/maag/ - Marvel Avengers Academy General

I'M MAD THERE'S NO SCARLET WAIFU edition

>What is this?
A mobile city builder/tap-and-wait game where you build up your campus and "educate" your students, and wonder why they spend so much time "relaxing". It's basically waifubait and the most entertaining dialogue done by Marvel this side of Damage Control.

>Is it free?
Yes, although there's a lot of waiting unless you wanna fork over your shekels.

>Official trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=AergY6ijsfI

>Current event:
"Civil War has come to Avengers Academy for a limited time! Captain America and Iron Man's opposing views on how to keep the Academy safe divide the Super Heroes, but Hydra threatens them all. Can Captain America and Iron Man put aside their differences to defend the Academy?"
FIVE STRAIGHT WEEKS OF EVENT BITCHES

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/avengersacademygame/comments/4hyfci/team_datamining/
reddit.com/r/avengersacademygame/comments/4hyd9c/guide_discussion_f2p_gameplan/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Alright, so I'm not sure how this will play out, but I was able to get a Cap agent done before I go to sleep and I attacked one of the Hydra agents. Basically click on the Hydra agent, a button to attack appears in a rectangular box with the agent, and it cost one...square SHIELD thing you get from the board, and basically the SHIELD agent goes up to the Hydra agent and shoots and defeats him, just dropping Vibranium and a SHIELD dossier, with no load to a battle screen. And didn't notice until now, that SHIELD agent is now gone, I have to train a new agent, so getting Wonder Man to get those Armor Platings might be worth it, still a little early to tell though.

>that SHIELD agent is now gone
Poor Coulson.

You can get Captain Falcon by just changing Falcon's costumes.

The trick with keeping heroics up to only get the easier drop items first only works if you haven't tapped to start the collecting for Black Panther yet. If you do that then there's too many Widow and Panther heroic drops and you fuck your board up and you just have to do them to get them out of the way.

This might be incoherent but it's 3am and I'm going to bed now.

Has anyone got Widow's star to drop more then once per mission like x2 or something?

Man, I wish I knew that before. Goes to show, freeing a black man will always come back to bite you in the ass.

Anyone else having trouble with the rarity of widow stars? I can only get them on one board quest at a time, and then only 4h+ heroics.

You forgot the link to the previous thread:

I am, only had one show up on a cap mission.
I hope once all the other drops are done, hers will come up more.

I just woke up (see, told you the event would start while I was asleep), can anyone please give me the lowdown on the event?

GotG 2.0

There's a FAQ in the game, go read it.

So wait, I don't actually get to choose a team?

I don't see how that's a problem. Just think of it as slower blue balls from last time.

Nope. We were conned the whole time

*Dance angrily*

>new event
>game starts crashing again
Fucking BlunderCo.

34 days

Plus the inevitable 24 hour extension.

>27 + 1 days = 4 weeks
>34 + 1 days = 5 weeks
makes sense

Red Skull's gonna get his own cell like Ronan when this event wraps up right? That's gonna be the pattern for all of these?

No let me recruit him as a student.. =(

Most likely

>That's gonna be the pattern for all of these?
I hope so.

Hey, there's this thing that drops from the event mission and I have no idea what it's for. It has the shield logo, and a little bar code in the bottom. I don't need it for Panther, the next building, or Iron Widow, or agents or robots...

Those are the new orbs supposedly.

You need them to fight

As long as we get to recruit Ms. Hydra.

You are really upset about this, aren't you?

>Crossbones is actually Peter Quill
shieeet

???

Go to event menu and click on Crossbones 'Unlocks at: Ep. 3' tag.

Reddit say that if you want Pepper's short missions and (Frost Giant) Loki's 2 hour one, you need to get Widow's armour ASAP. Widow only appears on the board after that.

>arc reactor and armor plating amount in missions increases with every reload
If only that BW shit dropped from missions shorter than 4h.

>Nearly all the NYC brochures obtained
>Only 1 Widow star

I would think so,

to be fair you did get all those spy cameras

Technically you could still get single activity Plot Domination mission but it's pretty rare.

caved and got wonder man. his rank 3 looks good and he has great animations. now to get the KING

>Only now notice she's Episode 4's recruitable
That's what I get for posting before morning coffee

sucks i'll be missing half the characters this event. ;-;

Night, guys.

