Minecraft General - /mcg/

Shitshow Builds Edition

Previous thread: We discuss minecraft, minecraft packs, projects, seeds, building ideas...
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more builds!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here; use the list from the link below to advertise it.

>==[Links]====[News]==

Other urls found in this thread:

dropbox.com/s/3b4u1f38oidyer8/baublebox_1.0 [1.7.10].jar
eloraam.com/
twitter.com/therealeloraam/status/517800431482056704
pastebin.com/aauugvwd
youtube.com/watch?v=htPQaAK9zeg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

MAGIC IS SUPERIOR

And in regards to the OP Screenshot: You ever lay out an area for a grand base, maybe mark out a basic outline with cobblestone, and figure "I'll get back to it later on" and return to your little starter hidey-hole? Only to emerge from that hole again with a high tier armor and enough diamonds to buy out god?

>dropbox.com/s/3b4u1f38oidyer8/baublebox_1.0 [1.7.10].jar
Repostan this for those who might want it. It's literally just the bauble case stripped out of buttania

Currently working on stripping the useful baubles out as a separate mod.

>And it worked well code-wise, i've never had any issues with it across ~4 packs i made that included it
Constant crashes with custom dimension mods in 1.4.6, dropping down in TPS very quickly on one of my own servers in 1.2.5 here.

>see above
>I haven't had any issues with redpower
>so clearly, nobody else did! Ever!

>literally everyone uses it even when there are other apis available
No, I'm talking about Eloraam's Forge. Almost none of it was there by the time cpw came along.

>yes, i too would not let literally anyone contribute code for my own project
Contributing code =/= asking them to make the MCF thread, forums and manage the community. (Also, I talked to oldbie modders - Lex was generally a nice person until he became alone, according to most.)

>this fucking statement
What's wrong with that statement? Iterating on ideas is great, literally every modder did it on every single unique idea BuildCraft had and somehow everyone's grateful for that, but when you do it to Sacred Mod it causes massive amounts of butthurt.

>the irony of the "ripping off RP2" is that most of the big techmods these days are clones of eachother
That is absolutely correct! 1.8/1.9 has literally four or five AE-esque mods.

RedLogic is likely more performant, though. P:Red is not going to use FMP anymore either, as it's dead.

>They hired several retards out of the modding community.
Dinnerbone and Grum were hired in early 2012. They're the primary PC Minecraft developers. My argument is correct.

>Eloraam left because people were ripping off her mod without remorse, and when she said she wished they would stop, she was attacked and doxed.
No, she herself stated she left over the Microsoft buyout. She even managed to shut down BluePower before reaching a compromise with the devs.

>Anything else you need me to correct you on?

from eloraam.com/
During the main development period of the mod, I was unemployed. It was a full-time job to develop and maintain it. Since I started working, I tried updating it several times, including a major redesign, but constant code churn between MC, MCP names, and Forge kept erasing the progress I made.
keep fabricating stuff please, it's entertaining to read
not even gonna respond to the rest of your post, it's obvious you're shilling

>not even gonna respond to the rest of your post, it's obvious you're shilling
No, it's obvious you're out of arguments.

>During the main development period of the mod, I was unemployed. It was a full-time job to develop and maintain it. Since I started working, I tried updating it several times, including a major redesign, but constant code churn between MC, MCP names, and Forge kept erasing the progress I made.
How is that blaming anyone, ever? Porting mods is a normal thing to do, everyone has to do it, people who don't manage to keep up quit the community. That's not "people tried to clone my mod and I left", that's not "Lex took over Forge and I left", that's just "porting took too long so I left" which is a common complaint among all modders.

All the drama happened on Twitter, you know, not her ancient website. People attacked her when she voiced that she should have a right over her own mod, then they doxed her, so she just gave a final fuck you to the mod community by leaving forever.

FMP isn't dead, I just saw someone dragging that horse into 1.8.9 or 1.9.

twitter.com/therealeloraam/status/517800431482056704

First of all, Eloraam was doxed in 1.4.7, and she left over that then. Then she came back in 1.7.10, and left during the buyout - read the tweet, the surrounding tweets, and the date.

As for FMP, yes - but it will only be a thin wrapper over MCMP, which has been renamed to FMP and will be included into Forge by the end of the week.

