/acg/ - Armored Core General: Posting Went Down Edition

Okay, that one doesn't count, we only went down because posting was borked.

For all newcomers, Armored Core and all JP mecha discussion here. You are welcome to shill western stuff with JP influence.

BEFORE YOU PROCEED LISTEN TO OUR THEME SONG!!!
instaud.io/jzI

AC pastebin:
pastebin.com/Ek3kMtZW
Read that if you have any questions. If the pastebin doesn't answer whatever question you may have feel free to ask us in the thread.

/acg/'s partially approved recommendation list:
pastebin.com/WSq32Amg (updated february 28th)

Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/armoredcorevg

/acg/ PLAYS

SCRIMMS
>Ask.

SUNDAY NIGHT FOR ANSWER
>Ask.

SATURDAY AFTERNOON VERDICT DAY
>Ask.

Official Strategy guide PDFs for 2, 3, and Nexus :
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_2_Another_Age_Prima_Official_eGuide/1833
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_3_Prima_Official_eGuide/1635
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_Nexus_Prima_Official_eGuide/2226

AC related cover music: ripped from niconico by risto
mega.nz/#!j1l03AjA!beyftPD1gLIsymJC2gdmHpUecO4JHGbg6KdFQNS7htI
Last Raven build advice:
pastebin.com/RfbVYwwr

First for "We are a dying breed"

Bump brought to you by the Lahire Frame and Omer Science Technology.

For the first time, I'd tried out the Aaliyah Main Booster unit and wew lads. Third for based Rayleonard.

JUNK

>#1 COCK

kek

bump it familia

Don't forget to go talk to Larco.

/v/'s too busy talking about Battlefield's filled with niggers, how I make my AC go fast and which core and generator I should go with in the beginning of the game?

Oh, also.
Jeck, sign in to your PSN account somehow. You've got a message.
Lotus is the best generator forever.
Pack less weight to go fast.

/m/ assures me that a red paint scheme improves your speed

wouldn't be that Veeky Forums?

Is Lotus available in the beginning of the game? I just finished 7 missions

Both of them I suppose, for different reasons

>that ROBUST CE core and those THICK TE thighs
>such meavy

L A P D O G
A
P
D
O
G

I think it's available pretty early on. Can't remember for sure, though. If it's in the shop, it's in the shop. If not, well, choose one suited to your weapon setup. Personally, I favor a higher EN Capacity if I'm using a bunch of solid weapons and a higher EN Output if I'm using some energy weapons.

Thanks

Strayed/10

Bump.

Why do the nips represent strayed as a dog? is for the lapdog thing? or is because they seem him as dog for other reasons? Kazumi perhaps?

Collard/Lapdog/Stray, yeah

I wonder how he meet Serena

I think it's because as the silent protagonist of ACFA, you're sort of lead into fighting the wars of other factions for them. Kinda makes sense in that your character is figuratively and literally a dog of war.

General call out to people playing this SNFA, will there be any chance of kill games this week? It was a real change from the usual on Wednesday. If you guys think it's a shit idea then I'm cool to play survival. Just wanted to get a feel for what people's thoughts on kill games are.

In other news, any luck with getting on Penny? Was the ban a MAC address ban?

>tfw continuing to work on my PSN problem
>for some reason i can't make new accounts

I hope Sony doesn't do range bans.

What's the reccomended control scheme for the PSP titles on vita?
I've already assigned the D-pad to the second analog stick, but I still feel like I'm missing out.

Damn, that's some wild stuff. I can only hope it works. Did you try the number? Or was that 90% robot and 10% hold tone?

If they ask you pay a release fee, roll CHA and see if the payment can be split up into monthly payments of some negligible amount.

/acg isn't a dead general. There's always something moving on the surface. Also, I can officially say that I hate phone posting. It is the worst. Clumsy shit makes my ACFA skills look graceful.

Final bump / shit post (delete as appropriate) from me. Good night Ravens.

>90% robot and 10% hold tone

This should've been a joke that I'd laugh off later when I talked to an actual sony representative. Should've been.

but yeah, no luck yet. I'm still waiting on deliberation, and I have to hope that they didn't just ban my whole console. Maybe it's just an error, but it's quite a kerfuffle.

