/kspg/ Kerbal Squad Probation General

drama edition

>Can the game be considered a full release?
No, for all intents and purposes, KSP should be considered still in early access state. The game is nowhere near being able to stand on its own legs both from a gameplay perspective (career mode is definitely not ready and balanced) and a stability perspective. There are still major bugs and memory leaks that shouldn't exist on a finished game.

>Are there big issues with the game?
Bugs and instability are still real and frequent problems, as with every product still in beta. Ask in thread for details.

>What are the devs doing?
Modified versions of popular mods are being included in the stock game while the game engine is being upgraded to its latest version. The next major update (1.1) is supposedly going to bring a complete overhaul of the GUI, be 64bit friendly, have a refined physics/heating/aero model and generally perform better. An external team with heavily questionable experience (Flying Tiger Entertainment) is being tasked with porting the game to PS4, XboxOne and Wii U. They seem to be rushing for an imminent deadline and they are also working on a version of the game that will be obsolete in a few weeks/months.

>Should I buy the game?
KSP is very enjoyable at first, then it usually needs to be modded to retain some sort of longevity, but doing so may dramatically increase the instability of the game. You will be very familiar with the word "Oops!". The Developers, Squad, have shown many times that they can't handle the project and are trying to squeeze all the money they can with the least amount of effort and with controversial PR tactics. The general consensus at /kspg/ is that you should torrent the game, not because the game itself is unplayable, but because most of us agree that Squad does not deserve your money.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jJyWawC-LU4
youtube.com/watch?v=BY6uZPvgBqQ
pastebin.com/11ESnTdE
kerbalspaceprogram.com/
dontdothisto.me/Games/iamabadperson/
dropbox.com/s/atzhizfw7pxjdoa/RLA_ProbeParts.zip?dl=0
dropbox.com/s/why12sc8rdoybed/RLA_ProbeParts105.zip?dl=0
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/50701-c
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/forum/4-add-ons/
spacedock.info/
imgur.com/a/lIHNS#0
imgur.com/a/S3Qxf
i.imgur.com/PBuWyVx.jpg
alterbaron.github.io/ksp_aerocalc/
ksp.olex.biz/
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/87463-105-swashs-delta-v-map
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/
pastebin.com/vLmE1QbY
i.imgur.com/dJQEXBX.png
fanfiction.net/s/10607988/1/Structural-Failure
pastebin.com/HK7Qd6if
spaceflightnow.com/tracking/index.html
eol.jsc.nasa.gov/HDEV/
raceintospace.org
abandonia.com/en/games/183/Buzz Aldrins Race into Space.html
reddit.com/r/KerbalSpaceProgram/comments/4hw5x7/in_regards_to_pdtvs_post_damion_rayne_former_ksp/d2t7hdm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Previous thread: >Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=jJyWawC-LU4

>Dev Stream:
youtube.com/watch?v=BY6uZPvgBqQ

>FAQ
pastebin.com/11ESnTdE

>Game site
kerbalspaceprogram.com/
dontdothisto.me/Games/iamabadperson/

>KSP mods
dropbox.com/s/atzhizfw7pxjdoa/RLA_ProbeParts.zip?dl=0 (RLA probe parts, /kspg/ exclusive)
dropbox.com/s/why12sc8rdoybed/RLA_ProbeParts105.zip?dl=0 (probe parts for 1.0.5)
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/50701-c (forum mod list)
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/forum/4-add-ons/ (mod subforums)
spacedock.info/ (community mod repository)

>Flags
imgur.com/a/lIHNS#0

>Party-approved rendezvous and docking tutorials
imgur.com/a/S3Qxf
i.imgur.com/PBuWyVx.jpg

>Some useful calculators
alterbaron.github.io/ksp_aerocalc/ (doesn't work w/ new aero)
ksp.olex.biz/ (phase angle calculator, for planning trips to other planets)
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/87463-105-swashs-delta-v-map (deltaV map)

>Official forum
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/

>Hotkeys for operating your craft that are never mentioned anywhere else.
pastebin.com/vLmE1QbY
i.imgur.com/dJQEXBX.png

>Official /kspg/ fan fiction
fanfiction.net/s/10607988/1/Structural-Failure
pastebin.com/HK7Qd6if

>List of IRL launches.
spaceflightnow.com/tracking/index.html

>View from the ISS:
eol.jsc.nasa.gov/HDEV/

>Race Into Space
raceintospace.org

>Original BARIS for DOSBox scaling and filters and shit
abandonia.com/en/games/183/Buzz Aldrins Race into Space.html

snek, BARIS, Orbiter, Space Engine, OpenTTD, Take On Mars, Project CARS, ULA posting, Aurora, TRUMP 2016, abu ali al-scatterer-khan, yuri, and planes are also welcome ITT. Turning the thread to shit and ruining the thread's comfiness is not.

