/tesg/- The Elder Scrolls General

>Mods, modding guides, and FAQs
tesgeneral.com/
>Found a problem or have a suggestion? Use the "Contact Us" button at the bottom of the site!

>The Booru
vgtes.booru.org/
>The Lewd Booru (Use the filter if you find a picture objectionable)
booru.Legacywaste.org/

>Lore and Lore Accessories
imperial-library.info/
uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page
uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Books

>TES:O?
Find or create an /esog/ thread.

>Thread was created with incorrect OP or a lot earlier than post?
Ignore and report; Wait for a correct thread to be made.

Elder Thread:

This one turned out alright.

waifus ded
/tesg/ ded

Okay /tesg/, I have a semi-serious question for you. Let's say that in 4E 221, Nazeem became the high king of Skyrim but he was sent back to the year 201 due to wizard shenanigans. In the past, he killed a random beggar in Whiterun, but what he didn't know was that this random beggar was the person who helped him ascend to the throne of the High King.

My question is, now that he has killed this person, would this incarnation of Nazeem disappear instantly as the possibility of him being High King ceased to exist?

Do I put (good) strawberry jam, vegemite or honey on this toast, /tesg/?

fuck todd howard

The Nerevarine didn't disappear instantly if you killed an important NPC in Morrowind, so I guess no.

nah son the story is like this
>god creates man
>god tells angels to love man more than god
>Lucifer, the greatest of all archangels, tells god he cannot, because he loves god too much
>god punishes lucifer for disobeying him
>lucifer is pretty fucking angry, like holy shit, I did this because I loved you god why
>lucifer rises up taking a serious portion of god's own angels
>a war wages on in heaven between Lucifer and his angels, against Michael and his Angels
>Lucifer is defeated and locked away in hell, prophecized to return at the end of days, to lay claim to mortal souls, as a seven-headed dragon, in which Michael will fight him again and win, locking him away for another ten thousand years
>the angels that fought for god live in heaven
>the angels that fought for lucifer serve in hell
>the angels that refused to take sides populate purgatory

None, you put just a little bit of butter on lightly crisped toast

If you don't have grape jam why bother eating toast at all?

She get spitroasted?

People who shit talk Oblivion are the same pieces of filth who shit talk the Star Wars prequels and think that The Force Awakens was a bad and/or derivative Star Wars movie

WORTHLESS opinions from WORTHLESS shit-for-brains who don't at all understand the franchise they claim to care so much about

just fuck OFF already

Just another version of the story. Then you have the Demiurge, and the Qlippot, each with their own stories.

The prequels were garbage, the force awakens was derivative and oblivion was the best TES

dwi scrublord

No, sorry, that's pretty bad.

the new star wars was dog shit though

Now that's just improper
Not that it would work anyway. The difference in height would make things difficult

The Nerevarine didn't go back in time to start their quest though. He's asking about a time paradox.

And generally in TES the answer to time paradoxes is "time is convoluted." Things Just Work, Nazeem wouldn't cease to exist but past-Nazeem would now not become high king by the time he was the same age future-Nazeem was when he went back. Unless, of course, the Jills thought this was significant enough to mend.

Oblivion was boring and ugly as shit.

Mashaallah, this is a false story propagated by the infidels, yaa akhi. Allah cast out Shaitaan because he would not bow before Adam, and this act of transgression could not be tolerated.

Allah, being the most merciful , did not end Shaitaan's existence, and cast him away from Jannah instead. Truly, Islam is a peaceful religion.

tl;dr God is a fucking cunt.

Jills? Who or what are they?

GET THE FUCK OUT YOU PEDOPHILE WORSHIPPING CAMELFUCKER FUCK YOU!!!!!!!

note to self: cumtears get easily triggered by muslims.

Watch your words kafir.

>Jills? Who or what are they?
Brides of Akatosh. Might or might not refer to Mara, Dibella and Kynareth. At any rate, Akatosh's body is a semi-literal representation of time. When there's time paradoxes or timelines outright break and time becomes nonlinear it causes his body to be wounded or broken and vice versa. The Jills mend his body the best they can, piecing bones back together and sometimes taking bits from other timelines when the main timeline is too fractured to reassemble normally. Look into Dragon Breaks, they're what happens when something seriously harms Akatosh and time becomes completely nonlinear, usually in a locale but sometimes across all of Nirn or at least Tamriel.

Oblivion is my favourite of the ones from the TES series I've played but you can still see some improvements to the way the game works in Skyrim. For example how skills level. Oblivion a skill levels the same each time you use it. That means grind skills by fighting weak enemies or casting novice spells. You slow down a lot in levelling a skill in Skyrim if you cast only novice spells or avoid fights with anything but mudcrabs and wolves.

