Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward General /xivg/

>Patch Notes:
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/patchnote_log

>Patch 3.3 Revenge of the Horde & Yokai Watch Collab Preview
forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/291208-Letter-from-the-Producer-LIVE-Part-XXIX-Update-Thread

>Resources, Guides, Free Companies and Linkshells:
pastebin.com/QbM2rKQn

Previously on /xivg/:

au ra boypussy

xth for dank memes

I was doing a 0chest a6s yesterday and these were wipes but this was halfway through vortexer, you actually don't understand how much foes gives

I really don't care for this argument but i'm just saying

how do you unlock minfillias hair style?

get your shit together for this thread you retards

I look forward to befriending Ippiki!

You buy it from Mog Station.

EBIN PROGRESS REPORT

LEAD
VIC'S SIC STATIC
-A7S
-Cute cat lewd cat
-The only nice person in the running

SECOND PLACE
STRATOS
-Doesn't need a static, his toes will fill the rest of his party
-Is a good player when he's not "having a bad night"
-baby bitch boy got kicked by the gargoyle queen

THIRD PLACE
Proci's MEME TEME
-Saw vortexer... a week ago
-The Kings of XIVG and Raiding
-Inheritors of the Rare Ex throne

FOURTH PLACE
Moni Backstabbaroni
-Will backstab his group before they get to a7s
-"working on vortexer"

FIFTH PLACE
Iri's Team Source: My Ass
-Shitters with personality
-NOT boring
-Stuck on brawler but this static is dead without stratos and algy to carry them

SHIT PLACE
Guffy's TEAM OF BACKTABBERS
-Somehow makes the Meme Teme look good
-Gamemaster Guffy Guffs will lead Rare Ex to a brighter tomorrow
-Almost has the "brawler clear"

WHO WILL CLEAR A8S FIRST? WHO WILL CLEAR BEFORE ECHO? LALA FOR LALA, SUGI IS REPLACED BY KUMFI. WILL THIS SAVE THE MEME TEME? FIND OUT NEXT TIME!

Buy the Antecedent's Attire, or whatever the Minfillia costume is.

>ebin static
>has 1 ebin
que?

Highlanders

>more shekels
holy fucking shit why??

xth for lizard kisses

To be fair if he was talking about parsers and the effect they had on WoW instead of XIV, he would actually have a valid point.

In WoW parsers came before high DPS checks and not the other way around. When parsers started existing people started caring about DPS for content that doesn't need super high DPS at all. Additionally Blizzard only started to make tight DPS checks because people were making tools to optimize the fuck out of DPS.

It is kinda like how mythic raiding is straight-up designed around raiders that use loads and loads of add-ons.

If we're just doing "statics that happen to have people from Veeky Forums in them" why don't we put Rheia, Suav, Abe and Harp's statics in here too

Underrated post.

why do you need the hair?

>Algy carrying anyone with that DPS
>Stratos being on a perpetual bad night

Hmm

/pet tummy

>or tanks shit on each other that much
Dude, you don't even know. Tanks shit on each other more than any more.

Kinda hot tbqh. Kinda.

Gotta get them other games in development.

>Duty finder PUG

Well this was a pleasant experience.

I was certain it's a Shanapost

I'm liking the latency more than anything so far

I think it'll look okay on the midlander I'm working on.

He's right and wrong, mostly wrong. People should have fun and at the same time play your best. You don't need to have as much DPS as the top 1 in FFLogs. If you can, then that's great. Although people should get good if their DPS is below average. While parses can be used for good criticism, he's right about parses being used for harassment, however.
This game really needs in-game parsing though.

it's fucking beautiful when people do that boss correctly

the dusk vigil one is really nice too but I've never seen a tank do it right

guess if you want it you can pay for it

idk why everyone cries about having to pay this game's "idiot tax" for mediocre cosmetics they think they need

>Valsi will never bring you a Jimmy John's sandwich with extra tomatoes after making you cum a third time

>idk why everyone cries about having to pay this game's "idiot tax" for mediocre cosmetics they think they need
Because "I pay muh $15 subscription +2 extra retainers, I deserve these extra vanity things!"

tfw ready to befriend the berk

RUKI WILL YOU PLEASE STEP ON ME

>tfw caved in and rented my first retainer
I hate it but at least I dont have to worry about space no more.