I do feel obliged to point out, Winter Soldier is actually free, like Groot was.

I knew I was going to buy him as soon as he was announced. I might be one of like three people who actually like the character. Even though I'm not totally pleased with his MAA look, it's still good enough that I bought him right away.

Alt costume when?

When did a premium character ever get an alt costume?

I can dream...

Fucking sweet
Another one month event that's going to consume my every waking moment

So any sort of trick to getting the needed items yet?

I got the poster but apparently I can't get anything else before I get armored widow or pony up and get wonder man and her items are going to take a fucking year to get. Like stars showing up at heroics one at a time and you need 6 of those.

Step 1:Get a job..

>need 31 vibranium daggers total for Panther
>they drop 1 at a time off thugs

Fuck nigger. I've just started training robots. Has combat changed much from the GotG event? Like do my robots heal or do they fall apart eventually? 2 hours takes forever plus needing the metal that only drops off heroics or from Wonder Man

Great news, you need to build new robots for each fight!
That's right, you get to build an army of robots before getting T'Challa! How cool is that?

They auto win and die

You just know the Week 2 mobs will drop 30 per fight or something ridiculous like that

what the actual fuck. So I'll probably be getting Black Panther some time next weekend then

Well the event does last 5 weeks.

3 to 5 days is the prognosis.

We've got 5 weeks to get 4 characters. Bucky is basically a free give away at the end of it. If you do a character a week, you should be fine

I have a feeling bucky will end up like groot.
where they say you'll unlock him just for getting all the buildings, but then add some ridiculous conditions on top of thsat at the very end.

I just realized Wonder Man had two actions that give you armor plates. Does the 8hr one give a better payout? Or is it better to just spam 2hr ones?

But there was nothing ridiculous about Groot. Unlock all the buildings and defeat Ronan X amount of times. Which we needed to do anyway to get enough mats to upgrade everyone. The only way you'd get dicked in the GotG event was if you either came in weeks late, or for some stupid reason refused to use the resets to your advantage.

Apparently the 8 hour one drops 3 mats, while the 2 hour one just drops 1

>upset over forgetting to post links to old threads
>in a generals-only board

It was ridiculous as you had to do resets or your team would take ages to defeat streaks 6 & 7.

>Groot wasn't ridiculous as long as you cheated

I mean you're right that exploiting the resets was the way to go, but that's a retarded measure to judge an event by since that was obviously not the way they intended it to be.

Wait, what resets are you guys talking about? The streak reset or closing the app until you got a good outcome for a fight?

App closing. Which you should have used for battle results and farming

Closing the app to get the tier-3 upgrades for wining fights.

And also closing the app to force materials onto low-effort missions.

Yeah. I don't like Wonderman so no way I'm giving them my hard earned sheckles for him

2 hr gives better payout if you can stay on top of it, but 8 hr means you can sleep and get a better return than if you'd passed out with a 2 hr one.

Did they get stronger over time during Guardians?
I assumed they scaled with your heroes' power

I did get everything in the Gotg event, just wasn't too happy they made me do the whole streak to get groot after advertising him as being unlocked after getting all the buildings the whole time.

I think in GotG it depended on the strongest one you beat. If you beat a stronger one, the weakest version stopped spawning and you got more of the stronger ones.

>canceling a shitty mission in the GotG event had a 5 minute cooldown
>canceling a shitty mission in the CW event has a 30 minute cooldown

Ayyyyy lmao

if I see that fucking 16 hour Red Hulk/A-Bomb quinjet mission pop one more time I'm calling in a bomb threat to TinyCo

