Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/10140706
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

1st for karin is op

Choose your envoy of hope!

When does gootecks play

Don't forget Persona is fighting games

link to stream

the arcade version, yes. hopefully along with a new char or two on release as well.

overwatch is shit

Vote please. This is important.
strawpoll.me/10140706

Who sould a sf4 honda player play in SFV. Nobody really feels right to me in this game.

is this sf5 again?

Yes. June we will have two tournaments and one of them is Revelator.

>revelator
sounds good

this is like asking what should a person who loves pancakes study in college, it doesn't matter what you played before esp since you were garbage in sf4 anyway

>esp since you were garbage in sf4 anyway
that is a baseless assumption. i wasnt the best but I was better than the average player

but thanks for your useless analogy and input.

organic chemistry to understand how pancake batter works

What did you like the most about playing Honda?

Pianoing to be honest, I also just like really meaty sounding attacks. His neutral game was pretty fun too.

getting free wins because input delay online meant you couldn't block my random headbutts on reaction

What is your problem? I asked a simple question, we can play some games in sf4 if you think I'm so ass.

>Decide that even though I hate SFV I'll play more since I'm not allowed to hate the game until I reach Gold
>Very first player I get is a 4000LP RMika who lags

I hate this game

I keep seeing this meme, people really had trouble with that shit? Same thing in ST, it's as slow as a normal jump-in or slower, get good

I think you're allowed to hate the game regardless of your rank given that it's a shitty game.

I would suggest Guile if only because of his neutral game since no one can piano in V at the moment.

Any tips to play charge characters?
I'm a filthy 2016er with a rap4 stick.
I'm maining necally but im struggling too much with disc guidance, and i kinda want to give guile a go.

>no one can piano in V at the moment
yeah its a bummer I really enjoyed doing it. I was thinking Guile too hes pretty fun, thanks for actually answering instead of just shitting on me.

>at the moment.
You shouldn't mislead people. It's not coming back.

thanks to ggpo ST doesn't have 35 frames of input lag online

stop posting & start playing

yeah even if they do put honda in I highly doubt he'll have pianoing. It's a bummer It was the most satisfying thing for me in SF4 but it isn't conducive to attracting new players I suppose.

I take 10 minute breaks every hour. Save me.

Yeah. Also, while it's possible to learn on pad it's the one thing I'd say is really biased toward stick. I enjoyed learning it in 4 but it's not really a fair thing if you look at it hard.

Whens Melty Blood vs Saber?

they said 360s wont be in the game either

Sshhhhhh....

Marie Rose is sleeping....

Yeah that is a fair criticism. It is doable on pad but I couldn't do it consistently on pad so I can see that.

They aren't. There's only 540s and 270s :^)

Ries color 23

It's cool man. Hope you enjoy yourself.

You never know.

Learn to charge buffer during your normals and specials.

On the flip side standing 720s are noticeably easier on pad

No you're not. Not anywhere where SFV players are.

You have to at least beaten Daigo once before you can start posting about how a game is shit.

My stick standing 720ed your mom

No, I can say its a shit game because it is shit. Only reason its successful is capcoms name and sonybux.

I don't think I even grabbed him once but why does every nash do this anyway

Someone show me the tierlist for this game please?

Remember you can charge at any point. Announcer's countdown to fight, jumping, middle of moves etc. Hit the training and learn how to hit sonic boom after sonic boom in succession so you fire one, immediately start charging downback and fire again after the first one hit. You should be charging the very moment again you pressed forward+p to complete the motion.

Once you can maintain charge naturally just learn his buttons, anti-airs and basic combos and punishes like any other character, only with self-charge combos added to the mix from the rest. Charge characters tend to have somewhat better normals than non-charge characters to compensate. Don't be afraid to let go of charge every now and then.

Self-charge combo refers to a combo that has enough time to charge to end it with a charge move. For example Guile's st hp cr mp xx sonic boom works that once you input st hp you hold back (or downback), then press cr mp while still holding the charge and as the mp hits then you cancel it it to sonic boom.

And above all, practice. It took me ages to learn how to play charge character in ST and SF4, but once you reach the "oh wait I know how this works" milestone they are pretty fun and awesome to play.

What is your worst matchup /fgg/

cammy as dhalsim i guess

The same reason every Dhalsim mashes jab and teleports nonstop. They're dummies who get away with it against other dummies all the time.

