/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

The Schnozzman Cometh edition

PREY SLAUGHTERED >Patch 1.09 Info
jp.playstation.com/op/bloodborne/news/2015/12/update109.html

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/
Official PvP Chalice: hizzngr3 (Pthumeru Root)
/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/0snncqEdOrdJNW6S
youtube.com/watch?v=vlAfsT_p1tU
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EXGIWRHO8lgeHRyb8fzDMeKPpuzyWGq-HA9v-udWRYg/edit#gid=0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

1st for the moonlight

2nd for Yuri
Also thanks to the guy who helped me grind out vertebra shackles

So can we talk about das3 or is it taboo?

Has anyone played Infra Arcana? What did you guys think of it?

No problem senpai, got muh trophy thanks to you

You can if you want, ignore the one dude who occasionally spergs out

Ahh

L O R E P O S T
why do we think ebi is the source of the blood?

isnt the altar of the rom like guy (altar of despair) possibly the source of HEALING BLOOD? it brings people back to life and or heals them. well, heals the smashed up remains of an immortal queen.

maybe ebi is just down there also, or guarding it, or using it for her own ends.

Wasn't it stated she's a 'left behind' Great One? At least, that's from what I recall. She has no real way to leave that cave, so its possible they played around with her blood and the abilities of the Altar. We only used the altar to reverse time on the Queens flesh, who knows what else it could do.

maybe ebi, DAUGHTER of the cosmos, was even spawned at the altar and isnt even a traditional old one.

thats definitely reading into it too much, but i'm just saying.

wouldnt healing blood come from the altar that heals the queen? possibly?

Wasn't it said Laurence's Skull was the starting point/surge that caused the Healing Church? Not Laurence himself but his weird beastly skull.

If Ebi was the source of Healing Blood, why would Laurence's skull be the final push? Why not he himself or Ebi herself if ..let's say he found Ebi underground, or the altar.

>Wasn't it said Laurence's Skull was the starting point/surge that caused the Healing Church? Not Laurence himself but his weird beastly skull.
i'm not sure, where does it say that? the item laurence's skill doesnt say that i just checked.

not trying to doubt you, just curious.

and what do you mean exactly by your last line?

What are you guys up to?

Having some tea and ringing at the Fishing Hamlet hoping for some good ole fashioned pvp action.

Helping people out with Rom. Took me forever to beckon someone there. Guy just died to a fucking Garden of Eyes rught before Rom...

In the official guide Miyazaki confirms his skull was the Starting point!

Well, say Ebi WAS the source of the healing blood. Wouldn't she be the thing that pushed the start of the healing church? Not his Skull? Since the church loves to flaunt the notion that they can heal you of almost any ailment. If Laurence found Ebi and showed her and her blood's abilities to his followers, surely it'd a huge event in time for them.

Ebi could also (maybe) be a grieving Great One? Seeing as you can only go to her location after you kill Rom and go to Yar-har-har to get the Upper Cathedral Key. She seems to be laying her head beside the statue that looks like Rom. Maybe Rom is like an ascended Kin/Child to Ebi? Not likely, but just throwing out ideas.

Perhaps the statue IS Rom and she's trying to revive it somehow.

Didn't she birth a Great One? Pretty sure it seems accurate to say that was Rom.

Possible. It's confirmed that Rom was once Human/Kin before she ascended to a full Great One.
As it is stated that the GOs are sympathetic to humans and their plight but also repelled by their beastly nature (before indulging in the blood) plus it might be feasible that GOs can assist in ascention PLUS it has been stated that GOs yearn for children.
Ultimately, GOs might have emotions similar to us humans so it'd be feasible that Ebi just wanted someone to wub and huggle.

Also, regarding the blood:
Dont forget that "normal" humans are also sources of blood. Adella and Arianna offer you their blood and it has healing properties. Iosefka seems to have "produced" healing blood somehow. Annalise (too many A names, gosh) makes you a VB by drinking her blood, which presumably eventually turns you immortal. But her powers came from the Old Blood, so that doesnt really count I presume.

ok the guide says this

is the guide definitely canon?

>why do we think ebi is the source of the blood?
Because the game said so.
Source: Gilbert's dialogue plus the Isz chalice's descirption.

>Dont forget that "normal" humans are also sources of blood.
idk if they are source sources or just vessels for blood though

So she is the source then. I just find it very odd she was not the 'face' so to say of the Healing Church, instead it was Laurence's skull.