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN
2016 - 2108
THE WALL

Hullo!

get a trip iowa

That's it!! i'm fed up with it.

I'm calling the police on you Cat rapists.
This has to stop. those poor pets..

You'll get an FBI notice soon

who here /comfy/

me desu
>watching baseball with the volume turned down
>listening to some comfy music
>playing some TIE fighter

THE FALSE PARADIGM FALLS

fix the goddamn press release for 1.1 in the OP

Hullo, piano teacher.

Testing

>!!wKdoo43XK1v
>doo

>doo
Okay, no more tripfagging from me.

POO

I'm shitposting on voip and browsing COBI lego tank sets

bretty fun desu

>tfw Tiger 131 set will be here friday
>tfw gonna be a huge naziboo

So there's a person posting all the same yuri garbage on #kspmodders and simultaneously defending squad and trying to shame dissenters.

Just in case you still think we have a cute innocent girl poster who just wants to comfy post.

Reminder angry user is still out there, though his life support machine is running out of battery.

Reminder that this Yuri also beat us into orbit.

What a fag

reddit.com/r/KerbalSpaceProgram/comments/4hw5x7/in_regards_to_pdtvs_post_damion_rayne_former_ksp/d2t7hdm

Interesting points I noted:

>Too tight control on information - the moderation team works under extreme pressures all the time due to Squad's insistence on silencing dissent in its forum and requiring quick action from the team when something goes bad in a live event (like the infamous DLC fiasco)

>Squad owners Adrian Goya and Ezequiel Ayarza have been doing extremely well for themselves (with Goya starting a record label and Ayarza working on a movie script) while they pay the minimum they can, reject raise proposals and ultimately fire people when they can't do the work anymore or people just quit because they can't keep themselves while working for Squad.

>article on popular website from 2 years ago says exactly where all the money has gone
>MAN never found this

hilarious

I've never played piano in my life

Space is fun
Squad is a shitty company
Kerbal is a dream that became a mediocre nightmare

(repost because whatever)

/kspg/, I've had a vision of a different November 2016. It was weak though, much will need to be done before it can come to fruition, but know that each of you has the power within you to make it come true.

>Squad is smoldering amongst burnt out ruins
>KSP is finally open source
>Due to a settlement from a class action lawsuit, we all get our $8 back
>President Trump
>Maxmaps hangs from a chain

>>KSP is finally open source
Why do you cling to this like it's something that can happen? It runs on Unity, an engine you have to pay to access the source of.

You're right, nevermind, let's all just pack up and go home.

Because we're going to burn it to the ground before we build it back up, user. How else do you think we will rid the codebase of all of Max's false-paradigm-promoting inclusions?

You mean everyone other than you is going to do all of that.

Space is fun
Kerbal is fun
Squad is fun

Here's a new angle to chew on. So we've argued Squad mistreats their devs. What of it? We haven't brought home the critical point that Squad's tactics have produced subpar work.

The work is much more complicated now. Everyone is up in billies about devs rights, but we need to connect the dots to failures to uphold consumers rights due to the deceptive and contradictory nature of KSP's post-2012 business tactics.

Space is fun
Kerbal is fun
Squad is fun

SPACE IS FUN
KERBAL IS FUN
SQUAD IS FUN

SPACE IS FUN
KERBAL IS FUN
SQUA͓͇̜D̲̬̝̳̫̝͕ ̬͚̱̖̙ͅIS͍͚̟̪͙̺̮ ̺͉͓͈̣FU̪̳̟̻̳̝N

Somehow I substituted "arms" with "billies"

Make of that what you will.

>So we've argued Squad mistreats their devs
In the past they have, due to years old accounts from people that haven't been there in years. If more current devs come out and say that the edited section of isn't quite right and devs are still being paid a pittance, then the financial route can be taken.

I think the more salient point is that development seems over-managed to the point where stringent deadlines are set for no apparent reason (they self publish, they can update when the hell they like), and that has knock on effects on both the game (buggy releases), the devs (crunch time on updates+hotfixes) and the community (having to deal with buggy releases). Why do they do this?

