/twg/- Total War General

Where are the elves? edition

>Attila
TWC Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2105-Total-War-Attila-Modifications
Slavic Race Culture DLC -- youtube.com/watch?v=QiVx6yBp4fg
Age of Charlamagne -- youtube.com/watch?v=RNOy63UZXvM
Last Roman -- youtube.com/watch?v=ZPOHiFTQDyc
Empires of Sand DLC -- youtube.com/watch?v=4YN4doAZDPU
Attila launch trailer -- youtube.com/watch?v=h9xmbMLyMuo

>Warhammer
EGX Siege AI and Vamp vs Chaos gameplay -- youtube.com/watch?v=fj05Ll1Mark
Chaos vs Empire battle -- youtube.com/watch?v=uao1Pu-Kw88
Vampire Counts Campaign -- youtube.com/watch?v=2a9nF8X2Yd4
Vampire Counts Reveal -- youtube.com/watch?v=uj605sogy3I
Corruption Blog -- wiki.totalwar.com/w/How_Corruption_Works_in_Total_War:_WARHAMMER
How Corruption Works -- youtube.com/watch?v=g6PPH4GkEM8
Vampire Counts Roster -- wiki.totalwar.com/w/Vampire_Counts_Army_Roster
Siege of Hovel -- youtube.com/watch?v=9SFM6-LC6io
Kholek Suneater- Chaos vs Dwarfs -- youtube.com/watch?v=3EIkvHD7MU8
Kholek Suneater -Dwarf POV -- youtube.com/watch?v=aAMKJzUAX_M
Modding Officially supported -- wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_Modding_Details
Orc Campaign gameplay Stream -- twitchDOTtv/totalwarofficial/v/64693135
>Pastebin FAQs
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN (embed)

RIP thread:

ELVES GOT WOOD

Anime!

Xth for the upcoming elf purge and looking more fabulous than them while doing it

>oh look mum I posted it again !

who are you quoting?

If I roll for the Brets do I have to wait until their campaign comes out

Elves are cute. Cute!

Nah but as soon as they become available it is your sworn duty to fight for the lady.

elf-meat cute yes-yes

Easy!

> Tomb Kings still not announced

Some Latvian guy just got his leg destroyed.

This sport is fucking brutal.

its a bunch of fat guys having a cuddle

>for the lady.

You mean the elf

which anime is this from?

The melees are fucking bullshit.
I'd watch duels but 14th century armors make me want to puke

there is filthy sub-humans in this thread right now not playing the 1212 AD mod

>tfw you realise you are re-creating agincourt

It's historically accurate.

I SHED THE BLOOD OF SAXON MEN

I wish it was thick elfs having a cuddle instead desu

shut up

>anime

why are japs obsessed with European/white history? I guess its inspiration other than apocalypse and robots but its picked up recently.

Are they obsessed?

Ayyubids get the fuck out

But they have made a shitton of samurai series and movies.

>be Scipii
>take over Greek and Carthaginian cities in Sicily
>some turns pass
>send spy to carthage
>only small garrison
>carthaginian armies busy Mars knows where
>send army of blue romans to attack carthage
>mfw exterminating the population

Resistance is Futile!

frogs can also get the fuck out, crecy, poitiers agincourt never 4get

>It's historically accurate.
Yeah but the rules specifiy that all armors from pretty much all time are allowed and all we see is that same ugly shit mail and greathelms.
Don't people knwo about anything else.
Or perhaps the refs only allow armors from that time period I don't know. Its a fucking eyesore

Im sure your French King will be pleased

That's a comic.
You can tell by the lack of sound, separation of time into frames, dialog bubbles and vertical aspect ratio.

>M&B mod assets.
Truly a weapon to surpass metal gear

Reeeeeeeeeeeeee

It's a sport you stupid fucking moron, they don't need plate armor because they're not gonna go fight a war. They're gonna break their bones at most.

Am I the only one who feels the blood in Rome II/Attila is poorly done?

IF OUR LORD IS T'BECOME KING Oh wait Sadiq Khan already won. FUCK

>why are japs obsessed with European/white history?
They'll never be able to balance all the sengoku jidai animes and mangas.
Ever.

>TWWH will ban this

Finally the talentless hacks can stop ripping off other people's shit and maybe, just maybe make their own shit.

Based Sadiq.

If I have to break my leg rekting out of shaoe slavs I'd like to be stylin thank you very much

well the chinese and other east asians don't write stuff about european history and the japs are big collectors of european antiques.

I haven't played total war I'm years (my fave is the original Rome total war) but I want to get back into it.

Any era of history will do.... what's the agreed upon best game(s)? Are the napolean one or Attila any good?

Willing to mod also and I like historical accuracy as well. I've only played a little medieval/Rome 2 but I wasn't a huge fan and I've heard they weren't well received.

They're only about as obsessed with it as whitey obsesses with asian history.

