/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steamgroup. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steamgroup, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, May 4th:
1493 – Pope Alexander VI divides the New World between Spain and Portugal along the Line of Demarcation.
1799 – Fourth Anglo-Mysore War: The Battle of Seringapatam: The siege of Seringapatam ends when the city is invaded and Tipu Sultan killed by the besieging British army, under the command of General George Harris.
1814 – Emperor Napoleon I of France arrives at Portoferraio on the island of Elba to begin his exile.
1945 – World War II: The German surrender at Lüneburg Heath includes all Wehrmacht units in the Netherlands, Denmark and northwest Germany.

>News
HoI4 DD54 - AI
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/hearts-of-iron-iv-development-diary-54-ai.924168/

EU4 DD April 28
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-28th-of-april-2016.923918/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive
mega.co.nz/#F!WZZFXDyT!yyb25ZuLdLs0B8vhoKS3LA

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>EU4 - BDSM
pastebin.com/vYbnKvK2

>>[CK2 - 2.4.5] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - 7 Years v0.1
pastebin.com/tsPsr70u

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.3.3 - 21/03/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V7
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2] Many Houses Divided - v 0.0.1.1
dropbox.com/s/jso7qa1c4ystej7/MHD.rar

>>[CK2] The Winter King v1.3.2
mediafire.com/download/ihvha395z0q87oc/BTWK_1.3.2.zip

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SLMJpHihykI
aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=8568.0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

Nicky

KR is fucking shit

Found it before your post, actually.

This is going to be fun.

daily reminder

do troops in foreign lands with military access get black flag'd when declaring a war?

Pretty sure that yes

But Rome2 isn't a game.

That's very rude user;_;

STELLARIS -- greatest grand strategy game to date???

Yes.
Remember that boats count as friendly territory.

yes

yarr vikings
or whatever sound vikings do

So who else gonna pirate Stellaris because they refuse to give into Johan the Jew?

reminder: stellaris is a grand strategy game. anyone who claims otherwise is a literal reddit immigrant

Yep

undoubtedly

>Implying reddit doesn't LOVE Stellaris

I like Stellaris too, but let's not jump into the stale "if you disagree you're a redditor" meme.

definitely

>mfw i outjew the swedish jew

t. reddit

checking in

haha iz cute ferrit :-DD

stellaris

How do you get that CB?

Is it just me or does nothing seem to happen on these Stellaris streams except a whole bunch of bad jokes?

I'm actually hyped to pirate the game but theres nothing I see on stream where I'm like 'ohh thats fukn sick' ... just a whole bunch of micromanaging building tiles by the looks

>4X Games
>On Grand Strategy General
Go home, kids

pls buy stellaris

And now you're gonna get shitposted to death by shills.
Why do I even still post on this general?

See

Feel the same way... i like the purge thing desu.

Stop falling for obvious bait
Do what the first post says

>why do you have pictures of me on your computer user ?
How do you respond ?

Post best marching songs to listen to when playing Vicky II

youtube.com/watch?v=SLMJpHihykI

well, during my independence war both the war of roses and lollards rose up in england, while their troops were in scandinavia
so from there england didn't recover and changed dynasties a bunch of times, until they got mine
I have "new monarch" event on "pop up and pause" so I can catch people without heirs
England had my dynasty and no heir, so I instantly claimed their throne, waited for truce to go up, declared war

aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=8568.0
How horrible.
Aurora C# when.

>stellaris
>4X

Well even if it's bait, it's still 90% of the posts in the thread. So is it really worth it to stay here?

>Implying that this doesn't apply to all gsg

It's all map painting with the occasional liquor mana and dynastic warfare thrown in senpai.

anyone else just feel like taking their wedding ring off and getting on antidepressants from time to time? appearances can be so deceiving...

preorder stellaris

pls buy stellaris

I've just stopped playing the games now, whenever I get the urge to, I just load up a blank Vic 2 map and draw the borders I was going to make anyway and it allows me to actually move on with my life quicker

auld my ass :DDDD

Why I am talking to myself?

>Steam says so!
Do you also believe Civilization and Total War are Grand Strategy? Come on lad, this isn't Reddit. We'll have no Stellaris here.

anyone else just feel like sawing their son's hands off and throwing him out the window from time to time? appearances can be so deceiving...

