github.com/ricardojmendez/LibNoise.Unity
forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=54596.0
bedroomproducersblog.com/2016/01/21/free-video-editing-software/
g.e-hentai.org/s/ac01bb34eb/359444-3
angel2d.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for Pixel art Timelapses.

>Make scrolling zoom function
>Whatever direction you zoom in first, any further zoom will zoom in that direction

found a bunch but not letting you know

nah i chose to do 3D, i been trying to get decent
i have tons of .blend files laying around, lots of ref folders as well.
this shit is NOT easy

is there a term for not technically a neet but living the neet lifestyle

How to make the shoulder/elbow/knee part of a 3d model to make nice animation later ?

more polygons

I got zooming working, but I have two questions:

1) Can I change the center of the zoom somehow, or do I just need to translate stuff so it zooms into the center of the screen?
2) What are those weird lines that show up whenever I zoom out too much and how do I avoid them?

>tfw have to watch animals kill other animals for reference when animating

Pretty sad desu

Clarentdev if you're here I'm confused about your game's direction now.
Before everything was pretty clear, only issue I had was the character moving slow and the fucking asshole crows.

Now you've got all these moves and combos against enemies that have 2 attacks and basic patterns, you're overpowered as far as I see. It's like putting dante in a castlevania game.

Are there going to be enemies that can fight you equally or at the very least bosses that can?

If the user who made clyp.it/tptez4z2 is lurking pls respond !!! with your skype

Damn that's good

public int currentYear;
public int yearsAgo;

(currentYear - yearsAgo) "was" (yearsAgo) "years ago";

I see. Good luck to you then user. 3D is also on my list but I don't think I'd be interested in doing anything more than low poly 3D, and anyway I already have my hands full with 2D, so it won't be before a couple of years.

Re-posting from last thread since it died :
tl;dr :
>NEET, no money, can't hold a job
>desperately in need of money to ensure functional computer to keep dev-ing
>decent at art; can draw pixel art
>game won't be ready until another year or more

Can I make money out of my skills and if yes, where? I don't mean to collab, but are there good places out there where I could perhaps sell assets and start making money?

Additional question : how do you NEETs even live? How do you manage financially?

Okay guys, total beginner nodev here, trying to be yes dev. Sorry if the question is stupid, but i cant really formulate what i mean in english (not my native language). Anyway, im working with Unity, and im trying to do something like pic related - inside of square (or other simple shape) i want to fill some specific color with, lets say, 30% of "non regular" surface. Can someone at least point me when can i start or what exactly to search? Square size can be fixed for 500px width and height.

How come AGDG is so slow lately?

Looks like you're trying to make voronoi diagram.

I know libnoise does that pretty nicely (libnoise.sourceforge.net/)

I believe there is even a C#/unity port of it: github.com/ricardojmendez/LibNoise.Unity

I lost my old unfinished games' source code to a shitty cryptolocker. Which translates into me starting some new project. What interesting engine should I try now?

Also if anyone is looking for retro styled synth music, I just got an amazing moog synth and I'm willing to record some tunes for you.

place is kinda shitty lately. shittier than usual I mean. I love agdg forever tho

Hazards aaaaaaa
Need to add some spikey ice ground hazards too.

Well there definitely won't be a boss, but I might actually be able to make a shitty little demo for demo day.

I need to study up on some map design though or something. I can't make levels to save my life.

You can make money off your skills if you're good enough. Sell assets on any service (Unity or UE store) or branch out and sell on design websites (Like make tshirts for redbubble).
Otherwise, check out freelancer boards and bid on auction to get jobs. Post work on Tumblr or similar social sites and list you are doing commissions.

NEETs live off of someone else. Either the welfare state they live in or someone else supporting them.

I ended up making a WarioWare type thing today just for fun.

A+ work.
Make 50 more and jam them into a party game.
I'd buy it

rekt

How do I get jumping to work in LOVE? I've tried some stuff on my own and I can't get my little temporary block-character to come back down. I thought maybe I found something good built in but then I saw this: "love.physics is not lightweight, and not even remotely simple to use. It's a ten-ton hammer designed for heavy-lifting (er...hammer...lifting?) If you are just trying to make a character jump around on blocks or the likes, then move along, nothing to see here."
so, how?

Why is this allowed?
forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=54596.0

if you're seriously thinking about using love.physics to make a character jump, you need to reconsider your hobbie

>Inspired

If you're using godot, it allegedly has trouble with scaling, particularly tiles. As crazy as this sounds, you may need to switch out multiple levels of tile map that have different resolutions, or switch to a a stylized map when you hit a certain level of zoom.

>caring about engines

just pick anything. build your own.

Shit naming conventions desu familam.

public int originYear or gtfo.

>build your own.
But I like making games, not engines

Google it yourself, you slubberdegullion.

those two are necessarily exclusive.

>public int originYear
please be trolling

that would have been a smart counterargument if I had just said "but I like making games". Alas, I specified I dislike making engines, so you just look dumb using words you don't really understand

No more funposting, I'm going back to work

Is there a free program for basic video editing? I just want to put together clips and have overlay images. I'd rather not pirate

public static volatile boolean

bedroomproducersblog.com/2016/01/21/free-video-editing-software/

>I specified I dislike making engines
you actually didn't
that post by itself could mean you are be neutral toward engines

>says something dumb
>leaves

uh huh.

