/lite/ - Roguelite general

IT KEEPS HAPPENING EDITION

Last thread: >What is this?
A place to discuss all rogue-lites and related games and topics. Examples: The Binding of Isaac, Nuclear Throne, Enter the Gungeon, Faster than Light, Spelunky, and Rogue Legacy.

>List of Some Rogue-lites (W.I.P)
pastebin.com/rwnYefeG

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/rogue-lite

>/ntg/ Pastebins
Character Ideas pastebin.com/JnGYReQj
Crown Ideas pastebin.com/TjhD5NAk
Soundmods pastebin.com/bAtMbDCV

Other urls found in this thread:

flockmod.com//lite/
youtu.be/KK2RPri-Gp0
flockfiler.com/fflite.php
youtube.com/watch?v=3lrYpkwpUmQ
yellowafterlife.itch.io/wasteland-kings-together
youtube.com/watch?v=NhFui2NcgDo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

you won't wipe the slate clean of these sins

NEVER EVER
like Update 100

Great picture btw drawfag.

It's just a prank, bro

>die to dragun with the gun soul
>expects me to make it all the way back with one heart and starting gear

PLEASE DIVERT ALL SHITPOSTING INTO HERE THQAKS
flockmod.com//lite/

DOES ANYONE HERE REMEMBER AZURE DREAMS? PIC RELATED (SCRATCH THAT I CANT BE BOTHERED TO FIND A FUCKING PICTURE)

IMAGINE A PICTURE OF AZURE DREAMS HERE.JPEG

DOES THAT GAME CLASSIFY AS A ROGUELIKE? CAUSE IT HAS SOME ASPECTS OF IT BUT SOME OTHER ANIME BULLSHIT ATTACHED

Free game of rogue-lite

It's as much a Roguelike as Shiren the Wanderer I suppose.

What did he mean by this?

NEVER HEARD OF THAT BEFORE MAN
WHO IS SHIREN AND WHYD A NIGGER WANDER
DOES HE BUY SHIT AND SEDUCES BITCHES LIKE THE AZURE DREAMS FAGGOT

does it keep it's damage increase if I switch weapons

got a new for ya /lite/ and you'll never guess how it ends youtu.be/KK2RPri-Gp0

so i tried the cursed blessed run meme. lord of the jammed every floor. yeah i died.

yes but it decreases if you get hit

you're getting better

Offensively using Rolling Eye is a one way ticket to shittertown.

RNGesus is smiling on you user

Thanks
learned that the hard way

Yup! Probably one of the harder runs to pull off.

>polaris at level 3

what

friendly reminder drawfags are literal cancer and should kill themselves

O-okay

join us

evident

FHÖ'FAASHYN Ä "ONE"

>I hate OC yet I must meme

can one of you drawfriends draw hunter or pilot in this pose?

I finally did one of them Who should I play as next?

You never learn it user, the desire is always too strong.

frog

convict

Update 99 beta is active
>iunderstandthisbuildisbroken
via Steam Beta Opt-in

i cant join ur shitty link is broken bro

>the black market room counts for the adventurer map

that's some BS, man.

Yer shitting me.

He left a dash out before lite.

WHICH ONE
H
I
C
H

O
N
E

"The Flock isn't cancer," we said.

aight that's enough for me, bye everybody

off to kill your past?

gold if you can afford it, otherwise frost

whats the actual flock url

flockfiler.com/fflite.php

that is the actual flock url, it just doesn't work the way it's supposed to. go to the flockmod site and search for the /lite/ room.

/lite/ isn't listed.

that's weird, it worked for me

All that comes up for me is like, three undertale rooms, four RP rooms, a few other generals, and some imgur room.

you have to actually use the search bar

Don't talk to me or my gun again

Died on Lich third phase, then second phase. Gettin' slammed by the Lord of the Jammed over here.

I've got RPG on Isaac but I am shit at Gungeon. I'm having a pretty great START to a run. I'm playing Pilot tho and have to choose between two of the following:

Lockpick
Grappling Hook
Cigarettes

What would you choose?

Smoke all the cigs you are comfortable with smoking, then keep hook and lockpick if you plan to steal.

>volt bullets
>fat bullets
>explosive rounds
>The Judge
>super meat gun
>shotgun coffee
>Mershotgun

And that is how I was able to sanic my way through the final level and win the run.

>hexagun
>omega bullets
>potion of gun friendship

that shit shredded bosses so fast

and then the game crashed right before dragun

I keep seeing posts of people playing Gungeon and having 2 to 3 guns, in addition to anywhere from 3 to 5 (or more) passive items, while only being on the third floor. How the hell are people getting this many chests, let alone the keys needed to open them?

I'm lucky if I can get 1 key and 1 chest per level. Hell, the last time I found a gold chest and went back to the shop to buy a key, the chest was broken when I got back. It seems like RNG hates me, which really makes me not want to continue.

It isn't really all that good to play these games while tired is it? I tried playing EtG for my first time a bit ago and I'm not doing very well. There's a lot more factors than drowsiness obviously.