I know that feeling, my wife son gets on my nerves all the time, and when I try too scold him, that bastard plays the fucking race card.

t. Shen Internet Defense Force

Daily reminder to report and ignore posts that imply Arumba is a child molester/bad husband or a bad guy in general.

Arumba is cucked?

France, I...

>We'll have no Stellaris here.
I'm terribly sorry this displeases you user, but people are going to post Stellaris here, and there's nothing you can do to stop that.

>some autist on the internet says so!
Do you also believe ck2 and eu4 aren't Grand Strategy? Come on lad, this isn't Reddit. We'll have all the Stellaris you'll ever need here.

Because this is Paradox General, has been since 2012.

nobody give a fuck about the eternals
D:

delet this
t. eternal anglo

t.

>meme snake
>blobbing into britain
>hasn't even taken the rest of scandinavia
>hasn't even taken estonia
literally wew

Why those tentacles into Russian, my addicted lad?

Reminder that the ottomans will be in Stellaris.

LOL

Is masturbating a grand strategy game?

yes

>natural intellectuals

lads is meiou & taxes any good

seems like a fukken mess desu

How difficult would it be to mod HPMs genocide decisions into a megacampaign game?

t. complete retard regarding everything to do with software

well I no longer get any enjoyment from grand strategy games so I suppose it's similar in that aspect.

It's the best mod around. But it slows down any PC.

I don't understand what you mean. HPM already has decisions and if you do it I guess it will stay the same when you import it to HoI? Or do you want to do it in EU-CK?

masturbating is like a facebook game or candy crush or something - fun for a while until you're doing it all the time and you're a heap on the ground having lost all your money on microtransactions

Syagrius is indeed the most likely and most fun Roman to restore the Empire with. Once we add Italy, we will just make Gaul shift to the regular Roman Empire if Honorius wins his war, and it will get less memey. The movement speed is due to our provinces being smaller tracts of land than in the regular game, and the unit misalignments are simply bugs and oversights which will be fixed. If you want to help, you could give a list of provinces which have this error.

The mod has only had a small bug-fixing update since it was posted in the sticky here, so no big new features.

That's right. It is very important for raiders (and people fighting ordinary wars hoping to gain gold from plundering holdings) to time their attacks well. In summer and especially autumn, provinces are the rightest and raiding is the most worthwhile.

Yikes, I'm sorry for being so vague. I'm very tired right now.

I want to use HPMs genocide decisions (during vicky2) for my Ck2-Vicky2 game, how difficult would it be to add them to a normal vanilla game?

Hey lads i have changed my locale to japan so the alt+21 does not open console. Anyone knows how to open the console without changing the locale?

you mean for your keyboard?

I'd try finding the decisions/event in HPM's folder and moving them to the vanilla folder. There is probably also some modifiers you need to move so don't forget them. Or it's possible someone already made a genocide minimod for V2?

Nevermind, i managed it.

lad, vicky is more important than nukige

because memes
but mostly to just fuck em up; they were getting too gross off of the commonwealth fucking up

priorities

Yes. My keyboard is portuguese but the system locale changes the settings for the alt+ command.
I just had to look to what character alt+21 is tied to and looked for it on the keyboard. It's this one §.

pls buy stellaris

Honestly if you don't buy Stellaris you're a fucking reddit fedora atheist

Lads my computer says 5/4/2016 as the date. I don't know if it uses the American system or rest of the world system. Are we in the 4th month or 5th month?

Last night some guy was asking about Argentina in HPM and I decided to give it a go.
How do you actually beat Buenas Aires? When I try to ignore the army and just siege, they just chase my ass down and kill me.

5th month

Thanks

Allies, some heavy military investment

Don't worry though, if you lose you ain't losing the game
You just don't pick your government

You play with keyboard and mouse or gamepad?

what mod(s) is this senpai?

no mods

I play all paradox games with xbox 360 controller of course

Then i don't see how you're not beating. It's piss easy on a gamepad.

that's a lot of forts

The Great Wall of Britannia.
Keeping the French out since forever.

HPM keeps crashing whenever I try to select a unit stack. What could be causing this?

What's the best idea to start with in MEIOU and Taxes for EU4 for a small, no provinced shithole.

Other than uninstall.exe, of course.

Delete local content