>only cleared a6s last week
>normie static where I consistently outdps the drg as a mch
>we always die to stupid things
>look at this thread and feel better now

>responding to ERPlords

S T O P

i mean yeah in a perfect world they'd be acquirable in-game but

they're all shit. why WOULDN'T you want idiots throwing more money at the game for pointless crap?

besides let's be real, if they had put them in-game everyone would moan that "ALL THE MOUNTS ARE JUST RECOLORS / RESKINS WTF THIS GAME HAS NO CONTENT"

Damage meters are only cancerous in PUGs. FFLogs is an entirely unnecessary service only used to measure e-peen.

The primary concern of most static recruitment is "can this guy do enough DPS?" not "he needs to parse top 10 on FFLogs". Only in PF PUGs is where you see parser harassment, because everyone wants to be carried, and people don't want to waste their time wiping 100 times.

I fucking hate people that harass another person because their DPS isn't good enough for them, but it's good enough to down the content. You literally can't ask for anything else.

Please don't tell me he's on Balmung. Please don't tell me he went to fucking Balmung and is about to taint my RP hotspot with his shitty self. Please tell me he's not about to creep up on my real life sister who plays this game and spends her time casually chatting with people in Ul'dah as she crafts.

Please.

>Gordian Ramsay

The King of Thirst
IS
BACK

>unironically playing on Gilgamesh
>unironically playing on Balmung

You guys do this to yourselves. It only takes $18 to get yourselves out of those hotspots and get to somewhere better.

>ERPlords

How can I be an erplord when I dont erp?

someone activate the trap card quick

don't make me laugh, abo

How/why would you play on a server "ironically"?

mateus

wait who

i was gone for awhile

That didn't answer anything.

>that creepy degenerate ogre smile

Threadly dose

Can someone help me out here? A blm parsed 1800 according to act but fflogs said he only did 1200. Why is there a gigantic gap? A6s btw.

Is this thing getting bigger each time its posted?

Probably something wrong with ACT

your ACT is reseting between each boss instead of being parsed as one large encounter

adam meinhardt

if the box i have highlighted is at 6 seconds, the encounter will time out after 6 seconds so the downtime between bosses or otherwise will not be counted

the other thing with fflogs is that it calculates dots differently, and overkill is not counted in logs, so if you're using flare on like the swindler adds when they're all at 15% already and it overkills the fuck out of them you'll see a significant drop when you upload the log

combination of those two things

Whats your full name if you don't mind me asking, I'll send you a whisper after my WoW raid and we can chill and shit

>captcha is a stop sign

fflogs doesn't count overkill damage.
When the BLM casts a Flare on an add that has 1% HP left, the Flare would count the full (lets use a random number and say it'd do 50% of the adds damage) 50% damage that it can possibly do on ACT but fflogs gets rid of "overkill" damage and only counts the 1% that is actual DPS being dealt to a mob

That picture made me laugh way more than it had any right to.

The other people parsing had the same numbers. I'm hella confused rn.

It was a 9:35 clear with 20 second gaps, my encounters aren't split unless there's a 45 second gap.

>overkill
That might be it. But to account for 600 dps?
Also mine is set to 45.

Thanks for the suggestions anons.

see

I highly agree. People have such very high standards about these things that I get so underwhelmed about the thought of raiding.

>Facility
I'm so sorry.