>shaoe
shape

Have you ever seen how expensive the armor they wear is? Get the stylish armor is even more expensive. A pair of gauntlets alone cost $600.

>he thinks that's stylish

All the games are good except for Empire. Just pick a period you're interested in, weighted towards the newer games.

theyre not from m&b they made them themselves

>$600.
Must costs less in slavland I guess. A friend of mine ordered cutsom made armor a while back but I can't remember the price, would have been interesting to compare.
Mad french get the fuck out.

They have to be functional you fucking moron. Your piece of shit aluminium/mild steel/stainless steel crap would deform on impact.

Pretty much everything except torso armor and the shields is taken from OSP for M&B, play the Rhodok in Floris and you'll see.

>co-op campaign

Butchering Europe and the Middle East has never been this comfy

>Your piece of shit aluminium/mild steel/stainless
Admit you're mad it doesn't allow squatting.

>co-op with gf
>she's not too good at strategy so she always wants to play as my puppet state
>filthy barbars attack her
>kick them out
>rewarded with dinner
Comfy desu

You can squat in well articulated armor. Look at this. You can squat and shit if you want, no problem. That's why plate armor is so fucking expensive.

>In plate armor
Thank you for proving my point

is there a hole for shitting

mild steel is fine for armour if you've forged it out I've used it for a few helmets over the years. Customers have said they'd come back to get depressions hammered out but never have.

You two going to play Warhammer coop together? That might be fun.

Me and the bf are considering a joint Empire campaign with that new mod.

FUCKING NORMAL FAG GET THE FUCK OUT IF YOU EVER HAD A GIRLFRIEND GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT

gay

Yeah we are, she actually bought it for me for my birthday

where the fuck do you think we are?

she's either stupid or ugly, dump her and play coop campaign with a buddy

What's your point? That good armor is made out of mild steel? Fucking kill yourself.

>That good armor is made out of mild steel?
No.

Are chaos still day 1 DLC?

GET OUT NORMIES

Can anyone explain to me why being able to play coop as the same faction needed to be a mod?

I can totally see the arguments for the regional occupation system, but how does the inability to play for the same goals and with the same units negatively impact the game in any way?

Well done.

Nice, what races you going to play?

A cursory glance at the game would answer that question, but what would they change it to?

Yeah, but you get them for free if you pre-order or buy it in the first week after release

it doesn't have to hold up to much at all, the swords are very blunt and they don't strike with much force and they aren't allowed to use anything that could puncture it. Mild steel is perfectly acceptable.

No, it's not. They lost their permissions and had to make it themselves.

Day one dlc which is """"""""""free"""""""""" for the first week. After that you'll have to shell out shekels like everyone else.

it's free the first week

Empire for sure, at least until the elves are released since that's her favorite factions. She's got both a wood elf and high elf miniature army and is actually the one that got me in to warhammer in the first place. She doesn't play though, only paints and read the lore.

post a pic of her, no face needed

What's the point of blunt swords? I see people walking around with polearms and maces..

you've basically answered your own question. They did it because in coop either player in both factions will between them only have maybe third of map or a 6th each that they can conquer so its not a full campaign experience.

Exactly. The swords are useless. The maces, axes & halberds seem way more effective

I have the osp for the helmet right there. You want to proceed ?

jelly you actually have someone to co-op with.

most of my friends are normies and I'm a passing normie.

I think the exact opposite.

Playing as the same faction in a co op campaign wasn't possible without the mod to split starting LL locations. When you think co-op campaign the first thing that pops in mind is being the same faction under a different LL.

Regional occupation is only for map painting the reasoning for CA's choices was good for me.

Then why do they use it?

Good choice, We're both Skaven players, so we've got a bit long to wait before they're in TWW.

Maybe we should 2v2 when the races are all released.

I'm on the dev team, we don't use their models. It looks similar because it is similar

style points.

it's ingrained into our subconcious that knights use swords

Sure, how about you fuck my wife while I'm watching ?

well the polearms and maces are more effective because they are heavier and have better reach and without being able to puncture or cut a weapons only desirable quality is how well it bludgeons. Perhaps they think a sword is easier to handle in close quarters seeing as they end up cuddling half the time.

Did you just propose to an user that you have some kind of custom battle double date like 4 years from now?

I'm always open to playing co-op with people, problem is the ones I find online (from /twg/ and elsewhere) never play as much as I do so it ends up sorta just dwindling away after the first time.

Possibly, neither of us are particularly good at MP though so it would be a quick battle

I was thinking more when Rats and Elves are released, but yeah I didn't think that through did I?

Stamina is a very important part of this sport, swinging a sword is a lot less work than swinging a mace or polearm.

Don't you lose when you get knocked down? Can't you take two shields and just shove people?

crossbows desu

Using a weapon is part of the rules. Certain categories even cycle through weapons.

>swinging a sword consumes less stamina than halberds and polearms

When will this fucking meme end? This isn't dark souls.