/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it

Reminder that Stellaris discussion doesn't belong in this thread.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, May 8th:
453 BC – Spring and Autumn period: The house of Zhao defeats the house of Zhi, ending the Battle of Jinyang, a military conflict between the elite families of the State of Jin.
1794 – Branded a traitor during the Reign of Terror by revolutionists, French chemist Antoine Lavoisier, who was also a tax collector with the Ferme Générale, is tried, convicted, and guillotined all on the same day in Paris.
1942 – World War II: The Battle of the Kerch Peninsula: The German 11th Army begins Operation Trappenjagd (Bustard Hunt) and destroys the bridgehead of the three Soviet Armies (44th, 47th, and 51st) defending the Kerch Peninsula, in the eastern part of the Crimea.

>News
HoI4 DD54 - AI
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/hearts-of-iron-iv-development-diary-54-ai.924168/

EU4 DD April 28
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-28th-of-april-2016.923918/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive
mega.co.nz/#F!WZZFXDyT!yyb25ZuLdLs0B8vhoKS3LA

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>EU4 - BDSM
pastebin.com/vYbnKvK2

>>[CK2 - 2.4.5] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.3.3 - 21/03/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V7
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2] Many Houses Divided - v 0.0.1.1
dropbox.com/s/jso7qa1c4ystej7/MHD.rar

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GXAANANGg0k
youtube.com/watch?v=ZKUR9eSH1Z0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Good post

>load up V2
>pick Greece
>Russia allies ottocucks

Quality post

I keep trying to play CK2 with friends and they have checksum YZAZ whereas I have ABAV. None of us have mods, so why is the checksum different?

Repostan

Bulgaria has suffered over the last century. A hard won independence and territorial expansion was reversed by the perfidious Russians, and Prince Alexander, and the House of Battenberg with him, was replaced with a member of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha, Prince Ferdinand II. Now, by getting cozy with their German allies, Bulgaria has expanded once again and Ferdinand has been crowned Tsar of Bulgaria. The year is 1936, and Bulgaria's neighbors are eyeing her rightful land with jealousy, rumours abound of their plans to create a pact to invade. The period ahead will be rocky, and only Tsar Ferdinand's autistic savant advisors of /gsg/ can guide him through these turbulent times.

Holy shit Ferdinand was a madman: Ferdinand was known for being quite a character. On a visit to German Emperor Wilhelm II, his second cousin once removed, in 1909, Ferdinand was leaning out of a window of the New Palace in Potsdam when the Emperor came up behind him and slapped him on the bottom. Ferdinand was affronted by the gesture and the Emperor apologised. Ferdinand however exacted his revenge by awarding a valuable arms contract he had intended to give to the Krupp's factory in Essen to French arms manufacturer Schneider-Creusot.[6] Another incident occurred on his journey to the funeral of his second cousin, British King Edward VII in 1910. A tussle broke out over where his private railway carriage would be positioned in relation to the heir to the Austro-Hungarian throne, Archduke Franz Ferdinand. The Archduke won out, having his carriage positioned directly behind the engine. Ferdinand's was placed directly behind. Realising the dining car of the train was behind his own carriage, Ferdinand obtained his revenge on the Archduke by refusing him entry through his own carriage to the dining car.

Seriously starting to believe NWO lad is retarded 2bh

Because your game files are different

>he wanted to crown himself emperor in Constantinople
Based desu

Clear cache and restart the game.

Clear what cache?

documents/paradox interactive/game folder/map/cache

delete everything inside "cache"
launch the game
close the game
launch the game again

stellaris when?

Wrong thread

Monday

How do I get into Paradox games?
I've played a lot of Total War and Nobunaga's Ambition, but I basically just learned everything by fucking around in menus for those games. Anyway, those games have gotten kinda boring because I know the games back to front.

When I start up CK2 though, I have absolutely no idea where to begin. How did you all get started with grand strategies? Any recommended tutorials or just an explanation on what the fuck everything is?

I watched playthroughs on youtube.

you mean tomorrow?

Which thread then?

Clicking on things, usually. No video game is hard to lean how to play if you just look at all the buttons and what they do.

maybe australians will leak it

Comes out the 9th, today's the 7th

The 4x general
>b-b-but its dead
Create.a new one
>but its empty
Go to /v/ for games that can't sustain a general
>but they don't want to tall about it
Tough luck, go to a forum or reddit

Can somebody link me to unHPM?

/civ4xg/

>tfw you call fascist parties Reactionaries so people don't realize you're a piece of shit

Stellaris isn't 4X

EU4 is far more easier to get into and play and just blob in every direction.

CK2 has an awkward start depending on where you are.
Try learning with an Irish minor or something and fabricate claims on neighbors and learn the basic mechanics before trying to manipulate your way into inheriting every throne.
Play on 5x speed is shit isn't moving along with fabricate RNG. Or maybe you already have casus bellis to declare and conquer nearby Irish lords.

>today's the 7th
hahahahhaha he actually unironically lives in a country where it's still the 7th

fucking westards

Rate it lads.

