XCOM General - /xcg/

Alien Hunters edition

Previous squadwipe News:
1)
Julian Gollop is working on his new game, Phoenix Point. It's a turn-based tactical game with strategy elements, destructible terrain, geoscape and character progression much akin to XCOM
Here are some links for the curious, though there isn't much yet:
>twitter.com/Phoenix_Point
>phoenixpoint.info/
>pcgamer.com/julian-gollop-announces-new-game-phoenix-point/

2)Long war studios are working on more mods for Xcom2, the first of five Long War Toolbox is live on the workshop
xcom.com/news/en-long-war-studios-creating-more-xcom-2-mods

Furthermore mod author Capnbubs - maker of the most endorsed mod on the workshop - has been signed onto the LWS team

3)More information including new armours, new aliens and new missions revealed about Alien Hunters DLC
xcom.com/news/en-dangerous-ruler-aliens-await-in-xcom-2s-alien-hunters-dlc

The /xcg/ Mandatory Read
>>pastebin.com/k9pT8zx4

Essential improvements (Skip intros, alleviate stuttering, multi monitor support, resolutions past 1080p)
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=616682629

XCOM2 NEW AND IMPROVED MODLIST, updated regularly:
>>pastebin.com/pTMatP5Z
NEW AND WORKING MEGA MOD LIBRARY - Contains literally all mods from the new modlist:
-RECENTLY UPDATED AND COMPRESSED IN ZIP FORMAT
>>mega.nz/#F!HlgWjCqR!STJ0c0kW8Fs6jKynqKyerw

Music For Killing Ayys:
youtube.com/watch?v=W1BiuFpFqAc

/xcg/'s Long War FAQ (new players read this shit):
>pastebin.com/YmaXBKpN

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qpEi5C3tGSw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Got to say, Alien Hunters looks terrible

>new thread is already on page 5

rise from your grave, /xcg/

no u

Ayyy

Looks better than slingshot

kill ayys

>Viper king

This guy gets it.

Come on, you're on Veeky Forums
You like traps like everybody else here
Just add those big, round venom sacks and nobody will see the difference

You feel it too, don't you?

/d/ pls go

He mad.

They said from the start the tiddies are just venom sacs, and Thin Men were.. well.. Thin MEN. It's the same species, so makes sense that the Vipers are male too, despite appearances fooling Snekfags into thinking they were females due to the similarities to human females.

""""""""""venom sacks""""""""""

I hope Enforcer is added into 2 by a DLC, he is the best.

Could solo Advent, The Ethereal Ones, and whatever the aliens are cared of by himself.

Looks like it became possessed by Trigon.

Intriguing

As much as that game was a mess I really like how the enforcer looked they could be an xcom terminator

>he doesnt like feminine penises
What are you, gay?

>implying multiple implications

>doesnt want to fondle her small erect penis while fucking her in the ass
Go back to /lgbt/

alright lads, calm down on implications, it's enough

So, any Viper King smut yet? So many possibilities from IT'S A TRAP to Viper Harem! God bless you Firaxis.

Gifted by Shen.
Actually that'd be a rad as fuck thing. No meld, so no MECs, but Shen did like him some robutts.
'Behold commander, the Mark IV SHIV!'

nth for pure innocent codex

I mean, yeah I guess
I like traps as much as the next person but still..

>That sleek gun-axe

TENNO SCOOM

EXALT
X
A
L
T

pistols are useful

Sup

Slut

Il be your slut any day F A M for a price that is.

>Viper King

After playing Xenonauts for maybe ~3 months, the only thing it did especially right was air strikes on missions I don't want to do.

Fuck, that's so satisfying. I don't want to waste 30 of my minutes on a mission that will net me anything.

I came here after seeing a picture of the alien hunter armor on /v/.

Why does it look like shit /xcg/? Why has Jake betrayed us?

>on /v/.
shoo

I wonder if this dlc will include any additional generic cosmetic parts for your rookies, not counting the unique armors you can get from the ruler enemies you slaughter and skin.

Well, ok then.

Everything except tier 1 stuff has looked like garbage in XCOM2, so this is nothing new.

I still remember my disappointment when I first unlocked power armor and checked the "helmet" "options"

I bluescreened my laptop once playing Enforcer

Too many explosions and dying xenos at once

I never did finish that game, but by god I won it

Need's Bagel's head.

I really DO like how we're going TFTD for X-Com..3? Fuck, whatever, but there's been so many UFO Defense expys with mechanics and gameplay left behind.

Jake pls.

Honestly I can't wait to backflip hatchet throw Avatar's to death when the new stuff is released.

An axe you can throw is a good start, but I hope they add MORE unique melee weapons, I mean they need to at least add say... an electrified bo staff that lets you attack all adjacent enemies in one move (fucking Donatello, his reach was overpowered as fuck).

I'm just hoping that the ruler armors have more then one look to them. They look pretty silly right now, but simply having options for each piece to look like you straight skinned that ayy, to more practical looking armor would quickly solve that.

Anarchies Children was advertised with the most ridiculous looking killer clown soldiers you could possibly make, but I use a decent amount of the cosmetics on my normal soldiers.Only the archon armor looks fine as is.

Did they release an image of the boss codex, I need to know for reasons

How often do enemies go adjacent, though? Their AI is programmed to avoid such because grenades.

Unless you mean nade distance? That's just silly...Rangers, Assaults and the like, are built around one unit dying the fuck to die town. To give them any kind of AoE would either fuck up the perk tree in defiance of this in either shotgun or blade direction, or just be a God damn underpowered waste and thus utterly moot.

here

firaxis pls

If they had basically infinite exponation, then everyone in the X-Com squad gets a partner...

