/shmupg/ Shootan Game General + Classic Arcade games

This general is for discussing all shmups/stgs (shoot 'em ups/shooting type games).

Previous thread:
CAN'T HOLD ALL OF THESE SHMUP TITLES DURING THE ANIME SALE EDITION!

Need something to play? Check this shit out: mega.nz/#!mlwG3ZCJ!NMdWxNY4pjqc1vFGwzyPIbtGor0GHObcfENNMgOQW1s

Join us on Steam! steamcommunity.com/groups/shmupg

>RECENT RELEASES:

Mushihimesama store.steampowered.com/app/377860/

Dariusburst: Chronicle Saviours store.steampowered.com/app/377870/

Mecha Ritz Steel Rondo:
3-get.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=3622

Deathsmiles store.steampowered.com/app/314180/

WOLFLAME: store.steampowered.com/app/448160

Battle Crust: store.steampowered.com/app/444710

Space Moth DX: store.steampowered.com/app/425340

>UPCOMING RELEASES:

Blue Revolver
bluerevolvergame.com/

Xydonia indiedb.com/games/xydonia

iMalice amamoriya.gozaru.jp/imalice/

RefRain store.steampowered.com/app/435970/

New Degica port soon(tm)

>Don't forget to vote!
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=640071250

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=640592545

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=637500472

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=660224194

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rTUzaBYi2rI
threplays.appspot.com/replay_files/5720758194012160
youtube.com/watch?v=rRhFYV4-pBQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Novice Original is really easy, if you've 1CC'ed one of the Touhous try Novice Maniac or Ultra.

first for idols

whens dangun week

after touhou week

what about cho aniki week

Not the user you're responding to, but I'm finding the hitbox in Mushi ridiculously small. Is that normal? I swear I'm skirt by some bullets that should obliterate me, but they seem not to.

If you hold A you'll see a little circle on your character that is the hitbox, it's just a little part of the character sprite.

>Is that normal?
Yes, it's how cave make you feel good at shmups without actually being good at shmups.

Maybe elsewhere, it only gets recommended here because it's good.

cave owns bitch

Is any of the DLC for Darius Burst worthwhile?

Both sets are great.

I used the spell practice feature now to figure out all the spell cards except for the last one that I haven't seen. Seems like using the magic team makes Hourai Doll pretty strict since Alice's laser is so narrow. I guess I can clear now, the hardest thing is the fairy before Mokou and Mokou fastest nonspell.

I don't have any experience with the Sega DLC but the Taito DLC is tits.

But CAVE doesn't make me feel good at shmups, it makes me feel terrible at shmups.

You can always play Donpachi.

Damn. Any chance they'll go on sale?
This must be one of the most expensive shmups ever made.

Who knows. Fantasy Zone best pack.

>doe don paki
>moo she he may summer

That's kind of shitty. The games are fun, and I like them, but the really small hitbox is a bummer.

youtube.com/watch?v=rTUzaBYi2rI

Play Ultra

threplays.appspot.com/replay_files/5720758194012160 the fairy has a safespot, you can set it up by going next to that first bullet on the far left like I do. Don't look at the rest of my stage please

even Maniac kinda warrants the small hitbox, some of the patterns are pretty damn tight

like the straight lines going down on the st4 boss 2nd form

That's what I don't get about people complaining about small hitboxes in danmaku. The hitbox to space ratio is about the same, it's just the equivalent of making the screen bigger.

Oh my God, I don't deserve all these replays. Much appreciated, considering your rust at the stage you went at length to show me. I need to find time to play unfortunately.

it's no trouble at all, glad I could help

PC or PS4 when?

PC seems somewhat likely to me. Microsoft has been pushing for their whole Windows 10 cross compatibility stuff with Xbone and PC. Maybe they will wait a few months before a PC version so they can sell 10 additional Xbox Ones in the States.

That'll mean it'll only be sold as a Windows app and not through Steam though, right?

I did a run in order to test the safe spot strat out... I failed to set the safe spot up because I forgot what to do, but then I accidentally cleared despite the run being a general disaster. At least I unlocked Imperishable Shooting somehow.

That's the complete opposite of me. Their first loops make me feel pretty good, whereas most other company's shmups make me feel terrible.

Most likely, though is possible someone could crack it to run on w7

Remember kids, the only shmups in which you can make luck dodges are by Cave, everything else is 100% skill based.

