/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

Corvid Edition

Took enough blood to save an old thread: >Patch 1.09 Info
jp.playstation.com/op/bloodborne/news/2015/12/update109.html

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/
Official PvP Chalice: hizzngr3 (Pthumeru Root)
/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1W9rWvBbvGjucoqOP3JTItmN8yDZ0iHuc1sR44FubzWw/edit#gid=0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

ahhhh

Will you help me kill myself Good Hunter?

How butthurt would people be if I showed up to tomorrow's fightclub with a BL 125?

...Kos...

Or as some say

Nobody calls it kosm, fuck off.

About as butthurt people would be if i showed up as a BL 146

Did the bl meta change?

>Kos

Anyone happen to have the values that match the Knight's Wig?

Same as always. 100-125, with 98 being a /bbg/ specialty and 150 being some weirdo thing that people on Reddit like because, uh, physical defense, or something.

Show me your fashion /bbg/

my attempt at fashion

swashbuckler waifu

How is it fair that those witches just dont stop shooting fireballs literally broken artificial difficutly

I don't get what the deal with that is.

They appear to be more likely to fire non-stop if you're behind a wall or pillar or something, but occasionally they'll do it even if you aren't hiding behind an object. I think it's just an AI glitch or something.

Could use some help with micolash on NG+ Pass: crow, ringing my bell at his gate.

Also you can walk behind them and attack them. If you're using a slow weapon and there's two or more of them, though, fighting them can be pretty shit. Also don't ever stand directly infront of them, because if you're hit by their fireball as it appears, you take massively increased damage for some reason.

Anyone got advice for Rom in the lower pthumeru chalice? I can get him to warp once but then i get trashed by either the spiders or Rom

Just wait for a moment where Rom has a side that has little to no spiders. His spells can kill other spiders. Plus bolt works well

I'm pretty sure the only good advice in this post is to use bolt.

This. Roms spells don't kill his spiders. Biggest thing for chalice rom is patience. Hide behind pillars and pick off the spiders very gradually. You only want to be doing this longass bossfight once.

It's not at all like story rom who can be one cycled without any difficulty.

I swear ive seen roms explosion kill a spider I SWEAR

YOU'RE A FILTHY LIAR AND YOU KNOW IT

Chaps need some help with defiled layer 3 amygdala. If you would be so kind.
Pass is gitgud

I'm on my first playthrough.

Just killed those witch sisters. I've been keeping a track of how many times it took me to kill a boss. Zero represents I didn't die a single time fighting the boss, one represents I died once against the boss (so I killed them on my second try), ect.

Papa G: 0
Cleric Beast: 1
Blood-starved Beast: 2
Vicar Amelia: 1
Darkbeast Paarl: 2
The Witch of Hemwick: 1 -- should have beaten them the first time, but my weapon's durability broke so I was swarmed by too many of those scythe monsters at once

Overall, I'm doing pretty damn well I would say, but I hear Orphan is probably the hardest boss in the entire souls series, so lets see if my death toll increases dramatically when I go and face him.

Need some help with micolash his spells one shot me when i have the best arcane gear at BL 146
Pass: kos

You still need help?

>tfw entered NG+ so I can't help anyone now

Im not that guy but actually I am doing the same thing. Ill try and help that guy aswell if you guys would want to help me after ?

>my weapon's durability broke
Wut? I've never ever seen that happen and I never repair shit.

Sure thing. But let's see if that guy's still around. He asked first.

>orphan
>hard

What? He was one of the easier bosses in the DLC.

He's not biting. Set up a pass and I'll come join you. And it better not be Doll.

Ha, thanks. pass is 'xxyyxx'

You don't seem to be biting either. Bummer.

Are you NG? and is there anywhere im supposed to stand? like im sitting near the queen killer summon sign

NG+. Does that matter at all for chalices though?

>one of the easier bosses in the DLC
Bullshit. He was definitely harder than Maria, Failures. and Ludwig. He would be the hardest, but Laurence has some bullshit involved with his fight that I think makes him the tougher opponent.

Orphan was designed to fuck with people who know what they're doing. Are you good at dodging in souls games? Orphan is going to hurt because almost all his attacks are designed to fuck with your instincts.

This being said, difficulty is subjective. There's really no reason to have an argument about this because we're both right.

I call bullshit on that as well, but you're right, difficulty's subjective. I was actually super disappointed that Orphan was such a cakewalk after getting wrecked by Ludwig and Laurence. Hell I even felt the failures was harder, because you can get unlucky with the meteor shit and just get wrecked. Also I stood back and observed orphan, and did so at each obvious phase change, so I wasn't very thrown off in the dodging department.

>unlucky with the meteor shit
What? They take forever to wind it up and you can see it from a mile away and there's a guaranteed way to not get hit by them.

Yeah but sometimes a failure can get staggered out of casting and cause trouble for you. Sometimes. Usually it'll go well, but sometimes just dumb shit can happen, especially in a group.