>stringent
I think "arbitrary" fits better... because they are so lax about time and about deadlines, at least externally, and that pisses me off more than anything. The lack of iteration means they can develop a feature "in secret" and force-feed it to the community.

The counterargument is that a room full of people yelling at the top of their lungs won't get anything done, and I hear that, but I think the _reason we paid Squad however many million dollars we did_ is so that they could _manage the process_, and instead of managing a framework, giving the modders extensive access by acting more as an API than as a "game," they failed to deliver a product consummate to the amount of capital invested.

Moreover, it is their intention that this be the state of affairs, we, the supporters, are kept carefully blindfolded, funneling money into a chute and receiving periodic updates in return. Modders being elevated to the status of devs is a very recent development, and it is a trickle, not a torrent, which is what our money, if fully invested, could have been used to create a framework for.

A self-sustaining corporate entity staffed by passionate individuals who were "in-the-fold" but also active members of the playing and modding community.

This did not happen. Multiplayer is a lie. 1.0 was a sham. Consoles will crash-and-burn. They will give up, and it will be up to the passionate fans to pick up the pieces.

Of course, it's not too late to avoid this future. It's just the current trajectory we are on.

>Of course, it's not too late to avoid this future. It's just the current trajectory we are on.
At this point, is Squad really worth trying to salvage, or should we just let them give up and leave the game in the hands of people much more capable, less money-grubbing, and actually play the game they're working on?

>is Squad really worth trying to salvage
This implies there once was a vessel seaworthy enough to be salvageable.

I do like the metaphor though... The thing that would lead to a "salvaging" of KSP... is likely an impossibility.

Hullo snek.

hELP

but how did he post
keked tho

KSP can be salvaged, surely
Trying to get Squad to do it is what's impossible
Regardless, in the end they're still a Mexican marketing company
One would hardly want their game to be in hands like those
We can only hope this game becomes abandonware before modders lose interest in it

So what are all you friends up to? I'm watching someone play Ace Combat X on twitch and eating fake mexican food

Where?
Also I'm finally getting to the end of Super Danganronpa 2

>best regards, Albanian virus
Aww, it's kinda cute.

Hullo. I am returned.

I'm engaging in xtreme procrastination right about now.

playing some fun videogames

Where to what? The stream link? it's twitch/Ozymandias555

also I don't know what that is but cool!

I've been thinking about doing an IVA-only playthrough of KSP, would any of you anons be interested?

Nice, how was dinner?

What are you avoiding?

>fun
but mild, that's not war thunder :^)

>What are you avoiding?
Oh, I have an important project that's due a couple months ago.

Thanks.
A game in which you solve mysteries and murder cases.
What about a stream?

do not speak of that cursed name

It was bretty good.

Your hands still remind me of him and how useless he was to me. He made me pay him but never really taught me technique.

I don't get what you're asking, user.

Unless this is a meme about squad you should probably get on that.

I've actually had a little bit of fun in some of the events, it's fun when you're clubbing the shit out of people.
Though honestly I think overall single player games are more fun. The experience can't be ruined by other people.

What did she make?

For a minute I thought that was xwing alliance

I had a great "my nigga" gif lined up and everything.

Shit, I'm sorry if I'm confusing you. I just asked if you could do a stream of your IVA playthrough.

Yeah, that's what I was planning on. I need to do a computer rebuild first I think.

Spaghetti and homemade meatballs. Simple, but very, very sweet of her to do. :3

Sorry I forgot the picture, she came into the bedroom to tell me it was ready and we both got a bit distracted.

gay

Spaghetti and meatballs is a nice simple but tasty dish. I should make that sometime.

>rebel scum
n a w
a
w

Also, if anybody knows why the sound doesn't work for TIE fighter in dosbox, you should tell me.

Ah ok.
Me too, CPU's getting fucked up.

Was it homemade pasta? Did she make her own sauce?

>implying XWA isn't about privateers

Hullo

I'm on a 5 year old CPU. Actually double checking on ark.intel.com it launched in q3 2009, so it's actually a nearly 7 year old CPU.

It's served me well and all, but it's just old. The upgrade will easily double my framerates in PCSX2 (a big reason I'm upgrading) and probably KSP too.

Reminder no game will ever approach this paragon of perfection.

if you're rebuilding, waiting until the end of the year, if you can would be a good idea

new GPU's in summer, new CPU's in winter, from all involved

nvidia is talking shit about 10x perf, probably untrue but if that's their exaggerated number

2017 computers will be fully alien to your current way of thinking about performance

I actually only played XWA a few times in the early 00's, I'll have to pick it up sometime.

