Monster Hunter General - /mhg/

Skyrim edition

>Monster Hunter Generations
A Western adaptation of Monster Hunter X has been announced for release this summer.
capcom-unity.com/dubindoh/blog/2016/03/03/monster-hunter-generations-coming-to-nintendo-3ds-in-summer-2016

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/en/mh4u
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 / Search
In 4U, Target: Fishing (it's 4 to the left)
In X, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)

tinyurl.com
/weeaboos

Tags: MHX, MH4U, MH3U, MHO, MHFU, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GMx1s0P8zszxpBbKLjOE-qgq5td8XDidsJHNmTqo0T8/edit?usp=sharing
minyoung.ch/calculatingpalico/
youtube.com/watch?v=F0D5KaDxoO8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

this thread is done for let it go peacefully into the night

It was fun while it lasted.

Reposting the recently updated general and weapon guides.
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GMx1s0P8zszxpBbKLjOE-qgq5td8XDidsJHNmTqo0T8/edit?usp=sharing

>new general is already 404'ing

it's dead, let it go

Got my friend starting up a naked file, he's HR2. Anyone wanna come do some low rank?

Am I the only one who thinks Nibelsnarf is cute in a way?

It's the cutest

How could anyone NOT adore Nooblysnoof?

You clearly weren't here in the MH3U-4U gap, let alone before then

This is, and was, a lot better than 4U demo - until now, 3U had that idiot SOUL (the fake one) and Azure Rathalos but not garbage like THESE TWO (you know who) and the forced IRC "war"

>carted by a popo while fighting a tigrex

There's no reason for me to go on living.

popodrome is real

>DB page
In Demon Mode, after you do a Rising Slash that follows a Spinning Blade Dance, you go immediately into Jumping Slashes. There is no Roundslash in Demon Mode.
You should mention explicitly that using the Demon Flurry in Archdemon mode drains about 20% of the gauge instantly.
An obvious but big tip is to never let the gauge fully drain because you'll have to fully fill it to re-enable Archdemon Mode.

Oh, forgot to delete that when I pasted.

It's already in the tips.

Oh yeah, I see that tip now. It's just not under the tips section, but above it.

>/mhg/ dying
uh oh

How do you know if a relic wep is worth upgrading? I found an IG with +3 edgemaster but it's rarity 4.

Compare with weapons you own

pastebin has a link to a table of relevant relic stats at the highest level. generally, stuff you can craft can still compete or even beat perfect relic stats, so low rarity relics aren't really worth trying to get.

what lr/hr/gr gunlances/GL armors do you want when progressing?

see

>ctfl+F "gunlance"
>ctrl+F "armor"
that document answers literally none of my question
did you even think before you replied?

I'll be back in an around an hour or so if there's still hunting to be had. That was fun! I think i'll take this opportunity to become proficient at the lance or bow. Sorry for all the future carts

>GL tab
>huge "GUNLANCE GUIDE" on top of it

did you even think before you replied?

>spreadsheets have tabs at the bottom, unlike literally every other thing with tabs in the known universe
>forgot about this
ahem

Is shit posting and acting like a retard the only way to keep this thread alive?
Veeky Forums should be purged any time soon.

is mhx worth it?

No it's fucking putrid shit.

>Kut-ku caught a cold

PRESS THE ADVANTAGE!

Please don't die on me /mhg/

>finally get enough mats to start crafting Grank Garuga set after watching crown hunters cart to Garuga
>need velocidrome hardclaw, a grank item from a monster that only exists in an event or guild quests
>the event quest is with a jho
When will this nightmare end

When you start hunting with Blanche

I give up. This is retarded. I decided to use >bow and turns it's bad. Every fight takes 30 minutes, I seriously cannot do any damage to anything even with Power and close range coatings. Just got back from Kirin, fought him for 40 minutes, no signs of being close to dying, spent 15health pots, all rations, all hot drinks, then died. 3rd time. i ask you , mh gods, what am i doing wrong. Black Bow with +12 attack. i can't get it to 15 yet, health +15, how do i do more damage to this horse

Use a Normal bow, stay in crit distance, hit the horn, use Power Coatings.

Charge your shots, aim for weakpoints, learn critical distance, use a 3rd charge that isn't stupid for the monster you're fighting.
Normal/Rapid is a solid choice for the majority of monsters.

Taking down black gravious, is it better to use a LBG that rapid fires water or just stick to HBG normal shots?

mh4u

What's a good GS set I can make at G2? I've been using a high-rank Zinogre set for a while but at this point it's not really cutting it anymore. Hip checks are chunking me and outright hits are straight-up killing me.

see

Bow is a weapon type that requires you to have a different bow for most fights (until you get sergei anyway). This turns alot of people away since they feel it's a pain in the ass having to upgrade multiple weapons at a time.

On top of that it's a very technical weapon, in the sense that if you don't know what you're doing you're almost guaranteed to do piss-poor damage.

