/hbg/ - Homebrew and hacking general

Last thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (10.7 downgrade - Entrypoints: Browserhax/Menuhax up to 10.5, otherwise OoT/PSMD/Ninjhax)
Wii U: 5.5.1 (5.4 or lower if possible)
Vita: 3.51 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade+a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/JUVEakdG
Other consoles: pastebin.com/pHS5LaR5

-RECENT NEWS-
>Wii U
-Kernel exploit for 5.5.1 leaked, allowing to run Loadiine and more.
-Smealum released iosuhax, a set of tools for when 5.5.1 IOSU exploits are released. github.com/smealum/iosuhax

>3DS
-FBI now includes new features github.com/Steveice10/FBI/releases
-SALT released a save exploit for Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon. smd.salthax.org/

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/10140058/
github.com/d0k3/Decrypt9WIP/releases
3ds.nfshost.com/
gametdb.com/
loadiine.ovh
pastebin.com/vmnUGnEG
drive.google.com/open?id=0B2se9LM8nh9kclRFUThFZnFDLTg
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5Og25SeOkqMMk9OQUsxWGZVVlU
drive.google.com/open?id=0B2QiTQPX1pe7cC1IQlpfdDVqVWc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I changed the WiiU pastebin by the way.

strawpoll.me/10140058/
Reposting from last thread

I'm trying to run agbsave9 so I can extract my Pokemon Fire Red save to put it on my PC. However, every time I launch agbsave9 from the Homebrew menu, it just flashes red black red and I'm back at the homebrew menu. Am I missing something?

>Goto System Settings. Then change the datetime to January 1, 2000, 00:00.
>Use the browser 'Initialize savedata' option, before any page gets loaded triggering the browser-version message.
>Continue to use browserhax as normal.
>Note that you must not press the HOME button to return from the browser normally, otherwise you will have to reinitialize the savedata again. Once the datetime reaches January 2, you will have to repeat these steps if you want to continue using this bypass.

So this is all I need to do to access the homebrew launcher via browser? And it can take a couple of tries to actually get it to work?

>tfw buying a wii u because its hackable now
Should I do it, or should I just wait for the NX?

do it

Native cheat engine on 3DS outside of flashcarts when?

>what is NTR

A couple questions

1.Should I buy a Wii u NOW or will I have the leisure to wait this hack out and see if Nintendo patches? I'm assuming it works the same as the 3ds hacks (as in there's a deadline to commit or not) or can you hold off and still be able to mod the Wii u?

2. How long before the new update for 3ds releases? Is it safe to buy another n3ds and be able to mod it with the ability to try again?

NX is coming out probably next year and Loadiine isn't great. Maybe if Wii U hacks get better (online, firmware spoofing) and if you really want to play the games it has.

How to get Minecraft working? The gamepad makes it look comfy as fuck.

They're not actually using the gamepad for anything of worth, even though it'd be the perfect game for it. The only way to get it to work is to make a new user on your Wii U that isn't linked to an NNID.

He wants to be limited by what the 3DS can do and not use a PC like he should, so he's not satisfied with NTR.

Is there an upload of the Hyperdrive edition of this game? can't find a download of it anywhere.

Wayforward games don't work

is there a chance we'll be able to play online soon?

Does anyone have a cia ofPocket Card Jockey ? I haven't set up the direct-download to Nintendo yet myself

really? why?

iosu

Game's on Steam

There's no titlekey or .cia dumps for it yet, you're literally shit out of luck.

I bought Pocket Card Jockey and wanted to try dumping it but my retard brain couldn't figure it out as I've never dumped anything.

It's a real fun game though.

gotta go to store and buy those games that have online, m8.

fucking figure it out user
I need to fucking get my solitare on

>there will never be another Kirby game with combo abilities

If you feel like dumping it, the absolute easiest thing for you to do would be to grab the latest Decrypt9 from github.com/d0k3/Decrypt9WIP/releases , run it, go to Titlekey Options and Titlekey Decrypt EmuNAND (or SysNAND if you have a9lh). Just upload the dumped decTitleKeys to 3ds.nfshost.com/ and someone else can grab it from the CDN and make a .cia out of it.

run it as an a9lh payload, works every time.

Where do I look to find TitleIDs for Wii U games? I downloaded a few from Blackcats and I need to rename the folders.

I can't get Luma 3ds to show "Show current NAND in System Settings" even though it's enabled.

What did I fucking do wrong?

Kirby games have been better than ever. Abilities themselves have increased in their potential. So it's already better than 64 ever was

Sounds convenient. Is there a guide on how to make it run as an a9lh payload?

This probably isn't the right thread, but whatever.

