XCOM General - /xcg/

Pure innocent Codex edition

Previous Squadwipe News:
1)
Julian Gollop is working on his new game, Phoenix Point. It's a turn-based tactical game with strategy elements, destructible terrain, geoscape and character progression much akin to XCOM
Here are some links for the curious, though there isn't much yet:
>twitter.com/Phoenix_Point
>phoenixpoint.info/
>pcgamer.com/julian-gollop-announces-new-game-phoenix-point/

2)Long war studios are working on more mods for Xcom2, the first of five Long War Toolbox is live on the workshop
xcom.com/news/en-long-war-studios-creating-more-xcom-2-mods

Furthermore mod author Capnbubs - maker of the most endorsed mod on the workshop - has been signed onto the LWS team

3)More information including new armours, new aliens and new missions revealed about Alien Hunters DLC
xcom.com/news/en-dangerous-ruler-aliens-await-in-xcom-2s-alien-hunters-dlc
xcom.com/news/en-into-the-nest-xcom-2s-viper-king-exposed

The /xcg/ Mandatory Read
>>pastebin.com/k9pT8zx4

Essential improvements (Skip intros, alleviate stuttering, multi monitor support, resolutions past 1080p)
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=616682629

XCOM2 NEW AND IMPROVED MODLIST, updated regularly:
>>pastebin.com/pTMatP5Z
NEW AND WORKING MEGA MOD LIBRARY - Contains literally all mods from the new modlist:
-RECENTLY UPDATED AND COMPRESSED IN ZIP FORMAT
>>mega.nz/#F!HlgWjCqR!STJ0c0kW8Fs6jKynqKyerw

Music For Killing Ayys:
youtube.com/watch?v=0J2QdDbelmY

/xcg/'s Long War FAQ (new players read this shit):
>pastebin.com/YmaXBKpN

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yMxZ1LSBvYc
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=659591509
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Xth for fucking everything ripping off Halo's Blocky Armor.

Pistols are useful

Ayy my screen got used sweet

OC donut steel
jk faggots steal it all you want i made it for this. Also made it a while back

About time we had a Prude thread.

Saved and stolen pls don't report me to meme police

What if the Viper King is the only male of the entire species?

knock knock motherfucker

He's one lucky snek

pls no, I have a wife to feed

what do you want now ?
moar shitty edits ? Here F A M
we can discuss, can you pay in advent credits ? i also accept the elder card

Dont worry xcom is here to save you

>prude
You should take a second look at the filename and edition m80

>Elder card
Damn, all I've got is this

Can I claim nectar points if I pay?

pls no, I don't want to be labelled terrorist scum

I don't know if i can keep giving you memes, your stock options are lacking
>claiming points
i am not a bank, just a meme """artist"""

Too late

Meant for you

post link to nude mod

I know.

>bf 2142 weapon
i miss this game
well, at least 2 years of waiting till remake, now dice needs to finish their WW1 "shooter"

""""""""""ww1""""""""""""
>tanks in the desert campaigns
>50 MILE PER HOUR MK4
>biplanes exploding as if they were giant flying bombs
>hip firing ww1 machine guns
>mustard gas as a close range grenade weapon
>zeppelins low enough to be hit by small arms
>AMERICAN CENTRED CAMPAIGN
>german tanks in operation
At least it'll shut the "sci-fi sucks" crowd up

Good thing XCOM has surrounded that shitty irrelevant low-tier waifu. I'm sure they'll gun her down with impunity, just as we do with these transgender thinmint shitters.

It's in the MEGA famski, look in the bottom of the Armor Customization category

I mean you can hipfire a lewis gun

>MUH FLASH HIDER ON MUH VICKERS LMG
i fucking see it coming

Its already here that being said im still probably going to play it

Its possible but dumb as fuck.

I'll still buy the fucking game as long as it isn't awful at launch like bf4

Worry not that codex was in fact gunned down

>shitty irrelevant low-tier waifu
It must suck having such bad taste. Also it says in the file name, she proposed a cultural exchange and went to live with Xcom to learn about their culture and share Advent culture

I agree its a real bad idea but I absolutely need to perforate some smelly hun with a bayonet

Having ADVENT scum as waifu would make you a race traitor, user. Codex are for killing.

l-lewd

I'm not that hopeful, I want a WW1 game that explores the more interesting aspects of the war (creeping barrages, african and arabian campaigns and the eastern front) without shitting on history and turning it into murica saves the day reskin of ww2/modern combat

Damn straight!

Thats wrong! When the last of the Elder controlled forces you'll be executed for war crimes by Xcom and the defected Advent!

Also
>implying you can kill a codex
>implying they don't hide in their brains when they get injured
>implying they don't spend the next few weeks crying about how lonely they are

The single player will supposedly focus on a character on all sides

That's my secret, user.

I grenade the brains.

you just gave me a new headcanon
a sad, lonely headcanon. feelsbadman

YOU MONSTER

I don't have confidence they'll be able to pull it off correctly considering how aggressively shit Dice is at SP (remember the BF4 mission that directly ripped off Vorkuta, me neither because it was forgettable shit), the box art character and main main character is American though and I'll expect BF3 style token "look we did it from the russian perspective too!"

Thats part of the coydex headcanon I've been using for a while. its also part of one of several half finished fics I've done and will probably never finish

Codex brains are super hard to destroy aren't they?

You just remebered me i have a patsy story that i'll probably never finish aswell

I honestly tried to remember BF4 and BF3 campaigns and failed. They made it from russia persepective? what

While I agree the single player will most likely be nothing to write home about I'm more interested in how they will do Calvary in mp

Theres 2 missions in BF3 where you play a Spetsnaz guy who fails in what he was trying to do and they're the only actually good missions in the game. In BF4 he plays discount-Reznov without any of the fun crazy despite having been dying of radiation poisoning in the epilogue of BF3.

