/egg/ - Engineering Games General - Formerly /svgg/

Keenpatch Edition

Previous jej: The thread is dedicated to all games about building machines and systems out of blocks, in space or otherwise:
Corneroids, Space Engineers, Starmade, From the Depths, Factorio, Robocraft, Machinecraft, Garry's Mod, Homebrew, Besiege, Medieval Engineers, Infinifactory, Scrap Mechanic, GearBlocks, and anything else welcome. Also, all these games are ded. Only ded games may join, otherwise they must have their own thread.

WebM for retards:
>gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter.git

Space Engineers:
>spaceengineersgame.com
>SpEngies for retards: i.imgur.com/IZekrGe

StarMade:
>star-made.org
youtube.com/watch?v=7YyxsW_2xmo

From the Depths:
>fromthedepthsgame.com

Factorio:
>factorio.com/
>guide.factorio.com/index.html
>steamcommunity.com/groups/eggtorio

Robocraft:
>robocraftgame.com

Machinecraft:
>hrpbk2 wix com/machinecraft
>upload/download designs at filescase.com
>TT Mech template: www.mediafire.com/download/0aalnmvvyvm75sq/TT-Mech-Template.rar
>Helpful starter guide: youtube.com/watch?v=iLVnW5exF3Q

Garry's mod:
>garrysmod.com

Homebrew - Vehicle Sandbox
>store.steampowered.com/app/325420/
>homebrewgame.com/

Besiege:
>store.steampowered.com/app/346010/
>youtube.com/watch?v=n-aG7E9gTNI

Medieval Engineers:
>medievalengineers.com

Infinifactory:
>zachtronics.com/infinifactory

Scrap Mechanic:
>store.steampowered.com/app/387990/

GearBlocks:
>moddb.com/games/gearblocks

Robot Arena 2:
>gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=4
>gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=5

KOHCTPYKTOP: Engineer of the People
>zachtronics.com/kohctpyktop-engineer-of-the-people/

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/Tmk14sf2
youtu.be/xn4bDLPY69Q?t=206
youtube.com/watch?v=42jnNqBHqnA
ship.shapewright.com/
ship.shapewright.com/?name=Adolf Hitler
ship.shapewright.com/?name=CLANG
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>readding robocraft
Why

Ayo where dat /egg/heim pastebin at

>not taking out machinecraft from the OP

Why

>/egg/heim idea bin: pastebin.com/Tmk14sf2 (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed)

homebrew a shit

we will behead those who insult machinecraft inshallah

SS13 Engineering Server:
>byond://87.106.26.203:2244

Post your best spaghetti

Why would you post that

Are you gonna 'behead' just like you 'play' machinecraft?

yes, please play along

Because hearing about how FJ continues to fuck over their own game gives me a laff m8

Added for next OP

Don't add the SS13 server, retard. It died.

There are basic guidelines that everyone on Space Builds knows and follow.

Basically:
>use Space Build Model Pack instead of PHX. It allows you to create great looking ships with just 50 props instead of 5000 PHX
>use tool that comes with SBMP so you can build ships just like in Kerbal Space Program instead of messing around with Precision tools or Precision Aligment tool(in case you have autism)
>put Adv Gyropod in the center of your ship(it will become center of mass) and link it to your chair and wire it to Adv Pod Controller and/or Expression 2 and/or gates
>use one of super duper multi parent tools that given server has installed that allows you to parent whole ship to Gyropod with just mere 3 clicks. It should also nocolide everything, fix collisions, sounds, shadows, masses and everything.
>no colide everything together in case your tool cannot do this for you
>weld all entities that don't like parent, like chairs, StarGates, rarely mod stuff etc. to gyropod.
And done. CLANG in gmod is much worse than in Space Engineers, but it's only a problem for inexperienced players. Once you understand how Havok works, how to use parent, weld, nocolide and mass tool, you never have to deal with it.

If you have problems with walking inside your ship while in space, there are two solutions for that:
>use any key(I use Space) from Adv Pod Controller(make it toggle using gates or Expression 2) and wire it to Gyropod's freeze, so you will have "space break" that will freeze your whole ship in place in case of CLANG or just wanting to leave cockpit.
>rarely servers allows you to use Gravity Hull Designator. It's the most amazing mod I've ever seen. It basically created wrapped space inside your ship, with separated coordinates system, collisions and everything, and makes it separated from exterior inertia and other factors. While being inside it, you just relatively stay in place and world around you is on fire.
youtu.be/xn4bDLPY69Q?t=206

Un-added, thanks for telling me

but it's still up, what are you on about?