>Black Bow
Well there's no bow called that so i'm going to go ahead and assume you're referring to the Gore Magala line, in which case:
>Spread vs Kirin
Use a rapid bow. Unfortunately since you're still in low rank (well, I assume you are, based on your armour skills) your best rapid option is probably still hunter's stoutbow.

Actually yeah y'know what? Low rank bow fucking sucks dick. It gets usable in high rank and top-tier in G-rank. Just come back around to it later on.

It's a Dragon pierce bow in FU. He should get Tigrex.

>FU
ah, ok. It's been too long since I played that last, so I can't really help you there, sorry m8.

Is the Basarios HH good? Ruby or regular? I made a list of HHs I want to craft,

Teostra's Orphee
Denden Doomsounder
Onyx Terpsichore
Akantor Dark Melody
Dragonwood Godflute
Maqam Sedition
Colored Castanet
Aria Rhota
Dancing Grisdrum
Le Gregorien
Lunar Chordmaker

What do you think? I know Steve's HH is the best one and pretty much outclasses most others but I like choice and to have a lot of weapons for all situations.

Have there been any other skills that haven't made a return for a while now aside from FU's Alchemy and Art Of Unsheathing?

Any tip in farming Gore Magala Feeler?
Its helluva difficult to aim its head while its in enraged mode.

Gore's telegraphs are pretty easy to see, so practice a bit and learn when it's safe to be in front of him. IE if he raises both his hands up in the air to praise Jesus, roll under him for some hits on his belly while he slams the ground, and then roll out again to get some headbops. Use weapons that break parts easily, like the GS or hammer. Traps and mounting are also very useful, though their effects don't last as long since Gore's enraged.

Autoreload aka best skill ever

In expeditions, can you get relics and the good stuff from any gathering spot? Can I avoid gathering the nectar/shroom ones?
Or do I have to gather all?

The nectars in g rank expeditions are the best nectars in the game, if you use or will ever use IG you should grab those. The actual relics you get from expeditions pale in comparison to the ones you get from guild quests, so don't bother with those. They do only come from mining though. On the other hand mining (no other form of gathering) on high-leveled guild quests can produce beshackled relics, the highest tier.

MHO worth playing?

It's good but I honestly wouldn't bother unless you get good ping (at most sub-200). For me it's unplayably laggy half the time.

its not the matter of not getting hit or knocked off, the dank mode Gore keep jumping left and right and hardly stops his head from moving.

The longest pause to catch a grasp of his head is when hes about to jump backwards so i end up failing my GS forward lunge.

Do you know if there's a decent amount of English-speaking people? I don't want to hunt alone if I play it.

I think it depends on server. On the one I play on I've run into a lot of people with Latinate names, but not many talked and they were still vastly outnumbered by Chinese, and a few Chinese who spoke English.

Breaking a part like that is pretty hard without friends, so if you have any, I'd recommend hunting Gore a few times.

Otherwise it's mostly about creating openings and patience.

so if you have any, hunt gore a few times with them*

I'm tired ok

Make a room and I'll help you break that shit.

Dead thread.

Why is Jho crying?

no more peco

cos beans wont love him

Been fighting a lot of this little dude recently.

What are all your 2s and solo times on little kut ku? What's the best time on your guild card? who does it belong to?

I wish the arena kut kus I fought had colds.

why is it so fucking impossible to get the kut-ku quest

How in the hell do armor sets work in this game? How do people know which armor to craft? SPOONFEED ME!

talking about mh4u btw.

>>>/pastebin/
>>>/reddit/

tinyurl.com
/readtheop

>What ARMOR SKILLS should I..?!

or

>le ragecomic faec
>asking to be spoonfed

tfw no monster gf

That's a boy!

bugs
not drugs

Any Dah'ren Mohran equipment worth making? They look pretty good.

minyoung.ch/calculatingpalico/
Use that to calculate damage, find out yourself.

>every doujin of guildmarm has her fucking humans instead of monsters

>Hazy Caster is shit in mhx
Makes me sad, since it looks rad.

Why? It's my IG of choice in 4U.

Odds decide if i reroll a female char for female armor

What is the difference between normal gog and event gog? Does he just do more damage?

He starts in phase 2 and has more hp.

Pic related. Iodrome IG is stronger, has much more white at S+2(Has 1 point at S+1), at the expense of a slot and 10 poison. At 190 raw, Hazy Caster better have natty white, or nobody's gonna use it.

shitter

Excuse me?

>using MG
You heard him, shitter.

Excuse me?

SHITTER!

Excuse me?

shitter

Excuse me?

Excuse me?

youtube.com/watch?v=F0D5KaDxoO8
>Vines slow the hunt down
That's new

See you in another hour.

Since thred is ded... Which looks better on the 3ds? 3U or 4U? Because I went back and started playing 3U again and i think it looks better. Not to mention its not ledge hell.

I like ledges just fine, but yeah I kind of like 3rd gen's more muted colors and all.

3U, try it on N3DS, it's a bliss