Need help with ideas for a small, underwater base for a faction PVP server. Been using pic related for a while but would like to switch it up a bit

Turn the floor glass, fill with lava. Cover with Gravel, to match the sea floor and not look out of place to people looking with Nightvision.

muh dawks
muh twitter
muh pronouns
muh permissions
muh modder's rights
muh paymetreon to do literally nothing

we're better off without him

Question for y'all - should I cut out some of the shit flugel wing types?

>WE GOTTA GO DEEPER

>MCMP
>FMP wrapper
>in Forge

you're going to have to explain all of this. I thought Forge was never to have microblocks.

>muh entitlement
>muh selfishness
>muh insensitivity
>muh rudeness

we're better off without you

>that feel when you lose your one-in-a-million Mushroom Biome base because you neglected to put a water drop at the bottom of your mineshaft
Hardcore is suffering.

>Tried to play IE singleplayer
>CPU tanked out

It's not great, 2.67 quad i7 but holy shit I could barely render that shit on fast graphics.
What do you mc on mcg?

>pic related: my cpu

You've inspired me
Shit a submarine workstation would be the balls.

3.4 Quad i7 and 16 gigs of ram help, though it can get really bad if you build a lot of machines.

Best option is to build your own. Avoid the crazy worldgen mods (BoP, RWG, etc.) as those will be the main CPU killers.

pppf jesus, I better get saving, been watching pc build logs on youtube lately, way easier than I imagined even after I was told repeatedly how easy it was.
I'd probably fuck it up now though saying that.

Thanks user.

You know what texture that is? Kinda looks like LB, but that hasn't been updated in a long time.

I was talking about building your own modpacks, as FTB usually adds a shitton of bloat and worthless trife. Less mods makes for a lighter pack, of which will cause less lag on your machine.

>hardcore
But why.

hah sorry I've been up all night, do you know if I'd be able to host it on creeperhost or something for friends as well? I forgot how their system works. Would be smarter, struggling to find a pack that has everything I need to go full /autismo/ anyway, but they all have "hats" and other shit.

Also best version of MC? Just been reading about how 1.7 code is even shitter than usual and how it tries to do the same to you.

Atherys Ascended apparently.

is dat sum shaders
fucking hate shaders i can never get that shit to work

All right, I've got infinite Rich Slag! Now what do I do with it?

What the fuck broke?

pastebin.com/aauugvwd

>Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: tconstruct/library/event/ToolCraftEvent$NormalTool
Seriously. Learn to read your fucking crashlogs Then learn to bugfix your modpack.

The surface problem is a version mismatch between ExtraSimple and TiCon.

The deeper problem is fragile TiCon integration on ExtraSimple's side.

I dont have tcon isntalled.

ExtraSimple thinks you do. Hence the deeper problem.

Report this error to ExtraSimple's developer, and then pray that its config file has an option to disable TiCon integration.

Okay, so.

In 1.6.2, FMP happened. It was a novel idea by ChickenBones, and it was a great idea - however, the implementation was not so good, leading to lag, errors, bugs, crashes and general weirdness. Some modders adopted it, and many backed away from it in 1.7 as it wasn't as good as they had hoped. Conversely, Immibis' Microblocks was just microblocks - much less powerful, but it at least worked more or less fine.

Fast-forward to 1.8.8 - I was talking to cpw on #buildcraft about the then-planned capability system/API for Forge, and he mentioned that one of the reasons he was adding it is the possibility to add multiparts which don't require as many hacks to forward interfaces. He then mentioned that he'd like to see a multipart system in Forge - and that the primary reason FMP was not integrated to Forge was the language used, not the idea - and asked me if I could handle it. I said no, but I mentioned I knew a person who could.

amadornes had already developed his own multipart system for QmunityLib and, by extension, BluePower. I realized he has the most experience out of people willing to code such a thing, and asked him if he was interested. He agreed and created MCMultiPart - an API with the powers of FMP but less complexity on the inside and, as far as my experience goes, far more stability. I was an early adopter with Charset, to an extent because I wanted to ensure MCMP doesn't become as bloated/buggy as FMP did.

MCMP turned out to be cool and now cpw/Lex want to have it integrated in Forge, so amadornes became a co-developer on the GitHub org and is in the process of integrating it with Forge itself. It was renamed to FMP entirely because it is now a Forge module, though I bet there's a bit of hidden "ha! take that!" in there.