How common are translation patches for the Wii? Is the hacking scene decent? I want to translate Captain Rainbow.

here
Actually, does it work in minipasta at all? I might just be having some really shit luck or something.

gametdb.com/ is the easiest way.

You can also check the game's meta\meta.xml, the last 4 characters of the product code (WUP-P-AAAA) and the last two characters of the company code (00BB) combined are the product code (AAAABB).

Pay someone to do it or it won't happen
>I want to do it myself
Oh.

> I want to translate Captain Rainbow.

I should've Google this first, I didn't know that someone actually started last year. That's good news.

But I liked the way you had to mix and match abilities in order to find secrets and stuff.

Nevermind, I figured it out by just looking in the boot_config.ini

did you really? sounds like misplaced nostalgia

hopefully playing online for loadline will be available soon.
whats the brick rate for hacking the wii u for doing everything right and not being a retard?

p-pls no bully
okay I'm done

>wii u
>brick
You're not installing anything with the current hacks unless you're using stuff like wupinstaller, which is kinda useless on 5.5.

The current exploit can't access a goddamn thing, it's basically browserhax at this point.

i'm trying to do the wii u thing but the browser just says "could not display page"
i put the files in the right place and i opened port 80 with the firewall and i did the haxserver thing from an admin cmd
please help

loadiine.ovh

Fuck hosting your own hax, sometimes people are on shitty networks and can't self host.

>tfw filling up my SD card with Taiko games and Captain Toad

This shit is legit.

you are a lifesaver, thank you

>REMINDER THAT THERE ARE STILL PEOPLE BROWSING THIS VERY THREAD THAT DO NOT KNOW HOW TO BROWSE AD-FREE!!!
REMINDER THAT THERE ARE STILL PEOPLE BROWSING THIS VERY THREAD THAT DO NOT KNOW HOW TO BROWSE AD-FREE!!!
>REMINDER THAT THERE ARE STILL PEOPLE BROWSING THIS VERY THREAD THAT DO NOT KNOW HOW TO BROWSE AD-FREE!!!

whats wrong with some of you??
adfree guide: pastebin.com/vmnUGnEG

Downgraded my 3ds to 9.2 a week ago so I could run a gateway flashcart. The downgrade and red flashcart worked, but now every time I try to get into homebrew channel or play the blue gateway card I get booted to the home menu with the same error. Anyone know what's up?

the fuck

>brickway

IF you're going to buy a wii u, buying it now is a good bet. You're guaranteed to have at least shitty homebrew/piracy (I mean it def works but it's a bit slow), and there's a good chance it will get better. Also we don't know about IOSU, it might be that nintendo fixes shit with 5.8 or whatever and you'll be kicking yourself.

I bought in a few days ago because I wanted 1. A brand new, pristine condition Wii U gamepad with no scratches and 2. Guaranteed hacking.

Now that I'm wise to the ways of piracy, I'll probably buy 2 NXs at launch and stick one in a drawer

I thought WiiU got backups loading to this point? Was I wrong?

Gateway is outdated and you basically threw your money away. Now read the OP like you should have to begin with.

that nigger is retarded

I bought my wii two days ago and already have 8 free games on it. It's not yet 3ds-tier because the loading times can be kinda bad (use an 80mib/s card or get fucced)

Woah you stupid motherfucker, you downgraded to 9.2 and then proceeded to use a gateway? You are officially the dumbest motherfucker on the 3DS side of the general.

>pic related

I said it can't access a goddamn thing, NAND, disc drive, etc. It obviously can play pirated games as that's what everyone else is doing, but doing the other cool shit is still not possible.

>pic not related, you seem like a cool user.

Google Drive Vol 1.
drive.google.com/open?id=0B2se9LM8nh9kclRFUThFZnFDLTg

Includes:
AFXE01 - Star Fox Zero
APKP01 - Pokkén Tournament
ARDE01 - Super Mario 3D World
BCZE01 - The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD
AZAE01 - The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD

Vol. 2
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5Og25SeOkqMMk9OQUsxWGZVVlU

Includes:
AC3P01 - Pikmin 3
AKBP01 - Captian Toad Treasure Tracker
ARPE01 - New Super Mario Bros. U
ARSE01 - New Super Luigi U
WKNPAY - Shovel Knight
AVXE01 - Mario Tennis Ultra Smash
ARME41 - Rayman Legends

Note for Capn' Toad: This a EU copy but works perfectly with US consoles. For people in the EU before you load up Captain Toad you will have to:
rename all the folder starting with US to EU in /data/content/LocalizedData

Vol. 3
drive.google.com/open?id=0B2QiTQPX1pe7cC1IQlpfdDVqVWc

Includes:
ABAE01- Mario Party 10
AXYE01 - Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
AMAP01 - Super Mario Maker (Updates applied)
AGMP01 - Splatoon
AYCE01 - Yoshi's Woolly World

Woolly World still not available for download yet. Also Woolly World will be the last game updated today and will be the last uploaded game on to the 3rd drive account.