But yes it's canon.

It's not canon but they are not wrong in this case.
I mean how can you even think the skull is the source of the old blood when is clearly the after effect of said old blood.

ok not to be an ass but gilbert i think we should take with a grain of salt, and the great isz chalices just say that the great isz is the cornerstone of the church which doesnt mean blood comes from ebi, unless i'm missing something.

but guide is canon i guess so ebi is the source so forget everything i said i guess...

Oh! No no. I don't think it was the source. I definitely agree it was an after-effect. I was merely questioning why he was the pushing point to create the church, and not Ebi herself.

i'm not the user that said the skull is the blood.

are all me

i don't think the skull is the source idk where that user is getting that. but its late and im a bit drunk so idk if i'm just not following his posts very well or what.

and if guide ISN'T canon then i still don't know where in game it says ebi is the source, though i did think that so im not saying shes definitely not.

i was literally trying to ask why we thought she was, not say she definitely isn't.

just what if we wall assumed so and were wrong?

But wasn't it stated that the Old Blood was discovered in the Labyrinth/Tombs?
So Ebrietas dwelled there with the Ptumerians until someone got down there and discovered her?
Who discovered the Tombs again? Hunters? Random nignogs?

The guide is not canon, is just ENB interpretation based on Gilbert's dialogue and the Isz chalice's description.
If you want to ignore the facts well go ahead.

>If you want to ignore the facts well go ahead.
??? ignore which facts

i'm not trying to argue with you i'm honestly curious.

Ok my bad, I think is just a symbol really, I mean after all is the First Vicar.

So, I'm looking at making my first fight club sort of build and actually participate in these for the first time in the entire history of souls for me. So I hear 120 is the level meta for these sorts of things, but does that mean I need to be exactly 120 or in range of 120?

Gilbert's dialogue.
Is common knowledge for everyone in Yharnam so you can take his word for truth.
So how do we know Ebrietas is the source?
Well we know that Laurence left Willem because they found this blood source, fear the old blood.
And the Isz's chalice said that is the first of the Great Chalice and the start of the Healing Church and they also found a Great One, Ebrietas.
Now if you take all of this you can safetly say that Ebrietas is the source of the Healing Blood in Yharnam.

Buffoons. Utter imbeciles. They got what they deserved.

More specifically about this, if my build is 125, will that interfere with fight clubs?

98 is /bbg/'s level meta. 125 will not interfere with you fighting in the fight club, but you will definitely get shit for it.

Our fight club has a Discord chat, and you can probably ask there if you have any more questions, be prepared to get memed at, though.

discord.gg/0snncqEdOrdJNW6S

>98
But why? Is it so that we don't have 50 VIT/40 END / 50 damage stat?

Many of us are over 98, though. 98 is just the level a good number of us are due to the level metas back around release.

You'll find people all over the spectrum from 98 to 120, and 98s won't be able to invade you.

You will never need 40 END for anything in Bloodborne.

Isn't that the stamina softcap? I figured that'd be pretty important.

40 is the stamina hardcap.

Well right, but still. That doesn't really mean anything in bloodborne?

No. You'll never need that much END. 15 is good for most builds, and 20 is more than enough for most builds.

Jeez, seriously? Well, on my first playthrough I went through most of the game just having 20, but I did wind up getting 40 (that character was like level 150 though since it was pve only) and it seemed to make a world of difference. I figured that the fight clubs would be 50/40/50 minmaxes or something.

Stamina doesn't hardcap at 40 in Bloodborne. That's only DeS and DkS1. In Bloodborne and DkS3, it continues to increase very slowly after 40.

People here mostly PvP at BL 98, where you don't have enough stat points for 40 End to be worth getting. Also most weapons in Bloodborne are weighted quality. I.E., you want 50 in one scaling stat and 25 in another. So a typical Strength build will look like 50/20/50/25/-/-, rather than 50/40/50/-/-/-.

I'm making a 99 END build for the memes, I will tell you exactly where stamina hardcaps when I hit 99 END.

According to Mugenmonkey, Stamina hardcaps at 40 END, 160 stamina. And then runes can add to that.

I go with 20 and I am more than satisfied with that.

Dont spam your shit and you'll be fine with 20 end. Learn 2 git gud if you dont.

What kind of runes would you focus on if you're trying to use Simon's Bowblade? Bringing more QS bullets and more blood vials to convert into QS?

