurospit

Toggle Invulnerability

Also the beard

He did a fuckton of things. He spent a fucking hour harassing the shit out of the crew after all the other larva got darwin awards; All on his lonesome. He made a tiny little nest in the AI core and constantly launched guerilla attacks on different parts of the station; he fucked up science big time, let plasma out in there, he even technically got the shard to delaminate completely, although it bugged out and didn't go boom; after he fucked up everything he could, he ran around in the pipes taunting people and growling at them.

Shit was fucking glorious.

Just non stop scaring the pants out of everyone, never risking himself and hissing at people from the pipes.

People freaked the fuck out. It was great. He was everywhere and nowhere.

>tfw no Trauma Harness

OP that looks like shit

Can you get turned into a fly man from teleporter/cloning accidents or am i thinking of another server?

Another server. All our telesci accidents are 1% and junk

I think they had that on TG when I played on it a year or so ago.

a.pomf.cat/avqvbt.webm

pomf will pull the plug any day
and you'll be ashamed of your deeds

This wasn't bay, it was some pub.

I know the 1% chance things like spawning a cut, but...
>you can't fuse creatures using telesci
>no Miner-Goliath fusion from saving a dying miner that was on top of a Goliath during teleporting that has a free hookshot from its tentacle arm, and more defense
>no fusing husked corpses from a ling rape cave to make a blob

>minin' a couple rounds ago
>dig up a blue gun
>neat
>keep minin'
>"a screech pierces your mind for a second"
w-what?

You just drilled through a large artifact. One of roughly nine in the entire fucking world for the xenoarchs to do their job on. and you fucking broke it. Stay out of the artifact digsites.

I didn't know though

sometimes you're far away and it still happens

>rev two times in a row
am i getting meme'd on?, did they boosted the chances?

yes everyone is out to meme on you, autismspider

Who cares about science nerds

There's extremely rare cases of 1 tile digsites without a visible artifact time or when you're 1-2 from a visible but that's the exception rather than the rule

12 out of a hundred is still 12.

>not plowing right through the biggest artifact field just to get one node of silver

oh no
not the fat xenos again

Wait
Should i be picking up all those things i find when mining?
Sometimes i bowls, urns, beartraps, knives...
I-i kinda forgot xenoarch existed, should i be taking this stuff to them?

they're basically trash. like real archeology.

if it's worth taking to them it's worth taking for yourself

what did i do wrong?

>xenos can swallow people whole

GET THE FUCK OUT OF OUR DIGSITES. WE ONLY GET ~9 LARGES IN THE ENTIRE WORLD INCLUING THE ASTEROID FIELD AND THE CLOWN ROID

GET OUT OF THE DIG SITES PERIOD. RARER DIGSITES LIKE WAR WE ONLY GET A FEW IN THE ENTIRETY OF THE WHOLE ROID AND YOU DESTROYING THEM REMOVES 96% OF THE SMALL ARTIFACTS WE WOULD HAVE GOT OUT OF THEM ONCE WE HAD A DDRILL AND WERE IDING DIGS AS FAST AS WE COULD GET TO THE NEST MINING GIT OUT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

You just discovered this ?

All codebases have vore mechanics, but they're restricted to xenomorphs and badly maintained. Only VORE had the gall to update them

Sawbones is one of the most robust players on the server. Everyone saying otherwise are babbies who got beat.

It only gets me a little hard when I play xeno.

I smash them all each time

same

>normal shit
>perverts immediately start to say its fetishistic

desu degenerates needs to hang.

if you're creepy enough about it the xeno might vomit you back up and kill you the normal way, and that hurts a lot less

I'll believe you when I see Sawbones do something robust. If he WAS robust, he's not when I'm on.

you are the reason why i rush to the diamond drill
get spacecucked you nerd

See also Meteors.

He just doesn't fuck with sec in the same way.

Sawbones isn't even close to robust

Yeah I've seen that picture posted a few times, but nothing else

that was a fun shift

Spacing rnd on roundstart. Thanks for ruining it for everyone cu/ck/. Go microwave your dock pockets and cry into your sonic jack

>You'll never escape a xeno by erping so nastiily he pukes you up and fumbles the tackle.

I literally delete half the asteroid every time I mine. Cry about it.

I've killed him a few times, he's not the hardest to beat.

>tfw every time I go up against him all I can think about is how he beat me on the draw

Fucking unbelievable how fast that guy can be. I wish I got up against him more often so I could learn about how to fuck his shit up, but I'm almost never on when he is.

No he is. He's a powergaming faggot on top of it so it's easy to make excuses on why he does some of this shit.

No he isn't tabling/tiling new players and people who don't fight back at all doesn't make you robust

sawbones is an extremely aggressive player
you can immediately tell he's an antag because he's welderbombed something or scrubgloved someone literally two minutes on, then tries to attack a sec officer with stungloves or something retarded because it's the first thing he had in hand
which leads to him spoiling the roundtype and being cremated 10 minutes in
especially since plasmamen don't have retarded flash protection anymore

> someone spaces RnD
well, time to use the gibtonite on those artifacts

also sawbones is in suicide watch ever since tabling was fixed

You act like I don't powergame ruin site and get a drill 5 minutes in, even if I don't find one I will just gibonite all your shit

No it doesn't, it makes you a powergaming faggot and easy for people who get rekt to complain about how you're not really robust.