The whole Starwars franchise is shit.

>Going about my business, enchanting some shit
>Walk out of Dragonsreach
>Going down the stairs towards Breezhome to bank my shit
>Walk past Nazeem
>See subtitles for a millisecond
>Game crashes
>Start game up again
>Application load error: P:0000065432

This is the same as "would you disappear if you killed your father in the past?". No you wouldn't. Things don't simply cease to exist. If you stopped existing in the future then you wouldn't have killed your father in the past, except you did.

The only way to explain this kind of time paradox is that there are infinite timelines and parallel universes and what you do in one doesn't affect the events and outcomes of the others

>That means grind skills by fighting weak enemies or casting novice spells
The best is casting fire damage on self to grind destruction. Shit was dope because there was a journal in the Shivering Isles that mentioned an journeyman mage doing just this and eventually becoming addicted to the pain and destroying his body.

He's a Trumpfag, so it's not surprising.

So.. Why didn't the Jills intervene when Pelinal was sent back in time? Did his existence not cause a time paradox?

So this "disappearing" idea will only work if the TES universe operates on a single timeline with no parallel universes?

ARE YOU KIDDING ME??

In the TES universe that shit would break the dragon (literally doing something so impossible the God of Time himself can't handle it and it CTDs)

Well that depends entirely on the given rules of "reality" in your scenario. In the real world, we know nothing about time travels, but current theories involve that only traveling to another universe would be "possible". No matter what you did there, it had no effect on your own future.

Now some games develop their own Universes with rules, so it entirely depends on that. If there would be no alternate universe travel, then you would have a paradox that is not solvable since it runs infinite loop.

t. carl

Did anyone ever make a Tullius version of this? I'm not the first user who asked but just remembered it.

Is this question relevant to your fanfiction's twist?[/spoiler[

>Yarti still hasn't learned how to spoiler

>So.. Why didn't the Jills intervene when Pelinal was sent back in time? Did his existence not cause a time paradox?
Because that was with Akatosh's blessing, presumably. PELIN-EL was kin to the Ada.

>So this "disappearing" idea will only work if the TES universe operates on a single timeline with no parallel universes?
Yeah, which it doesn't. Bronjunaar Sanctuary is in a slightly displaced parallel timeline. Also outside of Mundus "Time" works very differently, independent of Akatosh. Mundus is basically the equivalent of Nirn's "solar system," Nirn and the Aedric planets (and Mannimarco) surrounding it.

Is there any way to use a low spec ENB for playing and a better ENB for screenshots?

>but current theories involve that only traveling to another universe would be "possible". No matter what you did there, it had no effect on your own future.
There's two major theories from what I've heard. The other is that time is unilinear and your actions in the past would affect your actions in the future, gradually justifying events toward one single outcome where your actions in the past caused your actions in the future that caused you to go back to the past et cetera.

how come the lunar phases are so fucked up in skyrim

No

Donald Trump will appoint liberal judges

Maybe yes, maybe no. Look, I haven't continued past the part where she meets Serana for the first time, because I can't find the time to continue writing it.

I can't just spoil it all away.

Akatosh's blessing? Ada? Jill? This is really confusing me... Are you sure that you're not mixing it up with Resident Evil lore?

[citation needed]

On a fantasy hardness scale where 0 is ASOFAI and 10 is LOTR where is the elder scrolls?

Having 2 moons fucks shit up.

DELETE THIS!

Define "hardness". Your scale doesn't make much sense.

>english teacher doesn't even know what "blessing" means
amazing

Woo, I did it

the fuck is ASOFAI

>tfw no follower mod

Magnus is a distant hole in a membrane rather than an actual orb of gas that Nirn and its moons orbit, and the lunar phases may not even be tied to reflected light but to some wacky Lorkhanic cycle.

I am not an English teacher dude... Besides, this "blessing" makes no sense for me considering that according to the information that was given to me until now, Akatosh is literally the embodiment of time.

What exactly is this blessing, how often does he give it, and does he only give it to certain individuals to prevent an XK-class end of the world scenario or something?

A song of ice and fire.

>back over your sword
Full retard.

>XK-class end of the world scenario
Okay, now I have no idea what this is supposed to be.

"game of thrones" books

>A Song Of Ice And Fire
>ASOFAI
>stiiiiiill missing it

gee user you have some pretty high expectations of me

It's an SCP reference. Basically, it's a hypothetical event that will cause the end of the world as we know it.

