/wtc/ - Witcher and Cyberpunk General - (/krw/, /cpg/)

End Trissposting Edition

Hearts of Stone and patch 1.12 is released!
HoS developer stream: twitch
.tv/gogcom/v/21846005
Trailer here:youtube.com/watch?v=ffdxS9R6NTE
Patchnotes: wpc.4d7d.edgecastcdn.net/004D7D/mkt/document/Changelog-1.12-ENG.pdf

Downloads:
>Latest patch, free DLCs, The Witcher books(first 5 are official, the remaining fan translations are of varying quality) and short stories
f.wtcg.pl/

Links:
>slightly newer pastebin, containing Witcher gear locations and TW1+2 info
pastebin.com/qhpfPiqJ
>Console Commands
mmo-game.eu/witcher-3-debug-console-commands/
>ded Gwent Browser Game
gwentonline.club/play-gwent-online/
>Where do I find Gwent cards?
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15RUB-aG3Y2mRY3oWyNY1TlfDTRE-ySgNURUfTpMH0XQ/edit?usp=sharing
gwentcards.com/
>Witcher lore series for newfriends
youtube.com/watch?v=YrrzVp2HIMk&feature=youtu.be&list=PL7pGJQV-jlzCMqEAP49QApVHNJeZxxdL9
>Redirect to the current thread
wtcg.pl

Cyberpunk 2077
>First trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=P99qJGrPNLs
>Creator about Cyberpunk 2077's world
youtube.com/watch?v=xYxt7cwDk4E

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/34119-Swallow-Potion-Poll
nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/713/?
nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/949/?
nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/1024/?
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The bar fight after you kill the Griffin, is it possible to do it peacefully IE knocking them out with aard or something?

Also why is Geralt such a white knight. Fuck.

Don't think so, no. If you could do it peacefully then it would break the scene, a bit.

As for the white knight thing: Geralt's always been characterized as a guy that wants to just ignore everything and be the typical emotionless witcher. The fact that he isn't causes him no shortage of angst

I'm on my first playthrough and just noticed You can dismantle the figurines that are little people you're supposed to bring to Triss to get brought back to full size? That's fucking brutal.

:3

Geralt isn't a White Knight, far from it, he just has a heart of gold deep inside which his profession constantly attacks, so he wants to be seen and treated as the "typical emotionless witcher" as the other user said it, but he isn't an emotionless asshole, so the pain of his inner-conflict starts to anger him.

Like why do you think all of us like Geralt?

Just finished the main story + Hearts of Stone today. Everything was fucking amazing except for the rush with the Wild Hunt at the end and the White Frost bullshit

>Where the Cat and Wolf play
REMOVE PEASANTS REMOVE

You've probably killed several hundred men or other sentient beings already. No need to be shocked.

Is O'Dimm the devil himself?

yes. and he's such a bro.

did you collect all gwent cards?

No I didn't bother much with Gwent. Not much into card games anyways

Nah.
Well, depends of your interpretation of ''Devil'', but I think he is more like a mischievous spirit than a malevolent one.

he seems really powerful but he's probably a lesser daemon from whatever realm he comes from, there's more powerful stuff beyond the veil

My Geralt loves you Triss, and he always will!

would you guys help Olgierd or let him get Dim'd

it's a pretty crazy wager Geralt took

Angels can only envy her beauty...

My Geralt realized Triss is the right woman for him!

do you hold LT to parry at lower difficulties, but at higher difficulties you have to press it at the right time?

I don't know if I'd say the devil himself, but definitely similar.

is it just one trissposter that's infesting the threads, or are we being invaded by trissfags?

It's one guy.
Been doing that for months now.
Don't tell me you never noticed him.

Yeah, those damned Trissfags, I wish they would leave our precious thread and let us shit on that whore Triss and worship our dear Yen( who am I kidding, we never talk about Yen), dear friend. These Triss posts seriously grate my sophisticated Yen fan palate.

My Geralt can't wait to leave for Kovir with Triss, she had no reason to be nervous, although it was cute...

I am a Yen fan, all I'm capable when discussing TW is spreading hate, someone please help me, that whore Triss makes me so insecure...

