Marvel Heroes General: War Over No Content Edition

/mh16g/ FAQ: docs.google.com/document/d/1jytUL9L-LUo82w2uoqhCT9yeQunrRkPZ3qdvMVZwHl4/edit?pref=2&pli=1#heading=h.5tmh2wyrnq4k
Useful links: pastebin.com/RZQRavrE
Test Center: marvelheroes.com/test-center
Marvel Heroes Database: marvelheroes.info/
How do you level so fast?: imgur.com/Gy64peA
Where can I find builds? Hero-specific forums, marvelheroes.info or in the thread.
**Refer to Google.doc, updated when possible**

CURRENT CODES:
INSTITUTE - Various boosts
2015 - Fortune Card Mark I x1, Fortune Card Mark II x1, Fortune Card Mark V x1
INFLUENCE - 200 Genosha Influence
DANVERS - Captain Marvel All-New All-Different (Default) Costume
JACKOLANTERN - Jack O' Lantern Visual Spotlight Recipe
H2-B2 - Holiday H.E.R.B.I.E. Pet

THE FUTURE OF MARVEL HEROES:
forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/167730/

SUPERGROUP:
/co/ has a supergroup (guild) currently named Muggas Civil War. Ask in thread for an invite, all are welcome.

>REMINDER:
There will be a code for a free Captain America or free Iron Man that comes with a Civil War box this weekend. Do not buy either hero and wait for the free code!

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/marvelheroes/comments/4hr2x5/does_spending_money_in_the_cash_shop_affect_rng/
strawpoll.me/10122728
forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/comment/3588403#Comment_3588403
forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/comment/3588625#Comment_3588625
forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/276435/would-you-like-to-have-this-available-in-the-whole-game/p1
marvelheroes.info/items/heroes/#0-25-2-1
forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/comment/3588954#Comment_3588954
marvelheroes.info/build/33976/
strawpoll.me/10132578
strawpoll.me/10132586
pbs.twimg.com/media/Chqn68EUoAAhgA3.jpg:large
pbs.twimg.com/media/Chqn_JWUYAE6QLP.jpg:large
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The Civil War boxes are all month long, right?

ded

any pic of them?

Looks like operation omega is officially dead, cosmic event gives more exp. R.I.P

why

why do people ignore the fact that you also get a bunch of stuff by buying the boxes? it's more than $35 for a team up, since when do whales complain about shit like this? this isn't a new thing.

Not sure who posted stuff from reddit on the previous thread but I've been lurking there and I'm 100% sure this shithole is better for game discussion than reddit.
reddit.com/r/marvelheroes/comments/4hr2x5/does_spending_money_in_the_cash_shop_affect_rng/

"ONLY HEROES WORTH USING" TIER
Dr. Doom, Rogue

"OKAY, STILL GOOD ENOUGH" TIER
Cable, Captain America, Dr. Doom (sorcerer), Emma Frost, Jean Grey, Scarlet Witch, Silver Surfer, Spider-Man, Thor, Vision, War Machine

"MEH, COULD'VE BEEN WORSE" TIER
Black Cat, Black Panther, Blade, Captain Marvel, Deadpool, Dr. Strange, Elektra, Gambit, Iceman, Kitty Pryde, Magik, Moon Knight, Thing

"ABSOLUTELY MEDIOCRE" TIER
Ant-Man, Black Widow, Cyclops, Daredevil, Ghost Rider, Hawkeye, Iron Fist, Juggernaut, Loki, Nightcrawler, Nova, Punisher, Rocket Raccoon, She-Hulk, Taskmaster, Venom, Winter Soldier, Wolverine, X-23

"DEVS DON'T GIVE A FLYING FUCK ABOUT THEM" TIER
Green Goblin, Hulk, Human Torch, Invisible Woman, Iron Man, Magneto, Mr. Fantastic, Psylocke, Squirrel Girl, Star-Lord, Storm

"DEVS ACTIVELY HATE THEIR GUTS" TIER
Colossus, Luke Cage

why there is no team sude mystery box?
strawpoll.me/10122728

It's a valid concern.
TinyCo, the shithole that made Avengers Academy, do this exact thing.
If you spent any money at all, you stop getting Ads for their premium currency.

