/twg/ - Total War General

Peace edition

>/twg/ steam groups (MP battles on weekend, co-op anytime)
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>Attila
TWC Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2105-Total-War-Attila-Modifications
Slavic Race Culture DLC -- youtube.com/watch?v=QiVx6yBp4fg
Age of Charlamagne -- youtube.com/watch?v=RNOy63UZXvM

>Warhammer
EGX Siege AI and Vamp vs Chaos gameplay -- youtube.com/watch?v=fj05Ll1Mark
Kholek Suneater- Chaos vs Dwarfs -- youtube.com/watch?v=3EIkvHD7MU8
Kholek Suneater -Dwarf POV -- youtube.com/watch?v=aAMKJzUAX_M

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/totalwar/status/727829714732224512
strawpoll.me/10125963
youtube.com/watch?v=V4siz1KrnO0
wiki.totalwar.com/w/Difficulty_and_Balancing_Blog
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Rollerino

Looks like BotET will be releasing around the same time as TW:W.

Pretty stupid move.

Can't

Is Age Of Vikings any good? I have AoC but I haven't played it yet, should I play it vanilla or AoV?

>BotET
Bane of the Eternal Transformer?
Butchering of the Extra Terrestrials?
Being on the Euro Trip?

Ich have really no clue what BotET ist

IRREFUTABLE PROOF THAT THE FOUNDER OF THE ROMAN REPUBLIC WAS BLACK

>2 weeks, 6 days and 5 hours

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting.

I stopped caring about that tripe the moment they decided to add a bunch of shitty factions no one cares about and extend the release several weeks if not months. Who in their right mind would play that unstable, broken M2 mod over TW:WH.

Have you worshipped his highness today /twg/?

>20 days

Somebody please kill me. I don't want to live on a world where a norwegian virgin can be that far up his own arse.

inb4 his girlfriend is even hotter than Darren's lmao ;-;

IT KEEPS RISING.

Fucking wew lad

One day user

One day

Tokugawa master race

20 DAYS

;_;

>Lizardmen still not announced.

He's a fat neckbeard and doesn't have a girlfriend.

Just like my dick ;)

Stop posting this fucking shit, not only is it against the rules to keep promoting internet "celebs" but its also fucking annoying when the guy in question has no redeemable qualities whatsoever

play vanilla first

daily reminder attila has 48 siege layouts
warhammer total war has 3

What mods make fall of the samurai great again?

Is the Age of Vikings mod any good?

>Uu ! All dhish eajy bwead bewongs cho Wemiwia !

Have fun.

twitter.com/totalwar/status/727829714732224512

If our Warboss Grimgor is to become the best
Military leader of all the orcs and elves

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

>CA livestreaming now.

And suddenly Paradox have literally nothing over them.

>living in Alaska

They've been doing it for ages lad

>special announcment
say et, SAY ET

I think he meant livestreaming for warhammer

strawpoll.me/10125963

It is worth considering a pre order for the new Total War: Warhammer game? The last game I preordered was Rome 2, which was a buggy piece of crap at launch and even after the "fixes" seems dull and uninteresting to play. I was a huge fan of Napoleon Total War and, with Darthmod, Empire Total War is another favourite of mine, perhaps because I like the time period. I gave Attila a complete miss due to being so angry about Rome 2 and I haven't really been following the Warhammer title's development for the same reason. Is this game going to be another title with terrible AI, poor optimisation and mosh pit game play or will it be different this time?

If you can't be bothered reading my paragraph, basically is Warhammer going to be better than the failure of Rome 2 or is it more of the same? Should I think about preordering so I can get the day 1 DLC?

WAVE AFTER WAVE, I'M SLOWLY DRIFTING

While I think Warhammer is going to have a solid release there is absolutely no reason to preorder now that you still get the day-one DLC for free as long as you buy in the first week. Save your money until the game comes out.

I think I've already seen this post, anyway the DLC is free for the first week

You don't gain anything from it aside from a preload if you buy it in the first week anyway. The game was delayed for a month so hopefully this release will be a bit more polished than usual, and the magic and monsters all look fun.

I assume other people have asked this but I can assure you that this isn't copy pasta. I used to come here quite a lot before Rome 2 came out before leaving in utter disappointment at £40 down the toilet.

Oh they all look fun in the scripted, edited and heavily controlled demos and videos they release. Remember how amazing Rome 2 looked? Creative Assembly are very good at marketing, I'll give them that.

I wasn't aware that the DLC is free for the first week, thanks for informing me. I'll hold off on buying until the player reviews come out so I don't get borderline scammed again.

Ayoo roll

Ancient Empires when

>Brutally Kunnin'
>Kunningly Brutal.

There's a lot more gameplay footage of TW:W out before launch than Rome 2 ever had.
>muh cynicism
Not that it matters since there will be a fuckton of footage out once the game actually releases and you get a week to see how it actually plays.

>in the scripted, edited and heavily controlled demos and videos they release.
The game has been playable at several events and they let youtubers play 40 turns in the vc campaign. You're full of shit.

Playing as the Scythians and just burning your way through all of the tribes and eventually to Rome is going to be so fun.