Just saying. Jake. Living on that ship must get...lonely.

>implying the bar is not a place to meet fuckbuddies
We are on a multinational, multisexes ship.
The only thing lacking is privacy IMO

Is that a GODDAMN PILEBUNKER? They won't let me use this badboy will they? When can I expect a modder to let me impale aliens with this little toy? Because holy hell, I would make a 'blade' ranger just for this thing.

youtube.com/watch?v=qpEi5C3tGSw

>implying that XCOM operatives don't spend the time after they eliminate all ayys on a non-city map fucking eachother in the forest/desert before extracting

You're blind. It's just a rifle that shoots big bolts, I bet they were probably too fucking lazy to make it stick ayys to walls behind them. Fucking Firaxis.

The shadowkeeper pistol seems OP as fuck if given to a concealment ranger

knowing my games, it's often the same 6-10 people that get some ass then

Well, a bolter is alright too. I assumed that the weapon you got from King Snek was the freeze grenade.

I think the weapon I want the most though is that Shadowfall pistol. As if the freaking Gunslinger needed to be even more OP, now I can always run them into the middle of shit and they shouldn't ever be targeted.

>alien rulers require multiple missions to take them out
fucking hell, it's going to be a chryssalid queen on steroids

>ranger
>pistol

I think you are forgetting that Pistol is Sharpshooter only weapon. Though the modded "Scout" should be able to make good use of it too.

I was hoping for a Sniper Rifle that would bring that side of the tree more in line though. Gunslinger too stronk, killing Sectopods in one turn.

they can't be fucking serious

>nigger as berserker

Implying the commander has enough funbux left over for you to get laid.

Deal with it. He micromanaged pussy away. Or they're all dead. RIP.

just realized, but wtf is this extreme right yellow helmet ?

>inb4 i-it's optional
>inb4 i-it makes s-sense in the s-setting
>inb4 Jake can do no wrong

Firaxis have horrible designers.

>Black man as the predator

This microaggression baka

Its a codex mask :^)

Actually I have no idea, its not from an alien ruler though.

That all looks like garbage. I sure hope some modders can salvage something from this.

Maybe turn the Berserk thing into the suit from Crysis and add a Jetpack inplace whatever the fuck that is on the left.

Now you just make me wish for an X-Com FPS with Crysis mechanics.

Gonna replay that game + Warhead. brb

I don't see the issue tbqh

Looks like it'd be from an Andromedon, maybe.

>thought the alien hunters DLC would be something like making a squad of elite alien hunting operators with military styled cosmetics to contrast from the anarchy's children DLC
>instead we get this

At least there's going to be some new aliens, but that gear was a major letdown.

>making a squad of elite alien hunting operators with military styled cosmetics
Why would you think that? The name itself in the middle of a war against aliens sounds like a bunch of weirdos.

Go download the capnbubs mod, no one is actually doing anything stylish instead of just mundane military style shit or rips from other games.

But I want to give Firaxis my money for tacticool shit

Firaxis "Action Figures are my jam" Studios probably wouldn't do much military style stuff. Even the stuff that approaches military style is incredibly cartoonish.

I have a very lonely bar unfortunately.

It's a shame, but i know why
You feel it too, don't you ?

Damn right I feel it.

I envy you

I'm sure the sections of the ship that are still full of alien debris serve as hookup spots., dark private and with green moodlighting.

Yeah but I want to get angry about not having to pay for tacticool shit

Yea, this exposed power coil seems such a good place to hang around, with the visible radiations and all
Not dangerous at all

They're betting on using captured Advent gene therapy to remove the extra limbs and cancer

>Jake Solomon does it again

Fucking hell, did Firaxis fire all of their artists and hire interns or something?

Which is bad news any of my agents that happened to roll Raven for a callsign.

>he thinks xcom hasn't always had super serious armour designs
haha are you saying this giant bulky armour isn't realistic and tactical. haha next you'll be telling me the EW sleeveless vests aren't realistic.

You are retarded if you think a soldier will seriously go into battle wearing a fucking bomb suit.

The airstrikes were alright. They left me a little disappointed in the game though as I realized I was skipping the tactical missions because I couldn't be bothered; suddenly one very big side of the game is boring.

he's being sarcastic

don't be ridiculous user, the EU armour designs were incredibly realistic and people go into battle all the time like this, everyone knows every real army goes into combat in little vests and bomb disposal suits

sorry, poe's law is a bitch

If you think that was remotely serious with all the hahas you might be the retarded one, the only thing that would mark it as more sarcastic would be a leddit /s

Just jumping in here, but as long as the armor and art direction doesn't turn towards what happened with Apocalypse, I'm alright with it.

The difference is that this doesn't look like World of Warcraft shit. You can clearly tell it's military styled, now we're getting fucking WoW raid gear. Didn't know what I was expecting considering the Fallout Bandit armor in the last one.

hooray, i'm a master satirist

>now we're getting fucking WoW raid gear

It's your fault Jake, you're trying to kill Xcom aren't you.

You didn't even wait for the free to play online game with microtransactions before you added the shitty cosmetics. Fuck you, filthy kike.

>You didn't even wait for the free to play online game with microtransactions before you added the shitty cosmetics

You're not even ruining it by making it some waifu bait faggotry that all the weebs want, you're ruining it by making it for reddit.
>haha le epik spikes on le shoulders xD
I wish you all the worst, Mr. Solomon.

>you're ruining it by making it for reddit