Discord Code: 0u0H6He7d5af9WO9

Other urls found in this thread:

digimonworld.org/2015/10/the-original-monster-makers-history-of.html
youtube.com/watch?v=UuwxjxlYJDc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Last thread:

I miss Kyoko.

Mimi a slut.

Looks like I'm getting Megas in Ch 12 after all. I could've stuck around in 11, but that seemed such a waste. I knew that I'd have a lot more freedom if I waited until now.

I miss her more.

I acquired Lilithmon a few days ago in CS and I love her to bits, she shreds digimon left right and centre :3

Why is the phrase "my wife's son" supposed to be a bad thing?
Maybe the father is dead, you don't know.

My current team in CS is MetalGarurumon, WarGreymon and Lilithmon. They tear ass left and right, is awesome

Memesters have associated it with cuckoldry.

While completely unbalanced I do have the virus versions of Wargreymon and Metalgarurumon so I could do that if I knew there was some sweet Data ass that needed ruining...

Speaking of that, what would be the best digimons of each type to make a monotype team?

I'm sure WarGreymon and BlackWarGreymon have a spot on both Vaccine and Virus teams. Who else?

MetalEtemon farming done. Onto PlatinumNumemon now.

It really depends on what you wanna focus.
Assuming you want max damage and don't want to repeat digis, it would be, imo:

Vaccine: Warg, ShineBM, Chaos
Virus: Lilith, BelpheRM, Levia/Tita/TigerVespa/ChaosGallant/Whatever they're just support
Data: MetalGaruru, DuftLM, SaberLeo
Free: Magna, ImperialFM, Diaboro

Hmm, seems like Vaccine has a slight advantage on sheer damage output with ShineBM and Chaosmon

>There's only like six notable Data types

Ain't it sad.

It seems like it, but not really.
Assuming you use buffs, which in single player you should, Virus beats Vaccine pretty easily.
If the enemy has decent defense it already wins by default too, since Shine's damage takes a huge hit. Actually, Bancho might be better than Shine if you use buffs.

wHAT

Data has the most diversity around, they're all freaking good if you know what to do.

Mirage has that annoying passive, decent attack and good speed, as well as 255% hit-rate signature.

Sakuya is fucking amazing as support and at INT attacks, and boosts your party INT too.

GranLoco SURVIVES 3 FINAL SHINE BURSTS BY DEFAULT.

Plesio is a great INT tank and has party wide water pierce that puts shit to sleep.

Kuzuha nulls panic and has really high INT.

MirageBM is a Sakuya that dies faster and takes the whole party with it, but it can still be good.

Duft is fast as fuck, can wipe rows of enemies with his sig and cuts SP cost which is great for online, at the cost of having low HP.

Exa is one of the 3 digis in the game with Knockdown, party-wide at that, and has nice stats too.

Gankoo has the highest HP in the game, lots of attack and that passive prevents team-wipes.

Jes becomes ridiculously annoying if you safety guard it because of that passive, plus his attack and sig are really good, and he's fast.

RoseBM is Cherubi but better.

Diana has a signature with default 100% sleep rate and amazing stats, despite lower HP than a rookie, which is easy to fix.

Bolt nulls stun and has a lot of attack and HP, the sig is good too.

Lotus is like Diana without her sig and lower defense, but with equip slots to make up for it.

MetalMame is one of the best Ultimates in the game because of the 3 equips and that passive.

Mame and Pumpkin are also great to fill that last slot online, as long as you go for overspecialization.

Even Gabumon can be useful due to the passive alone.

PrinceMame can be a tank maybe idk, and Rose sucks.

I'm tired of thinking

I find having Kerpymon (good), Rosemount, and Lilithmon a good balance for grinding. I suspect it's not actually that great but I enjoy the 10%health per round good

Is there a team that Lilithmon doesn't make better?

Tank teams.

All this talk about stats and skills and what's best
I just use whatever Digimon I think look the coolest or whichever ones I like the most

Mimi might be a spoilt arrogant narcissist but she is not a slut.

Sure, but is also fun to come with "perfect" teams

>Plesio is a great INT tank and has party wide water pierce that puts shit to sleep.
Man Plesio has never put shit to sleep for me when I use Sorrow Blue.

Too soon to die

WHAT DOES IT MEAAAN

I would laugh if it was X Antibody. Would make for a nice nod.

It means its all going according to keikaku.