The plot of BF3 is invasion of Iran and then nukes and then PC stops nuclear bomb in new york or something.

The plot of BF4 is Chinese go crazy and nuke(?) a carrier fleet but it doesn't destroy the fleet and they have to save China from a non-western government or some shit.

Cavalry* dumb phone

Writing is hard, I can get stories mostly done but can never get them in a state I'm happy with.

I would expect the BF3/4 quad/dirt bikes but they bleed when you hit them

pistols
are
useful

Seeing as you can use a sabre on them I think it should be pretty cool

>writing is hard
especially when you try yourself at creating stories and end up dissapointing yourself

So, do I like print this and frame it now?

I'm hoping that'll carry over to the MP,

The stream they held said it does

Awesome, I didn't watch the entire thing and didn't fully pay attention to the bits I did watch, I just got angry at the bits I did see

>re-read earliest remaining segment
>decide its shit
>complete rewrite it
>repeat

They are going to have an open beta so you can see if you like it or not

Good, I was tricked by the BF4 open beta though so I'll wait a week or two till after release, I'm never buying a Dice game at launch again after that

I hope they recreate the no manland scene from All Quiet on the Western Front

>Dive into to artillery shell hole to survive machine gun fire
>Kill the enemy soldier in there with a bayonet
>Objective changes to "hide until nightfall"
>Waiting takes 5 minutes
>Nothing to do but look at the person you just killed
>Can look through his stuff
>Can examine his wallet and pictures
>Journal entries, pictures of his family/wife/kids
>Odd nicknacks/ charms
>Nothing to do but sit and wait while bombs and machine gun fire sporadically errupt over you while you stare at the human you just killed

Not that I'm expecting it, just would be awesome.

nigga that's all creative processes, if I draw something or model something and it's shit I start over.

I already have it for PC, but for the sake of playing EW while curled up in my bed, is the Vita port worthwhile? I really don't mind graphical downgrades, but are there any other notable problems?

I can't speak from personal experience, I just konw that a number of anons have posted that they have played EW, and they never complained about any big issues.

I can't see it happening but something like that would be great. A poignant look at the war would help cement gaming as more of an artform than the inevitable actionfest with failed attempts at emotional weight is going to.

>tfw the final minute of blackadder goes forth will be more impactful than all of BF1 campaign

>creation is hard
Yes. especially if yiu're a novice (i am)

>nightfall comes
>try to move back to your side
>someone sees you and thinks you're the enemy
>get lit up by a vickers

Its still unfun and disheartening to throw hours of work down the pan because you don't like it.

Graphical downgrade and loadtimes are about the only bad things.

You forgot to un-spoiler the lower right post.

And I think you should add another row but you could also start a new frame as well.

>You forgot to un-spoiler the lower right post.
Nope, it was an unrelated comment.

>And I think you should add another row but you could also start a new frame as well.
I'll have to consider were I want to take it.

Ayy

youtube.com/watch?v=yMxZ1LSBvYc

BAGEL

How can Xcom even compete?

Where do i put mod from mega? Is there a specific folder for them in game directory?

XCOM2/XComGame/Mods

They can't all advent waifus and husbandos are better than xscum

I don't know about that.

Eh
There is not such folder in XCOM2/XComGame. I can create it myself?

>jealous xscum murder brave peacekeepers in fit of rage

You just stick the extracted mod folder in [directory]/XCOM2/XcomGame/Mods. Not loosely mind you, just the mod folder with all the subfolder stuff in them. Create the directory if it doesn't exist.

I should really add instructions in the pastebin, thanks for reminding me

How to take over a planet in a few easy steps:

1. Introduce your genetic code into the natives
2. For as long as possible, subvert the natives and increase the powerbase of those with your alien DNA
3. Progressively increase the concentration of your genetic code in the natives, tailor it so they're more receptive and subservient to your rule
4. Bide your time until the entire planet is composed of a species that's very similar to your own
5. Arrive with open arms and invite them into your collective
6. Continue genetic changes until the old natives have been completely erased and the only genetics that remain are your own species

Forgot to mention you also need to activate the mod via uour launcher of choice, obviously. Vanilla is terrible imo, use the alternative one. Top of the modlist.

They had it coming

That video is great

Its truly incredible

Thanks. Have you considered putting WTR voice packs into reccomended voice packs? He does pretty good job, even adds static effect.

>argentinian heavy intensifies

At least he is keeping up with that.

Swords are Useful.

Never used them before but I'll be sure to look into them!

I just lost the first project mission. Sneaked my way through every patrol and a few meters away from the objective I became lazy and made a 2AP move. Then I got rushed by 2 hands full of advant, a snek, two of those robot things. I could hold out for quite some time but in the end they pushed my shit in. ragequitted

Isn't there a port for mobiles/tablets? Would be the better alternative than playing on a vita.

DOW Merrick is done by WTR and rated 8\10 in pastebin. Rest is pretty good too.
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=659591509

Not sure if Lewd.

Falling Skies mod when?
Pope voice pack when?

Nah fuck that were doing this oldstyle

Or you could just mindcontrol all of the world important people so they gladly welcome their new overlords. Then steamroll any oppostion with sectopods and fuck off sleeping under the sea until eventuall expansion.

I have run across many weapons where I thought to myself, "Oh this weapons sucks, it doesn't even properly kill things, I'll never use this."

But this is the first time where I have to consider the fact that this weapons kills things so well that I'll never use it. I'll find a way somehow

Don't you die on me!