/4xg/ - 4X Strategy General

/4xg/ - 4X Strategy General: hype for stellaris edition

Stellaris dev diaries:
stellariswiki.com/Developer_diaries

Stellaris wiki:
www.stellariswiki.com

Resurrection Edition Pt. II

Newest Endless Legend Expansion is out: new faction and greatly improves Winter mechanic.

Launch trailer
youtu.be/JC6y1a592Cg

Faction trailer
youtu.be/za9Hzr72E00

Focus Video
youtu.be/isFT9Ck_1n4

>Endless Legend User Manual
cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/289130/manuals/User'sManual.pdf?t=1413562467

>Endless Legend wikis
endless-legend.wikia.com/wiki/Endless_Legend_Wiki
endlesslegendwiki.com/Endless_Legend_Wiki

>Free Civ
play.freeciv.org

>/civ4xg/ Steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/civ4xg

>Civilization V CIVILOPEDIA Online:
dndjunkie.com/civilopedia/
>A couple other Civ resources:
civfanatics.com/
civilization.wikia.com/wiki/Civilization_Games_Wiki

>Civilization V Analyst, with all the specifics of mechanics you'll ever need
well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html

>Civilization V Roulette
dropshock0.com/civ/

>Civilization V Drafter
georgeskleres.com/civ5/

>CivFanatics' Strategy and Tips forum, good guides and information.
forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=391 -

>Civ V Giant Multiplayer Robot, lets you play Civ V's hot seat mode like an e-mail game
multiplayerrobot.com

>Civ V Modding Wiki
modiki.civfanatics.com/index.php/Main_Page

>Civ V Mod databases
steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse?appid=8930 (requires legit version)
forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=393 (does not)

>SMAC & SMAX official short stories
mediafire.com/folder/cn11q7nqa00te/Alpha_Centauri

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9TI9tzLD8WQ
empiredesigner.xyz/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for this general has been up for 5 minutes and is already dead

bump

Stellaris embargo just got lifted
youtube.com/watch?v=9TI9tzLD8WQ

>he made himself a pacifist xenophile
You can't fucking write this shit.

Can you make hivemind yes/no?

What do you mean?

I want a hive mind bug race that will spread across the universe so I can pretend like its starship troopers.

not sure

Wew. I want this now, so I can be the Cybermen from Doctor Who.

Is this human diversity bullshit really forced? Is there no way to be 100% Japanese qt?

mods soon

You can mod your animu in if you need it that much, faggot

I was just meming. I want a white only empire. even though whites won't exist in 200 years

meme thread

bit rude

please buy Stellaris

Already bought for my wife's boyfriend.

What sort of empire are you lads going to play first?
Militant xenophobe for me. MAGA.

Militant Collectivist Materialist lad

>cheatinf

except it's not

>picking the strongest everything to give you an advantage over the AI
>not cheating

Has there been any news on Civ 6?

After Beyond Earth I'm really not looking forward to it desu

I think a end game event is a hivemind fucking shit up

I only heard about this yesterday, /v/ seems to think it's a mix of /gsg/ and 4x
But isn't /gsg/ 4x anyway?

watching Quill play I'm now actually hyped for Stellaris
/gsg/ is for Grand Strategy
Stellaris is basically a hybrid between that and 4x

If i enjoy gsg and can't get into Civ - this worth a shot?
I love space conquest games

yes

Now for my last question before i watch Quill18 play it
Are either of the 2 special editions worth it? I know what Paradox can be like

Should I reinstall Civ V or keep playing Cities Skylines?

/pg/ is my only non-dead general left on here and the release date still hasn't been announced yet.

Cities. Build the city the Nazis planned to build, Germania or some shit.

Pirate it all.

I'm the opposite -- I can't get into /gsg/ stuff but love Civ. How do you do it?

Thanks m8

I have Autism :^)

Seriously, though i find Civ very dull and gameply shallow, and i really enjoy real time gameplay vs turn - means i always have to pay attention

Stellaris leak when
Stellaris cracked when

>Stellaris is an all digital release
>Most expensive have some decent stuff it if was physical
Why do the cuckJews do this?

>I have Autism
Come back to /gsg/, lad.

This just looks like a space mod of EUIV that was made so people could make their own space mods

When it comes out

I really like Distant Worlds and have sunk hundreds of hours into it. Is Stellaris basically a polished version of it?

How do I anything in distant worlds?

It's actually easier to learn it by turning off every automation and manually making ship designs yourself. There's a guide on their forums that explains it really well.

Imperium of men mods when?

