/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Fight for your right edition

Previous thread /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (10.7 downgrade • Entrypoints: Browser/Menuhax up to 10.5, otherwise OoT/PSMD/Ninjhax)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.51 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Webkit)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/DpW6HmbZ
Other Consoles: pastebin.com/pHS5LaR5

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-Preview2 of NTR 3.4 allows video streaming from New 3DS to PC github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases/tag/3.4preview2
-SALT released a save exploit for Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon. smd.salthax.org/
-FBI rewritten from scratch, with new features like decoding title names and installing tickets from QR codes github.com/Steveice10/FBI/releases

>Wii U
-Kernel exploit for 5.5.1 leaked, allowing to run Loadiine and more.
-Smealum released iosuhax, a set of tools for when 5.5.1 IOSU exploits are released. github.com/smealum/iosuhax

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!DtJS1QJR!mSmH4yvLpVja5DbUVIbL9iGTxD2M1sGhv0vowulRtSA
pastebin.com/HvHDL1mD
drive.google.com/open?id=0B2se9LM8nh9kclRFUThFZnFDLTg
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5Og25SeOkqMMk9OQUsxWGZVVlU
gbatemp.net/threads/ddd-wiiu-title-dumper.418492/
gamefaqs.com/n64/198854-super-smash-bros/saves
forums.daedalusx64.com/download/file.php?id=2540&sid=ea99564e11319f9598f4a18715eb5e87
dukesrg.github.io/2xrsa.html?arm11.bin
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

On the last few steps of hacking my 3DS, and most of it is just waiting, anyone know how exactly to get the free games?

I'm trying to use CIAngel but it just doesn't seem to work.

Google it jigga

Yeah, I tried reading the descriptions for it in the pastebin but I don't really get all that shit about "tickets"

Not sure what problem you're having. Maybe you need a wings.json file initially for it to download future ones. Make a CIAngel folder on your SD card and place this mega.nz/#!DtJS1QJR!mSmH4yvLpVja5DbUVIbL9iGTxD2M1sGhv0vowulRtSA in it. Try updating it then, it'll probably work.

Ignore anything about tickets. Open CIAngel and press L until it says install CIA (or create CIA if you want to download them to store on your computer or save for later).

Search for titles by name, press A to download or install, and x to queue them up. It's best to use the queue so you can just leave it downloading overnight since the CDN is so slow.

Very dumb question but to install CIAngel, I just merge the 3ds folder from the .zip with the one on my SD card, correct?

Reposting from last Thread
Wii U N64 VC collection

Alrighty. Thanks. That made it work.
Downloading MarioKart 7 to try it out.

can't I just download them onto my computer and place them in the SD card and then install using FBI? It seems like it would be faster and easier that way

OP=fag here, just noticed this should probably go under Wii U

pastebin.com/HvHDL1mD

>still no cfw on ps4

OP from bios animation here, check this if you're getting 0 byte file:

>get to very last section of Plialect's
>tells me to update my CFW sysNAND
>system is already up to date
>can't even load FBI, it's just normal H&S app
>it's almost as if I just went full circle

seriously, someone help me out, I can't even open the homebrew launcher, did I just waste 6 hours of my life for nothing?

What's CIAngel?

Uh oh, did you do Section IV - Copying RedNAND data to SysNAND?

hmmm really wierd
post picture of your system settings

see op

reinject it I guess and you should already have a homebrew launcher cia

You could but how would that be faster? Doing it this way means you don't have to do any file transfers, just bulk install straight from the CDN without removing an SD card, copying files, and installing them individually with FBI. It's all automatic.

Yes, I did
I can't really take a picture of it, but it says that it's at 10.7.0-32, and it has Sys written to the left of it, not sure if that's supposed to be there or not, I can still do all the boot options except EmuNAND

Is there a way to change themes with CHMM2 without going through the homebrew launcher?

Hey anons, regarding Plailect's guide, am i right to assume that I have to follow through the guide from part 1 to 5 in that order? It's just it got me confused that in part 3 instruction 3 it says that i should copy and merge the folder from EmuNand's zip file which I already did in part 2 of the guide, can someone clarify that to me? Should I just follow the instructions regardless of what im assuming?