So that recruitment trailer with a bunch of AC featured in it also had Metal Wolf Chaos

When're we getting another one of those?

Bump.

Bump.

I still don't see why they can't release Metal Wolf Chaos here.

The only problem, from what I remember, is that the presidential logo wasn't allowed to be used. They can just remove that, can't they? Make up their own.

Kind of awkward having the president slaughter loyal but misled american soldiers by the ton.

From what I remember reading, FROM thinks we'll hate it and find it insulting and nobody has been able to successfully convince them otherwise.

Admittedly sales of other robot games they've made aren't breaking any records in the west. if Armored Core is pretty dead I can't imagine they'd be optimistic about another robot game.

A bundle on steam. That's all I ask. It's certainly better than those dumb retro hipster indie games that once again have ironic 8 bit graphics, and I guarantee that it would offset the cost of porting.

Bump.

Is there any good art of the Aretha or Prototype Nexts?

I finished my first armored core game and enjoyed it enough to move on to the next game, For Answer.

I was able to pick an option to not team up with any company, but I can't seem to find any parts. Is this a hard mode where I just get an aaliyah model, or do I unlock parts naturally?

You eventually unlock more parts from other companies as you go no matter what you start out with. I think the Rayleonard path is a bit of a temporary hard mode due to lack of starting gear but it should balance out eventually.

I think I started with GA so I can't really remember. It was a long time ago anyway.

Bump.

Bump.

bump

Raise and shine /acg/

WAKE UP AND SMELL THE ASHES

ahab you're a magnificent bastard, you know that?
>All right boyo, you've put this off long enough.
i couldn't agree more
which is why i ordered a copy of ring of red literally a couple of days ago and it'll be arriving next week some time
there was an RoR thread on /v/ on thursday, were you there? basically sucked it up right then and there and found it online
i was only putting it off because i don't like paying more than $30 for old vidya, but i got a fuckin decent deal on this puppy (complete with manual) so i jumped on it.
still ahab, thanks for being such a nice guy and keeping us in mind.
i have my computer situation all sorted out so i've been idling on steam but haven't been able to speak with larco. admittedly i'm around at weird times but i should be home all day tomorrow so hopefully i'll catch him then.
that's so fucked but also kind of understandable
the game came out in 2004, the medium of video games was really beginning to solidify itself as something people were beginning to take seriously at that point
like games were beginning to get mainstream attention (albeit for silly reasons which led to some absurd scenarios; who remembers jack thompson?)
still it's a bit self-aggrandizing of FROM to follow that logic. get off your high horse it's a fucking video game

AC6 WHEN

march 202X

Oh cripes what.
>Thursday
That's actually when I got it. Went and got lunch with a bunch of friends and then we hung around one of the strips downtown, among which there was a card/vidya/collectibles shop.
But no, I wasn't in that thread, which is funny because over the last two or three months I think I've shilled it three or four times. There was someone in an SRPG thread who seemed really interested in it when I told him about it.
Well, in any case, I finally have a copy of the manual for myself. It's pretty convenient, sure wish I had it for my first run.

Bump.

Bump.

Woke up, smelt the tear gas

Jeck / Ahab are you also /tg's? Know of any good modern tabletop mech wargames?

bought verdict day this week, but i haven't played it yet, how does it compare to the other games in the series

>AC 3
>Twinhead-W dies during a mission
>No longer appears on the arena or extra arena listings

oh gosh
does that mean I can mack on his sister now?
But seriously, do NPC ACs dying have any major effects? Or does it all get reversed once I put my foot up DOVE's ass?

Why am I getting FCS errors on that germ cannister mission?

I know there's a Robotech game, but I hear it has quite a number of issues, particularly with balance and late updates,
Battletech is pretty much the standard. It's what Mechwarrior is based off of. I don't know crap about it, though.
You could always play Tau in 40K.
That's as much as I know about.

More team oriented, quite a change in pace from the PS1/PS2 games but not quite as much as 4/4A

I personally don't care for V and VD due to the half-assed single player and focus on multiplayer. But if the latter is your kind of thing, then go for it.