He is robust though. He's fast and aggressive like said. I wouldn't be surprised if all of his robustitude comes from being on ADHD meds, but it's there.

people keep calling me a power gamer and i don't know what I do
what I do

youtu.be/QZX6oLEK5KQ?t=8

youtube.com/watch?v=b2uzW19DZd0

Don't you just want to shitmin it up and replace a fuckload of sounds with this mid round?

>SPS goes off
youtu.be/r-YOIIrVJE0?t=2
>starts playing

Sawbones you're really trying to defend yourself hard, its not working

fast and aggressive doesn't mean robust
which is why I said he spoils the gamemode and gets himself cremated 10 minutes in
he literally throws the game by trying to tile an officer to death

it ain't me

stop meming this is not the time for that meme

Why is changeling so shit

Yeah because 3 hour stealthling is way better than Sawbones throwing the station into chaos and forcing everyone's hand.

He usually comes back three times per ling round too.

>Let's add a stealth-based antag
>that husks people so they can't come back to the round
>has a refillable parapen
>and massively benefits from sucking off monkeymen for two hours
It's exactly what you would write down with if you were trying to come up with the worst combination of concepts possible for a gamemode

strawpoll.me/10105001

>one dumbfuck revealing that it's ling and getting beheaded 10 minutes in after welderbombing brig entrance is better than an actual antagonist
i'm going to have to tell you to stop shitposting

>people talk about sawbones being all that
>whenever I play, he's always an easy door crush as soon as he tips his hand, which is always fast

That's never actually happened at all, man, stop being so lame.

Sorry you have a massive hate-boner for someone who floor tiled you.

Not the guy you replied to, but I have seen him do it, and so have plenty of others

>No fullwindows on map
>Outdated code
>Little to no rp

why is this server popular again?

T. Hippiestation player

>braindead med
topkek

stop shitposting, it's not even good shitposting

Nostalgic oldfags who think they can get the server they had a few years ago, people who enjoy waifushit, and pure autist density since the server is advertised to a site with a large userbase who would be interested in the game.

also

>hippie fag complaining about no RP

Yes it does.

>play plasmaman for the sole purpose of round start space suit so you can space yourself at will and carry around metal rods all the time to maneuvre in space
>Extensively abuse floor tiles and table top wrestling before it was nerfed

I'm not Sawbones. I'm just impressed with Sawbones because he's outright fucked my shit up more than most people have. I wouldn't say he's the most robust person on station, I'd say Julia Oppenheimer is the most robust person I've gone up against, but Sawbones is better than most.

You're not even good at shitposting just stop

>little to no rp
>Hippiestation player

nice bait, Sarca

When are you going to shitpost about removing stuns and adding player animations some more?

If you got fucked up by sawbones, you're a retard. For fucks sakes, even shitty unrobust faggots like Spergay have pushed his shit in multiple times.

Actually, it isn't that funny. It's true. The trash of the past can tell you a LOT about the lives they lived, the materials they had available, what they ate, etc.
If I worked at making the ad lib random artifact Dwarf Fortress style history fluff descriptions of smalls and larges follow a more anthropological approach, would Veeky Forumsstation like that? Or is that too spergy, autistic, and Bay-tier?

Here's what I was thinking of for a small artifact description, if put on an anomaly scanner, for fluff. Remove most of the spectroscopy machines and replace them with anomaly scanners, so the anomaly scanner becomes an all-in-one machine for analysis of smalls and larges alike.
For a simple urn small artifact, this is what I imagine it would say on the report, all randomly generated, of course:
>This is an oddly shaped urn, with hooks as handles. it is composed of sand and iron clay.
>There are traces of organic residue at the bottom of the urn. Radiocarbon dating of this residue shows it to be at least 26 million years old. >Preliminary testing of this residue shows it is composed primarily of simple honey, and what appears to be a kind of venom.
>On the outside of the urn, there is a picture painted with a lead-based paint mixed with brightly colored pollen, displaying a war scene.
>The war scene appears to be two groups of creatures: one that looks strangely "bee" like in nature, and another that looks like a bunch of crystals. The bees are stabbing the crystals with swords and their own stingers, and the crystals seem to be glowing a bright red light that is hurting the bees.
>Judging from all of this, we can safely say that there was a war between the Crystallines and Apioids 26 million years ago, and this urn is one of the bee people's.

I don't think chloral auto-injectors count at all

do everybody a favor and stop

0/10
do you even bait?

Robustitude is measured in results. When two forces collide, the most robust one wins.
It doesn't matter what other people think of the methods used. The perceived fairness of the items used doesn't matter.
When an item is said to be robust, it quite simply means that it's a very strong item in the right hands.
This is the only way to measure robustness.

>Judging from all of this, we can safely say that there was a war between the Crystallines and Apioids 26 million years ago, and this urn is one of the bee people's.
Don't do this, let the players make their own conclusions.

>>No fullwindows on map
What did he meme by this? We have plenty of fullwindows in Box

but I'm not shitposting

And who are you famalam

I think he's more robust than most people on station. He's quicker than almost everybody. He lands more hits in both ranged and melee combat than most, and he can follow it up pretty well. His biggest problem is that he can't think ahead at all and does stupid shit, but his mechanical skill more than makes up for this in most cases. And his stupid plasmaman bullshit.

you first

>using a parapen makes you robust because it's a strong item

>blob is now immune to lasers and flashbangs
>only melee does anything to it now

Who wants to take bets how long it will take for the idiot coders to fix this one?

>Someone made the blob immune to lasers and emitters
But why?

No, no. The parapen is a robust ITEM. It doesn't make you robust. What makes you robust is pulling through with it.