Be me

>be me
>Email super autist coworker
>Crack a lame light-hearted joke about something
>He responds with a super long serious email like I attacked him personally or something

Why are autists so hard to work with?

Confront him in person and make him flinch

DO THIS. He will go out of his way to avoid you.

There are literally 5 people in my entire department

Avoidance is not possible

Plz advise

Tell us the joke.

This tbf famz

Ya OP you fucking retard.

your priority should be to make money not to get into petty squabbles, stand your ground but don't antagonize him any further

I've seen this situation before...

You've pretty much gotta start farting inhis cubicle every time he gets up for coffee.

It was a stupid pun relating to our field of work

It would not make any sense to the layman

It was a completely inoffensive "ba-dum-tiss"-tier pun

positive coworker relations are often beneficial for money-making.

Autism can only be fought with autism, so I'll put my aspergers hat on just for you. You realize this is a Veeky Forums image board, correct? The degree of pseudo-professionalism you are imposing is out of line and simply annoying. Instead of casting yourself as the experienced professional you clearly see yourself as, instead you come across much more like a pouty child, bullying a younger kid because he can't run as fast as you or swim as far from shore. So do us all a favor and shut the fuck up and if you want to stoke your own ego then find someone else who thinks you're as important as you do because you certainly won't find that here.

Could you please explain your thought process here with respect to my "pseudo-professionalism" and supposed childish demeanor?

Go to his desk say this :

"I am sorry if I offended you, user. Hope you don't hold it against me."

Professionalism is about holding your tongue.

>implying we're too stupid to understand a pun

literally kill yourself faggot

that autist is our hero

Was the joke at his expense, even in a lighthearted way?

If it was, email him and apologize saying jokes don't translate well across email and say you value him and meant no offense. Even if you're in the right this is still the tactical thing to do.

Common sense. Sounds like OP is also a turbosperg. At least you can be socially inept together.

That wasn't my implication matey. It's just that the joke relies on highly circumstantial information and wouldn't make sense without a great deal of context.

This is probably the advice I need to hear.

How am I behaving like a "turbosperg"?

by writing what you do right now.

You mean my writing style? What about it?

Please elaborate.

"Sorry"