/twg/ Total War General

Modding now supported Edition

>/twg/ steam groups (MP battles on weekend, co-op anytime)
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>Attila
TWC Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2105-Total-War-Attila-Modifications
Slavic Race Culture DLC -- youtube.com/watch?v=QiVx6yBp4fg
Age of Charlamagne -- youtube.com/watch?v=RNOy63UZXvM
Last Roman -- youtube.com/watch?v=ZPOHiFTQDyc
Empires of Sand DLC -- youtube.com/watch?v=4YN4doAZDPU
Attila launch trailer -- youtube.com/watch?v=h9xmbMLyMuo

>Warhammer
EGX Siege AI and Vamp vs Chaos gameplay -- youtube.com/watch?v=fj05Ll1Mark
Chaos vs Empire battle -- youtube.com/watch?v=uao1Pu-Kw88
Vampire Counts Campaign -- youtube.com/watch?v=2a9nF8X2Yd4
Vampire Counts Reveal -- youtube.com/watch?v=uj605sogy3I
Corruption Blog -- wiki.totalwar.com/w/How_Corruption_Works_in_Total_War:_WARHAMMER
How Corruption Works -- youtube.com/watch?v=g6PPH4GkEM8
Vampire Counts Roster -- wiki.totalwar.com/w/Vampire_Counts_Army_Roster
Siege of Hovel -- youtube.com/watch?v=9SFM6-LC6io
Kholek Suneater- Chaos vs Dwarfs -- youtube.com/watch?v=3EIkvHD7MU8
Kholek Suneater -Dwarf POV -- youtube.com/watch?v=aAMKJzUAX_M
Modding Officially supported -- wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_Modding_Details
>Pastebin FAQs
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN

First for Total War: RWBY

3rd for Darren's girlfriend should replace Joey

2nd for previous thread because I fucked up the OP

Second for memes and mods

First for there isnt a single reason you shouldn't buy Total Warhammer now

Award them for doing good
Shit on them for doing bad

nth for I hope they push back the release date

The facts of the matter, irrespective of whether anyone/community was relevant in CAs decision making, was that criticism of the game especially with points like regional occupation and LL coop starting positions was the reason CA decided to put the feature into the game and work out a solution with GW. Shills on here were saying that no modding, no total occupation and no different starting positions was fine and should be accepted. Such people are literal scum and the cancer in the community.

IF OUT CHIEFTAIN IS TO BECOME WARBOSS

MILITARY LEDA OF ALL DA GREENSKINS

Medieval Kingdoms came out today

Have some screens

I honestly haven't seen anyone say no modding was fine. And we already knew there would be mods anyways just no official support. If anything the people you likely refer to as "shills" were the ones who either didn't care about those particular issues or they said their piece where it would actually make a difference (on official forums). People seriously overestimate the likelihood of actual shills coming here. Especially for a game like total war.

We have ordered you to fuck off quite a few times

Now that I've seen the game being so painfully badly played, I want to play even more, just to feel the satisfaction of actually being able to play this correctly.

>Using the Goblin Shaman to destroy buildings no one fucking cares about.
>Refusing Dorf peace offers and attacking them while the fucking tutorial enemy faction still has armies roaming your countryside.
>Gaining a Gobbo hero, and promptly forgetting about it.
>Announce you're going to conquer a sttlement, recieve non-agression pact offer from the faction it belongs to, accept without realizing who even proposed the offer, and then proceed to betray the agreement, without even noticing you're betraying it.
>Forget half an army's worth of Boyz in the middle of battle.
>Have the opportunity to deploy after your ennemy : deploy, launch battle, and then wonder out loud : "what have they got in their army ?"
>Never, ever flank using cavalry
>Keep two identical barracks in the same province.
>Never use heroes in battle
This physically hurts. The cringe is real.

HYPE OVERLOAD

HELP

GIVE ME THE FUCKING WARHAMS RIGHT NOW CA

I WANT IT

daily reminder attila has 48 siege layouts
warhammer total war has 3

Take your ritalin

>download medieval kingdoms 1212 ad for attila
>press custom battle
>crash

>I honestly haven't seen anyone say no modding was fine.
Because no one has, and it was never a thing to say anyways. Idiots like the person you replied to (arch) are still stuck in the retarded delusion that no official mod support = no modding at all.

>Lizardmen still not announced

OH SHIIIIIT

No

Is "sod it" a meme now?

pretty sure of yourself user. It'll probably be more challenging than it appears seriously most of the people on here (myself included) will be utterly incompetent at managing magic/flying units etc and have no idea about the abilities of different units if they don't know about the TT. I bet no one here will go straight to multiplayer either.