I've literally been putting this build off for a year. I'm probably gonna buy a cheap-ish GPU used and just use that for a bit, literally none of the GPU deals available are any good.

It was the first game I modded. By changing a line in the files you could make all ships flyable in the custom game mode. "Hacking" the game to fly a super star destroyer was a defining moment of my childhood.

The pasta and sauce was store-bought but that's alright. It was sweet of her. One day I'll show her how to make homemade.

Where did you learn to cook yuri? How long have you been cooking? what's your favorite thing to cook

show her your meatballs

you've already waited one year, another should be easy

very funny user. The rebuild is more of a CPU upgrade anyway, and there's basically no chance intel is going to make any significant performance leaps in the next year. 14 nm was already a huge pain in the ass and hell on yields, I'll be surprised if they hit 11 nm soon.

I learned some from my mom and taught myself from there after I moved out . Started just by following recipes and figuring out what worked with what. I wouldn't say I have a favorite thing to cook though, just whatever might sound good.

Eh, that's okay, I can ignore that I've ever read that it was store-bought. She did it for someone she cared about and that's enough.

>tfw you will never ever cook your own pasta and own sauce for a girl

Homemade pasta sauce is pretty easy anyway. Getting the meatballs right I think is probably more important.

I want to make my own pasta from scratch sometime, that sounds like it'd be fun.

>captcha is choose all pasta
epic

Remember the pasta I made a couple days ago?
With entirely store-bought ingredients?

Does it trigger you that the sauce I got had small meatballs in it?

I don't know how to make pasta sauce.
Do grills like sauteed chicken or roast pork belly?
; ;

Pasta sauce is easy user. But both of those dishes sound great too.
t. not a grill

Nothing that when you make it and it comes out perfectly gives you an excellent smug feeling?

THEY ARE ACTUALLY LEARNING THAT SQUAD IS SHIT

IT IS FINALLY HAPPENING

I wouldn't expect anything to change unless Squad goes on indefinite vacation.

It's the only thing that matters

After finally patching the game they are taking a "well deserved several week vacation" according to steam.

Lazy mexicans and their siestas.

I hear kneading the dough is a bitch though. That's basically the only thing keeping me from trying it.

I think tomorrow I will bake cookies. Would you guys be interested in some blogging about that?

Hey now, a siesta is what lost them the Mexican-American war.

Fucking excuse me you feline cocksucker? Did you really buy a shitty pasta that included shitty sauce with shitty meatballs? How low can you go? You need to rethink your pasta ways once and for all.

Tomato, onion, garlic, pepper, salt and meat are the ingredients I use, though there are a lot of variations in how it's done and the ingredients used. The magic of sauce-making is that you get to choose how your pasta will taste like.

Hey, the meatballs were a nice touch to what would otherwise have just been a boring meal
And hell if I'm going to even make frozen meatballs when I could just get a different jar through no extra effort of my own, much less make my own meatballs like you probably want me to

I'll just go back to eating rice.

>not going to the store right now and buying a ribeye steak

Delete this, you're the worst kind of shitposter

Well, there was one time I had to eat store-bought raviolis
The preparation was a pain in the fucking ass
And of top of it all, the insides of the raviolis just contained a ball of who knows what

You should make the meatballs too. There's no point in eating pasta if you're not doing it al by yourself.

>There's no point in eating pasta if you're not doing it al by yourself.
Says who?

>Not correcting me
reee

Also, me and my strong devotion for homemade pasta cooking

>being italian

>Implying I'm italian.
Wasn't there an actual italianon here?

Well, you're wrong and your devotion is stupid
You should be devoted to better things, like sucking cat dick

We're going to put a movie on and cuddle until we fall asleep now.

Sweet dreams /kspg/.

Behave yourselves.

Your post just reminded me that Iowa didn't jerk off his cat today
I've been bamboozled by him for the last time

Do your best! :^)

Except you're the one who's wrong.
You should be devoted to homemade pasta.

W-what are you going to do.

Homemade pasta can't love you though, no matter how much love you put into it

Next time
He's not going to slip away so easily

>He's not going to slip away so easily
Ominous.

>Referring to me in third person while replying to the same individual he's threatening
phew.

aaaaaaaa

delet dis

But where's the cat dick?

>Replying to someone who's not me
;^)