The new ACs still look fucking retarded, though

is the mp still active ?

Somewhat. Read the pastebins for /acg/ groups.

You can still get matches on the PS3 version but I wouldnt exactly say its "active"

Thanks, I think I'll stick with Infinity for now and hopefully some company will do a good AC style customisation based game.

As someone who also started with V and then VD, I found that when you play AF4A the story is 1000% better. Also, the combat is on a far larger scale the V/VD.

If you're enjoying VD, then you're in for a treat when you play AC4A. It's quite simply amazing. Also, the rock, paper and scissors approach of TE, CE and KE parts/weapons and their usage on certain missions is gone. Instead it's about the type of AC you want to make and the weapons you want to take.

Kinda like customise your own giant mech killing machine with integrated tactical nuclear weapon.

pls respond

Not really, I think you just can't fight them in the arena until you clear the game.
Or maybe you can, crap if I remember.
No idea what to tell you about your FCS. It might be that the mission just naturally has ECM. Bring rockets.

I just got the PSP titles on vita and had two questions.
First, are the psone titles ever going to come? I know we got the first AC, but other countries also got PP and MoA as digital classics.
Secondly, how important is nexus storywise? Apparently that's a big part of the AC3 universe and also happens to be the only title they didn't do a rerelease for. So I don't want to miss out on anything if I go 3>SL>LR.

I just watched some of Metal Wolf Chaos being played and it's the most American game I have ever seen. FromSoft must have been mad not to have release that in the US.

Good luck man, hope things pan out in your favour.

I can answer this.

Everyone who dies in the main story comes back when you finish the game. Otherwise how could you play the extra arena?

The heck did you find this?

Bump.

I guess tumblr? I have no idea.

Bump.

99% / 103% done in ac2aa. did all missions, used a guide so i'm pretty sure i got all the secret parts. bought everything in the store. what am i likely missing?

AC3fag here again. I'm trying really hard to get that KARASAWA, but the goddamn bonus objective isn't showing up no matter how fast I destroy the gun emplacements. I literally have a AC built to hover from one to the next, ignoring all enemies and just destroying the guns, and not once has the bonus mission activated.

Played demo of a game, but want to get into it to see what I missed.
With PS3 series of games, which one has good singleplayer replayability? Or best campaign to start with?
With PSOne series, which one is the best to play, MoA?
Why do people seem to hate V?

AC:FA is generally considered to have the best single player game, although that still pales in comparison to the later PS2 titles (SL in particular) which had an AI you could train and set against other AI. Basically robo pokemon. SL is available for PSP and Vita. But to answer your question, For Answer has two arenas, branching story paths, and what I think is the best story in the series.
Play all of the PSone games, but PP in particular is loved for it's unique approach to a storyline.
As for why people dislike V and VD, many feel that following the success of the Souls series, From made it a point to prioritize multiplayer over everything else. The singleplayer in both titles suffer severely and it's painfully obvious in turn. I don't think VD even has an arena. They did try to rectify things with UNAC; an AI you build on your own, but this is pretty moot when you find out it's exclusive to online.
They didn't even have the decency to but an offline mode with bots. So unless you know somebody to play with, you're going to miss out on a shitload of content.

Also V had the damage triad as well as scan mode. Both have their merits but they also change the core game play of the title.
Another smaller issue may be the aesthetic of V/VD but that comes down to personal tastes

>may be the aesthetic

Forgot about that. They went from White Glint to fucking gnomes.

Hey, it's not their fault they skipped Leg Day.

the TE parts looked decent but with the damage triangle it was incredibly ineffective to build a AC out of them

looks like a transformer

>They did try to rectify things with UNAC; an AI you build on your own, but this is pretty moot when you find out it's exclusive to online.
What? You can load a UNAC partner for coop, including your own custom ones. My first UNAC was built specifically as a coop buddy.

Bumping this.
Jesus fuck I have beaten this mission 40 times, all under a minute and the bonus mission still isn't activating.

Bonus missions are depend on company loyalty. So chances are your reputation with Crest isn't that good if you really are completing the mission that fast.
You'll have to wait until you beat the Controller in order to have a proper go at the mission, I'm afraid.