/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steamgroup. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steamgroup, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, May 6th:
1527 – Spanish and German troops sack Rome; some consider this the end of the Renaissance. 147 Swiss Guards, including their commander, die fighting the forces of Charles V in order to allow Pope Clement VII to escape into Castel Sant'Angelo.
1659 – English Restoration: A faction of the British Army removes Richard Cromwell as Lord Protector of the Commonwealth and reinstalls the Rump Parliament.
1937 – Hindenburg disaster: The German zeppelin Hindenburg catches fire and is destroyed within a minute while attempting to dock at Lakehurst, New Jersey. Thirty-six people are killed.

>News
HoI4 DD54 - AI
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/hearts-of-iron-iv-development-diary-54-ai.924168/

EU4 DD April 28
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-28th-of-april-2016.923918/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive
mega.co.nz/#F!WZZFXDyT!yyb25ZuLdLs0B8vhoKS3LA

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>EU4 - BDSM
pastebin.com/vYbnKvK2

>>[CK2 - 2.4.5] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - 7 Years v0.1
pastebin.com/tsPsr70u

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.3.3 - 21/03/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V7
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2] Many Houses Divided - v 0.0.1.1
dropbox.com/s/jso7qa1c4ystej7/MHD.rar

>>[CK2] The Winter King v1.3.2
mediafire.com/download/ihvha395z0q87oc/BTWK_1.3.2.zip

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/paradoxplaza/comments/4i5bv7/anyone_else_not_happy_with_the_way_paradox_just/
reddit.com/r/Stellaris/comments/4i5hdj/anyone_else_not_happy_with_the_way_paradox_just/
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLHQyGGzRHYIaVmY7fmpb2AvGsjw5Btwv7
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

S T E L L A R I S

THIS

fourth for pls give leak

Too many paradrones in these threads...

reddit.com/r/paradoxplaza/comments/4i5bv7/anyone_else_not_happy_with_the_way_paradox_just/

reddit.com/r/Stellaris/comments/4i5hdj/anyone_else_not_happy_with_the_way_paradox_just/

Literally why would you defend a company who does these shitty policies?

STAR RULER 2

Will the arachnid race be part of a DLC? I'd very much love to have them but I don't think the race itself is worth additional €10.
I'd rather just pirate it later and enable them through DLC enabler.

What is the best National Value in Vicky2?

>a bloo bloo bloo pls give leak

FromSoft fucked us with the DkS3 release schedule as well.
It seems to be the new way the game is played.

Liberty

Is this how the average /gsg/ regular looks like?

Reminder that the GSGMP™ group is going to be the place to be for awesome MP Stellaris action. First game starts tomorrow night.

Why?

But user, how can there to be too many paradox drones in /gsg/ when /gsg/ is actually PDS General?

Because freedom.

I like how I had inverted hype for DaS3, and ended up with putting less than 10 hours into it.

>{on youtubers} I'd never degrade myself to that level I have a real job

this lad is a professional shit stirrer

PLEASE BUY STELLARIS OHHHH YESYESYESYES ARE WE MAINSTREAM NOW?!?!?!

It's probably the dude that posted the links here as well

I mean, those 10 hours didn't even feel good, it came off as extremely cookie cutter. The really shitty optimization didn't help either.

>literally playing SJWs

Wew

>+200 relations with Brits
>Giving them £200+ war subsidies a day so that they can beat the North German Federation
>Give them military access
>Brits convince Portugal to ban all my ambassadors

really nigga?

Stellaris confirmed -not- grand strategy

tell him to leak it

What is even GOING ON HAHA

please give leak

In ck2, how often can i create antipopes? i recently deposed one and i want to make my own now but its been red saying "an antipope was recently deposed", and its been 30 years or so now

Stellaris torrent where

The South rises part 2?

The whole Country was green a minute ago, what the fuck did I do to piss them off this time?

In your asssssssssssssssssssssss.

Whos Stellaris LP are we watching lads?

is it possible to play with both ck2+ and hip ?

I am playing with CK2+ at the moment but I'd like some more historical accuracy

Arumba

autism

pewdiepie's

Started playing HOI3 recently, first time that came up i wtf'd. Then I proceeded to ignore it afterwards.

Reminder that even if you broswe reddit "ironically", you're still a redditor.