No they wouldn't because it's extra shit. People moan about reskins when it's a a piece of content that's a part of SE's pattern only this time instead of the reward being something new, it's just a reskin, that's lazy.
The stuff on the shop would just be more shit. Most of the stuff on there that I want but refuse to pay for isn't the reskin stuff anyway, the Odin mount for example would be cool as fuck if that was unlocked in Urth's Fount but no, got to give them sheckels for it, fuck that.
Besides, people complain about the shop items being reskins anyway, what difference does it make having people complain that they're in-game items? Same shit to me.

i have no idea then, might be an issue with the website and it'd probably be easier to see if i could actually look at the report myself but i doubt you want to post your static's parse here or anything

but your idea doesn't give square enix more money when the idiots pay for every new thing that comes out

guess which way is better?

People will find ways to complain about everything, they're never satisfied.
Right now, people are pissing over the collab even though it's a free thing. They're making it such a big problem.

i think there's some bug with the third bot and the height ability where the damage he suffers (or other party members i think, not sure what abilities suffer from this) is shown to have been dealt by him rather than the boss

Unfortunately I wouldn't want to do that. Sorry. :|

>Valsi
>Doesn't ERP
>has 30 milloin comissions with Lance
>has 30 million of their own comissions from xiv and other games
>all of it feet shit

It's one thing for blatant erp'rs to say that they are pure but it's another for someone to have hundreds, if not thousands of dollars in lewd artwork done for them

send help
lala menace is invading

Sixth time in a row too!

I'm starting to think the other dungeons were merely holograms that took place within the Facility.

But in all honesty it's not SO bad. It's the excessive repetition that's kind of saddening me out.

Also getting petrified so often.

anyone lose a lightbulb

With bad taste in artists to boot.

but being able to parse high means there's a much better chance of having little issue with dps checks, and much more comfort in early progression

If "enough DPS to down it" is 1300 on X job, but Y job is expected to do 1200, and you have a literal god who does 1600 on X job, you can deal with having somebody who underperforms on Y job a bit and vice versa. there is a lot of parse elitism but I 100% understand the appeal of wanting somebody who does very good DPS instead of someone who does "enough"

well, if you open the damage done table for your BLM and post a screencap (looks like this) I'd probably be able to tell just from that, but if it's not clear to see there, then the website is really fucked.

Who?

I want to draw Au'ru and duskwight boys...

>au'ru
nigger, what?

fuck off abe

Just watch him join Veeky Forums-RareX and get himself kicked from the static in the span of a month.

Then he'll go to Gilgamesh.

First night in M2S; pretty chaotic, but we managed to see through basically the end of Brawler so I'm pretty happy for first night of it. Time to throw ourselves at it until we get it all down bit by bit.

Defensive maneuver: pet Lala head

Suav and Abe already cleared, nobody keeps up with Rheia's group, and Harp doesn't have a group I don't think

Yeah I know, I'm not arguing which is better for SE, of course making idiots pay for shit that should be in-game will make them more money. I'm just bitching how shitty that is.

I'm going to be honest and say that I don't really like the collab shit either, it's incredibly tacky to me, but I don't really care enough about it to be pissed off over it. I'm glad it's not cash shop though, I'm still genuinely surprised it isn't.

good luck mado

rarex is gone, though.

Is there any point in doing every side quest in every HW area? I just got to the area after the second HW dungeon am i still have a lot more to do in the previous area.

In case you haven't noticed those are all Balmung groups

>M2S
{Stop!}

A6S.

Thanks for playing, see you next time.

Who?

Did he die to height error, It counts as personal damage

It's that or your parse reset halfway through the fight

i'm not abe. fuck off to an e-celeb general if you want to shitpost.

>tfw completely forgot about height error

>implying Floor 6
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Nope. I have height error redirecting to Swindler anyway. And unfortunately no it didn't split.

>want to level my monk
>20 minute wait and counting on LLDR

Dead fucking game

Oh man, I haven't seen Mado in a long long time.

Sorreh I just prefer calling them Midas floors so I use M1/M2 etc, but yeah I know generally most people stick to A5+ due to old Coil nomenclature.

Thanks! We're a bit casual and this like only our 6th (might be 7th I'm losing track) night of raiding, but I'm proud of our progress thus far.