See, I almost had the reverse experience. Ludwig was a great cinematic fight, but he only took me two tries. Beastmode was some pretty standard dodging with a couple of curveballs like the ceiling drop, but nothing too drastically different from other bosses i'd fought. I only died to phase 2 once because I was thrown off by the transition from reaction dodging to delayed attacks.

Failures were the easiest thing in the world if you were patient and payed attention. There was no getting unlucky with the meteor shit when you realized that the meteors came from a fixed direction and you could just wait them out behind the sunflower.

Maria was another case of reaction dodging for most of the fight. She killed me a couple times because of some of her delayed attacks, but then I realized I could parry them and I rocked her.

And then Orphan stomped my shit in for a while. I had gotten to him by really just riding my instincts and reactions and whatnot. Suddenly, that wasn't working anymore. On top of that, phase 2 was aggressive enough that I was having trouble finding time to get in damage.

the DLC can be easy if you're overleveled with good gems. not that thats an excuse or your fault but you can overlevel it pretty easy

Nigga I did the DLC at level 70 my first time with some shitty story gems I picked up somewhere. Where do you get off telling me I was overlevelled or anything just because I didn't get roadblocked by the same bosses you did?

I just guessed because you type like a bitch

Gemless FCs were Best FCs

2/3

3/3

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1W9rWvBbvGjucoqOP3JTItmN8yDZ0iHuc1sR44FubzWw/edit#gid=0

Arcane Tool AR calculator.

Enjoy.

I grab both summons in the level. all three of you end up on trash duty and until you attack rom again, he never casts spells at you because the summons take the aggro so well. They will die about 3/4ths of the way through usually so be ready to take control at the end

It's a simple set mixing both cainhurst sets, but I like it.

I don't have a good screenshot of my other character but cainhurst has all the fashion, mang.

I like the Yharnam Hunter set on females. I haven't found anything better yet.

A long time ago. I might bring it back at this FC

Some slug

If I'm too high of a level can people not help me?

You can only interact with people of a similar level, I forget the exact numbers. So if you're, say, level 100 someone who's level 50 can't help you.

But if you both use the same password (in network settings) this restriction is ignored and guests are upscaled or downscaled to the host.

Anyone around to help?

Setting a password mitigates levels and scales accordingly, curiously what is your exact level?

Oh... I thought you were going to say something like 300+

With?

Also does NG level matter for helping people in chalices?

No, but anons seem to frown on anything above 120

The account I've played the most on is 398

but my PvP accounts are all 98

Undead Giant in Isz Root

Oh you're the dude from yesterday. Your password is Doll, right? I couldn't connect to you.

Not the same user but my pass is kosm

Going that high means you're not making a PVP build which means there's no reason to restrict your level which means there's no excuse to be having trouble beside being scum, is the most likely mentality.

Oh okay, sorry, let me get to a bonfire and I'll give it a go.

I'm in NG+. Can I do NG chalices with people?

Yes.
Chalices aren't affected by NG transitions.

can I play this game like more of a sorcerer than a bloodthirsty warrior manly man?

ooh boys?

Oh okay. I've been having a hard time connecting to chalice people since I went to NG+ but I guess that's coincidence.

Nope. There's actually just one class of character in this game, basically.

I'm-a ringin.

Level 40. Logarius. Ringing by fog. Pass is wheel

Let's finally put him to rest and finish his glorious work. Or fuck his shit up and free the noble queen. As applicable.

oooh i'm a tad disappointed!

You can do that, yes. But you need to spend a lot of the game hitting enemies with a stick in order to get the resources to do so.

At the stairs to the fog door? Cause maybe we can't connect too.

Is there an X on your summon thing? Also why does everyone thing that location matters when it comes to chalices? As long as your symbol isn't X'd out, you can summon me no matter where you are in the dungeon.

Did not know this and no I always make sure I'm not X'd out on my summon icon.

The password is kosm, right?

Also you're set to worldwide?

is that the truth?

Yeah but I don't think it's working and I have to ready for work.

ty user

Np ;-;

Yes. With the right runes, tools, and playstyle you can quite effectively use Hunter's Tools (the game's equivalent of spells) in place of a weapon. But getting the required resources to do so will take most of the game, in which you'll have to rely on using a weapon.

Generally speaking if you just want to stand back where the enemy can't touch you and fire beams at them then this game isn't for you to begin with.

Pure ARC, Augur, ACB + Flamesprayer for life

How about normal maps? Would it be wasting my time to go and fill out the map so I can help people?

Same as NG. Level restricted with password bypass.

Okay, I just noticed my damage is awful in NG+. I need to get some korean gems in the forms of nourishing, and physical. Guide me, /bbg/.

read the op

It's such a mass of information, I had trouble finding what specifically I wanted to know, man.

I'm sure you can figure it out

I'm looking at the anarchist's cookbook and I'm just not getting it.

Isn't this completely useless?

you have 1 tick to get that damage boi
yes

Just rush through the DLC and get the gems from the Brain Dolls in from of the Orphan.

Are they better quality than these? I'd like something a little more korean.