Tomorrow will link 4th Drive account. Possible uploads for the 4th one will be Star Fox Guard, Mario Kart 8 (With updates possibly and no DLC unless there is a way.), Dr. Luigi, Game and Wario, Duck Tales Remastered, and if I manage my space right Hyrule Warriors

yes backups. no to online, dlc or any of the other fun stuff. proper IOSU hack needs to be released for the fun to commence.

Can you play cartridge DS games on a hacked 3DS?

I've got a bunch of free games and I didn't even have to leave Veeky Forums

>only game of my interest on the Wii U I don't own is Xenoblade X
I imagine pirating this monster on an SD card is not a very smart idea. That combined with me losing Mario Maker due to no online means I'm passing on the Wii U CFW.

Wii U just has so few great games in the first place, it was very easy to just buy them all. I hope the NX gets hacked eventually.

So no useful information, just a bunch of clowns tying to be funny. Got it. Thanks!

Honto majidaisuki user-sama!

Do you have Bayonetta? I can't find a reliable file of it. Of course it's a huge file so save it for the end of your dump, if you are dumping it.

NOICE

maybe start doing a few top-tier Wii games too, if you run low on high-quality Wii U stuff?

Wii stuff is still a little hard to track down (typical ad-garbage, "you must register" forum sites etc), but GC is easy

>Missing all OS specific addresses

what do?

No, we're not trying to be funny, we're just wondering why you very clearly wasted money on an outdated product when you were on the path to doing everything the better, and free, way.

get a different version of loadiine

>Gookspeech impediments and a metric fuckton of hurdles to do anything, let alone get any of said objects functional through the magical journey of finding .plg

No Bayonetta yet going to try and find a reliable file for it soon before it gets impossible to find.

The long haul is going to be a pain to do gonna have to wait around 4 hours each to upload all games that are 10+ GBs in size. Also when I get to that point games are going to need almost a whole Drive account for itself .

Yes

Thanks for confirming it was bait.

Return that shit if you still can, man. We haven't needed the red card in ages.

that worked, thanks.
i had a ds game in there though but it didn't show up, do i have to put it somewhere else?

no problem, you got jokes too

Burn it while you still can.

What the fuck.

>40 min wait to co[y to SD card
damn this class 4 SD card. What SD card are you using for your Wii U /hbg/?

>eww
speaks for itself

Cheap Amazon Class 10, but no more than Class 10. It's aight.

Thanks for the bait, brotato. Nobody with a quarter of a brain would actually buy a gateway.

I've had this happen before. All of those files are fucked, and you'll need to reformat the SD card.

Class 1 bois

why don't injected ds games show up on loadiine?

You need to make fake title IDs for them.

how do i do that?

Just anything random. Like, Iunno, [DSWU01].

in the wiiu pastebin it says I should format my sdcard to FAT32, I've read that isn't suggested for sd cards larger than 32gb especially since you aren't able to upload files larger than 4gb at a time.. The sd card I've bought for this occaision is 128gb.. should I ignore all of this and do fat32 anyway (if even possible, i tried with the only formatter uBlock would let me download and it failed)?

oh duh
thanks

fat32 is the only format readable by the system.
you're not using .WUD files for games, so the 4gig limit means nothing.

FAT32 is the only thing that works for the Wii U. I forgot to add that you should also pick the biggest cluster size possible, if your formatting tool lets you pick (64K is best). It wastes space but can make a huge difference in loading times for some games.

there are dedicated formatting tools that can get a larger SD/USB to use FAT32.

>Gateway

QUESTION
for you people downloading / have downloaded games like Mario Kart 8, Mario Ultra Smash Tennis, Minecraft, Pokken, Splatoon, Smash Bros U, and Mario Maker.

What's your reasoning for doing so? knowing full well you'll have no online to look forward too, why do it?

Fake SD card. There's not actually that much storage as advertised. Your filesystem got hosed by newer files literally overwriting older stuff because your SD card manufacturer ripped you off.

See: h2testw, F3 (Fight Flash Fraud)

either the single player or local or to just have it already when iosu exploit comes out

I only dl'd tennis off that list and I wasn't aware it had online.

some of us have real friends, user

I feel like a9lh is actually the biggest of all memes
everytime someone brings it up they preach it like god himsel made it
makes me want to stay away from it