(Continued)

Around the same time, McJty started porting FMP to 1.8 on his own - lamenting that without ChickenBones's libraries it's a nearly impossible task and that he cannot possibly rewrite Project: Red to a different multipart API. We suggested that he make FMP a wrapper for MCMP instead, essentially a Scala API for MCMP that was similar to FMP in usage but used MCMP on the backend. That's what's happening right now.

In other words, FMP in 1.9+ is not FMP in 1.7.10-. It's going to be a bit confusing at first, I know. What we now know as FMP will probably become a wrapper around MCMP for Project: Red only, MCMP will become the new FMP and hopefully everyone will be happy.

Except neptunepink. He created his own system which is supposed to be a competitor to multiparts, but in a different way: youtube.com/watch?v=htPQaAK9zeg

Bottom line: Since 1.9, the following changes happen:
- What we call FMP is now a different multipart API with similar capabilities but a far cleaner implementation,
- What we used to call FMP is now most likely going to become Project: Red's internal Scala wrapper for the new FMP.

Errata: I meant MrTJP, not McJty. The nicknames are so similar. Used to make the same mistake with Sangar and Sengir briefly.

>that first recipe
What the fuck

>It was renamed to FMP entirely

A clear and straightforward move that will have no confusing consequences whatsoever.

IE: Skyblock adds that. To make sure you have a way to get ores, for planting Agricrops on and shit. Dunno if you can get the ores from Orechids instead...

On second thought, I think the primary reason is that the Forge developers are still hurt about how many people swarmed them with FMP bug reports because "it's Forge so it must be in Forge right". The FMP name was not an attempt by ChickenBones to be a pretend "official" addon, it was actually because it was supposed to go into Forge - if it weren't Scala, it probably would have.

what do you think about chickenbones as a coder?

>tfw no proper, good mod that reworks underground biomes (And clashes with every mainstream mod probably lel)
>no massive, expansive underground lakes
>no long, twisting underground rivers
>no tiny oases of glowing mushroom trees, pools of heated water and thick, soft grass-like moss
>no long-dead lava tubes
>No huge expansive of winding, maze-like underwater caves with very few pockets of air
>no massive stalgmite/tite formations
>no breathtaking crystal formations

I really cannot believe that nobody who knows how to mod has done a good underground formations mod. It's ridiculous considering underground exploration is literally half the game.

I remember when I was playing in the first Bradcraft, caves were much larger and complex, and there were large, roughly spherical chambers with a diameter of about 20 blocks. It was really interesting, particularly when those smaller caves opened to the big chambers, but I have no idea what mod it was. Maybe someone knows what I'm talking about?

minecraft isn't terraria user

Forgot to mention, there is also this mod called Caveworld, which looked really good, and close to what you described. I have it in my pack but haven't had a chance to explore it yet.

>No, she herself stated she left over the Microsoft buyout. She
>she

Inside of my completely over the top, inefficient frame bore design using AE2, remain in motion + others. Wanted to make something that could travel in any direction. Creative mode for now till I work out the kinks with opencomputers(actually code it).

Outside, probably should have posted this in reverse.

>some modders adopted it
mostly because slowfaggot rode their asses to do it for the sake of making everything play nice in "his" packs.

also, shitting on immibis' microblocks when it works better than FMP ever did gives the impression you're shilling your ass off.

bottom line, assie: get the fuck out. you who "quit" yet still hang on to lex's shrivelled dick like it's the only thing left that floats for a thousand nautical miles.

.....they renamed something else to the same name as something entirely different... and now it's being crammed into Forge to ensure that Minecraft will run like shit forever.

I wish that people who actually played the game were the ones who made these decisions.

>shitting
>someone who used IM instead of FMP in literally every single pack he made
>"it worked more or less fine", unlike FMP
>reading comprehension

gAnyhow, to end this argument - because I've caught your bait far too many times - let me say this. You've been constantly proven to pull argumentation out of your hat and have zero understanding of what actually goes on in the source code (let alone the community), always just saying the same things over and over and blaming the same people as if everything was so simple as a giant Mojang-FTB-Curse Illuminati triangle shining over the community. I understand that you hate me and never want to be proven wrong in the small hope that other anons will join you on your rally to try and get me to kill myself, but that's probably not happening any time soon. I recommend you step outside of Veeky Forums and talk to the human beings all around you - if you have anything worthwhile to say, they will definitely listen. I have to admit, however, your expletives are some of the most nuanced I've ever seen and I highly regard your skills in terms of describing male genitalia and sexual intercourse.