It's already proven that luckdodges only work when you're trying to suicide

I always get luck dodges when I assume I'll die and I die when I assume I'll make it through.

>muh skill

solid proof that s5 midboss is the devil

A free LifeUp for the thread!

Another free... bump I guess.

I wish there were alt skins.

What's that shmup in the upper right of the picture?

Probably Raiden II judging by the purple laser and the ground craters.

Thanks user. That big, long and thick laser looks fun to use.

Make sure you're using the most up to date regular MAME, it's not supported in shmupmame.

Bump

1.5 hours of practice and only one NM1B run of the third stage in Mushi Original. I guess using one bomb on the boss is OK for a scrub like me. Now I need to get more consistent is no-missing.

Tbh I still bomb the stage 5 mid boss
Dont be afraid to use all your bombs bc dying with bombs in stock sucks

Yagawa > Ikeda

deathsmiles is the worst thing to happen to shmups

Dying is the worst thing to happen to shmups

I'm running out of ways to prevent myself from going insane while practicing

Ah yes, a Cave developer and another Cave developer.

>Yagawa
>a Cave developer
Not any more.

>cave
>a shmup developer
Not any more.

shut up and play ichimen bancho

Have you tried streaming?

Fucking assholes.

Turn on TV or a podcast or something. I hate practicing and can't do it without something.

Never would have guessed that guy was such a cunt.

Same, I get pretty bad anxiety attacks while playing...

Hey those ships looked like the final boss (not the true final boss) in Cho Ren Sha 68k!

>tfw still no Dodonpachi 1ALL

Oh the bitch that always ruins my 1CC runs in maniac mode. How I hate fighting you Queen Larsa.

BL maniac boss patterns are just broken as fuck

Is original easier in Futari Black label? I just got a 1cc and I never practiced it.

For survival yes
For score, fuck no

Well yeah, there's no way it's easier for score because of all the point blanking and shit, I just didn't know if survival was easier because while the characters do more damage there are more enemies that shoot faster stuff.

The bosses all die just by looking at them.
Their final attacks are over in about 5 seconds before they even get into full swing

GUHEEE~

>biggest meme ever: the TLB

Interested in shmups after 100%ing Gungeon. Sine Mora is $1.49 on Steam right now. Never heard of it before. I shmup'd back in Dreamcast days with Karous, Ikaruga, and Mars Matrix. Is Sine Mora good? Shit? Worth $1.49?

So I tried Strikers 1945. Is recommending this game a meme? The bullets are all yellow and fast moving. Where's the slow, brightly colored patterns?

Get a crack and try it out first. It's not particularly great and has moments that are stupid, also it's literally furshit.

I haven't played it but I've read quite a bit about it. The general consensus seems to be that it's shit. But seeing that's it's only 1.49 you might as well give it a try to see if you like it.

There are a lot of shmups you can try out if you're looking for something to play

I thought Larsa is more of a meme boss than Hibachi.

>tfw your mum interrupts your run to ask you to wash the dishes
You made me lose a life you stupid bitch

TENDIES

SHOOT WHAT?

Don't forget to book your tutors

So Tengai seems pretty easy, got to 1-4 on my first try

Newbie user here, thanks for counsel. I had lots of fun playing IN and I really wanna replicate that again. Trying to timeout the Extra mode cards was really fun. Shame not many shmups offer that kind of pattern-training mode.

I'm gonna try to run Novice Maniac today and will make sure to update once I manage to 1cc it. Trying Wide shot as a crutch first until I feel confident enough for the other shots.

twitchtv/smokeyu

Gun Wings strm

Wide shot is slower so that might make some of the dodging more difficult. And I don't think the wide shot makes much difference in Mushi, especially not compared to something like Dodonpachi where it makes a huge difference

Bomb

Idol shmups best shmups

youtube.com/watch?v=rRhFYV4-pBQ

Well, at least that Black Label 1cc wasn't a fluke, I just did it again.

Daioujou?

Nah, Futanari. I'm

cave OWNS, bitch !!

Nice, I'm still waiting for that one to come out on PC. Never played it

Wow, I didn't know there was a shmup general. Hi anons.

Do you guys know of any boss rush type games similar to 2hu double spoiler?

Daioujou Death Label