>Same faction co-op campaigns added
>Map painters can do as they please
>Hints of Skaven all over the Ork campaign walk-through
>WAAAGH armies actually competent in army composition
>full mod support
>Listening to constructive criticism and acting promptly on it
>Holding off on the release to make sure they don't Rome 2 it

what a time to be alive

>rawr here we come :3

>48 siege layouts
Of which 3 were good, so it balances nicely.

oh Jesus!

That and they actually follow your main army around which I thought was cute

But Warhammer has like a dozen monsters and Atilla only has slavs

>Estalia still not announced

No.
The manner of speech is and always has been.

IMO they should be tied to the tech of the player. It looks a bit unbalanced for you to get top-tier units that early in the game against your typical dumb-as-shit enemy ai.

Whats the news on Skavens?

Yeah definitely need to tone down troop quality early game. I mean what can the AI do if you suddenly attack them with spiders, giants and other high tier units on turn 8?

With mod support in and the maps designed for different teams ease of modification in game development it'll be the easiest thing in the world to mod. So we'll potentially have thousands.
Not that you really need more than like two dozen anyway.

This made me laugh more than it should have

Just a bunch of references in quest and flavor text. There's no way they're actually in the game.

Yeah, honestly I think the Waaaagh army looks pretty massively overpowering, I don't see how the AI is even supposed to stand a chance.

Hopefully the strength of Waaagh armies is tied to the difficulty level so we can just bump it up to Very Hard and get stacks of Boys and Goblins instead of an assload of endgames units that makes it feel like we're cheating.

>>Same faction co-op campaigns added
Is this true? How does it work?

There were quite a lot of references to them in the greenskins campaign stream that was just played. Events mentioned a great horned god and also some skaven abducting a bunch of orcs for whatever reason. And Grimgor mentioned fighting them previously.
I wonder if Skaven will be the DLC faction instead of wood elves, at this point, since it seems like they have a lot of references to them in the game already.

Not mentioned. Most expectations are for phase/standalone game/expansion 1(of 3 if you haven't been paying attention) as DLC, or else the second or probably the third phase, whichever expands the old world.

So other than Modding what else was announced/revealed?

right so the 'Idiots' in the community who encouraged CA to bring supported modding into the game saving modders valuable time are the deluded retards? Clearly know fuck all about modding.

That fucking Waagh had a black orc, shitload of night goblins, ARACHNOROK, Giant and troll unit.

At least it wasn't a 20 stack, but still that's absurd for the first 20 turns

they confirmed it in the stream. no details of how it works so far but legendary lords can start in different places which then allows a player to pick one each.

DLC

Whelp, guess I'm wrong. I haven't watched the latest stream. Great stuff. Maybe they will solidly be early DLC which is really good.

Still kinda missing out on the thematic really late DLC release of suddenly everywhere in the world has evil rats, but I guess the waiting would suck.

If our ______ is to become ______....

Mod is fun

Maybe it was devbuild scripped just to show shit off?

If our meme is to become supreme

>I don't see how the AI is even supposed to stand a chance
Waaaaghs of their own

Is it custom battle only?

How far does tech go?

>Instead of Wood Elves

They could easily have both.

Both of the faction capitals are left blank on the current map.

Uh I didn't watch the steam but something "revealed" was specific mods receiving first party development help. Said specific mods changing things that the community had specifically complained about.
So it's an indication of taking customer criticism and making changes which is great moving forward.

There weren't really any "reveals" in the grand sense, but we saw a bunch of gameplay and learned some stuff we didn't know before, like how Night Goblin Fanatics works and stuff.

Yes

Rosters aren't fully completed yet, so some unfinished countries have a bit of each era. The ones that look done have militia, professionals, and then handgunners

I feel you on that but I kind of expected WAAAGH's to be a half stack of garbage to soak bullets and not a real threat. But yeah may have to tweak that a bit for launch.

>that announcement
Could the haters be BTFO any more? I don't think so. The only problem with the game now is that its not getting released today

who /90%autoresolve/ here?

IF OUR LORD IS T'BECOME KING Other than mods, what else did I miss?

Meant to reply to

An annoying fat fucking cunt.

seriusly I hate her

The main problem will be getting them to do what you want, most likely.

Skaven references.

The Blighted Marshes are just a part of one of the too big provinces in Estalia or... the other one which I can't remember for the life of me for some reason. Athel Loren is a specific void so far, and thematically a dual wood-elf beastmen. release would make most sense.
They also HAVE to be released here(beastmen not technically but they're most pertinent to the Wood Elves and beastmen)
Whereas Skaven COULD be released in the New world or the old world expansion.

How many viewers did the stream have if you remember?

of course no one is doing MP at the beginning, you wanna enjoy the unique part of the game, the quest and faction scripting first.