Datamine:
DECORATIONS
All bobbleheads are 2x2 :(
CIVIL WAREHOUSE
#TeamIronMan Poster
Cost: 592 Vibranium
Construction time: 0
Size: 1x1
Drop: 1 Smoke Bomb every 4 hours
FF: 75 Shards
Wakandan Embassy
Cost: 6 Vibranium Daggers, 10 Heart-Shaped Herb, 972 Vibranium
Construction time: 4 hours
Size: 6x5
Drop: 1 Kimoyo Card every 4 hours
FF: 25 Shards (1 Kimoyo Card also costs 25 Shards, so it does make sense this time around)
Upgradable
Black Panther Statue
Cost: 10 Vibranium Daggers, 11 Hydra Intels, 1840 Vibranium
Construction time: 0
Size: 1x2
There are 18 things in the Warehouse. At least in the files. Not that it means anything as we learned during GotG.
EVENT LEVELS
Level XP
1 0
2 2 000
3 5 000
4 8 000
5 12 000
6 16 000
7 20 000
8 26 000
9 32 000
10 38 000
11 45 000
12 54 000
13 64 000
14 100 000
15 120 000
16 144 000
17 170 000
18 204 000
19 240 000
20 300 000
SCHEDULE
Take the following info not with a grain, but with a huge heap of salt.
According to the files, Episode 1 should have started on May 1st. This is the reason why I think that other info below is not final since it all probably will get pushed by few days.
Episode 2: May 9th
Episode 3: May 16th
Episode 4: May 23th
End: Jun 7th (this should be true according to the in-game counter)
Times are all evenings GMT, so the dates should be also true for US players

It wouldn't be -so- bad if it had proportionally higher rewards, but since it basically acts like any other Heroic, it can fuck right off

Yeah, I'm going to have to agree with the user saying that's ridiculous.
You shouldn't have to abuse the way the client talks to the server to have a shot to complete the event.

CHARACTER ACTIONS
Character Rank Name Time Building (slot)
Black Panther 1 Craft New Designs 3 minutes Stark Tower (supercomputer)
Black Panther 1 Explore The World 15 minutes The Quinjet Hangar (C)
Black Panther 1 Use Catlike Reflexes 15 minutes Wakandan Embassy (acrobat)
Black Panther 1 Observe Your Surroundings 4 hours Avengers Dorm (chair)
Black Panther 2 Identify Potential Threats 30 minutes S.H.I.E.L.D. H.Q.
Black Panther 3 Work With Vibranium 2 minutes The Asgardian Forge (enchanting)
Black Panther 3 Assume The Throne 15 minutes Wakandan Embassy (throne)
Black Panther 4 Match Wits 15 minutes Stark Tower (Jarvis)
Black Panther 5 Be Social 25 minutes Club A (drink)
Black Panther 5 Practice Shadow Physics 30 minutes Pym's Lab (chemistry)
Iron Widow 1 Scan The Campus 5 hours Quad (Iron Man's landing slot)
Iron Widow 1 Activate Stealth Mode 8 hours None
Wonder Man 1 Lights! Camera! Action! 1 minute None
Wonder Man 1 Mingle With Fans 3 minutes Club A (drink)
Wonder Man 1 Testing Armor Plating 2 hours S.H.I.E.L.D. H.Q.
Wonder Man 1 Take The Perfect Shot 4 hours The Blasting Range (any slot)
Wonder Man 1 Create Armor Plating 8 hours Pym's Lab (chemistry) IMPORTANT NOTE: This drops 3x Armor Plating! Use this over night (or anytime you have no time to check in every 2 hours) instead of Testing Armor Plating .
Wonder Man 2 Prepare For A Role 15 minutes Avengers Dorm (punching bag)
Wonder Man 2 Appreciate Yourself 4 hours Avengers Dorm (chair)
Wonder Man 3 Go On Auditions 15 minutes The Quinjet Hangar (C)
Wonder Man 3 Find Me In The Club 25 minutes Club A (any dance slot)
Wonder Man 3 Continue Stuntman Training 45 minutes Pym's Lab (chemistry)
Wonder Man 4 Study Ionic Energy 4 hours S.H.I.E.L.D. H.Q.

To be fair, it's not like it was impossible to complete the event (or at least to get Groot, don't know about the challenges) without using the reset trick, especially after the 24-hour extension. It just took a lot more time, effort and planning.