I'll probably pick up 10 of each boxes, which gives me at least;
>2 Team-ups
>20 Hero Tokens/Costumes
>20+ Boosts

Hopefully Sprays are earned and not bought in boxes otherwise I may be a little hesitant on getting 20.

not the whales thats complaining tho its the people who dont buy stuff who complains

The Cap/Iron Man codes will last until 11:59 PM PST on Monday

>posting them on reddit
Nikki, be our hero and post it on Veeky Forums first.

>implying she doesn't have the Veeky Forums tag on her profile just to look like a cool kid
I do it sometimes at the community kitchen .

just like magneto isn't bad tier?

>unless you have a max rolled jinn.

forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/comment/3588403#Comment_3588403

>When we patch this week (targeting friday), the Special Events vendor will be going away again. Spend those bundles of cash before its too late!

>(targeting friday)

Delay confirmed.
Enjoy your Monday patch guys.

one more day of omega? neat.
What are the chances that they surprise with fun leaderboards and stuff to do?

tony will remember thjis

>muggas

>2 punchies

>skill calculator requires you to register
Are the builds worth looking at on that site?

forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/comment/3588625#Comment_3588625
>its statements like this is why people think you guys cant tune at all
Fucking savage

Should only require that you register an account to make a build. You can look at other builds freely, and it's worth doing just to get an idea of what's typically used (assuming it's up to date, check the dates).

That explains the 2 quality posters in the thread.

Don't forget to use the same login credentials as your main account on MH.info.

>punchies
>quality
lol

>people complain about dps meters because it will bring elitism and toxicity
>they also complain when gaz removed the disagree option because it turned the forums into a hugbox
Make up your mind fags
forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/276435/would-you-like-to-have-this-available-in-the-whole-game/p1

You won't get me to inspect a mugga without a clue, good try.

It's on "par" because other hybrid stuff actually make hybrid heroes on par, if not stronger than, pures.

>power creep has gone too far that even new/nu muggas are rolling with BiS gear and shit
seriously, I'm not even kidding go and inspect a level 60 mugga and it will be a lot better than the "heavy hitter" punchie.

>dps meters
The one in boring-sim/ex-x-defense is busted. It counts credits collected as damage since it's likely the Unreal Tournament points which are kills and shit you pick up totalled.

>Make account years ago.
>Still haven't picked first character.
Do I still get the free new player bonus?

>It counts credits collected as damage

>heavy hitter
I don't know man, Emma seems more of a heavy hitter compared to Colossus now. Even Kitty tanks better due to lolvunerability baked all over her kit Juggernaut dethroned too
gurl power yo

>years
I meant last year.

Possibly, if not you can just make a new one unless you really want that name.

How do I check if I get the new player bonus?

You should be able to uncap a hero and they are all locked to level 10 maximum. If you have any who can level above 10, you might have already got that hero uncapped and set on your account.
The old system was pretty much whoever you pick on the start splash screen after account confirmation, now it's changed and you can switch on the roster to play to level 10 then uncap to unlock that one hero for free.

It says my starter hero has a max level of 60? Is that it?

Oh on roster it says 3/10 and has an uncap button. Does that mean I can get the bonus?

Possibly, in the old system that hero would be "uncapped" and unlocked effectively on the account. Try switching to another hero, preferably one you want to play, then try uncap option at the bottom of the roster sheet.. if it offers for free (not Eternity Splinters or G cost) you might be good.
If you really want to keep the account name, the only option is to ignore your starter hero and use the day 2 Splinters to buy a

You can uncap any hero for free, yes. Just one, though.
Also press V and look at "login rewards", see if you'll get 400 ES or not on day 2.