And some retard fucked it up, so what?

only the singulo area is gone senpai.

we should rebuild it

>>And done. CLANG in gmod is much worse than in Space Engineers, but it's only a problem for inexperienced players. Once you understand how Havok works, how to use parent, weld, nocolide and mass tool, you never have to deal with it.
SE also uses Havok. Does this mean that I can scream "GIT GUD" at people who accidentally make RKVs out of their ships?

Go ahead an rebuild it, then.
And it's not just the singularity, you moron. It took half the station.

gee user why are you so pissy today?

> Crossout dev response to 90% of players HATING durability in the game with no real way to repair anything, forcing people to constantly craft new parts instead of fixing what they have

>Thank for sharing your thoughts.
>Soon, we'll implement an improved repair system to help you more easily maintain your car. But we simply cannot remove item deterioration from the game. Let me explain.

>Our economic system is player driven. Players themselves decide how much things cost. Actually, players do not have to pay for the game at at all. Market is the great way to earn in-game currency. At the moment even new players may easily earn coins by selling common items and scrap-metal. But it is only possible, because there's the constant need for these items. If there were only indestructible items, there would be no need for the marketplace.
>Also, destructible items makes you try new ones and invent new strategies. It makes the game more alive and offer more interesting challenges to the players.

>Please let us know of the ways to improve the game without changing it's core mechanics.
>Thank you.

kek

>muslim mayor of london

i cant wait to be beheaded

>At the moment even new players may easily earn coins by selling common items and scrap-metal. But it is only possible, because there's the constant need for these items. If there were only indestructible items, there would be no need for the marketplace.
>Also, destructible items makes you try new ones and invent new strategies.

Top jews

This is the sound of your playerbase evaporating.

I think Gmod uses very old version of Havok. Probably one released around time of Half-Life 2.
I'm not sure though.

Also Gmod gives you nearly complete control over constraints and Havok engine. SE is very limited in that matter.
For example it seems like in last challenge they've changed Connectors from Gmod's weld to Gmod's Poly weld or Parent. No sane gmod player would use weld for connecting two large ships together.

>mayor that wants to save night clubs and culture

that niggas got his shit straight man.

Where can I find the proper assembler ratios for Factorio?
Short of that, how can I calculate that stuff myself?

What is this wizardry that allows you to maintain such a neat and tidy bus?

The recipes have the time requirements and ingredient needs. Only thing you need outside of that is the assembly speed which is only relevant if you use different assemblers in one line or move from say oil to assembers or something like that.

Ah
I asked because I tried to figure out the copper cable/circuit ratio and it seemed like it was 1/1, but I didn't notice that you get two copper cables at a time
Really should pay more attention to this stuff

Get back to you heavy ball, trigglypuff :^)

Trigglypuff is like the best thing to come out of the American campus pukefest. Watching her flail those chubby chicken drumsticks while slavishly shrieking a childish mantra was probably the highlight of April for me.

Of course, I can say this with glee because I'm not clap and don't have to deal with these people in real life.

why are they weighing down what could be a moderately enjoyable, simplistic building and fighting vehicular combat game by tying it to such excessively repressive durability and economic mechanics

You gotta master the art of space-saving techniques.

Do ships can implement 80s aesthetics?
would love a ship with this aero kit.

For ice mining looks good, need to fix the rear wheels, but looks pretty good.

Dry as a mummy in a few hours.

That's a real paving machine.

For some reason, I'm charmed by artists who draw oddly specific things. This guy in particular seems to like heavy construction machinery.

Both the pure functional design and their sizes its what i like of industrial machinery.

reminds me of that dude who draws futuristic mechs on scandinavian rural backdrops

>1/1/1/1 survival with friends on spengies
>minimalist starting platform made by friend
>think lone survivor but smaller with two guns and conveyor tubes
>a few hours in, go to move assembler to put more upgrade modules on it
>CLANG
>entire half of conveyor system clangs around but holds together

Turns out he used the conveyor expansion pack such that the medbay and both turrets were only being held on by the conveyor going into the side of the assembler while being about 10 blocks long and snaking through some light armor.

Would you happen to be talking about Simon Stålenhag?

This painting of a USR modem infected by the Beast is profoundly beautiful to me.

Can someone post the webm of the Hello Kitty made in machinecraft "This isn't even my final form".

>tfw Firefall had durability and market
>also much deeper item customization
>it was actually driving the economy
>constant resource sink
>constant crystite sink
>market was alive, always in need of [999] and [001] resources
>players were busy, always thumping, crafting, fucking with Melding, acquiring materials

If Crossout will have this beta-Firefall-tier of economy, it'll be fucking perfect, even with repairs.