I wish that was a webm

progress :)

>you are be neutral
*you are neutral

>WarioWare clones
>Mario clones
Why does no one ever clone Wario?

Sure bro but I'll have you know Veeky Forums doesn't support lossless webms so you are actually losing data

Wario was a mario clone.
Groce, dude

>Wario was a mario clone.
I hate you for even attempting this bait.

>source at such a pleb resolution

I managed to fix the weird rasterizing by just turning off Mipmaps on my texture.

Come to think of it, what the heck are Mipmaps?

>when you make progress, but it doesn't feel any better than yesterday

>mfw you're all nodevs

sauce

go away residents

Oh yeah!? How about a look at THIS progress! hahahahahahahahaha :)

I hate how any game the involves combat, parry, and roll is now souls inspired.
Fuck off, it was a pretty good game but it wasn't some pinnacle of originality.

blender

>I managed to fix the weird rasterizing by just turning off Mipmaps on my texture.

Dear god, what the fuck? Mipmaps are supposed to help scaling by holding pre-calculated scales of the image at different resolutions. They're specifically there in order to stop the artifacts you were getting.

i'm noooooot

>residents
Using your favorite new word again, reek? We all know it's you misusing words. hahahahahahahahahahaha :)

>he spends all day angrily attempting to get people to pay attention to him
>when he one does, he just replies to himself

lol

found it
g.e-hentai.org/s/ac01bb34eb/359444-3

Where is koboldposter?

/b/ullying is not gamedev. feel free to leave at your earliest convenience

Day #3.2 of Angel2D dev:
Figured out how to get a decent camera system going.
Got a good understanding of tuning variables. This shit is great. I'l just have to make commands for listing them and stuff now. Maybe getting a neat description.
Feeling the progress. Makes me question how this engine is so small. And what I'm missing from other engines.
Also feeling yesterdays workout. Pretty intense. Dev through the pain.

>Angel2D
cool
angelscript is shit tho

>template params on the same line as the function name

What's the license?

THANKS GODOT

I'l explore that tomorrow perhaps.
>angel2d.com/
>BSD
It's like I'm dreaming desu.

I just said I saw the notice that it's overkill so I want to know a real method. I tried stuff myself and it doesn't work. I don't know where to go from here.

Just use another engine
Why are you dealing with godot when other ones are free and have much better tutorials and support?

What's a good way to make a roguelite without perma death?

Is that even possible? Fuck, structuring a game is difficult.

5 hour long game, with random content, no perma death, but resetting of stats?
~30-60min long runs with permadeath? (run of the mill roguelite)

You know it uses Lua right?

make checkpoints but make them punishing

I'm not dealing with Godot

Godot is dealing with ME

I WILL make this work, whether it wants to work or not

I'll fucking ram my dick up its ass until it begs to work for me if I have to

Whats the point of not perma death but reseting stats? Its restarting your character either way.

it's just math broski

dy=0
if (key pressed and jumping = false){
jumping = true
dy=-1
}

if (jumping){
player.y+=dy
dy=dy+0.1
if (touch floor ) then jumping = false

}

change the magic numbers and you're ready to go

Let the player keep the same items and starting stats, perhaps? Or only set them back a certain amount?

Have you considered just making a normal game?

I think he means keeping your gear, which is often the more important element of these sorts of games.

Do what Dark Souls did

I like diablo where you lose all your items and has to get them back which is usually not very easy (since you died there while fully equiped in the first place)

oh shucks
my bad, I was thinking about a different engine
lua is alright, I'd rather use löve though

>want to make world map in LOVE2D
>lua doesn't really do OOP

What the fug, how am I supposed to create this

Are there any good Java game engines? This thing is a lot easier to think through with that

Checkpoints
Add a permadeath mode as an extra game mode for hardcore players if you want

Can someone for the love of god explain why is undertale popular
Just tried it and honestly I don't get it. The music is alright but it's a pretty damn boring game.

idk i just watched that stupid Dunkey video where he mentioned a game called flinthook and he said he liked it because it had no permadeath. And it made me start wondering how this game must be structured. But I didn't play the damn game cuz it was only at pax. I'm curious how they structured their game.

this is actually a really good idea. will I get memed to death if I follow that DaS/Diablo structure of going back to pick up your shit after you die? fuck it.

dunno. i've seen a bit of it and it seems fun

Rogue Legacy sorta kinda did that. Your character died, but the progression of the game stayed.

The permadeath aspect is really the only thing that makes roguelikes viable. Without having to start over from the start, the average roguelike becomes easily beatable, especially when you take out the random drop factor.
You could probably do level checkpoints where if you die the level restarts with a different layout, but removing the permadeath aspect removes virtually all challenge and longevity that roguelikes offer; they're just a short, basic action game otherwise.

Could do it like Darkest Dungeon/Rogue Legacy, where the focus is to get stuff in your town upgraded so that you stand better and better chances as you progress, rather than just surviving a bunch of stuff to begin with.

Its a pretty elegant solution really.

goats are for gutting

I just watched that video too and I think Dunkey just straight up doesn't know what roguelike means.

The game has no permadeath and it's obviously not turn based. Maybe the levels are randomly generated, but that would just make it an action platformer with random levels.