However, I'm going to win this argument once and for all. Just watch.

lost all my respect for you

what WM is that?

i3

very clean.
is it possible to have completely borderless windows with no titlebar in i3?

Yes, which is what I do with some exceptions.

nice
I've been using Awesome since the last decade, but I'm getting tired of rewriting lua code at every minor update
seems like just moving $mod over to Mod4 will make the i3 keybinds pretty much mimic awesome..

I tried awesome for a little while and didn't like it, I don't like the different modes of window tiling. The binary tree structure in i3(and others) makes total sense to me and is easy to set up custom views. ymmv

Tiling window managers changed the way I use computers, I hate when I have to boot into windows for that reason.

what's more overpowered, draconic armour from draconic evolution or the KAMI stuff from thaumic tinkerer?

KAMI is actually pretty balanced for what it takes to get there, and what it can do.
DE just goes full retard.

draconic evolution

>page ten

i think the swordia (from HMaG) is my favorite mob in the game

also, it puts all the blaze reskins from Thermal to shame

I'm starting to wonder if this ocean will have an end

>page ten

Oh

I forgot silverfish could do that

>direwolf20 releasing overwatch tutorials
For some reason I always assumed he was a one game autist.

I think the dragon dildo armor got changed from immunity to everything lel to a shield system recently, and if that's the case it's actually less powerful than KAMI stuff.

>Wyvern and Draconic armor changed from immunity to a shield system recently

Source on that? I'm looking at the changelogs and nothing of that sort is here.

Also, the armor blocks physical (Melee), Projectile (Arrows), Explosive, Fire, and Magical (Potions) tagged damage. The Draconic adds in an immunity to Chaos tagged damage, which the Chaos Guardian deals. I believe that neither armor can cancel out Void damage, and the only thing that can do that is Blood Magic's Bound armor with a specific sigil. And then that will redirect the void damage to your blood pool, or if you hit (if memory serves) y=-100, where the game instakills you.

whats a mod that makes the world (and worldgen) taller and deeper? like uppes cap 500 or something

>KAMI is actually pretty balanced for what it takes to get there
Agreed with the exception of free Creative flight with the chest piece. Pretty much everything the KAMI set does can be done with multiple other items working in conjunction, but the cost of making the KAMI gear is meant to be the price you pay for convenience.

>Creative flight with the chestpiece
If it wasn't for the Angel Ring being piss cheap, this would be a non-issue. As the only other ways to get creative flight is with the Fluxed Electrum Jetpack (Hover mode is effectively creative flight, at a constant RF drain), The Flugels (Which require you to go through all of bloatania), and the KAMI armor (Which requires you to go through Thaumcrash). I'm sure there's a few others, I know Intangible has one way late in its trees that require Wither souls...

that cubic chunks mod?

>Deeper caves mod

Adds layers to caves. It's pretty meh

Any good big reactor layouts?

I'm using this slightly modified pancake layout right now because its a good ratio of efficiency and total power output. I stacked 4 together and used each on to power a grid in each cardinal direction. I used energy cells as a buffer and step down between Redstone, hardened and leadstone conduits. Earlier it was a good way to save on resources and to ensure each machine had equal access to power and I still do it for fun even though resources and power generated aren't a problem anymore.

Because I am limited to thermal craft for moving power for now I had no reason to need more than 10K RF/t from a reactor But I want to expand farther and move my laser drills off the main grid and give them their own reactor. RF/mB would still be important but not nearly as much as my original reactor stack and efficiency per block is a non issue.

I'm looking into some now but most of the good information seems to be scattered through semi related or unrelated reddit posts so I was hoping to get some opinions from mcg.

whats that app?

br.sidoh.org

It's a little slow and the math is fuzzy. Replaceing a block with something and then put it back to how it was the decimals will be off. Good enough for minecraft.

im gonna go play with it for a bit and see what i can come up with. i have no clue how the parts work, as i have never played the mod, so a tip on what parts go where would be helpful to start off

>what is AMIDST

What you've got now is pretty well optimal. The only suggestions that could be made are to fill in the central area with rods completely, or if that's not an option to use Diamond blocks instead of Carbon.