Wait until the last 5 minutes of the sixth movie for all questions to be hastily answered.

That would be so incredibly shitty

It would. Hopefully that's not the case and we get more explanation in Hikari's movie since it's more then likely Jesus will show up there and explain things.

Speaking of Jesus. I just beat the RKs and got Jesmon. What's a good move set for him and what stat should I focus on?

I really do get impatient a lot. After some time of training the Megas I can get, I went to do some missions to hopefully get items that I need. No luck so far. I am in desperate need of stuff that raises ABI. I could devolve, yes, but I'd need to do ALL of that level raising AGAIN, and this digi is L:55. Not to mention I have another digi in reserve that also needs it. Not to mention that training the digis I have back to their former levels is a herculean task that will take an extremely long time. I suppose that's why this part of the game exists, though. I suppose I have nothing to do but take my time. I really did screw up, I should've back and forthed while I had the chance.

>Gennai shows up to give an info dump
>Ultimate evolution was enabled by reverse-engineering Taichi's testicles somehow
>It's not needed anymore, so he can have them back

I thought the evolving power was restored by Azulongmon's digicore back in 02.

It was temporary. All of it went to Imperialdramon.

Only Agumon got some more (somehow) to fight Recolormon.

So threatening.

Yes, I know her feet are messed up.

Focus on attack so you can get more out of Weltgeist. Perfect Revive is a popular choice since he can survive a lot of bullshit.

Congrats man. I still need six more monkeys on my other account. Plat is incredibly easy because you can get up to three drops per run.

>page 10

not on my watch

Diaboromon was pretty easy

I managed to get 2 from different runs earlier. 30 Stam is pretty much a walk in the park at this point anyway.

How dead is this series from 0-10

Somehow I forgot MetalSeadramon.
His passive is virtually useless but he's good support that doubles as a Anti-ShineBM machine.
There's this japanese guy called black_swordvita or something, he's on the tip of both CS and ne0 online ranks, he had a completely fair and fun team to fight, and his Seadra was a bitch to kill.

Yeah, stacking the same effect is really good.
Ridiculously so.

Everything in-game either dies in one hit or immune to sleep. It's more of an online thing.

The chance is so low you don't takeit into account, then when it happens you're fucked

The point is that everything is at least good if you put some effort into strategy, so fave digi teams are doable.

I miss D/D where LITERALLY anything was usable though.

Not as dead as our Veeky Forums
CS has breathed life into Digimon and Tri is trying its best to keep it relevant. While the new anime is medicore so far, people are still buying CS and trickling in and out.

I dont think we'll ever be as relevant as we were in 2000's but we're hanging on. The people who are left are very dedicated.

Thats good, at least you havent succumbed yet to being a phone game series only, or just plain dead like megaman.

>I miss D/D where LITERALLY anything was usable though.

Except it wasn't. The only Digimon worth using were +speed traits, healers and Status immune. Also Bird existed. Granted a lot more were usable then CS, dont act like D/D didn't have its own cancer.

rip Mana, BoF, VP, and the like. They will be missed.

I think Megaman has a chance to come back once MM.9 flops on its ass implying it ever is released. Its just a matter of Capcom getting the right Dev team.

Most people limited All-Element and Status Barrier traits to a combined total of 3, so the last digi could be anything if one of the others had both.

Sure, you'd still lose from not running say, a digi with Dodge Dance + evasion equips for 48% dodge rate, or full crit build, but it's not that big deal.

+Speed traits weren't that useful depending on equips, sometimes it'd disalign your turns too much, imo.

And virtually nobody used healing moves outside of Water of Life, maybe Purification in case they, for some reason, had something not immune to statuses.
Calumon's Prayer notwithstanding.

Also the Birds having cheap as fuck equips was on Lost Evo, whose online was whoever-goes-first-wins.
D/D's racial equipment wasn't such a big deal.

Do you think Digimon as a series will last much longer? I always feel like it's a weak fire that's slowly fading into being nothing, but some stubborn guys keep fanning it in a desperate attempt to keep it aflame.

I love Digimon and want it to keep going, but it really feels like I'm clinging too hard to a dying series, which will make it hurt more once it does end.

Everything ends eventually.

But seriously, I'm surprised the franchise kept going after Frontier.

It can keep going, but it depends on how its handled. Tri really isn't looking good right now. They'd need more games like CS and a better budget, Bamco is probably holding it back.

