Is race really a social construct?

Is race really a social construct?

Other urls found in this thread:

aryanism.net/politics/white-nationalists/why-race-matters/
aryanism.net
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yes and no

Yes and No

Yes, because communities of genetically similar people are going to have different physical and mental attributes that differentiate them from other communities

No, because you can't divide them into neat categories like "white", "black", etc.

It is when it's most commonly used to racialize a person's actions and background as being outside the accepted, majority, 'white' culture. As the concept of biological divide has faded away from popular thinking, race as a cultural marker putting someone inside or outside the accepted group has taken over.

In America these days, outside of fringe race nationalist groups and government forms, you are white, black, latino, or asian not so much because of your ethnicity, but because you either choose to distinguish yourself or are forcibly distanced from the inoffensive middle-class consumer class.

At least partially, yes

aryanism.net/politics/white-nationalists/why-race-matters/

>aryanism.net

>aryanism.net

I'm sure this will strive to be as unbiased as possible.

You did not even read it. So abstain from making ignorant comments which just make you look idiotic.

>Abstain from comments which make you look idiotic

says the one citing aryanism.net

WE
WUZ
ARYANS

Go away, idiot.

Of course it is to some extent.

You're never going to find behavior that is 100% unique to a specific race, because we are all individuals.

Stereotypes might have a grain of truth to them sometimes, but it's not like only black people can dance and have big dicks, and only white people have nasally voices and laugh like horses.

Yes, aboriginals and northern Europeans are the same race. Aboriginals and Amerindians were technologically stagnant because reasons, now stop being racist.

>technologically stagnant
Try not having invented any technology at all. Amerindians and Abos were basically just wildlife. This is a dumb thread, of course race exists. Even if it doesn't, I really hope the nigger gene dies.

>b-but pol told me that Veeky Forums.org was a safe space for my ironpilled racial defense literature???

Amerindians weren't stagnant just behind.

thats funny

>stop being racist

do you know what website you're on? fuck off back to plebbit

Because they were wild savages, who cares anyway? They're dead, and we no longer have to live in teepees.

le plebbit xD

Check yourself and realize that you have a lot to learn from other cultures.

Posting racist comments has always been against the rules here. Only very recently have racists been trying to rewrite history and claim they are some silent majority. Sorry you got tricked into joining the fight here.

Its just like breeds of dogs. Some are superior to others. Border collies are the most intelligent, while dalmations are near the bottom of the list.

Its the same with humans. Europeans and Asians are more intelligent and capable than other races. They sre simple superior. Whites and asians also have neanderthal admixture, so it isnt fair to say europeans and abos are the same thing.

There's this thing called reality you need to learn to accept. races are different from eachother. Some are superior to others.

There is no such thing as race. Humans are of a sentient family, where we are closer or further relatives of the same tree.

yeah, I can safely say I dont have anything to learn from abos or blacks.

t. Carl the Cuck

>Its just like breeds of dogs
Its nothing at all like breeds of dogs. How do you think dog breeding works, exactly?

>the dog breeding meme again
I really fucking hate you people

t. /an/

That doesn't mean we should mix with the inferior members of the family. Seriously, who would wanna dick a nigger? At least Japanese are kinda cute because they're white but niggers are literally the worst race on Earth at everything except running fast.

Are you white?

>Its just like breeds of dogs. Some are superior to others.
WHY DO PEOPLE KEEP SAYING THIS

WHY DOES NOBODY KNOW HOW DOG BREEDING WORKS

WHYYYYYYY

this

>Europeans and Asians are more intelligent and capable than other races.

Group difference in intelligence doesn't mean you're more capable broseph.

If it is, explain white rednecks, Southern Baptists, and SJWs.

yeah, there is a thing as race. If you actually try to argue that there is no difference between abos and europeans you are smoking crack

>rednecks, Southern Baptists, and SJWs.
minorities compared to the abundance of retarded niggers

Go look up IQ and crime stats sometime, have fun.

IQ for the average of the group.

yeah you will find retards in every group but asians and whites have a higher IQ on average than blacks or abos. This is a fact.

>IQ

Spooky

/thread

Race is not a social construct, it's a physical reality. Unless you want to say that we are all human, which is fact.