NDS GAMES AS CIA?????

yes do exactly what it says

does it boot without sd card?
it better not lad...

CIA version

No, it won't, is that a good thing?

alright, thanks user

Reposting Wii Uploads:

Google Drive Vol 1.
drive.google.com/open?id=0B2se9LM8nh9kclRFUThFZnFDLTg

Includes:
AFXE01 - Star Fox Zero
APKP01 - Pokkén Tournament
ARDE01 - Super Mario 3D World
BCZE01 - The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD
AZAE01 - The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD

Vol. 2
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5Og25SeOkqMMk9OQUsxWGZVVlU

Includes:
AC3P01 - Pikmin 3
AKBP01 - Captian Toad Treasure Tracker
ARPE01 - New Super Mario Bros. U
ARSE01 - New Super Luigi U
WKNPAY - Shovel Knight
AVXE01 - Mario Tennis Ultra Smash

Note for Capn' Toad: This a EU copy but works perfectly with US consoles. For people in the EU before you load up Captain Toad you will have to:
rename all the folder starting with US to EU in /data/content/LocalizedData

yes

If understand it right, it downloads ANY game from Nintendo as a cia, no matter what?
Few posts in the gbathread someone mentions NIN to directly install ANY game from Nintendo, what's that? I can't seem to find it.

Well do I do then? I followed every step, although there is the possibility I missed one due to tiredness, I'm not sure

is that something I make myself with FBI or do I download it from somewhere?

download

sorry lad... dunno...
I didnt fell for the a9lh meme so I dont have it myself. However you happen to dun goffed not completely, as your 3ds wont start without sd and thats a good sign a9lh works

It seems like everything's working fine, FBI just isn't there fore some reason

So what kind of apps do we have for HBL Wii U?

>decrypt 9 on boot
>do the injecting FBI process from the previous part again
>continue where you left off

Anyone seen a Pokken USA download?

I can't find it on wiiuiso.

scroll up

fuck, thanks man, I thought I seriously fucked up for a second

you mean ?

the P in the title ID stands for Pal.

loadiine is region free

Yeah, I'll probably just get a Europe download, but I still like to get USA when I can.

does anyone know where I can get FE Conquest or the special edition? can't find it on CIAngel

Awesome, thank you

if i format a 128gb to fat32, will it work with loadiine?

not him but that didn't work for and i'm also having issues with it. I put that wings.json in the CIAngel folder and when I load CIAngel, it says there's no wings.json

Might want to report a bug if you're sure it's all set up correctly. One user said it worked with the file but if it's not detecting it then I wouldn't know why. Sorry man.

I just got a 3dsxl with vers 4.4.0-10E
What do I do? Update or can I start the process or?

9.2.0 update part of the wiki guide in the op

Duuu guys, how to implement region free .cake?
I'm new

>cakes
Just use Luma3DS

Is there a way to get the wii u browser to show a blank page when you start it? It keeps loading Splattoon and nitnendo premium everytime.

Fuck. I finished the guide and everything I want to do after just doesn't work.

I wanted to change the menuhax boot screen so I changed the PNG files name to imagedisplay.png, put it in the menu_manager folder, and configure it in menu manager. It tells me it was succesful, I see an imagedisplay .bin file on the sd card, but there's no custom boot screen anywhere to be seen.

I want to change themes with CHMM2, I get a nice custom theme up, but want to change it. Go into CHMM2 and install a new theme, it tells me it was successful, but I go back and lo and behold it's still the same goddamn theme, regardless of which new one I try to apply.

I want to get some gaems and CIAngel can't find a fucking wings.json file despite me putting it there.

Is it possible that I fucked up somewhere? I mean, everything else is working as it should (at least I think). It doesn't boot without SD, I can still see FBI and get into homebrew launcher. Is it possible that all these problems are the result of a single fault somewhere or am I just extremely unlucky and/or retarded?