HYDRA
There are 4 Blue and 4 Red Hydra Thugs.
They have independent respawn cooldown of 1 minute.
The next level of enemies will probably be called Hydra Bully.
According to the files, Hydra enemies have only Health stat. Thugs have 100 Health.
SHIELD RECRUITS / IRON ROBOTS
It takes 1 Arc Reactor, 1 Armor Plating and 2 hours to craft Iron Prototype.
It takes 2 Battle Plans, 1 Armor Plating and 2 hours to craft SHIELD Recruit.
According to the files, Recruits and Robots have only Attack stat. Both Recruit and Prototype have 100 Attack.
Attacking with Recruits/Robots costs Shield Sanctions. These are an equivalent of GotG Disruptor.
RANKING UP
Wonder-Man's Rank 2 costs 20 Vibranium Daggers, 20 Hydra Intels and 9832 Vibranium.
Black Panther's Rank 2 costs 20 Vibranium Daggers, 20 Hydra Intels and 9102 Vibranium.

>started the game too late to get red and blue hulk

a blessing in disguise

though I also missed sweet, sweet pepper

free not during the event though

OTHER STUFF
The only requirement for the event is to have Van Dyne's Outfits building.
There are 5-ish Episodes: 1, 1a, 2, 3, 4. + Bucky's label shows that he will be available in Episode 5. Might be a mistake, similar to what happened with Groot at point during GotG. EDIT: Probably just 4, see the schedule above.
We might see Challenges again. The Challenge tab is in the files, but is currently inactive.
Black Widow will be excluded from the event mission board until you unlock her Iron Widow skin. For some reason you need Taskmaster for the Widow to be excluded from the missions, see the full predicate below:
"enabledPredicate" : "isInEvent(\"cwEvent\") and skinUnlocked(\"blackWidowSkin_ironWidow\")==false and (hasCharacter(\"taskmaster\")==true)"
No changes to the event mission board during the next Episodes. Always six slots, 30 minutes trashing cooldown, the standard caps for Easy missions apply.
Basically everything Winter Soldier-related (except his actions) is already in the files. That + the 'Early Unlock!' sticker he has in the Civil Warehouse make me think there will be two ways of unlocking him - "Groot" way and "Hulk" way.
Some items will be easier to obtain later in the event (as we experienced in GotG). Even now I can see in the files that there will be something that drops at least 6x Armor Plating.

Source: reddit.com/r/avengersacademygame/comments/4hyfci/team_datamining/

Also: reddit.com/r/avengersacademygame/comments/4hyd9c/guide_discussion_f2p_gameplan/

Do with this information as you wish

Yeah, after they've realised their fuck up and added medipacks drops to fights and missions.

You do know that you can block it (and their single 8h missions) from spawning, right?

True, but there's no way to tell if that was planned or not. And even if it wasn't planned, it was still a legit part of the event and didn't require exploiting glitches.

This fucking guy. Do you enjoy getting fucked in the ass for 3 weeks and 4 days until TinyCo decides to lay up?

I want Madame Hydra
She never fails to make me the hardest metal diamonds

I'm just going to play this event at my own pace, just like I did with GotG. If I'm not going to make it and they nerf it at the end again, great. But if not, big whoop. I'm not gonna let a fucking mobile game stress me out.

So far I've completed every event they've done without having to go full autist over it, so I'm not sweating over this one either.

I have 900 shards left over from my idiot mad dash post-exam GotG event. Do I shell out for wonder boy now, or wait until we get a different premium character?

If you want to maximize efficiency you should get him now

>everyone talking about the double hulks missions
>finally upgrade my hulks during the downtime
>get the double Hulk mission nonstop now

Hello darkness my old friend.

How?

Only get Wonder Man if you actually like the character. There's no point in paying for a character you dislike just to give you a boost you probably won't need. If you like him, or just the way he looks in the game, get him. The sooner the better, since you'll be able to use his bonus more efficiently. If not, save up your shards for later on, either for a different premium character or to rush your way through the end of the event like you could do by buying orbs/medpaks during the Ronan fight.

Just send someone on the 15m Quinjet activity (GotG characters have them) and don't collect them until they're needed for a mission. Then send someone else.

>build robots
>tentacle arms rapidly build robot in the circle
(Oh this was in the concept art too)

>train SHIELD recruit
>they fucking sit down at a desk and watch grainy black and white brainwashing clips
Cap what the fuck

Why is the Winter Soldier gold premium? He better be a limited-free to get character and not just a chance to spend shards.

He's the Groot of this event.

I'm guessing he will be purchasable for shards during episode 4 and unlockable in ep 5.