And after stating that, I stole this one off of Reddit. Do note the control rods placement, but the RF/mb is pretty spectacular.

go back to red ditz, faggot

Oh sure, from what I remember each core radiates 4 blocks N,E,S,W but not on diagonals. They each send out heat and radiation. When radiation hits another core it becomes more efficient by using less fuel. The heat is broken down into two values, core heat and casing heat. Core heat lowers efficiency by causing more fuel to be burned up. Casing heat increases power output. Using coolant reduces core heat and increases casing heat. Because blocks radiate 4 tiles you always want 4 tiles of coolant between the outer cores and the casing. Different coolants affect the core in different ways. Some transfer heat better than others and some increase reactivity better than others. The math has been done to show that the best coolant between the core and the casing is 3 gelid cryotheum and 1 resonant ender on the casing like in my picture.

The blocks you can use between the cores is trickier because it depends more on what you want to do. Where the 3:1 cry/ender is essentially the optimal coolant for all designs there is no 1 perfect core design and the core is what I know the least about.

You can also use the control rods to increase efficiency but lower output. Most good designs don't use control rods at all. I THINK all designs increase in efficiency when you add a layer in height.

As far as I can tell this is reddit's best design but they rate only on efficiency.

I'm trying to figure out a good trade off for more power. This design is about 30% more efficient but it puts out less power than mine for the same height and the efficiency is technically wasted because the layer that is powering my laser drill already pulls up more fuel components than the whole stack uses so I am still sitting in a surplus.

Tricky to find the sweet spot for power to efficiency.

>all of these edgy nicknames for mods
>thinking anything Extra Utilities is meant to be balanced
Holy shit, kid.

then mine might be the best, since it's at 89% control rods and you can pull them up to get more power. Plus it's an 11x11x5, bear in mind. You can always build it taller.

I can play around in a creative testworld to see what I can do. What kind of RF/t are you looking for?

What is your favorite mod pack?

Hard mode: Nothing on page 1 of the launcher sites

Just sheep my shit up senpai

I just realized this design uses control rods for efficiency (most don't) so I can just draw them back slightly to get a better ratio for my needs. At 6% insertion it has the same efficiency as my stack but 50% increased power output.

I'll take another look at the 11x11x5 reactor with insertion and height.

Basically more power is better. Because I can run more drills. Right now my efficiency is ~110,000 RF/mB (~10,000 because direwolf) and I am in a significant surplus so 100k - 90k should allow for more power while staying self sufficient.

the one I've made.

unrelated, I should probably make a seed item for corn instead of trying to replicate the way vanilla potatoes and carrots work, especially since I plan on having Agricraft compat anyways.

My own you fucking cock swallowing faggot.

tekkit __lite

>the way vanilla potatoes and carrots work
But user, tubers can be replanted to grow more without having to seed them in real life.

There are rumors that anything over 16x16 or sitting over more than one chunk gets a big hit to efficiency because of loading mechanics. Can that be checked in creative? There is no data saying one way or another, just the rumors.

2 identical reactors one in chunk X and one overlapping chunk X and chunk Y and then loading and unloading the area would do it right?

But carrots don't work like that.

Probably, because of how chunk loading works an all that. I remember when I had my base across chunks, I had to use Leadstone Cells as conduit because any time I would leave the server or unload the chunks the wires would disconnect.

They do in the wild. You can't (generally) replant carrots bought from a store because they chop off the sprouting top where as potatoes grow their sprouts later.

Things like onions couldn't be replanted. They cycle. From seeds they grow shoots that hold their nutrients then they absorb it all to grow into an onion and the shoots fall off and die, then the onion can be harvested or left to grow a new kind of shoot (chives) that can be harvested or let to flower which produce more onion seeds. Carrots work a lot like the onion in that you can replant on you have harvested and it will cycle on its own but standard processing stops carrots from doing that.

>Things like onions couldn't be replanted.
Things like onions can even be replanted.

Also I just switched my drill from a yellow focus to a lime focus and I'm waiting to see the difference between how much yellorium I was getting compared to uranium. Because uranium produces twice as much fuel anything above a 2:1 ratio would give me an even larger surplus allowing for a lower efficiency rating for more power.