Attempt number 2 at my last past to kill. This is the only one that I have died on, I thought people were joking when they said Pilot was the hardest one seeing as the others were trivial.

Don't pick up any keys that drop until you find the shop. If at least one key drops, you should be good to open the two map-generated chests per Chamber. There are also two hidden chambers which don't drop master rounds, so chests from there could be throwing you off?

I am done for tonight. This isn't hard, I am just being a fucking idiot. Why do all my best runs have to be when I am tired and making mistakes?!

That could very well be the case, but a lot of them have mentioned getting hit while carrying the crest, which means only one of two secret floors. Why shouldn't I pick up any keys until I find the shop? Does that alter the drop rate?

And why, for the love of what's holy, does failing with the lockpick mean I can't just use a key to open the chest? Also, does the two chests per floor rule count hidden areas? Because I suck at finding them.

The way that the key-shop interaction is that the Shop is guaranteed to have at least 1 key in stock if you have yet to pick up a key by the time you enter the store's room.

A key spawning or being found in a secret room doesn't count toward this, only directly picking the key up. People have found ways to min-max by exploiting this interaction.

General rule for lockpicking is to not risk it unless it's on a chest that you wouldn't spend a key on in the first place. Otherwise you're barring yourself from getting potentially good items.

Also every floor except for the final-final floor have 2 treasure rooms. Secret rooms containing chests, chests spawned as rewards for clearing rooms, and chests given by Winchester do not influence this at all.

Shopkeep may not have keys for sale if you pick one up beforehand. The second secret floor (Crest thing) is very optional outside of a first clear for an unlock. But most people tend to forego (or attempt to lockpick) chests on Chamber 1 to access Oubliette (first secret floor) for sure.

Lockpick is a risk vs. reward thing I think. I generally only try lockpicking worthless chests or stuff that are likely to not have passives or active items.

Two chests are generated as part of the map, so you shouldn't have trouble finding them just by exploring each chamber fully.

That'll be good to know when I try and get the 3 keys and 120 casings for the elevator jew. I can usually get one, but not the other. The one time I had 2 keys and over 150 casings on floor 2, the door to the shop was locked. I swear the game is trolling me at times.

Also, can I give the Master Round for Chamber 1 before I technically need to give it to the guy? I've yet to get it, as I keep swapping roll and blank in my mind. Either that, or I have the starter weapon when I'm fighting the boss and it takes forever to kill him. I really hate when I take a hit once, then I proceed to never get hit again.

He will take whatever you have. No specific order or prerequisites.

On another note, made a silly thing after that one user mentioned unavoidable damage a few threads back.
youtube.com/watch?v=3lrYpkwpUmQ

So does anyone know EXACTLY what spice does after the third use yet?

A note I'd like to add for people, it seems to me that two chests are generated per floor, but one is a passive chest, one is an active.

That can factor into your lockpick or not question. I don't always need another gun, but I could always use another passive.

Dunno why I said that wrong, I meant one is passive/active item, one is a gun, which are usually active tbqh.

Excellent, because I just got my first Master Round! I also managed to be 1 casing shy of buying the second key so I couldn't access the secret floor.

>unavoidable

You had 1/60ths of a second to avoid that user don't lie to me.

What does the Convict even have going for her? Her passive relies on you getting hit in a game which tells you to not get fucking hit, her starter guns suck, the only nice thing she has is the Molotov.

Do you have any tip for finding secret rooms aside from getting passive items that show where they are?

Dead-end rooms have a better chance to contain them.

fastest shooting starter gun if you spam m1

It's also the second shittiest gun in the game; you spend almost as much time reloading it as you do firing it.

gotta git dat robit his aruhm bruh

Why is there no coop mod for nuclear throne

WHY

What is the absolute most broken passive in the entire game and why is it the bloodied scarf?

Is it just me, or do bosses seem to drop better items when you perfect them? I almost always get shitty guns from the Chamber 1 boss unless I also get the master round. I haven't been able to perfect any of the later ones, (screw you, Ammoconda.) so I'm only going off of my knowledge of the first floor.

It's actually clone m80.

yellowafterlife.itch.io/wasteland-kings-together

Runs off of Wasteland Kings, which means it's only the first three levels, first five characters, and no bosses. Online play, can use Steam to circumvent the need for someone to port forward, or alternatively, there is matchmaking available.

youtube.com/watch?v=NhFui2NcgDo
Vid related

What the fuck do Shock Rounds even do?

Turns normal weapons into chain weapons.

Pew pew.

What do chain weapons do that normal weapons don't?

Hit people between the bullets.

Watch out she's got a gun!

TEN PERCENT LUCK

help does anyone have a ref of his gun in a similar position I don't think I can draw it without one

I've never heard of someone skipping arms day before

You can kinda see what the front-end of his gun looks like during the first second of the launch trailer. Obviously not the same position as requested but it can help you get a better idea of the geometry.

T H I C K
WE NEED MORE THICK TRAP CROW

The helmet is way too big for the glass and breath thingy, make them bigger.

>The Flock isn't cancer
What mongrel is spreading such misinfo?

>yellow after life
oh god I fucking love that guy