An anime on-quality with Tamers would give it a good while longer, but dont see that happening.

It's possible it will die, but It still has a few years at least, under the assumption everything flops.

Tri is still making bank at the box office and people are buying the games.

Not too bad for a low-budget series which Digimon is.

Not him but I think you should always diversify, Im into enough series big and small and as years pass eventually they die off, Digimon had a great run if it died today and instead of being hurt when it finally happens you should be glad you got to experience it, the old material will always be there too.

Now I feel Digimon is in a "I have no idea what to do" spot where their producers are trying to figure out what future if any the series has, so recently we got a world game, a story game, a pandering anime for old fags and a couple of phone games for newcomers, the answer will probably lie in keeping a balance of all those different products, I dont see one type product overcoming the rest nor being enough to sustain the series on its own
It do seems that the well of selling toys has dried for good though which is probably why there hasnt been a new anime aimed at kids.
But there must be some people at bandai that still love digimon very much, 15 years later you can still say its a multimedia franchise.
These next 5 years will be key, hopefully it stays like it is now, small but diverse and profitable, I dont think the fans that are left will leave at this point, so we might just be enough to keep this running

So why is it that Digimon isn't doing so well, while Pokemon is such a big hit? I've always wondered that.

They don't seem to be that different from each other, aside from Pokemon being boring as fuck since it's pretty much the same game over and over again. Same with the shows, too.

Marketing and Pokemon also appeals to girls

Pokemon had much better marketing in the west, the cutesy designs attracted more people and the games were more accessible.

Any kid could beat a pokemon game.
As a kid, I could not figure out anything in Dw1, I was super pissed I had an Agumon and not a Veemon and Drigmon would not move his ass.

So there is that.

Pokemon games are way simpler than Digimon games. The amount of grinding that is needed in some games can just be off putting.

The waifu train can keep it alive. That's what worked for Vanguard and other monster series/tcgs.

Battle Spirits is probably the only monster series that still draws in a wide audience despite having little to no waifus or games.

bump

>The waifu train can keep it alive
especially with such perfections as mimi and lilithmon

How likely is it that they'll bring more Digimon games to the west?
Cyber Sleuth did pretty well, right?
I'd imagine that spreading the game outside of Japan would help extend the series' life span, but I don't know much about these kinds of things.
I just want more Digimon games to fuel the addiction, games that where I could actually understand what's going on and what I'm doing, instead of guessing my way through all the Japanese.

Cyber Sleuth did excellent and is still netting more sales. (My friend just got it so I assume people late to the party are grabbing it) generally being held as a "solid rpg on the ps4" which is enough for people to give it a go.

I am hoping for a N0 localization. But at the same time I wonder if it may be better to wait for the next story game. I fear N0 may flop in the west but it's been casualized hard compared to Dw1 and perhaps that could be a strong point. (Again, accessibility to a wider audience) A revival of the franchise is entirely possible. I'd argue World's mechanics being unique enough to define a niche market but it still has a lot of issues I hear.

>"solid rpg on the ps4" which is enough for people to give it a go.

Mostly because there is fuck all to play on the PS4 right now to be honest, but hey if it benefits digimon I welcome it

Perfect. Thanks man.

Ah no wonder. Makes sense.

N0 is coming to the west at least because CS sold really well. Probably better then Bamco expected considering they made a thank you video and all.

Is it a fact that it's coming? I thought it was just rumors and a lot of hoping.

There is also fuck all to play for RPGs in general.

Please come to Ps4 I really dont wanna fiddle with a vita..

We'll most likely get announced at E3.

I'm sure it will like how CS got a PS4 port.

why does he have all these hands?

Xros wars is being more fun than I expected, on ep 15 but I felt pumped for some battles already which hasnt happened since adventure (been on a digimon marathon non stop for a month already)
The only negative so far are the two kids that came with taiki to the digital world, they simply shouldnt exist, they are worthless, they have no character at all and any second the camera is in them is wasted time, I think Taiki alone building his army would have made more room for way more interesting interactions with the digimons and the other human generals.
Im very glad because I thought this was going to be another turd like every season not called adventure had been.

Xros is one of those love or hate shows. Part 1 was easily the coolest shit since Adventure, part 2 was good but not that good, and part 3 was pretty decent for something that was rushed into existence to give more time to the saint seiya omega producers.