No, you press the button in the right time to counter, regardless of level.
Help him cause is a game, but the first time, and I think is the logical choice, let O'Dimm take Olgierd.

triss is shit

Ah, a classic Yen fan, moar please, I could always use more validation, fellow Yen fan.

Oh Triss, you are so sweet, but my Geralt isn't going anywhere...

My Geralt appreciates Triss!

At long last, the King of the Wild Hunt grabs his long awaited prize!

kill yourself

Noice

When picking flowers for his potions, my Geralt always thinks about Triss.

No, Triss needs me!

Lighthouse

This general is absolutely fucking disgusting

Whatever temptations await in BaW, my Geralt will remain faithful to the woman he loves, Triss Merigold. He would never cheat on her!

I was referring specifically to him comforting that girl who had just nearly bashed the brains out of the bar keep

does this mean we're getting a party? maybe at geralt's new mansion?

Hard as it may be to believe, Geralt planted roots - in faraway Kovir. He and Triss settled down, their home warm and smelling of freshly-baked cakes. Guests were always welcome, no matter the day or the hour. The witcher would take jobs at times, more from habit than need. For Triss had earned a true fortune as the mage advisor to Kovir’s king.

Projecting a bit much, senpai?

I don't care about which 2D waifu you prefer, but spamming that shit is the pinnacle of cancer

It was such a romantic night...

He had memories of Blaviken.

Then I reached the pinnacle of cancer, huh...and Triss is 3D!

Empress Ciri will come from Nilfgaard.
She may even bring the twins :3
That's not being a ''white knight''. is just having empathy.
Besides, people thinking you are a crazy murderer is bad for the business.

Twins? :3

healthy ashen baby brother and his little sister.
they'll keep the bloodline pure too.

DUCKING EPIC

Cute 22 inch waist!

Mate that is the fucking definition of being a white knight. If a guy had done that Geralt would have beaten the shit out of him

Vesemir and Pavetta

My Geralt loves the house Triss prepared for them in Kovir! It's a true home for him!

One thing remain unexplained. Throughout the game we meet all kinds of clairvoyants: sootsayer of Benek, Hjort and Crones all saying that Ciri will die after Geralt finds her. Soothsayer even predicts her death in the tower. Why would all of them turn out to be wrong? That leads to one and only conclusion: Witcheress ending is not what's going to be the canon for potential Witcher 4, but the Bad Ending will be. With both Geralt's and Ciri's fates unknown, CDPR will be free to move to the completely new protagonist and story.

In fact, Witcher 3 Enhanced Edition will add a secret true ending. In order to unlock it, you will have to complete the game three times: first with Witcheress ending, second with Empress ending and finally Ciri dead ending in order to unlock post credits scene in which it is revealed that the whole story was about old Dandelion (who was telling the whole tale) accepting the reality of his best friend and Ciri being gone forever. The other endings were him denying the truth by creating fake happy ending and bittersweet ending (to make it more believable), but after the bad ending his finally able to move on.

>tfw they're obsessed with the boar you killed but no one thinks to compliment the smell of your butt

sounds legit

That's some ME3 indoctrination theory level shit right there, Casey would be proud.

>the whole story was about old Dandelion
Crimson Avenger spin-off game when?

My Geralt loves holding Triss in his arms!

Yeah, in Witcher 4 we're going to play as a young Witcher participating in the keyblade war

It'd really be cool if CDPR decided to make a prequel game of sorts.

When things were still relatively good for witchers and every school was still operational, and they weren't treated like complete shit.

I think it'd be a cool setting, original as well, since neither the books or games have really expanded much on it.

>they weren't treated like complete shit.
Sorry m8, they've always been treated like shit.

Seems like I'm the only one interested in a game about the future, not the past. Although I know that it would be hard to create a long story/main quest at the same level as TW3

Anyone know any good mods?
INB4: TRISS TRISS TRISS

Triss companion mod is great.

Triss has a special kindness other sorceresses lack!

Support my initiative to get back the old design of the Swallow potion.

forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/34119-Swallow-Potion-Poll

I have more, including Priscilla actually being a doppler, but that's a tale for another time.

>Priscilla actually being a doppler
Bullshit!

So my game isn't showing any trees or plants or vegetation at all. The hitboxes are still there, but zero plants. How do I solve this?

kek

Triss' normal map is the stuff of nightmares

Holy shit, how can people defend this writing?