For example, let's say that by not interfering with the ritual to summon Potema, you have inadvertently triggered an XK-class event where the entire world is taken over by Potema and her zombie horde.

However, to prevent this from happening, even without your interference, the Jills (or somebody with the authorithy to do so) would send an individual from the future to prevent that event from ever happening.

...Or at least that's how I understand it, if I were to tie it up with TES lore.

Just hint at them all fucking each other, then the stories make themselves

It's supposed to be ASoIaF. Maybe he's dyslexic.

Everything and anything is a possible "end of the world" scenario
If it's not, it wouldn't be worth mentioning in games

>send an individual from the future to prevent that event from ever happening.
If you send someone to the past to prevent something from happening, then in the future there won't be any need to send anyone to the past, meaning you didn't/won't do anything, except you did/will, which is a paradox

You can't change events by doing things differently in the past.

>You can't change events by doing things differently in the past.

I take it that you've never watched The Butterfly Effect/played Life is Strange?

>I've seen exactly 2 pieces of visual media about this topic. I'm an expert.
Fuck off Cumtears.

But that wasn't me, senpai. ;_;

I've played LiS, but I've never watched Butterfly Effect.

What is Blursharp in an ENB preset?

But you CAN change the events in the future by tampering with the events in the past, this is like one of the most frequently asked questions ever asked in science-fiction.

"What would happen if you go back in time and kill baby Hitler?"

>"What would happen if you go back in time and kill baby Hitler?"
WW2 wouldn't happen in the new timeline in which you landed when traveling in time because you'd be in a point in time where that future hasn't happened yet, but everything would remain the same in your original universe because things don't simply disappear and the entire world doesn't simply magically change.

there's no such thing as a "paradox" effect or phenomenon

humankind has already achieved relative time travel, though it's not the same concept as time travel wherein something is transplanted into another time

but if you hypothetically could transplant one big bundle of stuff from the current time to a time before, there is no otherworldly force that would jump back and "unmake" something

Please dear god don't start a time travelling argument
Shit is worse than "x is best game" or "/pol/ was right"
Just everyone drop it

>humankind has already achieved relative time travel
Yeah, forwards. Going back in time is an entirely different story.

/pol/ is always right tho

depends on your perspective, though, doesn't it
maybe everyone else traveled back in time while he traveled forward

Maybe your mother wasn't a fat whore

what outfit famalam?

...no, that's not how it works

To travel forwards in time you just have to go real fucking fast. Other people woudn't "go back", they would simply go slower.

what is that expression trying to convey?

it's clones' default "I can't into mfg" expression

Not as bad as
"You can totally loose a bow guys. That's how archers all over the world say it."
Theoretically. We don't yet have a vessel that can travel that fast to test it out, but I believe it.

this
user is coming in with the valueposts

post yours
how fast

This one is much better

>We don't yet have a vessel that can travel that fast to test it out
You don't have to jump into a spaceship and fly away at 0.8c to prove it, time dilation has been demonstrated at much smaller scales and it can be extrapolated to much higher speeds

Full Definition of blessing

a : the act or words of one that blesses b : approval, encouragement

Morrowind = Best Lore, Best Setting
Skyrim = Best Aesthetic
Oblivion = Best Quests

That's why I said "I believe it." But I won't be completely sold until I see a guy hop in a spaceship and fly around for 50 years and return to earth relatively unchanged.

You know the time spent posting/lurking on here, can instead be best spent on finishing the follower mod.

>inb4 ikr

>how fast
For something like going on a space flight and coming back to Earth 10 years later when you've only been away for 2 years, that would have to be relativistic speeds. The closer you get to the speed of light, the slower time passes for you compared to the rest of the universe.

I don't remember how the equation goes but iirc if you moved at exactly the speed of light, time would completely stop

>time would completely stop
>ZA WARUDO will actually be a reality

now if only this will actually happen during my lifetime...

Which body texture replacer has the nicest cunny lips?

We could theoretically move faster than light with an alcubierre drive (which may not ever be possible because it would require absurd amounts of energy to run), which instead of pushing you really fast, kinda makes the distance smaller by contracting spacetime in front of you. But actually accelerating a spaceship to the speed of light is impossible because it requires infinite energy.

Well 0.999c would be fine for starters, too.

>/tesg/ armchair theoretical physicists general

What if?

TES 6 would be

Morrowind

With

Skyrim graphics/engine!

Rehashed Morrowind with already outdated graphics and shit engine? Yeah no thanks.

But think of the mone-, I mean the players.

So you mean Skywind but even worse? Fuck that shit.

Wow, that's the worst thing I've ever heard.