Yes if you have Uncap then you should be equivalent of a new account. Remember you can unlock *almost any* hero with the Uncap, so check out the 600 ES heroes to see if you want any of them.

Yep I can get 400 ES on day 2. Guide said something about getting the 600 ES hero for free. How do I tell which ones those are? I wanted Cyclops but if it's better to get a 600 ES hero would you recommend one?

Just either take something fun to you or google up a list, man. Though there's a sale on a few hero now, I think. Look for an up to date one.

marvelheroes.info/items/heroes/#0-25-2-1

Of the 600s, Spider-Man, Doom, Deadpool, or Ghost Rider are good choices. Strange and Rogue are a bit higher skill cap but acceptable if you want to start with them, just bear in mind Rogue you have to track down bosses/players/team-ups to steal powers from.

Whatever you do don't get Iron Man or Captain America, you'll get to unlock one of them for free this weekend with a code.

How is the item nameplate bug and enemy damage tuning in patrol zones, mostly CMM currently? I haven't really played since the weekend when it was borked. The newspaper/magazine/event lead-up item drop rate might have decreased through live tuning or just the other regions during the week.

>carush so butthurt that his precious Lizard Formula and Task Guides are so shit that he now resorts to insulting muggas, punchies and everyone else

Face it m8, you're trash just like everyone else. If you weren't a shitter you would be part of the ONS speed running circle instead of having to pug it all the time.

>mfw Gazillion hasn't giving any more information on the Hela blessing nerf

Guess I'll get Deadpool.

I do have a few more questions. All the promo codes in the OP should I use the coffers from that first or after uncap? Also is all the stuff in the prologue just crap gear to use temporarily?

Like the Black Cat's Grappling Hook, Black Cat Medal, Living Laser Medal, etc.

I also got this Raft Break Out! pink I don't know what it's used for though.

Also what about these SHIELD Delivery Manifest? Do I just vendor them?

The Grappling Hook is an artifact and typically they'll either slightly increase your damage helping you kill faster or do other stuff like increase your spirit or whatever. Once you level and get better stuff you can usually just vendor them or donate them to the Crafter.

The pink newspaper articles are just an event item, you can sell or donate them. The Delivery Manifests are also things you can sell or donate.
Donating them to your Crafter to get him leveled up first is probably the ideal option.

Yeah, the SHIELD Delivery Manifests can be sold or donated. Sell it for credits, or donate it to level up your vendors. You want to donate to your Crafter first, then your Enchanter, and then your Weapon and Gear vendors.

Gear comes in: White>Green>Blue>Purple>Yellow (Cosmic)>Uniques. That's from the lowest to the highest. Cosmic gear has +1 to all powers, uniques usually have multiple +ranks to powers, so keep that in mind. Equip what you want, but you'll probably end up finding Cosmic gear occasionally, and you'll probably want to equip that.

As far as medallions go, those come in three tiers depending on what level the medallion is. Silver>Gold>Cosmic, with the Gold granting +1 to all powers and Cosmic granting +2. Living Laser's medallion is good for most heroes because it gives you +Spirit, but as Deadpool, your spirit is infinite (though +Spirit will benefit your powers in individual ways).

The Raft Break Out! is a newspaper event item for this Civil War event. You can just sell them. You need to collect all of them for an achievement, but having it once counts towards the achievement.

What about the promo coffers like Taskmaster's Mystery Box, Fortune Cards, etc? Do I just pop them open now?

Don't remember what's in them, but yeah, you should be okay opening them.

Does it matter which Crafter I donate them to? Like right now the only one I can find is Hank Pym.

All Crafters are connected and considered as one. Hank Pym in Avenger's Tower, Forge in Xavier's Mansion, Reed Richards in SHIELD Helicarrier, etc. Same goes for the Enchanter and Vendors.

Cool.

What about pet donation?