That isn't what race means in the parlance of humanities though, ie what this fucking board is supposed to be about

When people say "race is a social construct" they don't mean "there are literally no genetic variance in human beings" they mean that white, black, Hispanic, etc. are all pretty useless and arbitrary terms

Why people can't understand this I just don't fucking know

What people mean by race is a social contract is that people don't fit into neat categories like 'white' 'black' 'asian' etc., not that there's no variance

>yeah you will find retards in every group but asians and whites have a higher IQ on average than blacks or abos

Yeah, but this literally means nothing other than just a tidbit of statistical knowledge.

This doesn't mean you should treat people differently, and it certainly doesn't mean that race isn't at some level a social construction.

There's a difference between a statistical fact, and someone thinking that X behavior is intrinsic to a race biologically, the former of which is fine, the latter of which is pure unscientific bullshit.

Because it's easier to a post a picture of an African next to a European and say 'HAHAHAA LIBTARDS BELIEVE THESE ARE LITERALLY THE SAME'

IQ has no relation to work done on this earth. Man's intellect is a maturing, malleable absorption of knowledge and activity. This can be increased At Will.

it's the same thing as saying children born from rich families are superior to other children but their lives haven't even begun yet.

Life is decided by survival of the fittest. Not by what's given to you.

>race is a social contract

Lmao

It's funny because it's a touch accurate too

>oh look, it's another esoteric interpretation of Hitler to promote some shape of unspecified eugenics

too bad reading these gets boring quickly

>technologically stagnant

But northern Europeans were technologically stagnant up until Rome colonized them.

>CRIME STATS

HOLY SHIT. You didn't even try to hide yourself. Go back to /pol/ and stay there. Your ONLY space in this galaxy is on /pol/ because that's the only place that insanity is tolerated.

I don't wanna be inferior

>they think all races are equal

what are such delusional cucks doing on my Veeky Forums?

Veeky Forums has always hates niggers, you dont belong here.

>criminal stats are racist

Are you le trole

>crime stats dont matter

you best be trolling right now.

How does that make someone a cuck?

The same as what?

Are you literally terrified of crime? So much to the fact that you keep infographic jpegs on your computer memory storage just to, by chance, need to display a simple fact that blacks are in jail quite a bit?

hahahaha, mission accomplished.

I had no idea it was this easy to troll.

t. cuckold connoisseur

I wish we could have a discussion on that topic, but apparently we can't, because we got invaded by /pol/.

Remember to report /pol/tards whenever you see them.

It's probably the same 3-4 posters too.

>that deflection

lmao I'm sorry that facts show that there are inherently different races, different in both intelligence, as well as things like levels of violence. Maybe when your vacation in liberal retard land ends and you come back to reality you will finally accept the truth.

you dont belong on Veeky Forums. Fuck off back to plebbit and tumblr.

Veeky Forums has always hated niggers. Your little cuckfest might be fine on r/bernie but that shit will never fly on Veeky Forums. Get the fuck out.

>/pol/tards think he needs to "redpill" people on Veeky Forums

oh lol

brainlets, when will they learn

Why can't we have a variety of opinions?

Why do people say reddit is not racist?

>Veeky Forums is one person

toplyl

>only white guilt sources are allowed on Veeky Forums

>anything that is not Nazism is white guilt

Why the binary worldview?

Maybe i'd be an expert on the subject since maybe i'm a black male that's pursing an undergrad for aerospace engineering, minor in computer science.

'Racists' are anyone who dehumanize a group of people because they do not act as they would want them to. I act however the fuck I want. Whether 'criminal', 'righteous', or as a degenerate. Free will, free life. I'm just doing what's convenient.

because your retarded sjw delusions have already seeped into every aspect of the internet and real life. Veeky Forums is one of the last bastions where the truth can be discussed and where people arent blinded by leftist delusions.

fuck off out of here.

>can be increased at will

and where, pray tell, does this 'will' come from?

WE

WUZ

ASTRONUTZ

N

SHIEEEET

>Veeky Forums is one of the last bastions where the truth can be discussed

lol

>pray tell

by definition it is, since it doesn't really mean more than "phenotypically and geographically separated". It is not used in zoology/biology despite from pet animals. It is therefore a category mainly applied to humane domains. Humans, are the most social animal after all.