Springs when?

>not wanting gears before shitty springs

beautiful

Are we playing SimplePlanes?

in ww1 engineers dug trenches

does that mean the new battlefield game is /egg/?

are you in the beta? there's more problems to durability than "it exists at all", and it kind of ties into a lot of the rest of the game. the matches last literally a couple minutes, and since youre matched with teams of randos vs randos everybody is gonna be hovering around 50/50 winrate. so if your primary weapon has 40 durability points, thats about 80 matches till youre up for a replacement.

lets see, 80 matches times 2 to 3 minutes a match, that adds up to a few hours worth of pvp before youre gonna start hurting. god help you if you had multiple parts that have run out at the same time. you can actually still use them but they have 1hp so are only -almost- effectively useless.

>Hello Kitty
>Hello Kitty

/egg/ needs more LotGH

>those tape recorders in background
70's and 80's were truly glorious for sci-fi and cyberpunk

why are the spacemen so mean to the little ppl :

Well, it certainly was a tiny golden age for engineering, new weapons, biplanes/triplanes, tanks, you name it. Not as impressive as ww2, but it came close

That was redundant and unnecessary.
Not only you're destroying habitable planet (let's ignore that this much damage to crust would also evaporate everything alive on planet in matter of minutes), but basically giving up on natural resources, infrastructure, possible workers and scientists, and also create heavy hatred from any enemy you had at this point.

After that I'd sign orders to deploy biotic weapons without any remorse

who /voidhunters/

btfo

If you've seen the show, it makes a little more sense.

explain it to me, simple filthy casual, for I do not comprehend scale of this destruction

That's kinda their game plan as the local evil empire who feeds of radiation or some shit like that.

did
nothing
wrong

anyway, by all means sign up for a free beta key and help give them feedback, but dont blow money on one of the buy-in packs

mech comunism.

It's because they remade the entire thing for newer people and totally forgot about the plot of the original series.

but heavy isotopes are gotta to be trapped in blobs of cooling lava, getting drowned in mantle
pointless

Still imagine having your ship slice in two like this.

There have been so many remakes at this point it hardly matters. 2199 was pretty good.
youtube.com/watch?v=42jnNqBHqnA
I also love the engineering on the ship, even though modeling it after a naval ship is really dumb.

>implying it can't swim

Yeah, There's a really good art book that shows all the little bits.

Like missile tubes, smoke stacks that fire ICBM and other things like that.

>twisty lasers
Why isn't this more popular?

I need an engineering game where i can make this stuff

because people have shit taste

but bendy lasers are popular, almost as popular as firing huge swarms of tiny homing rockets

Because lasers are usually coherent beams of light, and coherent beams of line have a tendency of flying in straight lines.

The effect is kinda cool though

>implying the webm lasers aren't moving along straight lines through curved space

My folks got their driveway paved when I was a youngin', which required that some guys took a gigantic maving machine to spread out asphalt so hot you could see the grass burn around it and long shimmering tendrils of hot air rise up from it.

I was walking home carefully around this asphalt, when, near the end of the driveway, I heard what remarkably sounded like a Wilhelm scream.

Some idiot stepped off of the paver directly onto the asphalt. Despite wearing shoes, he had serious burns and had to be transported to the hospital.

New FtD update adds a Particle input port and a particle accelerator lens for particle cannons

Particle input cannons allow a pipe to connect with another pipe base, which gives you a 2x bonus in power at the cost of using 2 outputs.

The particle accelerator lens is a secondary particle cannon, it doesnt' matter it's orientation, it will shoot in the same direction as the main gun

That, or they are redirected using a magnetic field, or some kind of gravitic field.

if youve got magnetic/gravitic fields strong enough to bend light, you should probably just be crushing/ripping apart your enemy's ships with them

lasers look better though

We need a game that has engineering and fleet mechanics. and maybe some political intrigue.

and lasers
and planets
and planet busters
etc.

>no full dive vr spess egg game

ship.shapewright.com/

post ships

All this laser lightshow reminds me, why can't we have picrelated in skubmade?
Beams are practically worthless as a weapon as of now.
At least making us able to route them through turrets would make beams see more usage, if only as light hitscan AA. Unless...
Unless someone makes a ginormous generator and beam array and go full space cathedrals.

ship.shapewright.com/?name=Adolf Hitler

kek

>you have to engineer the best trenches of the war.
Its part of a military strategy, but its to narrow to be a game, maybe a touch android version.

>enter CLANG
>site freezes for a bit
ship.shapewright.com/?name=CLANG

He lives

>clicked the link
>site went slideshow
PRAISE CLANG