Pet Donation is a little weird. So, if you have a pet, you can donate gear (all five tiers above Normal [White]) until it reaches each individual tier's maximum. This will grant the pet (and therefore you) a bonus, with the bonus being random and from a table specific to that tier. For example, you might get +50 Spirit/Awesome from maxing out the Blue tier, but you can't get that from any of the other tiers. You can reset what you get with the Crafter after you level the crafter to a certain level. If you donate a blue item but already have your blue maximized, it'll donate it to the green tier. If the green tier is maximized, I think it'll sell you and give you a fraction (1/5th?) of its credit value.

If you go into Options>Gameplay, you can set it to autodonate/sell gear that drops on the ground. This will sell the item if you don't have a pet for a fraction of the price, or donate it if you have a pet (and then sell it if the tiers are filled out). This is DIFFERENT from donating to the vendors to level up. Unless you manually donate to the Crafter, the Crafter will not get any levels.

>Promotion/Link/Code
>INSTITUTE
>Reward
>BUG FÄ°XES

How do you tell the base values for the skill builds? Most of them have green 50s.

You can open them now, or keep them closed since some will open up into more than 1 item space worth of stuff.

Nevermind

Would you recommend Shoot All The Things or Canadian Devil for Deadpool?

Guide says they're interchangeable but I wanted to make sure.

>using canadian devil
>ever

>In other news, we've also adjusted tuning on Hightown, Midtown, ICP, Danger Room, Holo-Sim, and various other bosses. It should feel much better with this week's patch.
forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/comment/3588954#Comment_3588954
Meanwhile the Cosmic Madripoor Chase will be an unscaled incalculable mess due to notesting

Thanks user.

my man TB got you back bro
marvelheroes.info/build/33976/

BASED BING
A
S
E
D

B
I
N
G

Why play this game when there are better arpgs out there?

"For choice of aoe trash clearer SATB and Canadian Devil serve largely the same purpose. Use whatever one you prefer the look of. "

This is what I was talking about. It's in the forums link at the bottom of the guide.

M A R V E L
A
R
V
E
L

nah, I don't shittalk anyone except pugs. You'd know this if you were in the sg :^)

MAHVEL BAYBEE

Personally I find SATB to be a better trash clearer. At Lv60, it automatically has one point in it and you don't have to level it at all, and I have it at around Rank 30 with only that one point. It serves its purpose, imo. If you're leveling, you have immediate access to it over Canadian Devil.

I couldn't think of up a more marvelous answer if I tried.

I miss the cosmic trial civil war so much.

I am. Like right now, you're being so retarded by wondering why Frank would use a FoT. Stay shit, shitter.

sude pls

mine was the other reply friend.
Did they nerfed the cosmic trial? I feel like more and more shitters are on cosmic patrols.

it was never hard, people were passing it butt naked with only their uniques on even back when it was still being tuned

Forums whined enough and it became such a shit that it's basically only a formality. Now on top of that add the power creep and the defense tuning and the trial is a joke. Why do you think everyone was crying so hard about the sentinel stomp oneshotting shitters?

how do you want your loot family?

>Cosmic
>-48 Damage Rating

The Doop tournament was a success! Asros be praised! #TeamDoop

>asros finishing it on 27minutes
haha every time

So muggas are we organizing these raids or what?

Don't know who the mugga was yesterday, but if you start listing it, sure.

>wants guns
>wants guns when there is no playable hood
those guns aren't just for show you know?

Will there be memes?

strawpoll.me/10132578
strawpoll.me/10132586

12. Memessi

Hope this gets started. Thanks for the initiative, mugga.

>Eternity Shards will randomly pop up on the ground miles away.
What the fuck, is this people forgetting to pick up their shards are something?

no, it's stuff you damaged but didn't kill dying later on

>Jubilee will never be in the game

CW event:
pbs.twimg.com/media/Chqn68EUoAAhgA3.jpg:large
pbs.twimg.com/media/Chqn_JWUYAE6QLP.jpg:large
Sorry, can't save imgs atm