>Possession quest
>"Oh, i'll know. In order to trick the demon i'll let Geralt think he has killed a baby by kidnapping a child which in turn causes Geralt to slaughter two provoked innocent guards in the process! That should 'trick' Geralt into feeling guilty!"

Everyone's is...

Triss is just stunning, I find her extremely beautiful!

Triss is uniquely horrifying

Even is that's the case, it doesn't really matter. She looks beautiful in the game.

Her face looks horribly scarred, pock-marked, and blemished. Sometimes complementary lighting helps to hide it. The way her face wrinkles is also pretty horrifying.

- Triss... – she mumbled.
- Teleport us out of here!
- No, Yennefer – Triss’ voice was calm. And very cold.
- They’ll kill us...
- No, Yennefer. I won’t run. I won’t hide behind
the Lodge’s skirt. And have no fear, I won’t faint
from fear like at Sodden. I’ll break it in myself. I
already did!

I disagree, all the little imperfections on her face make her even more beautiful, at least to me.

Well you're mentally retarded, so you don't count

'Merigold's Hailstorm,' said Nimue. 'Basically, the name is used illegally, since the magic has never been registered, and no one has been able to repeat it. The reason is simple - Triss had an injured mouth and spoke slurred and distorted. Some also claim that fear affected her language.'
'I do not believe it,' Condwiramurs pursed her lips. 'In the annals there is no shortage of other examples of courage and heroism from Venerable Triss, some even call her chronically
fearless.

Please don't be so mean to me, you're hurting my feelings...sob...

They approached Triss, who was sparkling with shades of blue and aquamarine. Upon seeing them, Triss cut the talk with two male wizards, laughed brightly, hugged Yennefer and performed the ritual of air-kissing. Geralt took the offered hand but decided to act against the customs – he embraced the sorceress and kissed her soft, peachy cheek. Triss blushed lightly.

post Ciri feet

It seems that in your game Triss has her lower LOD hair model. Notice the blocky shit on her forehead. This could be to do with

>nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/713/?
This mod

or
>nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/949/?
This mod.

I would recommend using this
>nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/1024/?
for the effect of the first mod, and patch 1.12 effectively takes care of the character's LOD problems that the second mod previously fixed, so you can just get the other two parts.

to compare

'You're not going to meet a loved one, Triss,' Yennefer continued. 'I am not so noble or stupid enough to give you the opportunity, or him the temptation. But just for today. I could not deny myself the sweet satisfaction. He knows what role you play as a member of the Lodge. He will thank you for that with his famous look. And I'll be looking at your quivering lips and trembling hands, I will listen to your lame apologies and excuses. And you know what, Triss? I will faint with delight.'
'I knew,' Triss grunted. 'That you would not forget, that you would take your revenge. I agreed to this, because I was actually at fault. But one thing I must tell you, Yennefer. Do not count too much on fainting. He knows how to forgive.'
'He knows what was done to him, of course,' Yennefer narrowed her eyes. 'But he will never forgive you for what was done to Ciri. And me.'
'It is possible,' Triss swallowed. 'He may not forgive. Especially if you insist. But he won't fly into a rage. He won't lower himself like that.'
Yennefer flicked her horse with her whip in anger. The animal whinnied and leapt and the sorceress swayed in her saddle.
'Enough talk,' she snapped. 'more humility, you smug viper! He is my man, mine and only mine! Do you understand? You have to stop talking about him, to stop thinking about him, you have to stop admiring his noble character... As of right now, right now! Oh I want to grab you by your matted red hair...'
'Try it!' screamed Triss. 'Just try it, you vindictive bitch and I'll scratch out your eyes!' I...'

Triss looks gorgeous!

They don't die. They have a knockdown animation, just like the people beaten in a fist fight, it always play out for characters who can't die. Notice that you can't dismember them no matter how hard you try.

And the story was not about tricking Geralt into killing guards (since he just knocks them down), but him being full of doubt if he did the right thing, thus creating sense of guilt.

My Geralt enjoys spending time with Triss in their home in Kovir!

goddamn rivian peasants interrupted the great cat fight that was going to happen ....

This is why people hate rivians.