Just one

Yeah. Also don't forget to install HPM and Meiou & Taxes for the full experience

I wish I knew how you could fuck the game up this badly lmao

Reminder that the problem with some people that browse reddit isn't that they browse reddit but that they blindly suck paradox's cock and have generally shit taste.

DDRJake & Arumba are my favourite autists.

And how is HIP compared to ck2+ ? Beside less fuckery with history

Thats a good game m8.
Its not very deep but it has some nice mechanics

You play HPP also????

Let's be friends

>council member
>in a faction
>council not discontent
fuck you paradox. did you even test this fucking dlc with merchant republics?

Only played HIP so I cant say m8

t. redditor

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLHQyGGzRHYIaVmY7fmpb2AvGsjw5Btwv7

Decent voice, not a faggot and show and explain things.

Pretty new to the game, what am I doing wrong?

t. autist

Honorable mention for Scott Manley just because he's not playing materialists.

I don't think this is even possible but do you still own liberia? the csa might have somehow formed there

>1865
>Idealism

Is this bait?

Yes you are, Johan.
I think we lost, time to close down the thread and move to other activities

newfag

I don't play it, but I looked it up and it does look interesting. Is it the best mod to use for a noob or should i stick to the vanilla experience for now? Getting my shit pushed in as Germany atm, smashing Poland but france is getting the better of me.

oh, they can actually join factions if war declaration isnt set to council

www twitch tv /idiotechgaming/v/64870362

Idiotech plays Stellaris, starts at ~13min.

His channel doesn't have a SINGLE grand strategy review or critique. Paradox confirmed for handing out keys to literally anyone with at least 100 subscribers.

Modified the OP warning, please use this next time:

We don't have an official steamgroup or discord. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steamgroup or discord, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it

I thinks that this would be better

>We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it

No, like I said, I'm new I have no idea what I'm doing, I'm playing this as blind as I can.

No, I released Liberia, I did check though but they seem to be fine.

also here is what i've researched

sorry for my borderline autistic crop

4x is grand strategy, tard.

Pls leak stellaris

poor guy

no, grand strategy is 4x

Post proofs

Lad, Research Points, Education and National Focused are your most important techs in early game. Medicine and army techs are important as well, but ignore commerce and most navy techs until later on.

Reminder that DDRJake is streaming Stellaris

How groß is Riga so far?

That's not true because 4x has "eXplore" as a necessity of the genre whereas grand strategy does not. However, it's difficult to define grand strategy in a way that would not also describe 4x.

Cheers, I'll focus on getting those now, also I'm currently using 4 infantry, 3 artillery, 1 hussar & 1 engineer for my land units, what would you recommend for Navy?

arumba goes minerals and says fuck the energy credits, ddrjake goes full energy credits and doesnt care about minerals, which is the right choice?

4 inf 4 art 1 hus 1 eng, lad. Makes for nice and even 30k stacks.

As for navy just doomstack the best ship you can get.

That's because 4x if defined only by the four words is a pretty generic term. You could say AoE is 4x. In truth though, 4x are for games that are like MoM and MoO: turn based strategy.

They're obviously both retarded

Minerals. There's barely anything to spend excess energy on but you can always dump minerals into new infrastructure and fleets. You just need to keep your energy income positive.

Where is this lad from?

just got out of a long and shitty coalition war
muscovy is out of control

Always go with DDRJake.
Only reddit watches lerumba.

You could have saved him

>colectivism are bad hungry slavers
>individualists are good guys who support freedom of trade
>direct democracy is individualism only
nice try paraporkies

To be honest in this particular picture on the right he looks quite manly.

What?
He looks like Ted Cruz

Left is when he looked Greek as fuck.

Right is his manly later years.

I'm pretty sure it's not even him on the left.
This meme was never good.

He looks like fucking Walter White

>watch the paracuck pet streamer instead of an independent party

I want to do a mega campaign where Charlemagnes empire stayed intact.

Would it be too blobby to add England into this Empire? What about Iberia? Italy?

Is The Sims Medieval a grand strat?

Why aren't you watching Quill18 ?

Yes, feel free to post it. Now that Reddit has decreed that Stellaris is gs everything might as well be

It actually is him though

autism

It's a disappointment. I just wanted to be build people and make them do medieval things. I didn't want some retarded vaguely strategic rpg with randomly generated quests.

Come on, he looks like a manly man and not like a twink.
As if it's not a good thing.

Technically if you have fog of war then you have exploration in a game.