Decided to bite the bullet and dedigivolve anyway. One step was all it took. Thanks to Platinum, I got them back to their former evo states almost instantly. What's going to suck is leveling them back up to the point where they can take the evo path I wanted them to. And then once they do reach that state, doing it again to maintain their levels. It'll take a long time, but I figure that now is the time to do it before the shit hits the fan.

Yeah at first I when I realized "oh, no digimon is going to evolve are they, they just merge and thats it" and "there is no exploration is there, they just jump through stages like in a videogame" I was mad, but when I got to ep 10 or so I understood that what they are doing really works for the story they are trying to tell about constant war and building an army and the kid being a general.
Maybe it will turn to total shit later? Maybe but its fun for now, I know I was excited for frontier during its first episodes because I saw a lot of potential and boy did that suck all kinds of shit by the end.
Also Tittimon, and Nene is cute.

Season 1 is really great
Season 2 was alright, had good parts and bad parts. that fucking part with the lopmons, FUCK
Season 3 was utter shit
I hated it
I mean, yeah, it wasn't the worst, but I'm just really mad at how it could have been SO much better than it was, but it just.. wasn't.
And I was really hype the entire time because I heard about every MC from every Digimon series hopping over to Xros wars universe to kick ass but that was 98% a huge and crushing disappointment as well.

To attack multiple enemies at the same time.

Enjoy the ride while it lasts.

But the cutest digis are cuter than the cutest pokes

Are you sure isn't trying to give his tamer a hand?

Is that official art?
Goddamn

Fucking Diablomon.

Si.

>tfw barely got into Digimon last year.

I don't want it to die. Please don't let it die.

How did you get into Digimon?

Welcome, have some free education
digimonworld.org/2015/10/the-original-monster-makers-history-of.html

bump

Move over Cyber Sluts, cat bitch coming through.

Randomly thought, 'hey, Digimon was a thing when I was a kid, wasn't it?' one day and then settled down to watch Digimon: X Evolution for some fucktard reason. Obviously, I had no idea what the fuck that was about, but it intrigued me enough to check out one of the seasons. Heard Tamers was good so I sat down with a friend to watch it.

It killed my soul at the end, but it made me fall in love with the franchise. After that, I went on a huge Digimon binge and watched the other series. Needless to say, once I did that, I had reached the point of no return. I love Digimon.

Since then, I've read the manga, imported Cyber Sleuth and Next 0rder, got some figures, and have played some of the old games. Currently in the middle of watching Tamers again with some friends. So far, I've gotten four people into Digimon. Feels nice. I really hope the franchise doesn't die out. Not when it seems to finally be realizing its potential as a monster genre for grown-ups while Shin Megami Tensei is busy being overshadowed by Persona.

Already read that. Thank you, though, I'd forgotten about it.

That's great man. Congrats on enjoying yourself. Hoping the series lives long enough for you and your friends to enjoy it.

This is a fantastic read, I had no idea of how big Digimon was on its time.

Although I lost my shit at the fact tgat fujoshis were the reason Digimon gained a female fanbase

Where's Devimon? Is the Angemon mission on Akihabara, chapter 19

Never underestimate the power of fujoshits. It's rather horrifying really.

Downtown somewhere, no doubt.
Asakusa

I'm hoping that the series makes a comeback or a revival for the longtime fans too.

if not.. then we'll always be together, right /digi/? r-right?

we're dying every other hour

I wish I had friends into digimon

I wish I had friends at all

>tfw have friends into digi
>they all hate World games to death
>no one to talk about Ne0 to

How is that even possible, if you dont like world games/v-pets you dont really like digimon.

Medals are missable?

that's some bullshit. I love the world games, but that kind of gameplay is not for everybody, and that doesn't really has anything to do with liking digimon or not

They really hate the whole dying thing.
A lot of people do, it's not for everyone.

But then again, they have no problem with playing DMO which is way more grindy so idk what's up with that.

I love the dying thing because the fun is in the raising
Getting good at raising digimon and consistently getting the one you want is what digimon used to be about

Same here really.

Although I'm more about NOT consistently getting the ones I like.
Experiment randomly first, then end with what I wanted in the first place, when there's nothing else to do but finish the game.

Sometimes you start to like digis you had no idea even existed, and that feels awesome.

youtube.com/watch?v=UuwxjxlYJDc

Those puppets are so damn cool

Scary