3 Days Remain Edition

>Open Beta
May 5-9, If Pre-Ordered May 3-9

>Official Stuff
us.battle.net/overwatch/en/community/

>Official Comics
comic.playoverwatch.com/en-us

>The Oversheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QgTenq3s-YesFgb-CPI6yIPpp4K9xot7LhTBo3Tm0Pk/edit#gid=1751764739/

old:

I think the game is pretty balanced and every character can be useful in some way, altough it depends on the map and objective.

>play junkrat
>spam grenades
>pull tire cord
>win every game

im so good

Maps are shit

>Payload map
>we're pushing them off
>all of a sudden flank reaper
>q
fuck this stupid ass game man.

reminder to immediately leave when a teammate picks Zarya

>bastion or genji in play of the game 99% of the time
I really wish they weighted things differently rather than just who got the most kills.

playing this game reminded how much i fucking hate snipers

did i do gud

This is pretty true. Most people are just still on day 2 of having no idea what is going on. Give them like 2-3 months with the game and everyone will realize how wrong they are about the shit they said today is.

It's not inevitable it's just not something that needs to be in the game outside of a team ranked mode.

Of course nobody in 2016 would think to just have servers you can join on your own in a AAA game except Battlefield.

>on Defense
>pick Tracer
>get early kills on their Zenyetta and Genji, teammates kill a Bastion
>spawn camp the 3 of them while my teammates defend the point
>team can't win 5v3

Why am I stuck with these shitters? I should have just waited for the fucking full game to come out.

MUH VIABILITY RANKINGS:

OFFENSE:
GENJI
MCCREE
PHARAH
SOLDIER 76
REAPER
TRACER

DEFENCE:
MEI
JUNKRAT
WIDOWMAKER
BASTION
TORBJORN
HANZO

TANK:
REINHARDT
ROADHOG
ZARYA
D. VA
WINSTON

SUPPORT:
LUCIO
SYMMETRA
ZENYATTA
MERCY

>not attempting to reach the junkrat skill ceiling

I love and hate how 1 guy pressing Q can change the game

>Pressed q
I bet you got play of the game too you fucking faggot.

D.VA needs a complete rework

She's absolutely terrible and everyone flocks to her because muh waifus

She does no damage with her mech
Her ult is an easily avoidable nuke that gives everyone 4 seconds to run away and tells everyone it's there
Her pilot form does more damage
She's supposed to be a tank, but she dies instantly if anybody so much as looks at her

STOP PICKING D.VA EVERYGAME JUST BECAUSE SHE'S A CUTE STARCRAFT PLAYER

>"one shot, one kill"
>actually just spams 200 bodyshots in a matter of seconds on everybody

>it's a bastion or hanzo gets the play of the game episode

Best skin coming through!

I don't know how almost every team I'm on has 2 snipers and they can't handle the single sniper on the enemy team.

>It's a "You're the only one who knows how to counter Bastion but you're with 5 lemmings and don't even secure the payload" episode

>It's a "Everyone else refuses to play tanks or supports and don't even 1% on a Control map either round" episode

Is it normal for around half of the games you play to completely one-sided shitstomps?

actually no
it was a Junkrat Q

>avoidable
you havent flown it upwards activating the nuke yet to have it fall down and do a 3-5 man kill on a nice siege

judging by how hard blizzard nerfed D.VA i can only assume every class with be an unplable shitfest a couple balance patches into the game

no thanks

Currently getting my shit shoved in by a Reinhardt mainer and his premade over and over again.

Gradually getting sick of it.

>Always pick Roadhog when I want to pick D.Va.
>Just load-up the good SFM shit when I get Hana Song urges.

Let me emphasize. D.Va's fun but useless. The other tanks are BORING BUT EFFECTIVE.

Fucking hell Tank is a shit role

Teams do not exist in this game

IT'S HIGH NOON

Yeah that shit is stupid. Body shots from semi-automatics doing a huge amount of damage is the worst thing to happen to FPS. But it's been the standard for about 10 years now

Just seeing this list makes me realize that all arguments against it would have to be map specific.
I think Mercy is pretty close to Lucio, Lucio is better though.

I FUCKING LOVE D.Va, OKAY?

>It's an "x" episode
where did this come from

>just now realized my fucking name has been shared with everyone because some fucking thing called RealID not only exists but is enabled by default and I never fucked with my settings
>have a super embarrassing name

i hate genji so much

that is all

just leave the game you dork

E*

welp, just played it. aaaand it's the shit! fun as fuck.

What the hell do levels even do in this game?

>Play Overwatch
>Team that stomps you WILL REMAIN YOUR OPPONENT UNLESS YOU STEP THE FUCK OUT
>Punished for leaving matches

Nice game Blizzard.

Why are Roadhog and Zenyatta the most fun characters?

/co/

>DVa needs to be reworked.
>Symmetra needs to be removed.
>Bastion should be removed from the game or totally remade.
>Torbjorn needs to be gotten rid of.
>Junkrat's abilities need a complete overhaul, is cancer.
>Zarya is beyond useless, needs to be either removed or reworked.

Which other ones need to be added to the list, according to /owg/?

Show time played and help with matchmaking. Also loot crates

> Notice Overwatch beta is out
> Don't have high hopes because my hype glands are crusty and inert from previous flops
> Install, boot it up.
> Mirn all the quirky characters and their taunts/poses.
> timetogitgud.png
> First match as Rineheart
> Shield Wall + Charge pretty much does it for the other team

Starting off like that was great. Played about 6 matches so far with several of the characters.

Very enjoyable, I'm actually going to buy it. I'm actually excited for a new game now.

I regret shitting on people with Soldier 76 and Pharah.