There is, however, and I think, thats what you're asking, genetic variation between the "races", as it is between brothers and sisters as well, just to another extend.

you convinced me

I am now a #LewontinMissile

The only reason you think WAAAAH LE SJWS ARE EBREWER is because you spend all of your goddamn time on Veeky Forums.

I more or less agree with you but who says pray tell

>Group difference in intelligence doesn't mean you're more capable broseph.

Are you being serious here?

>implying Lewontin was wrong.

The liken of learning and the want to rule over others.

No but culture is and humans create cultures and cultural divides around race, nationality, religion, etc

>IQ has no relation to work done on this earth.
Troll tier stupidity.

>This can be increased At Will.
But that's wrong. Otherwise, explain why kids can fail in school.

His findings weren't wrong, strictly speaking, but the conclusion he came to was. We have far better methods of analyzing genomes to determine geographic ancestry (which race is a crude proxy for).

To be expected for a Jew, who was as is typical committed to the programme of abolishing biological determinism. See also Boas, Herskovitz, Whorf, Sapir, Diamond, Marks, Gould, etc. etc. etc.

Did you know that all personality traits are heritable?

old people

You;re right but it's important not to go too far and disregard environmental factors which are also very important.

>this whole thread
Dear Lord in Heaven deliver your servant from the edge, the angst, and the sheer classy narrow-brimmed-hatness of the 16 year old stormweenies that now infest this hallowed place.
I'm not over exaggerating in the least when I say Veeky Forums has never been this bad. This whole board reeks of the basement dwelling master race. Those great neck bearded warriors of the internet, hell bent on saving white men from the multicultural feminazis (not the the cool kind of Nazis amirite) of Western degeneracy

>But that's wrong. Otherwise, explain why kids can fail in school.
Maybe because they don't do the work?

To be sure environmental factors are the most important, because they determine what traits are selected for in an organism's evolutionary history.

But the use of "social and environmental factors" as non-falsifiable apologetics has simply gone too far. Environment is a big deal when measuring cognitive ability of children but it becomes vanishingly small as the subject moves into adulthood, unless the conditions were so bad as to cause permanent brain damage.

>being this wrong about the world and human nature
I almost feel sorry for you.

You imply that all kids who fail just didn't try hard enough. Some kids just aren't as smart as others, just deal with it.

>le lazy, misunderstood genius meme

Let me guess, you tell your parents and relatives that school "bored" you as an excuse for being a low IQ dipshit who couldn't handle simple tasks?

Reality is a social construct.

not am argument

Well, now you're thinking outside the box.

I've been on this board since 07. There had always been kids shouting the n word left and right and trolls for white supremacy but it has really picked up in vitality and numbers as of late.

Definitely. Really though every single word is a social construct, because we use language socially and have to agree on the definitions in order to get anything done.

It doesn't actually say anything about what may be underlying the construct. We do tend to build our constructs on apparent common experiences.

I implore you guys to show how numbers ranging from 0-100 in red ink, on a piece of paper translate into the real world.

I think differences between human groups (whether it be in intelligence, physiology, or whatever) are really interesting and I like to read about it but why is it that the only people writing relevant stuff are literal neo-Nazis?

I get that the conclusions that some races have more cognitive abilities than others is pretty much inescapable. But why can't I read an article on this stuff without knowing that before the end I'm going to be reading about how Hitler was the greatest man who ever lived and the Jews did 9/11.

we've been doing it for hundreds of years

if you're one of those "you can't quantize the human spirit!!" guys then tough noogies

Technically yes, since humans are too diverse to be divided into just 4-5 groups. That said, biological differences absolutely exist.

1-200. 100 is the average.

And you need to understand what it is about. IQ correlates strongly with academic achievement.

Okay.

>don't complete simple tasks everyone else around you does successfully
>get low marks in red ink on your assignments
>fail classes and drop out of school
>it is now extremely difficult for you to be successful in society since you can't find a decent paying job

There, I just showed you how red ink on a piece of paper translates into the real world.

>Did you know that all personality traits are heritable?
I'm sure you meant, inheritable.

Are you trying to say that the first EVER 'white superior race' were ingeniously gifted since it's genealogy? And it was just sleeper OP until 800BC?

Can you describe to me how sentient thought came to be? and it's progression? Are you also asserting that's NOT simply by chance that a 'white superior race' member came up with the thought 'I think therefore i am"?