Cammy, she preys hard on Vega's sensitive anti-air game. I'm happy if I just get trades. But my own personal weakpoint is probably Necali.

zato vs i-no

So many gold-ish Nashes just beat mediocre players spamming backdash and boom and random MK scythe.

the chun li mirror
I am so fucking free in the mirror

Why is offense so fucking braindead in this game lmao?

Xrd: Potemkin vs Rammy. Yes, I know it's supposed to be disadvantageous to Ramlethal but fuck, I just melt like butter.
SF5: Vega vs Zangief. I'm convinced it's 4-6 or even perhaps slightly worse. All it takes is one minor mistake or bad read and you're in for pain.

Grapplers

Why didn't they just name her Tuner like they call her in arcade mode? since that's her title and what she does.

Chun and Guile when playing as Alex. Nash, Ryu and Necalli are a pain too.

Because she has a name.

Much like Chun players they just refuse to respect anything and therefor don't think they should have to deal with any situation. Every Nash's gameplan is to backdash full screen, throw booms, dash forward and MK scythe at range to stop your advance, then go back to throwing booms that they will follow in if they don't have the life lead.

They'll always try to backdash or v-trigger out of any situation and walking them into a corner is a pain when you know one blocked normal let's them out with v-reversal and throw whiffs against v-trigger which can at times mean they full combo you into super.

His entire gameplan is to just run you around the entire screen until you finally get pissed off and do something stupid like jump.

>21st is my birthday
Also pic related's

Can anyone tell me what exactly the fuck Yoshimitsu is

Gief chun sim

A samurai, you silly

I'm sorry man. I'll give you a shoutout on stream. Hopefully you can join the June tournaments.

Ninja Robin Hood. Duh.

Man Alex is a lot of fun but you eat meter like a whore. I wish I got to see his super more.

If I get SFV on my birthday I'll probably be there What time do the tournaments run?

tv/beastapac

thaiger uppercut tourney is live

What are you supposed to do as necalli ?
I find it nearly impossible to open an opponent.

8:10 pm EST.

Yeah, it really depends on who you're fighting. You need to blow through meter to make Nash respect you with stuff like EX stomp. EX Knee Smash is pretty necessary as well to deal with jump-ins that come as you're blocking a boom, you can usually jab them but it's not as reliable obviously and you get a nice set-up off Knee smash.

Nevermind then I'll be busy (West Coast)

I'll probably watch the VOD though

some say each new yoshimitsu per tekken is a new person/being altogether, which is why his look literally changes all the time. like the title of the ninja clan leader is "yoshimitsu".

Get a knockdown and then meaty set-up them into oblivion.

jab
throw
stomp
low forward
literally one of the best characters at opening people up. That problem is not the character you just have no idea how to play street fighter

Why do people actually like SFV? it's such a piece of shit, it's honestly one of the most disappointing game releases since Brink for me.

Can't wait till this garbage game dies capcom needs to sink so people will move on to other more deserving fighting games.

I indeed have no idea hjow to play street fighter.

Which update will give sf5 a fishing minigame?

Who are some fighting game characters who fight with knives? Preferably just one knife but more than one is fine.

HIROOOOOOOOOOOO

Did I miss gootecks

yeah he lost lol

OFFICIAL SFV TIER LIST (order within tiers means nothing):

Unga Bunga tier:
Nash, Guile, Chun Li

Training Wheels tier:
Ryu, Karin, Dhalsim, Necalli

Okay tier:
Ken, Mika, Bison, Vega, Cammy

The Struggle Is Real tier:
Laura, Alex, Rashid

GUTTER TRASH tier:
Zangeif, FANG

Nerf Unga Bunga tier
Buff Struggle and Gutter tier
Leave Training Wheels and Okay tier as is

Is guile unbanned from tournament play?

I fucks with trump

He really with the shyts

Did he really fly to fucking france and thailand to lose

It's cool man. Enjoy your birthday.

thanks ab

Thanks, I'll ask in thread late that day or the next if there were any matches in thr tournament to add to my playlist

And as always feel free to post more ass

HOW DO I BEAT GUILE AS GIEF???

pick a good character

>as gief
You don't, you just cry, then pick Ryu

Build V-Meter and pray

Beat the Guile player in real life.

You wait a year and hope capcom listens

No problem man. I'll be posting the tournament on youtube after it's over.

Pray to God you stay in.

the singles tourney starts tomorrow

this is just 3v3

Who is the Cassius Clay of fighting games?

What if Gief's s.hp kept armor through the active frames?