/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, May 7th:
351 – The Jewish revolt against Constantius Gallus breaks out. After his arrival at Antioch, the Jews begin a rebellion in Palestine.
1429 – Joan of Arc ends the Siege of Orléans, pulling an arrow from her own shoulder and returning, wounded, to lead the final charge. The victory marks a turning point in the Hundred Years' War.
1794 – French Revolution: Robespierre introduces the Cult of the Supreme Being in the National Convention as the new state religion of the French First Republic.
1915 – World War I: German submarine U-20 sinks RMS Lusitania, killing 1,198 people including 128 Americans. Public reaction to the sinking turns many formerly pro-Germans in the United States against the German Empire.

>News
HoI4 DD54 - AI
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/hearts-of-iron-iv-development-diary-54-ai.924168/

EU4 DD April 28
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-28th-of-april-2016.923918/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive
mega.co.nz/#F!WZZFXDyT!yyb25ZuLdLs0B8vhoKS3LA

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>EU4 - BDSM
pastebin.com/vYbnKvK2

>>[CK2 - 2.4.5] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.3.3 - 21/03/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V7
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2] Many Houses Divided - v 0.0.1.1
dropbox.com/s/jso7qa1c4ystej7/MHD.rar

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=L0bcRCCg01I
youtube.com/watch?v=4N0D3HBqRqU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

the most cancerous thing about hearts of iron games, is that population is completely irrelevant. it doesn't even exist to begin with as a mechanic. only indirectly via the manpower pool. thus, a luxemburg with 10 factories will be able to produce way more than a china with 2 factories. now that i think of it, factories are a stat. they don't even need to be manned. you can actually have more factories than your population. the absolute best way of simulating production, factories and population belongs to victoria 2. unless hearts of iron 4 takes some ideas from it, it is going to be their 4th cancerous game of the series

>thread begins
>immediate copypasta

never change /gsg/

>darkest hour, played as japan in 1905
>completely destroyed russia, won the siege of port arthur, vladivostock and holding off the remaining russians in northern manchuria
>still lost the battle of tsushima
RRREEEEEE RUSSIANS ARE SUPPOSED TO SUCK AT NAVAL WARFARE

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

pls buy Stellaris

It's actually good

wew

when is stellaris released? 8th of the month? are we gonna see it getting uploaded the same day or after 2-3?

>clipper factory in 1917
Why?

It only cost the world a few million men but Ukraine is ours, lad. My tolerant™ democratic empire grows.

>uk
>coal shortage
pick one

A few million death is worth it for those sunflower seed farms.

the rape train

>+9.1k liquid profit
Why the fuck not?

t. capitalists

Napopan mod update when?

I don't play Victoria. Where the fuck is the fabled liquor in this screen?

I came here to encourage memes.

has no brakes

Well spoken. Belarus was up for grabs but infamy didn't permit it and I was in a pretty shitty and really disorganized spot. Should I blob into Russia proper later?

victoria 2 is a good game lads

>fought an equally strong army (30k), forced them to retreat
>4000 casualties

>have to march over 2 enemy provinces, within the supply limit
>6000 casualties (???)

Nah push the Turks out of Europe

Getting there, first tech that unlocks infantry is at 1775 so hopefully within 5-10 years I'll have replaced most of my shitty irregular armies with the standard INF/ART/ENG/HUS armies.

>tfw ottomans own half of the world and they want to fuck your shit up

classy

Post the music you will purge alien scum to
youtube.com/watch?v=L0bcRCCg01I

>victoria 2
>2 units with 0atk can inflict the same damage as 1 unit with 10atk
balance guys. make sure to get guards instead of infantry if you are the offensive type. that +2 atk will really make a difference ;)

in-game music ya dingus

r8 this vintage poster :^)

>6

DELET

yeah, turns out it's hard to maintain a big industry with only one city unoccupied

youtube.com/watch?v=4N0D3HBqRqU

nah too german, lacks elegance 3/10

nowhere to be seen because this is the genius AI

I really wish Paradox would release a historical grand strategy game about the Civil War.

I'm sick of all these european wars that I have to speak a dozen languages and study world history to give a rats ass about.

and a nice soviet one

what the fuck johan

>mocking the AI when it has at least 5 factories with +5k daily liquid profit outside London

On the 9th. Probably uploaded on the same day if I had to guess.

>/twg/ is hype as fuck about Warhammer and the game is two weeks away from release
>Stellaris is about to be released in 2 days and /gsg/ has barely started getting vaguely excited about it

What went wrong.

Read that as Stannis at first
accurate tbd

stellaris leak when

>/gsg/ has barely started getting vaguely excited
t. hasn't looked at the entirety of the last thread

autists sperging over their historical simulators claiming space games can't be grand strategy, thus alienating some portion of people excited for Stellaris

Will it be okay?

>What went wrong.
It's just a platform for DLC's and it doesn't offer anything new and exciting.

NEVER EVER

Best selling game on steam right now.

Outselling Dark Souls 3 even. Go look.

t. roose

Maybe now that he's already filthy rich he'll stop calling us pedophilles and paying autists to shill here

I really hope that some of you guys like these posters

>Outselling Dark Souls 3 even
It's been weeks since its release. The vast majority of the people that wanted to buy it already bought it, and that applies to all games.

fixed scandi

It'll start out okay if slightly barebones.
Then DLC will improve it
Then with more dlc it'll be a badly made clusterfuck of random badly thought out features

I am, pls keep posting

No Kurland or Prussia?

The work of "liberators".

Jelendol is probably a place or something.

Rate this germanoia.

because these captchas are a pain in the butt
I have a couple more, I'll post them

as is the cycle with paradox games as of late

ck2 and eu4 ruined

I want to play humans in Stellaris, but I don't want any of my leaders to be strong independent womyn, poo in loo indians and blacks, is there a solution to this?

>tfw want to buy stellaris but I have exams

Tell me if it's worth it lads.

What are you fucking talking about?

Games like GTAV were top sell for MONTHS. It has nothing to do with that.

>/twg/ is hype as fuck about Warhammer and the game is two weeks away from release

I see the retards aren't jaded enough after Rome II.

GTA is the sole exception.

this polish one is depressing to be honest.

You a bong?

yeah

no lad do it after exams

johans already ruined enough lifes

Wrong.

Fallout 4, Metal Gear Solid V, Witcher 3.

Plenty of games are top sellers for more than a few weeks.

>autists sperging over their historical simulators claiming space games can't be grand strategy

The same thing happened in the /twg/ general before the number of warhammer kids whose first TW game is going to be total warhammer started to outnumber the rest.

>1934
>German Empire flag

I hate Africa and africans but this is simply beautiful

All of them super popular games of well known franchises.

It looks like a water color drawing of a 6 year old child.

>hating on Natalia
fuck you

Stellaris leak when ?

M E X I C O

>I want to play humans in Stellaris, but I don't want any of my leaders to be strong independent womyn, poo in loo indians and blacks, is there a solution to this?
I want to play humans, but I want all of my leaders to be cute, white women with long hair, is there a solution to this?

So is Dark Souls.

Dude, get off it. Even Undertale was top seller for over a month. And Terraria, and plenty of other indie games.

Stop being autistic.

>tfw want to buy steallaris but it's like 200 in my local currency

diavase malaka

I like it for some reason, this combo of technology and primitive-ness/wildlife
S-Sorry

>Buying parashill games

You better be

I know that feel

Australia?

So who do I play in NWO?

>games go into hundreds in his shit currency
>he doesn't even pirate

It's like you don't even know how to live in a shithole, man.

Stellaris anime mod WHEN???