/dstg/ - Don't Starve Together General

Spring Cleaning edition

Discussions about both the single-player game and the multiplayer standalone are welcome.

>launch trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=bVbyn7c1X6E

>steam store
store.steampowered.com/app/322330

>wiki
dont-starve-game.wikia.com/wiki/Don't_Starve_Wiki

>Veeky Forums server
name: Veeky Forums
password: vidya
game mode: wilderness
pvp: enabled

youtube.com/watch?v=tAjbOJBfk5U

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/app/322330/discussions/0/483368433106969587/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>tfw it's probably going to die in less than 100 posts

not if we try.

Let's post screenshots to get things started.

>it's another "that little base you started alone has become the server's main hub once winter came and they took all your wool and silk to craft those hats" episode.

>people picking wendy and wigfried
>not able to get their own Silk and food
I am DISGUSTED

Obviously, none of those blokes were any help when the Deerclops came.
>half the base's population disconnects as soon as you can hear his breath.

fuck yea been waiting for a dont starve general.

wigfried was like. I WANNA KILL SPIDERS. WHERE ARE THEY.
When our base was literally surrounded with spider nest.

>it's another "it's winter and despite wearing warm hats or having thermal stones, your base-mates never make any efforts to go hunt for some supplies and instead idle in the base all day long, eating the food YOU bring home" episode

>everything on fire
>fire staff in hand
>"what are you doing"
>everyone dying
>starving
>deerclops
the perfect don't starve experience desu

>had a friend who wanted to play the game
>it was just us in the Winter
>both of us were actually good at the game
>had tons of food supplies
>just sat in base dancing and occasionally farming spiders until deerclops came and we just facetanked him with our supplies
>[dancing resumes]
it was pretty fun desu

Finding people's corpses in the swamp next to tentacles never fail to make me smile.

Let me tell you about that time I survived an entire year on a DST server, as Wes, and made it all the way to the second winter.

How did I eventually die might you ask? When a bunch of players joined, curious to see a server lasting this long, and proceeded to pull every spider from the nearby nests into the camp, then promptly dying. Causing me to have to deal with 5 ghosts' sanity drain, and a destroyed base.

Eventually, I died. Literally 2 minutes away from establishing my own personal 100 days surviving record.
The ghosts making the crockpot useless at every occasions was what convinced me to never play any mode other than Wilderness ever again. unless I play as Maxwell.

>utterly unable to pick up that turkey drumstick
t-thanks Klei

almost-fully-explored-map edition?

>page 9
I keep hearing people saying they want a DST general but it feels like I'm the only one actually trying.

>tfw died literally 1 mob away from unlocking Wes.

I've always wondered if that guy seriously split his flint stack in 10 before dying and why.

ded gaem

Game sucks.
I tried to get the devs to actually make Shipwrecked difficult because the seasons are piss easy to survive in (got to day 160 or whatever during the beta on my first try ALL WHILE USING WES), but no, they decided to listen to casual shitters who were upset that puddles were spawning in their bases, so that got nerfed, upset that volcanic rocks killed them, so they nerfed that, upset that poison killed them, so they nerfed that.

The developers for Don't Starve can go fuck themselves. There's nothing even remotely interesting about a survival game that takes no fucking effort to actually survive in.

When all of the top players are streaming and showing themselves utterly breaking new content with ease, all without dying once, then you know something should be changed, and it did actually get changed to be honest, only they changed it to be even easier thanks to fucking shitters.

Yes, I am mad and no, you cannot bitch about my post because your shitty general is fucking dead anyway.

maybe you should just chill the fuck out and enjoy the game instead of calling it shit for not being your 10/10 gamefu

Did Klei change the way Webber interacts with friendly spiders? I recall being able to command my spiders to attack a target without having to physically hit said target myself a few months back, but that seems to have changed.

pls come to the server in the OP guys,
we're having fun.

FUCK OFF MIDSON AND STOP BLAMING ME FOR ALL YOUR MY PROBLEM

cant find the server in the list?

Im not seeing it. I JUST updated too. wtf. server details means nothing if I cant find it in the list with filters.

Someone is on the server with me right now so it should appear somewhere

reset the filters if you haven't
I got in with just "Veeky Forums" with reset filters

I tried all that. idk man just blame klei

are you sure you aren't looking on like LAN or something?

Try adding "Deity Link" on steam. avatar is a smiling squirtle.

so the server was just outdated
also I got a mustard yellow shirt while I was playing

Ok so turns out the server was outdated.

It's fixed now.

name: Veeky Forums
password: vidya

3 people now
that's a new record

Thanks spiders

everybody is getting off for now
we made it all the way to midsummer (aka hell) so far
it's on wilderness by the way so even if you die you'll just respawn randomly on the map with no map unlocked or recipies

>midsummer
more like 2 days into summer.

Either way I'll make another thread and re-open the server tomorrow.

steamcommunity.com/app/322330/discussions/0/483368433106969587/
here's what I found for the Plugged Sinkholes
I don't think it needs to generate a new world as the caves worlds are technically different servers independent from the main world