>Tomb Kangz still not announced

>muh cynicism
Having been burned by the last few releases of the Total War games, and SEGAs aggressive DLC policy I think it's justified to not spend my money on something which could be just more trash. As I said earlier, I will be waiting to see how it pans out in the first week as you have suggested.

40 turns, or even an hour or two, is hardly enough to justify buying the game. Certain glaring issues of the Total War franchise such as terrible AI don't really present themselves until you've played a few battles and noticed there are really easy ways to win every one as the AI doesn't react to certain strategies.
>You're full of shit.
Try not to get caught up on the hype train. There's no need to insult people with opposing viewpoints if you can provide evidence and sources to the contrary.

ZU UT RIK AN ARM ZA

KAZAK-GOV A ZURN UZKULL

Hey VC bros, which legendary lord will you chose on your first playthrough? Fred or Heinrich Himmler?

Keep moving those goalposts. You said it looked good in previews because it was heavily controled and scripted like Rome 2 and I provided evidence that it was wrong. Your response only solidifies my stance that you're full of shit. Your mind was made up before you asked the question. You just came to soapbox and hear anons support your opinion.

>he won't be playing Dawi

Dwarfs are so funny

HASHUT! VORGUND! ZHARR-NAGGRUND!

>Special announcement

So what's it gonna be lad?

Are they gonna announce their worst kept secret, the Bretonnia FreeLC?

Mannfred for the Zombie Dragon and Lightning Strike

Kemmler.

I'm a hopeless sucker for old men in pointy hats and Wizards in general.

> Tomb Kings still not announced

Dunno, might be a third lord out by the time they add Blood Dragons.

>game delayed for another month so Darren can complete his campaign without feeling insignificant.

I don't think in the darkest corners of a special needs classroom would somebody call that a secret, much less CA.

If you really think that marketing demos are an representative of the final game when previous titles have proved that they aren't then you are not worth having this discussion with. "I provided evidence that it was wrong" is clearly an incorrect statement as there are several scripted videos in the OP advertising their game. You claimed that they are also allowing people to play the game for short periods of time which is a point I then addressed. I notice your post does not deal with my counterarguments regarding AI and other factors which can't be seen from only short amounts of game play. Apparently replying to a point you make is moving the goalposts? I feel that you are insecure about your purchase and have to defend it with insults and belittlement instead of hard evidence and concrete facts.

The following link is a clear example of a scripted battle to advertise the game, something you appear to be claiming does not exist:
youtube.com/watch?v=V4siz1KrnO0

Definitely . Hoping for a blood and gore day 1 desu. It's not Warhammer without blood and guts.

>only presence in game is shrunken marauder models reduced to pushign a cannon around for their tall overlords

KEK DWARFS ON SUICIDE WATCH

>Greenskins campaign

Come ooooooon CA, the Greenskin campaign video you already have out is the longest campaign video you've put out.

Give us dat Chaos campaign.

CA managed to finish the game and it's coming out on the 10th

Has anything like that ever actually happened?

That'd be bad, I need that day to appreciate how shit Stellaris will be.

No.

Didn't it happen for XCOM 2? I think they delayed it and then released it a bit sooner

Gotta admit I laughed when I saw the edgy teens with glowing axes

Rolling

jesus those guys are tiny it going to look like a fucking circus act playing as dwarfs

ZOG OFF YA GIT, GREEN IS BEST
I hope it shows some more combat t b h

Yes, extensively playable prerelease demos are representative of the final game. The connections you are so desperately trying to make to Rome 2 simply aren't there.

>"I provided evidence that it was wrong" is clearly an incorrect statement as there are several scripted videos in the OP advertising their game.
Are you a literal retard? Just because scripted videos exist, does not mean unscripted videos suddenly don't.

You provided no counterarguments. Instead you went off on a tangent so you could whine about something else unrelated, which is why I said you were moving the goalposts.

fuck im 30min late have i missed anything?

TOMORROW gayboi

It's tomorrow

well fug my bad

Ork iz best, 'an green iz mean. Green iz also da best. But ai 'ad diz gud idea, wen stompin' umies, stunties or squisy elfs, dey drip red out o dem rite? So iff usin' dat red paint te paint an ork. Den dey wod go fasta? Or even betta, paintin red unda da feet.

>You provided no counterarguments.
Still haven't addressed any of my points. Please continue to insult me instead of my argument over a discussion you decided to start on an anonymous image board. I'm sure it makes you feel good about yourself to call other people retards on the internet while circumventing any reasonable discussion.

MORE STUFF

You've provided no points. Just unrelated ranting and conjecture.

>Squalor and corruption are gone.

God be praised
No more shit sapping my cities

'Dark Magic' confirmed currency reskin and cheap gimmick to pass VC off as somehow unique.

*sigh*
once again CA is dumbding down shit for casuals :/

It was confirmed quite awhile ago.

Don't worry, I'm sure vampires/witch hunters will fuck your provinces up just the same as before.

Yep

That end game difficulty scaling stuff was in Atilla with the huns right?

How is having two different currencies to manage not at least somewhat unique?

ikr squalor was such a great idea