It hardcaps at 99 with 170 stamina.

all these posts about Ebi.
>started BB again yesterday
>got help for /bbg/
>come one /bbg/ today
> ebi, ebi, ebi
>mfw my actual name is ebi
for a second there i thought i had suddenly become a meme

so this game is as hard as people shitpost about or what?

no

Is there a chart or calculator for hunter tool numbers from arcane scaling?

Probably just the usual hp/end runes in PvP. You can bring QS bullets as one of the runes but you'd just get an instant 5 off blood bulleting anyway. PvE though, go with whatever.

m a j e s t i c
a
j
e
s
t
i
c

Yeah but it's in Japanese and you'll need an Excel program.

darksouls2verificationdata.web.fc2.com/simulator-bloodborne.xlsx

>Whirligig Crutch
If you want to cheese, just use poison.

Hey BB friends, DS PC player here, and I was wondering was there ever any news regarding Bloodborne coming to the PC? DS3 really isn't doing it for me, and feels like a huge stepdown.

No, it's never coming to PC. It's a Sony exclusive and it will stay that way until emulators for the ps4 get released, which will be a few decades form now.

NEVER EVER

EVER

GOING BACK TOGETHER

This is definitely bait but it is a huge step down from BB, and it won't get better until the fall at the earliest at summer next year at the latest.

I actually feel pretty bad for the minority of PC players that aren't colossal faggots, getting burned twice by From within the span of a year.

I'm honestly asking. I just uninstalled DS3, couldn't even push myself to do a second run. I beat BB on a friend's PS4, and it's amazing how much of a step backwards DS3 was.

DS is not BB after all. BBs gameplay is purposefully different. The only issue I have with DS3 is that it looks as clunky and stale as DS2. I hoped for some smoother movement and animations.

hi guys.
Total newbie here and I have a couple of questions.
1) what is a good "build" for a first timer? Is there any weapon that is more beginner-friendly than others?
2) What the heck do all the different stats do?

>what is a good "build" for a first timer?
45 str
20 end
24 skill
50 str
You can also reverse skill and strenght.

>What the heck do all the different stats do?
Use the select button to read the descriptions.

45 vit*

alrighty. But why those numbers though?
Is it because that will allow me to use most weapons or?

Each one of these stats is softcapped or hardcapped. If you exceed these numbers you might become overleveled and have less online interactions.
I excluded bloodtinge and arcane because these are for specific builds that require more knowledge of the game.
Strength/skill builds are just as functional, but easier to do.

Oh I see. Thanks a lot dude

No problem.
About the weapons, pretty much everything is viable, just experiment with the movesets and find out which ones you prefer, then increase your stats accordingly.

Playing Doom for the past 2 days, the first Doom, I mean. Finally got around to getting a source port and Doom, Doom2, Hexen and Heretic wads.

Tried to run a level that was exclusively 100,000 Revenants, laptop couldn't handle it.

Whatchya doin, /bbg/?

Well I just found out that Adella will try to kill you if you drink too much of Arianna's blood so my perception of this game has shifted once again.

So let me get this straight.

The Ashen One can roll around an arena in full plate and take direct attacks from giant monsters to the face, but he cannot move while looking through binoculars?

Strength =/= Coordination

STOP BREAKING YOUR IMMERSION IT'S A VIDEOGAME REEEEEEEEEEEEE

Does killing the shadows of Yarnham cause henryk and eileen to disappear? Because they have.
I can get the rune on NG+ but still, it's annoying

Anyone wanna take on Defiled Amy? Pass is kosm.

Oh lawdy I'm on my way, let me prepare some stuff

I got her down famygdala, no worries.

Well shit, good job mane

youtube.com/watch?v=vlAfsT_p1tU

A huge step down? From what, 2?

I need screenshots. Screenshots of pretty femhunters!

No such thing

Got mine off a reddit, admittedly. I aint got the patience for fucking sliders. So I copied one.

That looks pretty sweet.

Not a hoonter but let's be honest you'd be hard pressed to find a face that looked objectively better than this.

You joking, faggot? That looks like a fucking ayylmao.
The first 3 faces form the sliders doc already beat the shit out of that monster you've posted

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EXGIWRHO8lgeHRyb8fzDMeKPpuzyWGq-HA9v-udWRYg/edit#gid=0

what is it with these nerds and white haired girls?

Fate is really popular in moonland atm

Holy shit you have atrociously bad taste. Please never reply to me again, thank you.