CK - > EU3/4 - > Vicky 2 - > Pick an HOI

Could probably start with Stellaris too, seems pretty easy to get into

Yes it is
Its also not discussed here
Read the op

>aromania
>a country
t. MCG

youtube.com/watch?v=GXAANANGg0k

>Reminder that Stellaris discussion doesn't belong in this thread.
Pfffft. It belongs here like all other gsg games.

please rate

>he died again

Great start, getting Denmark to sell a territory is a bitch and a half.

This one. They're just autistic, don't mind them.

/gsg/

>op specifically says this isn't the place for it

Wew lad, quality post :^)

OP is wrong, it's the t. /gsg/ thread that doesn't allow Stellaris.

OP can't be wrong, he made the thread

If you want to discuss this, go make civ4x

Assuming you plan to create a glorious human-majority galaxy, you need to not use slow breeders

>reality somehow warps because the OP was a shitposter
Nice meme.

t op

OP here, I made a mistake.

Stellaris discussion is allowed.

t. OP

thanks, OP!

See

FUCK OFF SAMEFAG

NOBODY CARES IF YOU DON'T LIKE CHANGES IN OUR GLORIOUS /gsg/

WE WILL PLAY STELLARIS AND WILL EXTERMINATE SJW UN NIGGERS AND XENOS

Don't think I've ever seen an ai defend Egypt against the Ottomans.

>retards shitpost about stellaris
>stellaris will be posted anyway
and life goes on

>reality
There's no natural law that says gsg is supposed to accept whatever you classify stellaris or the game itself

This isn't the thread for the game, its written in the main post in the thread
Deal with it

why doesn't Stellaris belong here?

m-muh historical grand strat ;_;

I've seen France try to defend Egypt against UK, Prussia and Ottomans.

They got their ass handed to them and further got ruined by rebels, but they tried their hardest.

You're the one acting like it's a natural law that a game that fits all criteria shouldn't be here.

Sorry, just because you don't like it doesn't mean it doesn't belong.

A certain group of autists hate space
Another group of autists love space
these two groups of autism are at war

What is this xenos meme?
do you mean Xenophobes or Xenophiles?

>his meme shitpost thread died so now he's trying to ruin this one too
wew

I'll just exterminate xenos anyways.and repopulate their planets with neohumans

so is Stellaris any good ?

I'm not acting like that and I'm not saying fit doesn't belong because I dont like it

I say it doesn't belong because the OP explicitly says so

t. OP

t. OP

Xenos means disgusting aliens waiting for their technology to be stolen by us and then use it to exterminate them and take their planets, lad.

I am just excited for an accessible grand-strat not hampered by Paradox's patch work for the sake of historical accuracy.

>just hand out arbitrary bonuses to countries B^)

And I'm saying that it's irrelevant if the OP is a shitposter or not. Stellaris is a grand strategy game, all the shitposting in the world doesn't change that.

stellaris soon lads

>Seven crashes later
Bulgaria, Act I, Episode I: Black Monday

The abdicated Tsar Ferdinand has made headlines today after complaining to the Prime Minister that his pensions are unbecoming of a man of his stature. Prime Minister Filov, however, maintains that Ferdinand cannot receive a higher pension as Bulgaria has been struck by the effects of Black Monday, and is spiraling into a crippling depression. It is up to Czar Boris III to decide on the matter, and he has been mulling over his options all day.

>Support Ferdinand, Bulgaria will honour it's heroes
or
>Support Filov, Ferdinand demands too much!

>not tomorrow

youtube.com/watch?v=ZKUR9eSH1Z0

Official /gsg/ meme countries list:

1. Poland
2. Italy
3. Ukraine
4. Belarus
5. Canada

what you are saying is that we shouldn't respect the general rules and post whatever we want in any thread

Fuck dad, support Filov.

Where's Belgium, you sack of shit?

Gotta wait for that crack and add to /gsg/'s horde

We are respecting the general rules, we just aren't respecting the shitposting OP. Just because one person makes a thread doesn't make them the king of a general. Where did this idea come from, /b/ or something?

>not including Belgium
>not including Macedonia
>not including Yugoslavia
>not including Seaworld
FUCK OFF REEEEEE

The OP has no authority to make that rule you fucking moron.

1. FYROM
2. Belgium
3. Moldova
4. Kosovo
5. Switzerland

s-sorry lads i thought more than 5 would be too many

REALLY nice video

>horde

>EU4 is far easier to get into and play and just blob in every direction

Maybe back when it came out, but we're what, 7 major expansions in? Pretty much every significant patch has added difficulty or complexity to the game because Paradox was tired of seeing germanyblob games posted to their forums.

>Switzerland
Refer to

>falling for the bait again
Fucking autists, when will you ever learn

buy stellaris quickly

Which starting weapon are you using?
Which starting travel method are you using?
Why?

Bost pest empires lads

johan, what do I miss out on if I don't pre-order?

Stellaris soon, I can't wait. I hope we get a ton of discussion about it, I'm tired of the same old shitposts every thread.

>he doesn't purposefully "fall" for the bait to perpetuate the cycle of shitposting

Switzerland is a non-country with 4 different ethnic groups

Regards, Russia pro.

pls release

lasers
hyperlanes
I don't have to justify myself to a piece of shit like you

>op is shitposting because I don't agree with him

If he was a shitposter why didn't you make a new thread?

Look lad, just deal with it. This thread isn't for stellaris. Better luck next time

epic mobile ringtones

pls buy