5.3.2 wii u here
am i fuged?

reset user data

How do you get these to work exactly? They won't show up in Loadiine and you know, since they're injected games, I don't suppose they got their own title ID?

Can 3DS babbys fuck off from these threads now? Everyone worth something has already done it, even on multiple systems like me.

Wii U hacking is the new hotness

>fucking off of 3ds general

There should be a separate thread for each, to be honest.

5.3.2, 5.4, 5.5, 5.5.1 all work

don't update
use tubedns to block updates

vita thread WHEN

It's just retarded kiddies who were too scared to jailbreak their system when everyone else was doing it. There's multiple detailed guides at this point and they still fail and feel the need to whine in this thread.

The thread should be about Wii U at this point and helping people because the 5.51 hack is new and hot

Not until Wii U gets IOSU.

3DS scene has been quiet for a bit too.

When it actually gets something done

Can people who think a homebrew general should only be for 1 thing fuck off these threads now?
Everyone who isn't a faggot thinks it should be open for all homebrew not just some, like me.

Homebrew is just a hot topic.

If the thread's all about WiiU then how are we going to shit on gateway fags?

not sure about the others but do you have the latest ver of chmm2? also are you booting it from the home menu or going into homebrew launcher and doing it from there?

Gateway for Wii U when.

How do Wii U games not run like shit of a SD card?

Make a IOSU exploit

I'm interested in a Save Manager of sorts for the Wii U and I've found ddd gbatemp.net/threads/ddd-wiiu-title-dumper.418492/
Can this dump original game's saves and then import them back should something bad happen?
I'm looking for a way to backup saves that doesn't require me copying all DLC and updates, too. Looking at you, XenobladeX.

No real point in updating to 5.5.1 if you're already on 5.5.0?

bail hykem out

So, when they release an update that blocks the browser until you're on 5.2 are we completely fucked?

Well you can play online with 5.5.1, so yes

>5.2
meant 5.5.2 ofc

Does anyone have a save file for Smash Bros 64 with all the characters unlocked?

I'm a pleb and just want to play with everyone out the gate.

that' what i'm wondering.

anyway, i'm about to do this loadiine thing. i already got star fox zero downloaded.

I want the complete FE:Fates game,that is all three routes. How do I proceed to install? Download the Special Edition cia and then install Revelation DLC or what?

no

Just use tubehax dns so you're safe from updates.
You did set them up right?

then how?

just fukkin google it la

gamefaqs.com/n64/198854-super-smash-bros/saves

forums.daedalusx64.com/download/file.php?id=2540&sid=ea99564e11319f9598f4a18715eb5e87

Of course I did, but can't they block it anyway? The same way they would block me playing a game online if I was on 5.4 or below?

Neither of those save files are in the correct file format (.sav)

What does iOSU do that kexploit does not? Does it just act as an entry point without the browser stuff?

convert them then? Fucking hell user

>already set up emunand
>ready to a9lh that shit out

I do have JKSV installed and it's pathetically easy to backup my 3ds saves, but...

what happens to GBA VC injects? Rather, what happens to the saves? Should I backup them?How?

once you are finished with the guide you should have exactly the same set up from enuNAND, including your games and saves and where your games are on the home screen etc

getting an EU version (after hours of searching) appears to have done the trick

I know, but aren't GBA saves somehow tied to sysnand (and that's why you have to inject those cia in both nands?) Hence I'm asking

Ah, I see what you mean. Can the save manager for 3DS games not extrace VC saves?

Guys i have a problem:

i create a new emunand but when i use fbi it tells me "database not found" and i cant install shit.

Visit the eshop once.

sadly no, neither savedatafiler nor jksv

more access

emunand

loading games from a hdd instead of an sd

Any news on 3.60 getting hacked on the vita?

In the process of downgrading in part 4. Reading ahead to section III.

>Go to dukesrg.github.io/2xrsa.html?arm11.bin on your 3DS

I assume you do this in the webrowser, but should I do this is sysNAND or emuNAND? (it doesn't say)