Just wait until Civilization VI is announced before reviving this shit, you're just beating a dead horse at this point

Also Stellaris isn't a /4x/, it's a /gsg/. It belongs on /gsg/ and doesn't need basically its own thread just because some memesters got really upset

t. wiz

So what does it mean when I get that message that says the leader of the geological survey team doesn't think that he team can find any more minerals?

please

>it's a AI finds a faith ruin or CS one turn before you and takes desert faith for their 1 flat desert marble tile when they could have taken food from camps, food from wheat, quarry faith or even god king and got a better yield out of it, just to spite you so you can't get the extra faith on your amazing morocco start episode
literally the worst

Niggering competitors out of bonuses that would allow them to steamroll the game is a perfectly valid strategy

If you see a godlike spot that the AI will likely get, forward-settle them

If you don't have any outstanding pantheon or wonder choices, take the one that will obviously give other AIs an advantage, and let them waste time on the obviously bad ones (for example Terracotta, or the Parthenon unless you're going for the Meme Victory)

If they are lagging behind on military, smash them before they can rectify (although the AI usually overbuilds a military so it's not going to happen)

If you have the opportunity to abuse the AI's shitty coding, for example by popping all its civilian units on the war declaration turn, or by giving it a fake deal like having it declare on a neighbour for a very good per turn value and then DOWing to cancel the goods, do it

If you have control of the World Congress, run the fucking place with an iron fist and augment your delegate count at every opportunity

By playing fair, you are allowing your opponents to pull more dirty tricks on you with no actual benefits besides a good conscience

One of you fags need to leak stellaris

I hadn't even met the AI at that point though. They took the pantheon and then when I found them I saw they had my pantheon.
They had 2 elephants, a stone and a marble and 2 wheat. Why would they take the first pantheon choice to block someone else they hadn't met and only gives them 1 faith, when they could have taken one of the 2 things that gives them 2 food, quarry faith which would be 4 faith or god king which is 1 faith and some other yields? It's just poor AI that only serves to spite me and make me not want to play.

im looking to make something like the covenant empire

empiredesigner.xyz/

What should i pick?

>tfw spending the waiting time furiously jerking it to all the different empires I'm going to make

guys my dick is about to fall off help

Tell me, what could be the best empire to make?

GroBgermanische Reich.

Materialists seem to be really good, comboed with military

Throw sedentary for some free points and you are on your way. Not sure which second bad trait so I can get two +2 traits though. Slow learner doesn't seem too bad

cmon, don't die

Post more links to the thread in /gsg/

/4xg/, what do you think about new Master of Orion? Worth buying? Worth keeping an eye on?

where are the civ 4 players

pls

pls buy

stellaris crack when?

wew lad

IT LIVES!

GSG scum stay out!

No. Erase it from your mind. Only hype is for Stellaris and Endless Space 2.

Why did I read this

>pirating a game that costs $30

>quill being a cuck
not surprising

>giving Paradox money

Wew lad

So whys everyone so hyped about Stellaris? I dont get it

>$30
40 Euromoney for the pleb edition.

>giving Paradox money
>when you know they will fuck it up by adding some turbo-autism mechanic that doesn't even fit the setting in a mandatory update some month down the line because a mega-NEET with a thousand sock-puppets complained his map painter simulator is too easy
EU4 here, speaking from experience.

because it looks good?

because galciv 3 and the new master of orion are absolute shit and i want something to play.

To be honest EU4 only got better over time.

You seriously enjoy the bullshit corruption and province/state mechanics mare nostrum added?

Is there a roll sheet for Endless Legend?

An out of date one.

When it releases. Paradox don't bother with making it hard to pirate because like 75% of their pirates end up buying the game anyway

Looks like somebody didn't see the 25% off offer on GMG. Git gud scrub

This is what I do most of the time.
I only bought EuIV legimately via preorder and regretted it ever since

I sure as shit didn't regret my EUIV preorder but different strokes and all that. Stellaris looks set to be the best launch so far, I guess the CK2 and EU4 money is really paying off.

I hated the Stellaris streams, but seeing Quill play it (who I don't even like) makes it look like Stellaris is actually a great game.
Am I right to assume that it will have the same performance as EUIV?

I enjoy forts and estates.

The "Friendship" Gimmick is a bit hit or miss yeah but I enjoy watching scandis be awkward so I liked it.

Performance should be about as good yeah. Being able to scale the size of the Galaxy generated should help those with potato rigs.

Stellaris has higher system requirements graphics wise.

definitely some combination of militaristic and spiritualist. maybe collectivist. theocratic oligarchy for government. dont really know for traits

Here's my Trump race. i dont support trump but i like to meme

New Master of Orion was probably the worst game I have played in past few years.

>that text overlap
I'm glad it's confirmed that the designer of that site is shit at web design and it wasn't just a problem on my end.

Fuck. At least now I won't be tempted to pre-order.

Recreating Endless factions in Stellaris will be fun.

What's your graphics specs?

Also made a Zerg race for Stellaris
Fanatic Collectivist with Xenophobe, Despotic Empire (Overmind).
Communal, Nomadic, Rapid Breeders, Repugnant

its an easy text wrap or limiting text window width in css. but i can understand not fixing it cuz its more about functionality of making stellaris races than visual appearances

This is what I plan on doing, too. I'm done paying full price for a game when I don't know how buggy it is and how well my system can run it.

p-pls respond

Well, we can't really judge since we've yet to test all that in practice. All those modifiers may end up having much different significance than we originally anticipated.

I don't even give a shit about the map painting and shit, I just wanna play intrigue, c&c and nobility breeding. Anything but CK2 that caters to that?

Sengoku, but it's pretty much just CK2 in Japan.

With less features, that is

in what sense? are they just similar, or is it legitimately just a reskin? Cause if it's not just a reskin it might be worth my while still.