Now my "MMR" seems to be high due to constant gold medals in everything, and playing shittier classes makes me lose a lot.

>posts a chink stripper

>potg is Hanzo using his ult then dying

I just tried out the beta and the game seems to be unplayable for me. Everyone is zipping around like crazy and my controls are fucked. Is my connection too shitty or what?

they are
but overall regardless of map those are probably the best in their roles

mei is absolutely fucking ridiculous being able to close off choke points super often, even without considering the rest of her kit
reinbart with solid team cooperation is utterly fucked up
the offensive ones are mostly the same
and lucio is far ahead of others because he's actually useful

Hey Dildo McNodick.

Nothing, it's just some hamster wheel shit for shitters who like to see numbers go up. It just gives you a box every time you level up.

"This user has spent way more time than "

being the person who has a lower level. Also, for now, every level = loot crate!

I don't know how this game is supposed to be esports when you're constantly getting fucked over by the difference between what's going on on your screen, and what's going on on your opponents screen. It's upsetting in a pub game setting and I can only assume that it would be a huge problem when something like that causes you to lose a competitive match.

>what is K-Pop

At that point just go junkrat and try to get a Q POTG while you make sone coffee or something

at least share on how to get a "custom name" instead of you realID pretty please :^)

It's shit.

She can do the same shit as Winston though. Get in and destroy a sniper or a healer.
She is a bit worse at it than Winston but she has a much more impactful ulti.
If you want to get kills with it you have to do some work flinging it to weird angles but you can clear a point with it pretty well.

??

>You can place turrets on the payload
>It's completely useless

Even the Blizzard sphincter licking Overwatch forums think this bitch is overpowered, and they defend everything and say it's okay.

Expect Widow to be nerfed into the ground by launch.

>the only people still playing MOHAA were playing on 1shot kill bolt action servers
reeeeeeee

it feels like bastion do way too much dmg

It's definitely shit.

r8

more like whore-pop get some taste in something that isn't made out of 90%saline/plastic you preteen boytoy

In what way? You can nope the fuck out whenever you want to and be in another game within 30 seconds

>enemy team has 2 Widows
>constantly getting hit by 150 damage body shots that almost kill you
The damage in this game needs to be severely looked at. Either literally every hero needs a damage nerf, except shitters like D'Va who already are shit at damage, or everyone needs more HP then you buff shitters like D'Va

day 1 shitter?

Junkrat just needs a damage nerf, with all of the chokepoints in the game he can just stand in one place and chuck his bombs over a wall without ever getting a direct hit and still kill people because of how high the aoe damage is, right now there's no risk for playing him considering how high his damage is.

Roadhog is fun as fuck. Shame he has such a massive fucking hitbox and melts despite 600HP

Yeah I still don't know whats going on even with 6v6. Even worse when everyone is so fragile and you die within 5 secs after respawning. So you're forced to play defensively to not die, but then you end you losing because you didn't risk your entire life.

no I like my wallhacks

Attack:
Pharrah
Lucio
Zarya

Defend:
Mercy
Mei
Bastion

am I doing it right?

I've played this game for 4 hours so far and I disagree

>potg is a junkrat using his ult to kill me and one other guy
>i had gotten a triple kill right at the start one with a melee
>less impressive than an exploding wheel getting two guys

Important announcement!

For this and ALL future /owg/ threads, I claim MEI as my waifu. She's now mine and you can't have her.

>her smile
>her glasses
>her laughter
>her emotes

She is the complete package.

A few rules: yes, you are allowed to say that you enjoy playing her, but under no circumstance can you refer to her as "my waifu".

>Junkrat is cancer

DEMOMAN TAKES SKILL!
THE LEGACY LIVES ON

teh mei can be on either team and be effective

>kill 3 of the enemy team with a junkrat mine
>the other two are launched into the air
>doublekill airshot
>potg is torb getting two kills
>while staring at wall

Yeah I never really got that. Instagib is cool in like ut2k4 where you have jumps and dodges

Though mohaa has landsharking

>mei in second place
kill yourself as soon as possible
>ps4

yes

Everyone does too much damage

A problem for Bastion is his cone is so tight, and he can headshot. So you just randomly headshot people for double damage every millisecond

lol you can't keep that fat autist piece of shit.

If they're going to nerf her at least change her ult to allow her to sit on a teammates face for an HP boost

too bad she is my wiafu

If you leave to many games without completing one you'll eventually get decreased xp. But unless you're raging and leaving every game, in which case you deserve it, I don't see how it's a problem.

she is a top-tier waifu though

i wanna bang a cute overwatch character...

>Mei is the perfect combination of fun, annoying and impactful
>One of the most out of place and unique kits in the game
>Hot thicc slut with cute accent

I didn't think I'd ever see video game perfection yet here we are

Bastion is so fun to play.

So is Genji just a brain cage like Raiden in MGR? How many original body parts does he have left?

Why would you leave matches that last few minutes. Matches are so short compared to TF2 actually, unless KOTH stalemates and goes to third map.

>Go to Blizzard Forums
>TIME FOR THE DRINKING GAME

>All these onlywatch faggots late on the "Bastion is OP" train.

My god I'm going to die of alcohol poisoning

>Widowmaker is OP
>McCree should be nerfed, replace his flashbang! Make his fan deal 10% of its current damage!
>BASTION IS OP
>BASTION FUCK BASTION
>I'M QUITTING UNTIL BASTION'S CASTRATION IS HAPPENING

My fucking sides

>tfw you realize that the demoman is the character with the highest skillcap in the game

also, is Symmetra used in offense or defense or both?

>Cute accent
lmao, she's fucking annoying.