As for being that, I honestly wouldn't be surprised to find out people on this thread are fucking garbage, there are so many people here that actually have to pause to do well in battle.

Is there a place on Veeky Forums were people don't fucking suck at the game their dedicated to? D2G sucks at Dota2, vp is garbage at Pokemon, and twg seems to have a lot of people that garbage (though people from other sites and boards seem to be fucking worse). Last I heard, tg sucked ass at mtg.

Just a whole bunch of gameplay.

We basically saw the first 2 hours of the Orc campaign.

You also missed Joey being absolutely AWFUL at video games.

IF OUR LORD IS T'BECOME KING stop posting this stupid meme

>Skaven references.

what? pls, do tell?

I honestly cant bring myself to play any battles unless it is important battle

>Enemy stack attacks
>retreat
>Pull up another stack and just autoresolve using numbers

or

>Have 60 year war with Sassanids
>Finally make it to Ctesiphon
>3 legions with siege equipment and full of veterans
>Only the garrison with 4 armenian spears and some shitty bow units are defending the city
>get upset at anticlimax and just autoresolve
>Only a bunch

>skaven references
>night goblin fanatics
>more details on how waaagh works
>sod it
>eating the enemy's army casualties after beating them replenishes your own
>modding available from day 1

read up, its been posted

readNot mentioned specifically, but they're there.

The waagh followed orders, the problem is it was kinda slow and also set up fort on the way

Where did you see this gameplay? I havent seen any campaign map gameplay other than the few short videos they put out months ago.

I want to see if you get any wood elf related events if you take provinces next to Athel loren.

>set up fort
ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING
COWARDLY BEHAVIOR AS EXPECTED OF MORK'S FOLLOWERS

GORK
O
R
KROG

Twitch steam I believe.

I still say no regional occupation is fine and won't change it with mods anyway.

It's a game feature that fits better with Warhammer lore than if every faction could occupy every province.

no official mod support would always be a bummer, but something I could have lived with

TLDR: shove your cobspiracies up your ass arch, you're a faggot

Where is this ork campaign walkthrough?

Skave aren't gonna be in for a year and a half at least. In a speech by Grimgor he says 'we're good at fighting underground ask the rats' referring to his butchery of clan moulder. Also the devs did say how skaven will tie into the karak occupation with dwarfs and greenskins. We already know they're in next expansion so its no big deal just sperglords on here going autistic.

I can't really tell if it's meant to be a part of Estalia, it has the same color but it is also just completely blank of features which kinda makes me think that it is meant to be distinct.

It could go either way, though I figure you're probably right if they're gonna conserve enough content for both the expansions.

>How many viewers did the stream have if you remember?

I didn't notice.

>Bretonnian lord wanders near Athel Loren
>gets a sore ass modifier slowing their movement speed

as said
Might be uploaded to youtube eventually but it was kinda long.

That's it where should I preorder it also is that -20% thing still valid?

twitch/totalwarofficial

just watch it there

Hey ModdingAnon, just curious; How well does the AI do with modded units and modded unit lists? I know you were looking at Kislev, so what's the likelihood a modded Kislev would know what to do with these guys? Though I suppose modeling them from Dwarf Quarrelers wouldn't be too much of a stretch.

They abduct people from everyone apparently

There was a VC opening turns journalist video and the disappearing citizens plus triangles event happened to them as well

Warhammer lore doesn't progress AT ALL. Meaning Empire have never taken a dwarf settlement because the oppurtunity has never and will never arise because the Dwarfs haven't lost one to greenskins either at the time. That doesn't mean that it couldn't happen or shouldn't in a game where you progress like total war. Also the lore supports Vamps taking Karaks and Greenskins living in the Empire. Pull your head out of your arse and stop talking definites when its just your opinion faggot.

MILITARY LEADER OF /v/

Question guys.

So I can run the Witcher 3 on max settings, but attila for some reason, runs horribly. Will that be indicitive of how WH will play or is WH supposed to be better optimized? I really want a smooth experience with it and hope it runs better than Attila. Rome 2 for reference runs well on highest settings. Attila just runs poorly unless i lower the settings and it doesnt scale well so lowered settings look horrid.

Playing Medieval Kingdoms for Atilla custom battles now. I think I might be more hyped for the campaign than for Warhammer.

He wasn't talking in definites, he stated that that was his opinion. Go to bed, arch, nobody here is going to buy into your bullshit.

>Warhammer lore doesn't progress AT ALL.
He doesn't know...
Or perhaps it is that he chooses not to.

Attila is a HORRIBLY optimized piece of crap

From what information we have Total War: Warhammer should run better than Attila on the same hardware.

>someone will mod in pikes for the Empire
Hype.

It has been said that WH will be optimized better yes.

Praise our Lord and savio

Aren't Halberds basically the same shit?